Socks!

Posted by: dansmot

Socks! - 07/01/13 12:15 PM

I have two socks both stuck under the office desk, my little peeps try to pick them up and get hindered by the office chair and drop them again. shocked How do I remove these darn socks to the laundry, they're messing up the room!!! confused

Re: Socks! - 07/01/13 12:24 PM

I've managed to get the sock out from under the desk but they're still not picking it up, they move it a short distance then stop and drop it!!

Re: Socks! - 07/01/13 12:48 PM

Now I have lots of socks and they can't be picked up!!!!
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Socks! - 07/01/13 04:18 PM

Hi dansmot! smile This post will help you. smile There's also Section D #2 in Helpful VF2 Windows/Mac Tips & Answers. laugh

Re: Socks! - 07/01/13 04:51 PM

Thanks, but this doesn't help.....I have socks all over the house, there's nothing in the way anymore, I did move some things, and there's a sock in the middle of the bathroom floor with nothing at all in the way of the trip to the washing machine, they pick it up, take half a step and run off to do something else, it's very strange!

Never mind! Seems the dryer was a bit off kilter and therefore caused a obstacle for the washing machine, thanks very much!!
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: Socks! - 07/01/13 09:12 PM

Well, if that ever happens again, then try hiring the maid!
Posted by: ajuma

Re: Socks! - 07/02/13 09:42 AM

I've realized that we don't really need to buy the dryer! As long as the socks go in the washer they count! I put the washer in the first bathroom and I'm using the room off of that for a play room. I may decide to change it later and make it a greenhouse!

Re: Socks! - 07/02/13 09:23 PM

Indoors?!?!?!
Posted by: lanlynk

Re: Socks! - 07/02/13 11:03 PM

Hmm, a nice garden room for reading--a peaceful conservatory.

Re: Socks! - 07/02/13 11:57 PM

Uh huh, and then BAM!!! the kids rush in and knock over some of your greenhouse things then bump into you and drops your book/magazine. Then, you go to the kitchen and find your kid snacking, when you just ate 5 minutes ago!-An angry parent.
Posted by: christina_ne

Re: Socks! - 07/03/13 03:13 AM

This happened to me once and I moved what I thought might be in the way & it didn't help. I ended up moving one thing at a time to find the answer. The problem was, there was an item in the pathway to where I needed to go. Although the item clearly was not blocking anything, the family felt my item was in the way. Once I moved it, the family was able to pick up the socks.

Hope this helps.
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: Socks! - 07/07/13 11:10 PM

Before I got a washer my peeps piled up 34 socks. Now I have a washer, but can't seem to get them to wash them. Anyone else have that problem? I've got it on my Kindle Fire.
smile

Re: Socks! - 07/07/13 11:23 PM

Hello AtarahPern! Have you tried
Click to reveal..
dropping one of your little people on top of the pile of socks in the bathroom? smile

In case you were wondering, there's a separate VF2 forum for Android/Kindle Fire. It's located here.
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: Socks! - 07/08/13 12:46 PM

I had tried that. Maybe I have something too close to the pile. Thanks!
Posted by: spyrogirlkim

Re: Socks! - 08/11/13 01:49 AM

mine is doing this now they wont pick up socks
Posted by: gracetaisie

Re: Socks! - 08/25/13 12:01 AM

I have a huge pile of socks also. Nothing works.

Re: Socks! - 08/25/13 02:58 AM

Have you tried what Xay/Heather suggested in this post? As she stated, "path blocking is the only reason we've found for this behavior." smile VV3 girl123 also shared a solution in this thread. You can read it here. laugh
Posted by: CasiBK

Re: Socks! - 09/25/18 08:25 PM

I had the same issue. But I had put a plant in the laundry room. Once I moved the plant, they started picking up the socks again.