Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods)

Posted by: VirtuallyMe

Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/22/16 05:02 PM

I have a townsperson (Spaghattini) who is always seems to be rude & ill-tempered. I just saw her sitting on a bench & the word 'Angry' was floating over her head. Is there a way to influence or change this behavior? (I have to admit I haven't always accepted her requests because of her negative attitude)
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/24/16 02:47 PM

I get rid of them by starving them. It's a little tricky but it works.

Signed,
A very bad townkeeper

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/24/16 09:20 PM

How do you starve individual townspeople?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/24/16 11:56 PM

Evil gameplay suggestions:
Click to reveal..
Think of all the ways peeps can get food, then remove all of the sources except the one you can control most rigidly. You need to store up a bunch of food beforehand to keep your good peeps fed, or grow veggies with an eye on the clock so you can harvest before the hungry peep can grab it. It takes several days and you need to be ready for heartwrenching pleas for food. (Sometimes they don't beg though.)

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/25/16 08:49 PM

LOL @ your "Show me" button & then "Yikes my eyes!" button! laugh

I'll play around with that for a bit & see if I can influence Spaghattini to move out wink

Seems like you are the perfect person to bounce a question I've been mulling around in my head... Have you ever wished you could just take your axe or machete to one of your annoying little townspeople?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 03:21 AM

Yes.

I'll say no more!
Posted by: R0SE

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 05:32 AM

I did this with a few townspeople, took about 2 weeks.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 12:55 PM

@ROSE Which thing did you do that took 2 weeks? The machete & axe or the starving them out? wink

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 04:19 PM

I'm sure Rose meant starving them out. That's about how long it takes.
Posted by: Pertouch

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 05:18 PM

Oh my this sounds so awful wanting to kill off your town people. You can get some to just move out by not keeping your town, leaving trash etc.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 07:07 PM

We're targeting our victims to get rid of snarky peeps. I wouldn't want to lose sweet Buri while trying to get rid of that self-absorbed rotter Francone!

Also, at my town's state, it's really difficult to get the beauty down far enough to lose somebody unless I start blowing up town improvements. (Is it worse to kill off townspeople than to kill off a 3-tiered fountain? They're both just bits and bytes.) I have an almost full Museum and the Town Beauty ordinance, neither of which can be undone, and a ton of flowers I don't want to lose.

I'd support an "Eviction Notice" similar to the Demolition Order, but on the other hand selectively editing your populace requires a bit of thought and planning so it adds interest and playability to the game in my book. Others might find it disconcerting!
Posted by: arnie

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 07:37 PM

I suppose if you were to use an axe or machete on a snarky peep you could at least claim a rush of blood to the head, but systematically starving them seems cold blooded, to say the least!

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/26/16 10:31 PM

Yes, yes I'm a terrible virtual God. #DontJudgeMe

*Wishing this forum allowed +1s for posts*

+1 @Aviatrix

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/27/16 04:00 PM

Ok, here's my plan. I'm chopping down all my fruit trees & harvesting all my fruits & veggies then I'm hoarding them inside my house. I'll divvy it up to those VPs that I like & refuse all requests from Spaghattini until she leaves.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/27/16 05:08 PM

Yep, that's the ticket. You can keep track of who has been fed either with a pencil and paper, or what I do which is give them a snack right before I grant their favor for the day (not when I take their order). Or go down the line of houses in the evening when most of them are home. If a peep misses one day's meal it won't harm them. If they miss 7-15 days, they'll be in danger.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/28/16 01:42 PM

Do you know if I keep any litter, holes in the ground, etc specifically isolated to the offending VP's house, will it affect the whole town or limit a desired negative effect to my offending VP?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/28/16 03:41 PM

It will affect your whole town.
Posted by: sunshower

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/28/16 03:48 PM

This thread is hilarious. Hoarding food and starving out your townspeople...lol.

and I am totally going to try it.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/28/16 07:32 PM

Don't forget the desire to hack our townspeople to bits, @sunshower! ;-)

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/28/16 11:44 PM

So... decided to try dropping food within the houses of desirable people to guarantee they are fed over the undesirable one. Anyone else try this yet? Does it work?

