Virtual Families 2 Content Update

Posted by: Choc1701

Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/05/13 05:44 PM

Hi When is the New Content Update for VF2 going to happen?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/05/13 06:01 PM

What new Content Update?

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/05/13 07:53 PM

I saw on facebook that they are going to add more furniture options. They said in a few weeks and showed different colored couches.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/06/13 05:40 AM

So far as I know that's for the iOS/Android versions. I don't know if they'll update the PC versions. It would be nice if they did, though!

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/07/13 07:16 PM

Well I really hope that is not true PC people should not be discriminated against. I also hope that the new furniture is a little more traditional design. It would also be nice to have some table lamps, knick knacks, different kinds of bedroom sets, etc.
Posted by: mappam

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/08/13 03:14 PM

Choc - I SOOO agree! I can't find anything to put on end-tables or coffee tables. Lamps would be awesome. Small "table top" plants would also be a Very Welcome addition!

PC - I have 4 families going at this time. One family has almost $4 million "dollars" and nothing else to spend it on.

Funny this game - I also have one family (about the same amount of generations) with only about $40,000.00 And can't even finish the main room LOL

Android and IOS are great - but come on guys - there are A LOT of us PC players that want the same upgrades!

Thanks!!!!
Posted by: Ptuny

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/08/13 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Choc1701
Well I really hope that is not true PC people should not be discriminated against. I also hope that the new furniture is a little more traditional design. It would also be nice to have some table lamps, knick knacks, different kinds of bedroom sets, etc.

I have been with LDAW since the beginning, purchased all the games alongside many others for Mac/PC.
Now we really are the lesser of the users, and if I am wrong please correct me, but didn't we help get this company off the ground?
Didn't we stay loyal and encourage the company?
We have been here from the beginning, and now are considered an after thought by the designers.
Without a doubt, I am angry about this!
ATTENTION:

Arthur Humphrey
Carla Humphrey
Posted by: spygirl2

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/09/13 03:22 PM

I also hope it is not true that you are more concerned with tablets and phones. I have both and do not like VF2 on them, and I have the best of the best.
But, I love it on PC, and would also love more stuff. Table Lamps, small plants, magazines, knick knacks, figurines, etc would be great to put on dressers, end tables, and even in the hutches that are empty now. I can put toy stuffed animals on the bottom shelf, but that's all. I also would love all my furniture to be able to turn every way. Sometimes I would like each to face to the right, but I only have a choice to face front or left. I would love a regular contempory or traditional dining room set - each piece could be bought separately - but in an oak color or maple or something. The white plain tables and chairs are like cheap kitchen sets and not usable anyway. I would love for the family to have a choice to eat in the dining room if they wanted. Also, how about a jacuzzi, a patio set, a swing set, a smaller additional fireplace that can be added in a smaller area. Being able to buy new colored bedding, change paint in rooms, buy curtains, shower curtains, rocking chairs, an outside play area for pets, pet pigs. I would love to be able to keep the clothes each person has and also be able to buy new clothes so that I could change their clothes every day.
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/09/13 11:03 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'll address this very frankly. It is true, the winds are shifting on casual gaming, away from desktops and onto mobile devices. We (here at LDW) still love playing these games on PC, though, just as many of you do.

We have to chase the insane competition on the iTunes App Store and on Google Play, or run the risk of being literally driven out of business. The revenue that used to support our staff from direct sales at ldw.com is now a tiny fraction of what it used to be. We were really hurting at the end of 2012, and just around last December we were once again saved by sales on mobile.

OK that is the sad truth. The good news is that we are working on a version of VF2 for Desktop for a specific portal (details to come), but the work will very likely cause us to bring the PC/Mac versions up to date with the latest content that mobile just got. The other good news is we are doing better now and have new games in the works. The other other good news is that we still develop the games primarily in an environment that runs on PC, so builds for PC/Mac tend to be very easy for us to generate as a game approaches market-readiness, so without making specific promises, continued PC/Mac support should continue.

There you have it, from the horse's mouth. Things do change, and more often than not I don't like it when things that I like have to change. One thing has not changed and that is that LDW has the BEST fans anywhere. We are thankful every day for all of you.

Arthur
Posted by: Gatsbi

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/10/13 12:09 AM

With the PC operated office, are you going to be including the Windows phones/pads in the future?
Posted by: mwxyz49

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/10/13 12:20 AM

I also would like to see that. Good point. I would like more traditional furniture, etc. It's also way too expensive.
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/10/13 04:24 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Arthur H. I have tried to make the same case on another portal where players are similarly concerned about the shift to games for devices. Unfortunately, I'm just another player and I think the comments from my keyboard don't carry the weight of those from yours, lol. It is nice to have a company that wants to connect with its user base.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/11/13 07:42 PM

I understand that cell phones/android users are where you are making a profit, and that you have to focus on them first. All I want is that you don't completely forget about PC users, that we are eventually able to get the content, too.

The thing that I love about this game is its like having a virtual doll house, that you can decorate and rearrange. If you focus on that aspect of it I believe that you can maximize its profit potential, not just for cell phones but for PC also.

One of the things that I would love to be able to do is to be able to change the color of the walls, or pick the style of the house, and its size. And I would think that if you poll your players that would be one of its major draws. Which is why you could charge for new content.

