New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/02/16 12:42 AM

Hi, everyone!

We wanted to let you all know that this update is available on iOS now, and will be soon on Google Play and Amazon. There are a lot of important new features and bug fixes in this new version, such as:

- Added a Start Over button
- You can now move the Town Features that you purchase in Town Hall, instead of demolishing them
- The Clothing Boutique now opens sooner
- Facebook login status is now more clearly shown
- Reduced the number of rude, cranky townsfolk
- The mayor's child will continue to age beyond 16 years old
- Fixes for several major bugs that caused the game to start over or stop working properly
- Many other smaller tweaks and bug fixes!

So, be on the lookout for the update and install it as soon as you can! laugh
Posted by: Zia

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/02/16 01:05 PM

Thank you LDW! Does this update continue the game further to find what happened to the old mayor?
Posted by: sunshower

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/02/16 01:46 PM

Yay! Thanks for the update! I'm especially happy about being able to move the town features, since I accidentally placed one of my benches facing backwards. smile
Posted by: Viciousbumblebee

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/02/16 03:20 PM

This is exciting! Thank you ldw!
Posted by: Islandera

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/03/16 07:46 AM

Thank you for the updates smile.
Posted by: KatM

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/03/16 03:19 PM

I have the iOS version and I have not been prompted for an update and there isn't one to download. Unless I missed it and it did it automatically but I don't see an option to start over or move town updates.

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/03/16 04:58 PM

I guess I do have this version but don't know how to start over or move town upgrades.
Posted by: arnie

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/03/16 05:54 PM

To start over click the gear icon at the top right, then Settings. You should see the option there. You'll get two 'Are you sure?' reminders before the game starts over.

To move a town improvement tap and hold on the item for about three seconds. You will then be able to move it.

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/04/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
To start over click the gear icon at the top right, then Settings. You should see the option there. You'll get two 'Are you sure?' reminders before the game starts over.

To move a town improvement tap and hold on the item for about three seconds. You will then be able to move it.

Thank you for the help!
Posted by: sytske

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/06/16 06:30 PM

Thanks for all the great updates.

Hopefully this is an ok place to mention something I'd love to see. At this moment the start-up screen has background music on despite having turned off all sounds in the option menu. It would be great if that sounds would be muted as well.
Love the game!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 02/06/16 11:30 PM

Suggestions for Virtual Town can be made here so they are all in one place smile
Posted by: emmaxo

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 04/20/16 12:28 AM

Is there any further quests to as what has happened to the old Mayor?
Posted by: scalad

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 05/18/16 01:56 AM

When is the next update? Even though I enjoy the game it's starting to get a little bit boring.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: New Virtual Town 0.5.42 update - 05/18/16 02:59 PM

As I mentioned here the next update will be a bug fix update, but we are working on continuing the story.

The current version of Virtual Town (as of today) is 0.7.4, which includes the latest new content. laugh