How to add NEW item?

Posted by: mappam

How to add NEW item? - 07/11/13 07:30 PM

I have read the 'how-to' on changing an item - make blue bed purple etc - but can't find how to add a brand new item.

Say I want to add a 3rd kids bed - keeping the original two = how do I "name" it or add it to the file so it shows?

THANKS!
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: How to add NEW item? - 07/11/13 08:17 PM

Hi Pam. You can only modify the images that are already in the game. If you want a new kids bed without modding an existing kids bed, you can place the bed directly on the map and save it (making sure you have a duplicate copy of the original map in a safe place of course). The bed will not be usable because there is no programming for it, it'll just be "for show," like the heater in this mod. I hope this helps. smile
Posted by: mappam

Re: How to add NEW item? - 07/11/13 08:27 PM

Thanks Kathy - I thought I had missed something in the guide.
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: How to add NEW item? - 07/17/13 09:21 PM

By the time you reach level 7, you have 8 different single beds, and can mod any of them. You just can't use the higher level beds until you get to the higher level.

Initially I modded both pink and blue single beds to beige bedclothes and a bookcase headboard and stuffed 6 of them into the green room, because I had a big family and they were exhausted all the time. That's when I discovered that the beds are pink and blue, not girls' and boys'. The kids don't care what color the bed is. So I can mod one of them to something else. I am just stuck with two choices until I have a few more generations under my belt.