Updated game - 4/23/13

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/23/13 04:26 PM

We have an updated version of the game that provides some bug fixes. We have also changed how we handle the free trial and full versions, so please read on to avoid any unpleasant surprises!

The free trial is no longer limited to one hour of play. Instead, you may play the entire first generation, although only one child is allowed. Once you reach the end of the first generation, you will not be able to proceed to the next generation until you purchase the full version of the game. If you're not ready to purchase the full version, you can pause your game until you're ready to continue it, and your family will be preserved, safe from the passage of time. Once the full version is purchased and installed, it will allow you to continue the family you started with the free trial. You can download the free trial from our Virtual Families 2 page. Make sure that you select the correct tab for the version you need. laugh

The Windows version is no longer an activation of the free trial. Instead, a full version is delivered to you at the time of purchase, the same as the Mac version has always been. If you want to get the update we just released (Windows or Mac), you will need to sumit a Help Desk ticket, so that Heather can reactivate your download link. You will receive an email with your personal download link for the updated version, which you can install right over your previous key-activated game. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased the game from another game site, you should obtain the update from them. Other game distributors use their own activation methods or download managers, and they are not compatible with our versions of the games we make.

We realize that this is not as convenient in some ways as the activation key method, but it is a lot more reliable, and we hope it's going to work out better.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/23/13 04:43 PM

If you already have a support ticket where I've replied to you and said we're hoping to have a solution soon, please don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, I'll be sending you instructions ASAP!
Posted by: arnie

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/23/13 08:14 PM

Thanks for that. Although I only wanted to update because of the bug fixes, not because I was having problems with the game, I sent off a support ticket and twenty minutes later I got an email back from Heather plus the link to the new version from Plimus. Now that's what I call service! Congratulations, LDW! The game is installed and (seems) to be running OK. laugh
Posted by: Corylea

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/23/13 08:49 PM

Thanks for the update! Like Arnie, I got mine in just a few minutes, and it installed quickly and easily.

Could you provide a list of what bugs have been fixed? Thanks!
Posted by: LadyKnight

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/24/13 12:23 AM

I recently purchased via Bigfish...is there an update somewhere I need to install?
Posted by: Erin333

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/24/13 04:55 AM

Thanks for quick response for updated game link..
Quick easy install..Is it best to start new family?..

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/24/13 05:09 AM

It's your choice, Erin. smile If you'd like to keep your family, we've seen no indication that there's a problem with that. smile
Posted by: Zia

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/24/13 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Thanks for that. Although I only wanted to update because of the bug fixes, not because I was having problems with the game, ...

So does that mean when we update, we won't lose our current families?

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/24/13 08:26 PM

That is correct, Zia. We've seen no indication that there's a problem with keeping your current families if you purchased the game directly from us. smile
Posted by: AlicelovesVV

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/25/13 10:22 AM

So I downloaded the demo to update my game. (bought from ldw) and now my game is in demo mode, but I have paid for the full game! How can I get back to full game mode?

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/25/13 12:46 PM

Read the first post in this thread, from LadyCFII, Alice.

You'll need to submit a support ticket to get a link to the full version.
Posted by: candypanda57

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/25/13 11:28 PM

I am also curious as to when the update for the game will be available from Big Fish. Can you tell me what "bugs" it fixes so I can decide if I really need to update the game. I really haven't noticed any problems with my game. I don't want to lose any of my progress so far.
Posted by: Corylea

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/25/13 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: candypanda57
I don't want to lose any of my progress so far.

Those of us who've updated the game are playing with our families from before the update and have noticed no problems. Updating won't make you lose your progress!
Posted by: candypanda57

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/26/13 12:58 AM

Thanks Corylea, it's good to know I won't lose all my progress.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/26/13 02:40 AM

We can't say exactly when other game sites, such as Big Fish Games, will have the updates available for download, but they will get them. We always make them available on our site as soon as they're ready for people who purchase the game from us, but other game sites go through additional steps before they offer them.

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 04/26/13 08:51 AM

Can you tell me what "bugs" it fixes so I can decide if I really need to update the game.
The only one I know about for sure is the issue with moving about the map using the numerical keyboard. There may be other fixes but if there are any more they're not immediately apparent.
Posted by: Darien

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 05/09/13 12:53 PM

I am also curious as to when the update for the game will be available from Big Fish. Can you tell me what "bugs" it fixes so I can decide if I really need to update the game. I really haven't noticed any problems with my game. I don't want to lose any of my progress so far.

The only thing I'm seeing from bigfish so far is stuff like "adjust your settings" and/or "update your video card", that sort of thing. Unless the update is somewhere I can't find it (if it even exists over there yet) so far all I'm seeing is bigfish telling me there's more of a problem with my computer than the actual game.

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 05/09/13 03:40 PM

Darien,

I'm not surprised. Bigfish is useless at after-sales support. After originally buying VV1 there I found these forums and have got every other LDW game from here. The games might be more expensive, but you can count on getting good support, either from other forum members or from LDW themselves.
Posted by: Dollyann

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 05/15/13 08:41 PM

I have purchased the full version of VF2 but am told that I can only have more children in the FULL version. Please can you tell me what is wrong?

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 05/15/13 10:02 PM

Dolly, you need to download the full version that was sent to you after purchase. I already replied to your support ticket, and re-activated your download link. smile
Posted by: Dollyann

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 05/17/13 01:30 PM

Thanks Heather I finally worked it out and have been playing for a couple of days now. I'm busy reading all the tips on here. The responses to queries is really good on here
Posted by: pongpong

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 08/09/15 07:16 AM

i wish there is a virtual families 3

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 08/10/15 03:21 AM

Pongpong, this thread might interest you. smile
Posted by: Flizia

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 02/04/17 04:54 PM

Hi, where I can download texture packs for VF2?
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 - 02/05/17 01:33 PM

if you meant the mods
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=82&page=1 this should help you.