Also trying hoarding the food on the floor of the Town Hall to see what happens.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/29/16 12:25 AM

True story: The first time I met the adoption lady, I accidentally hit her in the head with an axe. Don't think she felt it though. laugh

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/29/16 01:09 AM

'Accidentally' @sunshower? wink

Seems my experiment of targeting certain virtual peeps has yielded an interesting discovery. When I drop food in one house, it shows up in every house, not exactly how I intended it to work out. Will continue to keep y'all posted...
Posted by: Rissy

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/29/16 09:40 AM

You can't just drop food in their houses, they won't pick it up. You have to hand it to them directly.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/29/16 01:13 PM

That's interesting @Rissy. So hoarding more food in people's houses is another way of having food available to me to distribute. Good to know doing this will not make the food available to the offending townsperson. Last night I had reduced my town's food supply to 5 days worth from 14 days so I am making headway pretty quickly. *muahahahaha* #evillaugh

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/29/16 02:21 PM

I'm making my list of rude townies so I know who to get rid of. There's one who always turns her head towards me and gives me the stink eye every time she passes me. She's going to be the first to go. LOL

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/30/16 02:37 AM

How many townies do you have @sunshower?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/30/16 09:26 AM

I have 10... no, 9... make that 8... whistle

(We really need an evil/devil emoji here.)

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/30/16 12:07 PM

I have 10...for now. wink

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/30/16 01:27 PM

So once you get rid of one townie, does another one automatically move in?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 04/30/16 05:09 PM

Another will move back in after you get the town back up in its rating and have the amount of food required.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/01/16 07:15 AM

I am trying to keep my town at 8, deliberately. I have had to hand feed them to get this to happen. I grew exactly 8 veggies thinking it would not be enough for a new resident, but one moved in anyway. When I get it back down to 8 I will try selling exactly 8 apples to the store (I have them in cold storage in the basement of the Mayor's house) and see if that works. Eventually I will need to fill the town as this population manipulation takes a lot of effort.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/01/16 03:29 PM

I now have complete control over my entire food supply however no one has asked for food yet and no one has moved out. So do I need to perpetually carry food for the moments when I'm asked? Or can I just have it stashed so I can run & get it as soon as asked for it?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/01/16 03:30 PM

@Aviatrix 'cold storage in basement of the mayors house'?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/02/16 03:23 AM

The peeps won't ask for food until they are almost starving, and sometimes even then they won't ask. Feed them one item (fruit or vegetable) each day, whether they ask or not. Of course, don't feed the rude ones you are trying to starve.

I go around every morning and give each peep a veggie right before I fulfill their favor. I have to remember to feed my bestie and anyone whose favor I cannot grant.

The basement is just my active imagination painting a rich portrait of the Mayor's life and house. I keep the food in my bookcase storage.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/02/16 11:03 AM

How do you give the person food if they don't ask for it? I've tried dragging food to the person but sometimes it just drops to the ground and sometimes it disappears but they've never acknowledge having received it. If they don't acknowledge receiving the food, does that mean they haven't actually received it?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/02/16 03:45 PM

I just drop it on top of them, then they stand still and the action above their head says something like "Having some breakfast."

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/02/16 08:41 PM

If they're busy working on a project (like the beach), they won't acknowledge it and their action won't say anything about a meal. The food item just disappears. I am assuming they are eating though.

