VT update??

Posted by: WackyJacky

VT update?? - 03/31/16 12:42 PM

Hi I've pretty much completed Virtual Town except for 3 bugs & 3 flowers. When will the new update be out?
Posted by: Ginnygirl

Re: VT update?? - 03/31/16 12:55 PM

I'd like to know too..
Posted by: sunshower

Re: VT update?? - 03/31/16 01:09 PM

I hope it comes very soon. Now that I only need 2 bugs to have all my collections completed, I don't have a lot of motivation to keep checking my game.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: VT update?? - 03/31/16 03:25 PM

The update is in testing now. We hope to have it out to everyone sometime next week, although if unexpected bugs are found, fixing them could delay things. Thanks for your patience, and we hope you like the new features when you get a chance to play with them. laugh

Re: VT update?? - 04/05/16 04:42 PM

Any update on the new release?

Re: VT update?? - 04/06/16 02:53 AM

We had a few bugs to fix over the weekend, and we're testing those fixes now. Unless we discover something "bad" in the next couple of days, we should be able to get the new update out to everyone soon (we hope by this weekend).

Re: VT update?? - 04/06/16 12:21 PM

Thanks for the updates, Barbara! Will you let us know if the release has to be delayed?
Posted by: Jennschu3

Re: VT update?? - 04/07/16 09:15 AM

I hope this update fixes the placing items in the mayors house. The last update 6.7 was supposed to. I have lost so much furniture & the new furniture & paintings I buy I have to put in storage..it's full. More storage would be nice if this is going to continue
Posted by: Samkkgamer786

Re: VT update?? - 04/07/16 03:25 PM

I hope there's an update when you can start a family will the towns folk smile it'd be a nice touch to the storyline and it'll be cool to have more kids wink and choosing who can inherit the mayor job smile smile
Posted by: Whispering Oaks

Re: VT update?? - 04/07/16 09:30 PM

Thanks for the update. I am super excited
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: VT update?? - 04/07/16 09:55 PM

What do you mean by weekend? It's friday in Turkey now.

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 02:54 AM

We consider the weekend to be Saturday/Sunday here in the United States (where LDW is located). We had a couple bugs to fix today related to fruit trees and besties, but we should be able to submit the update to the app stores over the weekend. Keep in mind that there are approval processes involved, so VT won't necessarily be live on all the app stores at the same time.

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 11:44 AM

No, i mean, What day is it in US?

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 11:47 AM

Awesome news! Looking forward to the update. smile

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 12:26 PM

Hydra it's Friday here....

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 12:52 PM

But it's also still friday here? I thought it's different in US confused Well whatsoever, i hope update will be live in Amazon store in Monday.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: VT update?? - 04/08/16 06:38 PM

LadyCFII posted that mention Thursday evening, and Ginny posted her response very early Friday morning. It's around the middle of the day on Friday right now. smile Perhaps looking for a world clock online might help you, Hydra? LDW is based in California, so that might help. smile

Re: VT update?? - 04/09/16 11:04 PM

Can someone post when they see the update? No download yet on kindle
Posted by: Joy42

Re: VT update?? - 04/10/16 03:51 PM

Is it out ? It doesn't show in the google store.

Re: VT update?? - 04/10/16 04:11 PM

Nothing here..
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: VT update?? - 04/10/16 05:05 PM

I think the word "update" used here was in reference to LadyCFII's post above, updating us on progress of the update to the game. At least, I haven't seen anything and I have a game on all three platforms, although I haven't played my iOS game for over 6 weeks. I should really look at that one and see what it looks like, lol.
Posted by: arnie

Re: VT update?? - 04/10/16 05:35 PM

It's not yet in the Apple store, either, BTW.

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 12:01 PM

Anyone have it yet?

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 12:33 PM

Can we have an update on the release date please ?

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 03:45 PM

The update was submitted to Apple on Friday, and it's waiting for review. We will try to make it available on every app store at roughly the same time, so we're watching the status of Apple's review process closely.

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 10:32 PM

How long does the review process usually take? I hope everything gets approved this week. I'm so ready for the update!

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 11:03 PM

I'm so impatient that I googled it. grin
This website says 4 days on average.
Posted by: tygerkittn

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Joy42
I'm so impatient that I googled it. grin
This website says 4 days on average.

Thanks!

Re: VT update?? - 04/11/16 11:59 PM

I was about to Google for Amazon Store Review time and i just saw an article stating Amazon Store is unavaible in Turkey. I hope it will be fixed until Update comes up frown

Re: VT update?? - 04/12/16 02:48 AM

Haha, I googled it too after I posted! I found that same website. smile

Re: VT update?? - 04/12/16 07:16 PM

I'm so impatient too, no kindle update yet...

