I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help?

Posted by: rhaenyra

I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 04:38 PM

Hello fellow awesome mayoral types! I have been stuck with just one missing mineral for my museum...can someone take a look at my list of what I do have and tell me what I'm missing? Long list under spoiler tag.
Click to reveal..
Aegirine
Agate
Amber
Amethyst
Andalusite
Aquamarine
Calcite
Carletonite
Cinnabar
Citrine
Copper
Diamond
Dolomite
Emerald
Fluorite
Garnet
Gold
Graphite
Jade
Jasper
Kryptonite
Kutnohorite
Laumontite
Lazurite
Liddicoatite
Magnesite
Malachite
Mimetite
Neptunite
Opal
Orpiment
Platinum
Pyrite
Quartz
Silver
Smithsonite
Spinel
Staurolite
Strontianite
Sulphur
Talc
Topaz
Tourmaline
Turquoise
Uvite
Vanadinite
Zincite
Zircon
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 05:24 PM

Looks like you're missing
Click to reveal..
Mercury, a rare mineral. It looks like graphite with little white or silver inclusions. Good luck!
Posted by: Joy42

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 05:28 PM

I'm only missing one too, I'm not sure which one it is, but I don't think I ever came across the Tourmaline. Here's a screenshot of my missing mineral :Screenshot
Can you take one too so we can compare ? Would be easier to tell which one we're missing without getting an headache grin

Edit :Oops I'm a bit late for answering op. Can someone also help me please smile ?

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 06:39 PM

THANK YOU!!! I figured it was a mineral that I had already seen but forgot to donate.

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 06:45 PM

My (formerly!) missing mineral is in the same spot in the museum as yours...I don't think they fill in in alphabetical order or anything, I think they fill in in the order you find them from the inside to the outside.

Click to reveal..
The tourmaline is big, two-pointed like quartz looks, and has red - white - green horizontal stripes from bottom to top.

Also, OMG, thank you so much Aviatrix, I now have a completed collection and was
Click to reveal..
rewarded with 500 coins for doing it!

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 08:55 PM

Yep I'm definitely missing the tourmaline, thanks for the reply. I think they are sorted by rarity.

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/24/16 10:22 PM

Rhaenyra,
Click to reveal..
sounds like you owe me a 50 coin finder's fee. I'm just sayin'. grin

Joy42,
Click to reveal..
They're grouped by rarity - a common group, a less common group, and an even less common group. But within those groups they don't sit in any particular order in the Museum. With the minerals, it seems that the little pedestals fill up from left to right within their groups. With bugs, that's not true, but they don't have assigned spots either. It's a mystery!

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/25/16 03:59 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Aviatrix smile.

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/25/16 02:27 PM

If you call something an "explanation" when it ends in "It's a mystery!", you're welcome! grin
Posted by: Arabprincess

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/02/17 04:43 AM

Hi all,
I'm fairly new, started playing about a month ago. I have all but 1 mineral (Platinum). Can anyone that found it, please help me locate it and when to expect it? I'm on my 4th generation of mayors now. Thank you smile
Posted by: lisann

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/03/17 01:03 AM

I find mine in the cave
Posted by: Arabprincess

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/03/17 03:57 AM

Awesome, thank you. I guess it might just take a bit more time and playing for me to get it. I appreciate your help smile
Posted by: TerayRayal

Re: I'm missing 1 mineral...can someone help? - 03/03/17 06:26 AM

I found mine in the cave as well. Good luck!!