After a few days or about a week of not eating, the peep's behavior changes a little. It's different in each case, but they slow down, get tired a lot, and so forth. I had to start one of my games over and right away got a really rude townie. My residents are working on the town projects while getting hand fed. The ones who are getting food are staying active and cheerful even if they don't acknowledge the food while they are at work.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/03/16 11:05 AM

@sunshower, I have noticed the little 'having breakfast' dialog since you mentioned that :-) Other times they just stand still for a bit and the food just disappears. No one has actively asked for food yet so I assume I'm keeping all the desirables fed and the undesirable townie seems to be needing a lot of rest, like @Aviatrix mentioned

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/04/16 11:11 AM

Oh no! My precious flowers have started spontaneously changing to weeds!?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/04/16 12:10 PM

That happens if you don't water them at least once a day. I went one day without playing the game and the next time I opened it up, several of my flowers had turned into weeds.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/05/16 06:03 PM

It's weird because I'm sure I've watered every day. Then this morning I visited to do my usual morning watering schedule & some of my Red Berry cactus plants were missing. Are those edible? Are my townies eating them?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/06/16 11:34 AM

I think that happens when a plant turns into a weed and then a peep plucks the weed for you. Do you have that ordinance called Beautiful Town (or something like that)?

I try to water 2x a day, because I think if you water at 8 am and then the next day real life interferes with gaming until 4 pm, you can lose plants to weeds because they went too long without water.

I really like the irrigation system. Totally worth it.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/07/16 12:35 AM

@Aviatrix Oh. I do have that ordinance. I bet that's what happened, they turned into weeks & someone plucked them due to the ordinance.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/10/16 10:34 PM

Gah! My rude townie is so stubborn!

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/15/16 11:04 PM

Been feeling a little guilty now that my rude townie is looking super depressed, hunting for food & asking me for food. But even though I've stayed strong she still hasn't moved out

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/15/16 11:09 PM

Same here. I'm trying to starve out 3 of mine. I accidentally fed one of them twice because she was standing too close to a townie that I wanted to keep. I'm almost out of hoarded food so I'm going to have to plant some more and keep a close eye on it so they don't sneak any behind my back (that sounds so mean...lol).

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 12:36 AM

Sometimes they don't ask for food, but when they do, it's usually a couple of days before they depart.

My games have 9 and 10 peeps now. If the 10th peep who moves into the newer game doesn't have the really snarky personality, I'm done with starvation. I keep the ones who have a slightly rude personality, e.g. greeting you with "don't you have a big to-do list?" but otherwise being nice. I keep the hyper peeps. I have a nice mix of personalities without the really rude one.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 03:26 PM

Oh no, now I really feel bad. One of my townies just told me that Simonania died of starvation. I thought she would just move out, not die! shocked

Hmm, maybe she lied. She's one of the other rude ones I'm trying to get rid of, so maybe I shouldn't trust her words. smirk

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 03:28 PM

I'm going to recommend that you get a glass of camomile tea and retreat to your happy place, or today will be rough for you in Virtual Town.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 03:36 PM

All my townies are walking around upset about Simonania. And none of them will let me accept their requests today. I guess they're all mad at me. frown

You totally could've warned me about this, Aviatrix. shocked wink

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 04:22 PM

Sorry... I thought about describing the behavior but then I didn't say anything. They will be recovered tomorrow and all will be back to normal.

If someone asks you to deliver something for them today, then walks away without letting you accept the favor, the person that is supposed to get the item will still expect to get it, at least in the one instance where that happened to me. I reported that one to Support because while the distracted behavior seems in keeping with mourning, it seemed a little inconsistent for the favor to be half-setup and unfulfillable.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 05:25 PM

Yes, that happened with at least 2 of my townies today. And one of them still had the bubble over his head with yesterday's request before I even spoke to him today, and he accepted that item when I gave it to him. The rest of them just told me how sad they were over Simonania's death and didn't ask for anything.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: sunshower
Oh no, now I really feel bad. One of my townies just told me that Simonania died of starvation. I thought she would just move out, not die! shocked

WHAT!?

