Alternate Room Fixing?

Posted by: Undine

Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 02:32 AM

So, a box just popped up and said that there might be other ways to fix some of the rooms. Has anyone found any?
Posted by: Jami

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 02:45 PM

Not me. I've tried putting them into the room and then on the workbench. Tried buying more tools. So far nothing. And the repair costs are way too high.

I hope someone answers soon.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 02:47 PM

The same happens in the iOS version as well. I've not seen anyone report that they've found any other ways, here or on the Facebook page.

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 03:16 PM

I googled it.

Click to reveal..
removed incorrect information
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 04:41 PM

I'm afraid that information is incorrect, Jami.

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 05:36 PM

Okay, then how do we do it? Because that's the information people are spreading on Google.
Posted by: Undine

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 07:43 PM

I agree. I've tried multiple things, but they've all come up goose egg. At least give us a hint that isn't "there may be alternate ways to fix a room"
Posted by: swedane

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/20/13 09:10 PM

Fortunately, not everything you see or read online is true! The game is not for people who's looking for instant gratification. Like undine said;
Originally Posted By: Undine
I've tried multiple things, but they've all come up goose egg.

You'll be hard pressed finding an alternate way of fixing the rooms.

The peps in VF-2 respond beautifully, so go and play with 'em!
Happy gaming!
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/21/13 12:41 AM

Since I don't know how much could be a spoiler, I'm just going to put everything under the spoiler tag. This was for the contaminated room:

Click to reveal..
I just logged on to a family and I got a pop up (I was doing something else, so didn't think to get a screenie of it) from the EPA about my contaminated room (the green room). I got the option to tell them about it or lie. I told them. Result was, they gave me 25% off of fixing the room and workers came and cleaned the room.

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/21/13 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: swedane
Fortunately, not everything you see or read online is true!

But normally on game tip websites the information is true.
Posted by: Princess_Atta

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/21/13 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: CherryDrops
Since I don't know how much could be a spoiler, I'm just going to put everything under the spoiler tag. This was for the contaminated room:

Click to reveal..
I just logged on to a family and I got a pop up (I was doing something else, so didn't think to get a screenie of it) from the EPA about my contaminated room (the green room). I got the option to tell them about it or lie. I told them. Result was, they gave me 25% off of fixing the room and workers came and cleaned the room.

Lucky! I got the same event and told them and I got fined and given free rash cream because several of my peeps got itchy.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/21/13 04:03 AM

Those are actually
Click to reveal..
two different events. smile
Posted by: arnie

Re: Alternate Room Fixing? - 04/21/13 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: CherryDrops

Click to reveal..

I've had that a couple of times in iOS and once in Windows.
Click to reveal..
Each time I told them and got a free tube of cortisone cream, although that was nothing special since I had to buy more tubes for the rest of the family!
Posted by: LadyKnight

Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 04/24/13 01:11 AM

I agree in the respect that IF there is an alternate way of fixing rooms...and porch...I, for one, could use a hint!

If there is another way to build certain rooms please someone let me know! Also, if there are other "secret" things to be found or accomplished...now would be a good time to make them known to keep game from becoming boring.Is it...or will it ever be, possible to change wallpapering, flooring, etc?

Anyone?

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 05/02/13 04:50 PM

Anyone find any information yet? Because unless I hit it big in the lotto I'm not going to get anymore work done. My people are just too lazy.
Posted by: Omochao

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 05/23/13 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Jami
Anyone find any information yet? Because unless I hit it big in the lotto I'm not going to get anymore work done. My people are just too lazy.

I know! They NEVER work!
Posted by: Erin333

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 05/23/13 09:44 PM

Depends on how much reward training you do initially...
Mine (touch wood) have all been hard workers but then I run a tight ship..
Especially on the first generation peeps, they work till they drop..;)
I have had only one lazy bloke...but eventually got him to dance right..
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 04/27/15 09:21 PM

This is very interesting. I like to figure out how it works. So, I've started a new family. Until now no room is restored. The poor must sleep in the office...

At first there was the report to the EPA ... okay, I've got one cortisone cream and had to buy another frown

I'm curious what happened next smile
Posted by: AriaSparkle

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 04/27/15 10:21 PM

I have found a way to earn money fast, and my peeps have over a million coins.

Click to reveal..
I drag the adults to their workplace and just start praising them. When they run away, I drag them back and praise them 3 times again. I make sure to do this 10 times. After you've had them run away 10 times, drag them back to their workplace one more time, and praise them twice. This way, you can get your peeps to earn money quickly, and you can promote then to master by the age of 35. it might take a few generations to get enough to renovate all the rooms, but you'll have them renovated soon enough. wink

Enjoy earning money and renovating the rooms! smile
Posted by: Magesteff

Re: Alternate ways of room renovation???? And more - 11/07/15 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: AriaSparkle
I have found a way to earn money fast, and my peeps have over a million coins.

Click to reveal..
I drag the adults to their workplace and just start praising them. When they run away, I drag them back and praise them 3 times again. I make sure to do this 10 times. After you've had them run away 10 times, drag them back to their workplace one more time, and praise them twice. This way, you can get your peeps to earn money quickly, and you can promote then to master by the age of 35. it might take a few generations to get enough to renovate all the rooms, but you'll have them renovated soon enough. wink

Enjoy earning money and renovating the rooms! smile

Yes that is the best way. However:
Click to reveal..
praising with the green hand too much makes them run away. It is best to use things like candy or fruit from the Flea market.