And speaking of new content when will it be available for the different systems? I was kind of hoping for a date of when to expect it.
Posted by: FadedLily

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/11/13 08:25 PM

I can only add: Well said! grin
Posted by: mappam

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/16/13 03:15 PM

I play on both the PC and my Kindle Fire (Android). Neither have been updated = glad to see this message posted here!

Thanks Arthur!
Posted by: SparkleGeekGirl

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/16/13 03:58 PM

I started with the Android version and then went to the PC version.

What I discovered was that the PC version actually had content that Android did not. It wasn't until I posted a review on Amazon that the Update appeared and the missing content was added. :-)

The only thing I'd like to see is for the PC to get the Lucky Rock, Food delivery, and Medical Discount; and for Android to get the ability to change names ('cause let's face it, some of those names are down right silly!) and the ability to have multiple games.

:-)

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/16/13 06:26 PM

I play on the iPad and Windows PC.

I doubt we'll ever see the ability to make in-game purchases for real money in the PC version. There isn't an equivalent store that will supply the mechanics.

I don't know how difficult it is for LDW to tie in the device's keyboard to the game - other games and apps do it, so it must be possible - so we might see that one day; I know that it's often requested. I suspect the ability to have multiple games might take up too much space/memory for most devices at present - although in years to come, who knows?

To partially offset the items missing from the PC versions, interest is paid at 10% a day, and peeps' incomes are doubled. Still, I'd like to be able to use some of the new stuff in my iOS latest update in my Windows game!
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/16/13 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mappam
I play on both the PC and my Kindle Fire (Android). Neither have been updated = glad to see this message posted here!

Thanks Arthur!

Hi Pam, the Amazon version for Kindle Fire went live on August 8th, as did the Android version for Google Play. Enjoy! smile
Posted by: SparkleGeekGirl

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/16/13 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
I play on the iPad and Windows PC.

I doubt we'll ever see the ability to make in-game purchases for real money in the PC version. There isn't an equivalent store that will supply the mechanics.

I don't know how difficult it is for LDW to tie in the device's keyboard to the game - other games and apps do it, so it must be possible - so we might see that one day; I know that it's often requested. I suspect the ability to have multiple games might take up too much space/memory for most devices at present - although in years to come, who knows?

To partially offset the items missing from the PC versions, interest is paid at 10% a day, and peeps' incomes are doubled. Still, I'd like to be able to use some of the new stuff in my iOS latest update in my Windows game!

That's true, but maybe they could set it up to where they are available in special upgrades and can be purchased the same way as adoption and on-call maid/gardener? Lord knows I'd do it! smile
Posted by: Gatsbi

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/17/13 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie

There are many PC games that have the micro-purchases. Generally, you pay through a PayPal account to obtain credits that you use toward the items.

However, I actually prefer to just have an upfront fee and then get everything. Advertising something as free and then having all the little fees is annoying.
Posted by: Deanne

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/17/13 09:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am so pleased that Arthur has replied to the messages posted on here at least we know that our posts are read and the players/fans are not ignored.
I understand the need to keep up with the new technology so you can compete with other companies and stay in business.
It would be good though if you could give us an estimated date for updates on pcs etc., I noted your news page is rarely updated I check it every day it would be nice to keep us informed more often about progress and other items of interest for your fans.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/17/13 06:18 PM

The Facebook page seems to be updated more frequently - and is more active. Try checking https://www.facebook.com/VirtualFamilies.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/17/13 09:03 PM

I'd just like to note here that every single post on the LDW forums is read by the admins, but there only a very few of us. We do like players to help other players, which is why we might not reply right away to a post. smile

News items are normally posted after something has come out, while as Arnie says directly above, our Facebook page is more used for future announcements. smile
Posted by: Deanne

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/18/13 01:01 PM

Thanks for your reply will have to check out facebook. I rarely use the facebook application but will check out your facebook pages
Posted by: Ptuny

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 08/20/13 10:33 PM

Arthur;
Thank you so much for answering this question for me.
I am not Perplexed any more, nor am I angry.
It works so well for everyone when a person takes time out to explain a situation in a truthful manner.
I am sure that not only myself appreciate this.
Now get back to work as I want new furniture/better clothing choices and a whole bunch of decorative things for my houses!
Sincerely;
~~Kathleen
(AKA Ptuny)
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 01/28/15 02:47 PM

Something crazy, is that Virtual Villagers: Origins has keyboard support. Why not VF2.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 01/29/15 03:38 PM

Oh and I also have found a lot of broken links in the VV1 VV2 VV3 and PT Mod pages and also the original pages. I know how to fix them to get to them but just for people who don't know how to do this
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/157447/page/3#Post157447

Should be this
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=157447#Post157447

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 01/29/15 08:20 PM

Broken links in mods usually mean that the mod was not hosted on our forums, and the person who made the mod has taken it down. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do if that happens.

I'd also like to mention that this thread is solely about the VF2 Content Update. Let's keep posts in this thread related to that, please. smile

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 01/29/15 08:37 PM

Oh I meant ones where the link takes you to the main page like /ubb/showflat instead of ?ubb=showflat I can give you some posts like this if you want me too, you know the ones that need their link fixed.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 01/30/15 12:41 AM

Unfortunately, there are thousands of posts, and just a very very few of us, and it would likely take months of continually fixing these posts, which isn't a very constructive use of our time. It is better spent working on the new games. There is a topic on the forums that shows everyone how to work around these issues.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update - 02/01/15 05:33 AM

If I ever became a LDW forums person who can edit pages. I could do that. Unfortunately, I am only 12 (13 on feb 28th)