@Aviatrix Does this happen a lot?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/16/16 10:38 PM

I wonder if I actually fed my rude townie if her attitude would become more grateful? Perhaps starving her is more extreme than I need to be?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/17/16 01:15 AM

Broke down & fed her. She was moping around and 'feeling hungry' & I didn't want her to die so I fed her.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/22/16 09:02 PM

She's finally gone! Opened the game this afternoon to find a for sale sign at her house. Yay! Now I hope the new person that moves in isn't a snarky rude person like Spaghattini

...oops I guess she died. Now I kinda feel bad, still glad she's gone but I'd've rather she moved out. Now how do I get people to move on with their lives & forget about her

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/23/16 12:34 AM

They'll forget about her tomorrow. Lol.

I'm waiting on my last one to die and then I'm done starving mine.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/23/16 05:42 PM

Thanks @sunshower!
Posted by: AmberKillian

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/24/16 04:27 PM

I was thinking about getting rid of one of my peeps, but I don't think I can be mean long enough. He's just super snarky, ("thanks for the shovel. But I guess that's your job, isn't it?) and sometimes stomps around being "angry" or whatever. I assume his attitude doesn't affect others right? And I second the "eviction notice"! To the virtual gods at LDW, can we please have an eviction notice in a future update? Similar to the "demolition order".

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/24/16 11:22 PM

@AmberKillian it really wasn't that bad. Now that she's gone, I feel like it was worth it. She was super snarky just like you were describing. I'm glad she's gone. But I also 2nd the 'eviction notice' @LDW
Posted by: Jessamine

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/29/16 12:16 AM

I always wonder about these townies and what work do they do ? They don't contribute to the town at all. My shopkeepers don't seem to live in my town. they are amongst the few who appreciate all my hard work.
If I could get rid of those townies who ask me a favour and then say they could handle it themselves anyway...why don't they then? Ungrateful lazy people.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/29/16 01:06 PM

Agree @Jessamine

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/31/16 03:41 PM

@Jessamine: what about those townies who ask for a brass shovel and after you give it to them, as a reward, they give you (wait for it) a brass shovel!? I would think it would be quite easy to make the reward anything except for the thing they asked you for. I know nothing about programming however. Grr.

Also, I wish we could pause the game. At least for short periods. I have a lot of medical issues and some days I just don't feel like coming on to pull weeds, pick up litter, or give people things they could easily have gotten themselves (or even already had).

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 05/31/16 10:43 PM

AmberKillian, I have left my game untended for as much as 2 weeks without serious consequences. I routinely take a day or two off, for instance so I can enjoy an unplugged weekend in the mountains. You should take a few precautionary steps and then feel free to leave your game untended:

1) Plant flowers on housing lots and in the botanical garden, and spend the small IAP fee for the irrigation system. Those flowers will be safe as they will be auto-watered.

2) If you have large gardens outside the reach of the irrigation system, make peace with the fact that you will likely lose some flowers. They will become weeds, and if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance, the townies will pick at least some of the weeds. Take a screenshot of your garden so you can rebuild it, and store some replacement plants in a safe area (the botanical garden or a house lot).

3) Get the Beautiful Town ordinance. It will help a little bit.

4) Buy a bunch of metal trash bins and put them in places where litter seems to accumulate, such as the area behind the town buildings or the grass south of the western houses.

5) On 3 consecutive days, plant at least 3 fruit trees, which will give you 9 pieces of fruit a day. Unless you have a really incompetent townie who always gets in line last for food, this will keep your peeps fed. Even if all your trees fruit on the same day, your peeps will probably be fine, since they can go a couple of weeks before they starve to death. Since every random event generator creates outliers, I like to err on the side of too much fruit and not too little.

Your health is more important than the game, and even if you lost peeps by taking a break it would be worth it if it kept you (a living breathing real person) healthier. However, if you take those steps you probably won't lose anyone. Enjoy!

