Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers)

Posted by: Princess_Atta

Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 04:46 AM

Are there any choices you've made in the game that you regret? Like events that you've accepted or purchases you probably shouldn't have made?

I'm asking for therapeutic reasons seeing as I just "sold" my brat Blue Ivy to the talent scout for 500 coins. I instantly felt remorseful since she was 12 and would have outgrown her brattiness soon. But she was just a little monster. I couldn't turn around without her banging dishes or tearing books or writing on the wall and just basically disrupting her parents from their work constantly. No amount of punishing or reinforcing positive behavior did the trick and in a moment of frustration I sent her packing like the evil person I am...but again, not without now feeling bad for doing so. I guess it could be worse. I could have sent her to boarding school or something. At least now maybe she'll be famous.

So anyone else have similar experiences or regrets?
Posted by: GirlOnFire26

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 05:36 AM

So far I haven't. I'm playing a few games on the side a little differently than I am playing my main game. I've got a second going and they're not going to buy anything until they have a enough money for all career room upgrades and all the home renovations. My 3rd games is a single woman that only adopted kids and never marries. Each generation will do the same. Adopting as many kids as possible without ever accepting a marriage proposal. This way I can play a lot of different ways without having a lot of regrets. Lol!

I have 'sold' a couple of kids early in the game (my 1st game) but only because I needed the money. I was a little sad about it later when I realized he was the youngest.

But don't feel bad. Maybe she'll get a great job and be the one to inherit the house. wink

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 06:11 AM

That's a good point about playing all the games differently and taking different routes. I am playing mine differently too (and was actually considering starting another game with the adoption route since I did that in the first VF but it was riskier since adoption wasn't a guarantee). So, really, I guess I shouldn't feel too bad since it's all part of the experimental aspect.

I also "sold" one of her ancestors in the first or second generation. But that was an accident more than frustration, if I recall correctly.

With a name like Blue Ivy (because she has blue hair), she'll have a career of some sorts I'm sure :P
Posted by: arnie

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 08:41 AM

My peeps had failed to produce a sixth baby after several times trying so I decided to try a doctor's visit in case there was something wrong. Both peeps checked out fine with no mention of any need for Baby Boost, so I did rather regret spending the near 1,000 coins. However, they almost immediately got an email to say that they'd overpaid their taxes by ~12,000 coins so I wasn't unhappy for long! smile
Posted by: ajuma

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 02:17 PM

I sometimes regret either the peep I choose to inherit or the spouse I chose. I had Rainbow Girl one generation and for some reason clicked on her adopted sister to inherit.

Now and then I've rushed to choose a spouse and wished that I'd waited. Maybe I'll turn one of my families into a single parent household unless I get the "Under $150" or "Perfect Match" trophy since we have the adoption option in VF2.
Posted by: Corylea

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 04:27 PM

I always feel sorry for the kids who are selling baked goods door-to-door, so I usually buy them. I regretted that after I had to buy stomach medicine for the person who bought them.... wink
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/20/13 09:48 PM

I think my biggest regret so far has been selling the children's I'd bought on sale after buying another one that wasn't on sale... or just buying that extra bed at all. I was hoping they would have another kid, but no luck yet...
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/21/13 08:27 PM

Mine...
Click to reveal..
Buying the anti-spam software in the Flea Market

Huh. I liked getting weird-but-exciting emails. frown
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/22/13 10:50 PM

My only regret on that one was that it didn't remove the Fakebook messages. Can I get my little people to delete their accounts on that site? smirk
It increases the chances of getting emails that give you money, at least.
Posted by: Omochao

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 03:38 PM

I had 600 coins and bought 6 lotto tickets and THEY WERE LOSER TICKETS!!!!
cry cry mad

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Omochao
cry cry mad

Your signature has something to say about this situation. laugh

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 06:26 PM

LOL! grin

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Originally Posted By: Omochao
cry cry mad

Your signature has something to say about this situation. laugh

Yeah. Heh. grin

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 08:36 PM

I just got a nasty reminder of why it's important to read every single event clearly. I just got the event asking if my peep wanted to advance his career for 250 coins. For some reason *cough not reading clearly cough* I thought it was the career CHANGE counselor event and I said no. I felt instant remorse as it gave me the "Maybe if Fredrick got a promotion he would be able to pay 250 coins" message. Sigh. Not only does Fredrick have plenty of coins (almost 100,000) he's also a Level 7 and it would have bumped him up to Level 8.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/23/13 11:30 PM

During the early stages of the game, I choose a spouse that didn't care much for running!! A lightbulb should have triggered my brain... but it didn't... crazy When I saw her move at a snails pace, I thought she was sick.. shocked Surprise.. surprise...
Posted by: Thandi

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/24/13 05:34 AM

I've had two regrets:

The first one also involved a troublesome child. She was 18 actually. She never touched a book. Ever. When I noticed she was 18, I tried harder to get her to study but she always refused. I guess its my fault for not taking her to the homework desk when she was younger and praising her for it. Anyway it ended badly, I eventually lost all patience and used the red glove on her when she decided she would rather take an insect outside. She ran away and instead of coming back like everyone else, I got a note that she went to college. So I haven't seen her in 20 virtual years. It is not how I wanted to say goodbye, she would have gone to college anyway, but I feel she left because I got angry at her. The least I could do is let her inherit the house, I guess. That is in vf1 which I play simultaneously with vf2.