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 12:22 AM

Haha I keep checking the App Store. I got nothing better to do! wink

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 01:24 AM

Same. It's 04:23 in Turkey an i really need to sleep but i just can't. Hope update will be salive soon.

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 02:37 AM

I keep checking too, lol smile Let's see if we can all send telepathic vibes to Apple to get them to speed up the process.

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 02:44 AM

Lol hurry up Apple!

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Whispering Oaks
Lol hurry up Apple!

Good luck with telling Apple what to do!

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 04:42 AM

Right?!

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 11:23 AM

Oh my gosh, why is this taking so long! I love how you guys are as excited as I am smile

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 02:49 PM

In other news, I have a new great-nephew. You folks go ahead and be excited about the update, I'm gonna go coochee-coochee-coo. smile

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Aviatrix
In other news, I have a new great-nephew. You folks go ahead and be excited about the update, I'm gonna go coochee-coochee-coo. smile

Oh that is wonderful! Congratulations!

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 06:30 PM

Congrats Aviatrix! I'm sure he's gorgeous! laugh

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 06:34 PM

Congrats smile Like we say here, "Allah anali babali büyütsün" laugh
Posted by: Samkkgamer786

Re: VT update?? - 04/13/16 08:35 PM

Your from Turkey? So cooooooool
-Saima
Posted by: onlyone

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 11:35 AM

still no update

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 12:18 PM

Umm thanks.
And where are you from?

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 12:30 PM

I wonder why it is taking so long..
Posted by: onlyone

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 01:18 PM

hydra14 im from the uk

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 01:20 PM

Barbara said it usually takes about 4 days. wonder if there's some problem causing delay.
Originally Posted By: onlyone
hydra14 im from the uk

oh hello and greetin6gs from here.

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 01:27 PM

There have been some hints on FB. Based on those, maybe someone set off a Fertilizer Bomb in the Cinema and the mayor has to clean up the mess because heaven knows the townies aren't gonna help!

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 01:31 PM

OMG i didn't know they were sharing pictures there laugh

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 01:55 PM

I didn't know that either. Off to check them out while we wait for the update.

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 02:31 PM

Let's set the record straight here...

I said only that we had we had submitted the update to Apple on Friday. I did not mention a timeframe for the review process or say when the update would be available. All of the other posts relating to the timing were the result of speculation by other people.

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 02:37 PM

sorry.

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 02:56 PM

The pictures on Facebook are really cool...

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 09:56 PM

Ta-daa https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebeck.vt&hl=tr

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 10:01 PM

Whoop whoop! Going to download as soon as I get home! Thanks for posting, Hydra14!

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 10:22 PM

All three app stores have the update. laugh
Posted by: mrspockfan

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 11:28 PM

Love the new irrigation system. No more running around watering plants, now I can focus on those missing bugs.

Re: VT update?? - 04/14/16 11:46 PM

Ummm what am I missing? I see an irrigation system and a movie theater that isn't open. Anything else?
Posted by: mrspockfan

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 12:51 AM

You can fertilize the brown plants more accurately using the arrow, and probably when the day starts tomorrow the new fertilizer may be available in the store.
Posted by: dawnjm

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 03:40 PM

I got the movie theatre and irrigation system but nothing in general store is new regarding fertilizers?? Help!

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 04:03 PM

Are you scrolling all the way to the far right of the plant section, past the fertilizers?

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 04:03 PM

Mine was available the day after upgrade...

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 04:12 PM

So with this pollen spray, can we get more hybrids per day?

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 04:25 PM

Ya, only see the big bags of fertilizer that ive always had

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 04:55 PM

What device are you using (iOS, Google/Android, or Amazon Fire), and did you update yesterday or today?

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 06:06 PM

Trying going to googleplay or whatever, and search for virtual town, and use the "open" button on the page. I opened mine through googleplay to make sure I got the update.

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 06:32 PM

Using Apple IPad and got update today

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 07:00 PM

Some people have reported seeing the chemicals appear in the General Store the day after they updated their game, when the store refreshes its stock. Please let us know if the chemicals are still missing tomorrow after the game does its daily refresh at 5am.

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 07:30 PM

Does the irrigation system water all the flowers? The few in the botanical garden are the least of my worries, I have fields of flowers.

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 07:56 PM

This should answer your question: the description for the Irrigation System in the purchase menu says, "Auto irrigate the entire Botanical Garden and all housing plots!"

Re: VT update?? - 04/15/16 08:33 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: Kelly18

Re: VT update?? - 04/16/16 04:30 AM

Where is the irrigation system? I do not see it anywhere in the store.
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: VT update?? - 04/16/16 02:00 PM

You will not find it in the store, it's an In-App-Purchase and you will find it where you can purchase coins.

Re: VT update?? - 04/16/16 06:12 PM

Nice update, but is there anything new besides the cinema and fertilizers ?

I was hoping for some gameplay changes, new town decors and the continuation of the main story.