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/01/16 10:19 AM

@AmberKillian I agree with your townie comment, this game needs much more depth. I mean seriously, what's the point of asking for an object if they already have it? Which brings me to another pet peeve, it's nice they want to give you something in response to getting what they ask for but we should be able to request specific things from them in return. Strike a bargain so to speak. For example instead of only having the 2 options of yay or nay we should be able to come back with a request of our own. Like, I'll get you what you want if you're willing to get me this other thing I need.
Posted by: Ruby L

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/01/16 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: VirtuallyMe
@AmberKillian I agree with your townie comment, this game needs much more depth. I mean seriously, what's the point of asking for an object if they already have it? Which brings me to another pet peeve, it's nice they want to give you something in response to getting what they ask for but we should be able to request specific things from them in return. Strike a bargain so to speak. For example instead of only having the 2 options of yay or nay we should be able to come back with a request of our own. Like, I'll get you what you want if you're willing to get me this other thing I need.
I *really* like the bartering system suggestion. Why not make the suggestion in the official suggestion thread so it does not go unnoticed by the developer?

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/02/16 01:16 PM

@Aviatrix you are totally right!

I have the irrigation, the beautiful town ordinance, and most of my plants are covered by it. Those that aren't, I don't really mind if I lose, since they are common plants. And just yesterday I started a garden in one of my townies' lot. (He always asks for plants as favors.)

I will absolutely put in some more trash bins. I didn't realize they help the area they are put. I thought it was just a general thing.

I have plenty of food, and just planted more fruit trees so that isn't a problem. Thank you for letting me know about how long I can "abandon" the game. I figured it I left it for a week people would move out. Thanks so much!

I'm at a turning point in my health, I think, (a good one!) so hopefully this won't even be an issue in the near future.
Posted by: mal

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/04/16 10:41 PM

My rudest townie is moping around and shes "depressed" and "defeated". Does this mean she is moving out I hope.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/05/16 02:48 AM

I don't think they move out unless the beauty score is too low. And then it could be any townie.
Posted by: mal

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 06/05/16 02:04 PM

Thanks AmbeKillian
Posted by: Brid

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/04/16 12:22 PM

@Aviatrix
I know it's been a long time since someone posted here.. I am Desperate.. I tried PM you but your private topic reached their limit, so I had to come back here and ask, not starting a topic about the same thing.
Eh i know it's dead topic but I don't want to start another one and be reverted to here when my answer isn't here yet, so I gotta put it here, if you get my drift, hopefully..

I have a question how long does it take for the townie to um starve now he's going around, saying he's hungry, all the time, now..then so so hungry, then looking for food, in kinda of macabre humorous way.I saw him like following an insect,says fascinated with insect. I think he's getting bloody hungry Eh.. I look back it was gone.. I know they can't eat them but then, oh my mind, vivid, I'm a old RPG gamer see...

So it's been days now, he hasn't asked for any food there's just the pitiful eyes, I have to tell myself he brought this on himself and we don't get the option to evicte him which would be more of a Paragon choice, which I'm being forced to do the Renegade choice, or live with him, and I refuse to live with it so one does what they must aye..

Goddess I hope the update gives us the eviction notice it's turning us into murderous mayors. Lol.

I feel bad and not, Eh I tried to feed and accommodate and when they still get worse and not better you're not in the least appreciated in any form, verbally abused, they give lousy gifts. I've always been polite..then its sorry you don't get anymore Quest done, or fed.. it's time to leave..

This is my justification, do i want my daughter around someone like that, she follows him, he's a bad example.. or worse.. that's the RPG gamer got to find the rationalisation for your action, in your mind. So now that he's just a creep doesn't bother me that he's starving. Am I feeling guilty no not in the least. Ahhhhhhh.. I gotta keep with my creative story or else I won't be able to do it.. I just don't believe I'm asking it on a gaming Forum..

So how long actually weeks,days?
If someone would be ever so kind and answer me if not the instigator herself of all this crazy LOL..;)

So the horrifying question. How long exactly was it for any of you did it take? ... fess up come on... give me the spot on truth..

I've got two of them now I want to get out of there..
I want a peaceful town can anyone blame one the world's crazy enough Virtual Town needs to be nicer..

So right now it's been almost a week and nothing..If in weeks about how many? When do they finally leave the town one way or another.