The second regret was sending away my vf2's family's only two kids to boarding school. I wanted them to get the best education, but not at the price of never seeing your parents again. Their parents adored them. The dad would read them stories at night, and they kept calling them for meals for an hour or so after they had left. I felt so bad, they were a complete and happy family. I still have the parents, they are my first so I play to go through the journey with them, and not to use them as experiments.
Posted by: ajuma

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/24/13 10:11 AM

Thandi, could you let us know if sending them away to school increases their level in the next generation? Inquiring minds want to know!

Don't feel bad for scolding your peep! At 18, they go off to college anyway and she's probably forgotten all about it! smile I just hate it when they're making dinner and decide to go off to college! Couldn't they finish making the meal FIRST??? frown

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/24/13 06:42 PM

I thought they went to college at 19? confused

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/24/13 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: swedane
During the early stages of the game, I choose a spouse that didn't care much for running!!

That's happened to me twice, Swedane! On one of these, I just bought the thing that makes them overcome a dislike, but the other I just left alone. Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/24/13 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Corylea
I thought they went to college at 19? confused

It's possible it was really just very coincidentally timed with the kid turning 19. But yeah, they do go at 19.

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle

I laughed a little harder than I probably should have. The whistle smiley just gets me every single time.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/25/13 11:36 AM

That's happened to me twice, Swedane! On one of these, I just bought the thing that makes them overcome a dislike, but the other I just left alone. Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle
You naughty girl.. smirk
I just adopted a boy that's not only slow and looks like an owl, but he's constantly sick. I'll keep you oops in mind when I check on him next!

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/25/13 02:10 PM

I just adopted a boy that's not only slow and looks like an owl, but he's constantly sick. I'll keep you oops in mind when I check on him next!

You should give him a doctors consultation and see if he needs any advanced medication. (Medicine like penicillin) Maybe he has a grave illness! shocked

Click to reveal..
Does the Anti-Spam-Software erase the fakebook messages?

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/25/13 03:30 PM

No. They still come through, unfortunately.

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 05/25/13 04:24 PM

That stinks. Well, at least they remove those annoying
Click to reveal..
Ladies like men with a big brain
e-mails mad

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/07/13 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ajuma
Thandi, could you let us know if sending them away to school increases their level in the next generation? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry, I've only seen this now.

Please can someone show me how to hide a spoiler, or post the link for it. I feel very stupid not being able to find it frown

I guess I can't reply without it either.

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/07/13 06:06 PM

Write the message in a full reply box (not the Quick reply) and highlight the part you want to hide. Then click the button on the toolbar above the message box.
Click to reveal..
All done!

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/07/13 07:17 PM

Thank you laugh

I don't know if boarding school works or not it could all just be a coincidence, but one time experience with it
Click to reveal..

I got a mom that wasn't maternal. She got unlucky because she didn't want children, yet got triplets the first time. The bottom bar usually read "being disrupted" when the kids were about. But that could just be her. Maybe I judged her because she wore a scowl on her face.

Career wise I called her " my little money maker" smile She was an online poker player- I don't remember what career her sister had. At one point she was earning a little above 500 coins a day. But then it dropped to 200 the next level. I don't know if it was a glitch, or if it was her roller coaster job. With her around, I managed to comfortably save 10 000 coins for the next generation (without manipulating time), so her kids were all set smile

If anyone else has sent kids to boarding school please share your experience, I'm curious myself of how other people found it. I'll create a topic.

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/07/13 08:35 PM

\You naughty girl.. smirk

Sorry. wink

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/08/13 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Thandi
I don't know if boarding school works or not it could all just be a coincidence, but one time experience with it
Click to reveal..

I got a mom that wasn't maternal. She got unlucky because she didn't want children, yet got triplets the first time. The bottom bar usually read "being disrupted" when the kids were about. But that could just be her. Maybe I judged her because she wore a scowl on her face.

Career wise I called her " my little money maker" smile She was an online poker player- I don't remember what career her sister had. At one point she was earning a little above 500 coins a day. But then it dropped to 200 the next level. I don't know if it was a glitch, or if it was her roller coaster job. With her around, I managed to comfortably save 10 000 coins for the next generation (without manipulating time), so her kids were all set smile

That profession is a risky one, so there are fluctuations built-in to the money they're paid. They sometimes get paid less if they go up a level. Another career like that is
Click to reveal..
Day Trader.

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/08/13 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle

I laughed a little harder than I probably should have. The whistle smiley just gets me every single time.

Ha Ha, it's ok.

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/08/13 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie

That profession is a risky one, so there are fluctuations built-in to the money they're paid. They sometimes get paid less if they go up a level. Another career like that is
Click to reveal..
Day Trader.

Good to know,
Click to reveal..
so boarding school does nothing but waste coins then? smile
I would take that profession again to save money. My current family has 1300 in the bank after days of work and only the first room renovated (they can't afford the green bedroom yet). One is a cake decorater and the other a truffle critic, on the bright side, they are happy laugh
Posted by: mappam

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/08/13 06:59 PM

On one of my PC games I choose the wrong triplet as the heir. One of his brothers made 280 while he made 40.... next time I will double check.

I also want to start a single parent family. I have 4 games all 2nd gen) going so I have one spot left for an
experiment family".

I also have the Kindle Android version and wish I could have more than one family AND change their names LOL

GREAT GAME!!

Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) - 06/08/13 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: mappam
I also want to start a single parent family. I have 4 games all 2nd gen) going so I have one spot left for an
experiment family".

Ok, if you want an experiment family with a single parent here's what happens:
Click to reveal..
One time my person never got a marrige request. I adopted two kids. It was fine. Nothing bad happened. It just looks kinda weird on the family tree. wink