Re: VT update?? - 04/16/16 06:45 PM

I was hoping for new wallpaper and flooring. My goodness there are some ugly wallpapers and floors in this game, and nothing matches!

Re: VT update?? - 04/16/16 11:08 PM

I was hoping for a new storyline too. It was fun for like an hour...

Re: VT update?? - 04/17/16 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
I was hoping for new wallpaper and flooring. My goodness there are some ugly wallpapers and floors in this game, and nothing matches!

I am not pointing fingers here. The decoration of the townies' houses used to bother me since it is random and disjointed. Then I saw some of the rooms posted by human beings, especially on FB. Then the peeps' houses didn't bother me so much. wink

I know there is a suggestions topic, and I will get over there one of these days. In the meantime, what I would like to see in the General Store is carpet in more colors than beige/gray, and... please before winter comes back... parkas in the Boutique. I know... suggestions topic. Maybe after I've done the dishes? laugh

Re: VT update?? - 04/17/16 12:43 PM

Is the pollen spray working? I have less hybrids and no near the pollinated flowers.

Re: VT update?? - 04/18/16 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Ginnygirl
Is the pollen spray working? I have less hybrids and no near the pollinated flowers.

I will give it a try

Re: VT update?? - 04/18/16 04:11 AM

I really like the fertilizer bomb. Fingers crossed for a weed bomb someday (although I really like the sound it makes when I yank one of those suckers out of the ground)

Re: VT update?? - 04/18/16 04:22 PM

I want a driverless riding lawnmower, even if it only worked in the Northern Lands. The developers could ask Google or Tesla for assistance starting up in the production of an autonomous vehicle!

Re: VT update?? - 04/18/16 08:25 PM

For all of you who were hoping for "more" in the update...

We are listening, and we are already working on an update that will continue the story and add quite a bit of new stuff (in addition to another bug-fix update, which will happen first).

We're paying attention to all of the suggestions, and we're going to do our best to include a lot of them in the next big update. We can't provide an estimate of when it will be available, but maybe it will help to give you a simplified version of what has to happen to get a big update into your hands:
  • We have to come up with a "feature list" for the update (from our design document, our own new ideas, and fan suggestions), making sure that what we come up with doesn't make the game too big to run well on everyone's devices.
  • We have to sketch out all of the new art. When we're adding new furniture, decor, clothes, etc. we're talking about a lot of art that has to go from concept to prototype, be approved, and then rendered in final form for the game (whether 2D or 3D).
  • We have to design how everything new will work in the game - including things like appropriate prices for store items, new behaviors for the peeps, changes that might be required for existing stuff to make it all work together - you get the idea.
  • All of the parts (art, behaviors, changes, bits and bytes) have to be programmed into the game and go through QA.
  • Then we need to schedule sufficient time for our beta testers to shake it out and make sure it's going to work well on a lot of different devices. If they find serious bugs (as often happens, since people aren't perfect), we have to fix those and re-test.

In short, it usually takes months to go from start to finish on a new update. The VT team is always working on improving VT, even though you don't see it.

We hope it helps to know that we're very busy here, and we're not sitting around eating pizza and wondering when we should get busy on the next update. laugh

Re: VT update?? - 04/18/16 11:33 PM

OMG i'm not ready for another content update?
I still have a LOT of work to do
My botanical garden is a mess, my house needs to be decorated currently all of the stuff in house are hanging straggly.
And storage is a soup.
Also i still didn't complete any collection, i need 5 rare plants,
12 bugs and some amount of mineral.
So don't need to hurry, work peacfully without forcing.
G'day laugh
(And be sure you eat pizza enough wink )

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 02:58 AM

I know it's a lot of hard work to incorporate new things into the game. Sometimes it's difficult for us players being in the dark and not really knowing what's going on, but I think we all know that you guys are still working on things even though we can't see it yet.

I really appreciate the insight you give us on the behind-the-scenes stuff going on over there. And it's totally okay to have pizza while you're figuring everything out. wink

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 04:06 AM

Some of us might be munching on cupcakes kale instead of pizza. wink
Posted by: MCroft

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Xay
Some of us might be munching on cupcakes kale instead of pizza. wink

Kale-cakes? Ummm...

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 06:42 PM

Kale pizza is a possibility.

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 06:59 PM

What does kale mean?
Posted by: MCroft

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Hydra14
What does kale mean?

It means 'we don't want you to know that the trendy new leaf-vegetable is really cabbage'.

Re: VT update?? - 04/19/16 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: MCroft
Originally Posted By: Hydra14
What does kale mean?

It means 'we don't want you to know that the trendy new leaf-vegetable is really cabbage'.

A cupcake with cabbage? who in the world eats that sick

Re: VT update?? - 04/24/16 04:11 PM

Cinema opens tomorrow, i can't wait laugh