I also have a nice storage Cellar in my mayor's house filled with food, so my good townies are all getting fed daily hand fed with each quest, then especially if I can't fulfill the task...

@Aviatrix, someone, could you be ever so kind..?

P.S. Someone mentioned it here in this thread and I just to comment my experience with,peep slightly feel the machete, he was sitting there I had a harvest waiting seconds to ripen.

Eh he was waiting there so I pulled out my machete and started swinging it at him,it did literally move him, moved him several times, then he ran away, as he was coming back. had time to harvest before he got there,he gave me the stink-eye.. so they do feel it if you swing it close to them..IME. I chased someone out of my yard with a machete that way, in VT.. Lol
Posted by: Veggies

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/05/16 04:35 PM

I haven't ever tried it, so I can't say from experience, but Aviatrix confirmed how long it takes to rid yourself of townies this way in this post. Hope it helps you!

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/06/16 11:13 PM

Yes, it's about 2 weeks.

I started one game over and have discovered it's much easier to get rid of them early. I had 5 townies and a sixth moved in with the bad attitude. I pulled up all my flowers and left the holes and that dropped the Town Beauty precipitously. You only have one move-in or move-out a day, so I had to wait until this morning and she moved out. It seems the last one in is the first one out? Maybe, I'm not sure. It was this time though. I replanted all my flowers and did the morning clean up and that brought the Town Beauty from 28% this morning (!) to 57% this afternoon. with a little clean up tomorrow I should get a new townie, hopefully with a better attitude.

Of course, there's no way anyone brand new to the game would know to do this, unless they're one of those who exhaustively reads a discussion board before starting play.

I started this crew on the bridge and it will be finished tomorrow. I don't remember if I have enough peeps to start on the beach but I still have the pond to do so no worries.

On my other game, where I have 23+ million coins (!!), I am working on collecting all the ultra rare seeds. I need a Jalapa Tree seed and then I will have nothing to do in that game, unless I find that blippin' grand piano. I don't even bother to collect insects or finish quests. I think I earn 30K coins in interest each day. I wish I'd earned $23M in real life in the last year! (That game has never been started over since last December.}

By the way, I saw snow in the game a couple of days ago. Dragonflies are out and caterpillars are in.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/06/16 11:39 PM

Aviatrix
How many game days is 2 weeks? I know it plays in real time but does that mean an actual two weeks or does time pass a little quicker.? Eh good to know the quicker you get them out the better..

Oh good so the last one in, is the first one out,eh okay so that gives you another option,eh he was the last one in so.. I let the town disintegrating he still wouldn't leave, it got down to 32% an he wouldn't go.. He just keeps walking around saying I'm hungry I'm, hungry I'm so hungry over his head... one way or another he's going..

Thanks for responding..Aviatrix..
I've got all the insects, save one I have got to find in one game and another game I got all the minerals, but i've keep starting over because of these snarks, but now I'm not going to take it anymore stop starting my game over just to get rid of the rude ones,just get rid of them...

Eh the banana slug l
Elusive sucker, nobody nobody here will actually say where they caught a banana slug will say look where it's wet, a so I hang out at the pond, if it likes to live near water banks.. Eh it's the one bloody insect of all the insects that I have yet to find..

Oh Aye, I had snow in game too, on my birthday in December so that was cool..surprise. Just don't think it stays long enough IN GAME, or snows often enough or hangs in the trees that would be so cool..seeing pristine snow..
RL mean we get a lot of rain here but snow is a rare occurrence then with the crazy weather going on around the world who knows what's going to happen in what country..

Aye I noticed that, no dragonflies but already got my first caterpillar.. well have yourself a lovely day, good holiday, and thanks for answering..

Cheers

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/07/16 06:45 AM

Well, you've suffered enough. I don't think you will see a banana slug until springtime, but here is a MAJOR spoiler on how to find them.

