Hi there, kid. Who are you, again?

Posted by: Aviatrix

Hi there, kid. Who are you, again? - 06/11/16 12:08 PM

With VF, VT, and FT under my belt, I decided it was time to introduce myself to that hot new game, Virtual Villagers. (Ahem.)

This morning I opened the game and noticed a new kid, which I sort of expected as one of my peeps was caring for a baby yesterday. But... she was still caring for a baby, and the population had increased by one. The new kid is exactly that: new to the island. Where did he come from?

(Ominous background music: IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MAYOR OF VT?!?!?)

I started the day with an event, which was some old geezer stopping by in a boat requesting plant samples. I don't know how that could have produced a 3 or 4 year old.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Hi there, kid. Who are you, again? - 06/11/16 05:04 PM

If she was caring for a baby the day before, maybe she'd dropped him/her and fallen pregnant another time. Did you check the details screen to see how long she had to wait?
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: Hi there, kid. Who are you, again? - 06/11/16 05:46 PM

I hadn't thought of that scenario. When I wrote that, I was coming off of a day where I'd had multiple failures at producing babies and it hadn't occured to me that the peeps would take any initiative. Since then, I was surprised to see this mom head inside with a partner very shortly after her babe in arms had jumped out of arms. So by your scenario, which seems plausible, she's had 3 kids. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and the young fellow who was the subject of this post is lost. frown