Click to reveal..
Banana slugs come out when it rains. You may have to restart the game to repopulate the bugs several times, and they're often just not there. They are rare, after all. Check along the baseboards of the storefronts, along the north bank of the middle river, in the Botanical Garden, and in the grass area behind Town Hall. Then check all those places again; they spawn elsewhere and move north and south towards the middle river so sometimes it takes a minute or two to get to the places I listed. I am pretty sure the one I saw in the BG was on his/her* way to the storefronts and got caught against the fence.

* Banana slugs are hermaphodites. Since this is a family friendly forum, I'll leave it at that.

That is off topic for this thread but that may keep it hidden from the folks who want to know every trick before they even try. smile

Have a great holiday yourself! I hope to visit beautiful Ireland someday.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/07/16 08:06 AM

@ Thanks Aviatrix ,at last... thank you for putting an end to my suffering well at least till spring.. Lolol..

Again go raibh míle maith agat.. in Irish that translates to a thousand thank-yous.. smile

Very OT... I hope you get a chance to come to visit Ireland, she will welcome you with open arms.You'll love the Forty Shades of Green.. especially in my area Glengarriff West Cork,an Galway county,is most beautiful also.. IMNSHO.. cool
Cheers

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/09/16 08:10 PM

Thank the Goddess he didn't die, my rude bloke, he did move out this morning.. Last night I went into the Botanical Gardens and ripped up all the flowers, left holes overnight, took things out of my inventory just threw them on the ground.. course I made sure everybody else was fed and there taken care of... So this morning he moved out.. I had to go about you know re-planting, that's after I got all the trapdoor spiders from the holes the lot of them in the Botanical Garden having a party.. Lol.. I guess.. made some money on that too..Eh should have took a photo of them. So getting the towne back up to par.. I won't have someone new until tomorrow, but it worked it worked it worked it worked it worked it worked it worked.. yay...!

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/10/16 05:10 AM

Maybe. Check your new peep's attitude right away. It's possible that when the last added peep leaves, the new addition will have the same snarky attitude. If so, I'm sorry to have steered you wrong. Here's my experience:

Tuesday, I pulled all my plants and Mr. Snarky moved out.

Wednesday, the replacement moved in, and he was snarky too! Right after that, the game crashed. The tablet I was playing on is very old and underpowered, and has no business running Solitaire, much less a game like Virtual Town. It crashes several times a day. When I reopened the game, I got a notice that the town was more beautiful and a new citizen had moved in. The last minute or so had been lost with the crash, and I had a different replacement. That made me happy until I realized he was snarky too.

Yesterday, I kept the replacement around until I got the extra coins for both of the secretary's requests, then pulled up the plants again. He left.

Today, a fourth snarky peep moved in. I gave up and traded his lion shirt for a cheap one, cashed it in, and started starving him.

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 12/12/16 11:04 AM

@Aviatrix
That stinks four rude people in a row...

Eh I'm prepared to go to the extreme, if needbe, if another rude person comes in..

I already planted like 20 food I'm ready, to pull up and store if I had to if I get one little snide remark I won't go through four of them. I'll tell you that.

I've started the game over more than once because of this reason that's why I don't sign in with Facebook so it doesn't save my progress, but yet Google Play saves my purchases so if I get too frustrated I'll just start again as we wait for the update...

I'm ready now that you told me that,if I get another snarky one.. Then I'm with you No Holds Barred..“giving no quarter.”
I don't only don't feed the rude.. ignore em also..
Fingers crossed, as I go check now...

You're right he moved out and a snarky woman moved in course, she's a little bit easier to deal with. I can deal with her she's not quite as bad as him, will see.. Right you are then..
I guess we'll see if I'll take it or go your route.. eviction notices they've gotta be in the update..

I'll keep you up-to-date let me know what happens to your town also.. Good luck

Cheers
Posted by: Flizia

Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) - 02/15/22 05:25 PM

I once (or maybe twice?) bestied a grumpy townie and I think that after that happened, their attitude softened a bit. They still complain a lot, but sometimes they even notice how lovely the weather is. If they try hard, they could even greet the mayor nicely.