Please read if you have trouble with VF2!

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 12:49 AM

Hello, everyone! We have been hard at work fixing the issues you were experiencing with downloads and activation last night and today. I want to let you all know that we have uploaded a new Windows setup file that fixes the issues with activation codes/security codes and contains a configuration file, in case you need to manually change display modes. If you are experiencing these errors, please download VF2 again from the Try Now button on our main LDW site VF2 page, and use that to install the game.

We have also uploaded an updated Mac build that fixes some issues that were reported to us. If you're having issues with your Mac game, please submit a Support Ticket at our Help Desk to obtain that updated version.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked through these problems!
Posted by: Mayfly

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 02:03 AM

I downloaded tonights version of the PC "Try It", with the same activation code errors. To ensure I was using the lastest version, I
* Removed the setup.exe from 4/16
* uninstalled VF2 files and folders from 4/16
* ran the setup file downloaded 4/17.

I have Vista and McAfee - My download still says the file is unsigned. I bypass this error by selecting the option to run anyway.

After all the files are extracted and given the option to start VF2 still get error.
"The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. Select Yes to enter a new key, or No to revert to the default setting (if any)."

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 02:10 AM

We're sorry that you're still having the problems. I have personally tested the update (downloaded from the Try Now link), and it does correct the problem with the security key errors. However, depending upon where you live, it can take several hours (even overnight) for the updated version to propagate to all of the cloud servers. You might want to give it some more time and try the download again.

All of our games are "unsigned," and Microsoft and 3rd party security software will issue various warnings about software that is not digitally signed. We have personally checked all of our uploads, and they are safe to download.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 02:14 AM

I also live in Colorado. Will I use a different Cloud Server than you?

I have faith that LDW would NEVER send me a file containing a problem. I have read a couple of posts about the security error and thought I would mention the by pass.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 03:12 AM

It's possible that your download came from a different server, depending upon where in Colorado you live and which ISP you're connected to. We have seen these delays after launch before, and it's frustrating for everyone. shocked

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 12:44 PM

Bad news. Still receiving the activation error from file downloaded 4/18.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 01:19 PM

I will set up a temporary download link for you and provide it in your support ticket. You should see an email soon. Please delete any setup files for VF2 that are on your computer before downloading the updated file.
Posted by: simsaoefreak

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 01:36 PM

I encounter the same error message. Here is what I did to activate my game. when it says do you want to enter a new code key click yes and enter your keycode from the email LDW sent you. Try it and let me know if it worked.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 03:47 PM

We appreciate your help, simsao, but she hasn't purchased the game yet, so she doesn't have an activation code to use. smile
Posted by: Princess_Atta

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 08:30 PM

I live in Indiana and ISP is Xfinity. I've tried multiple times every few hours (minus when I was asleep of course) since speaking with Heather last night about the possible Cloud delays. I'm still getting the activation key error and it is still reading as Build 2.1.1.1 when I go to set up (I've deleted every previous set up file and such each time). Is it possible for it to be delayed this long?

I'm going to buy it a little later this evening since I know I will love the game regardless of the hour trial and since system requirements aren't an issue. But I just wanted to give the heads up that some of us are still experiencing difficulties.

Thanks for all of the hard work. I people don't get frustrated. These things happen. I for one understand smile

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 08:39 PM

We are still investigating why some people are still unable to get past the security conflict. It might help if I knew which version of Windows you are using, so that I can try to do some testing on that specific version.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 08:43 PM

I'm running Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64-bit. If there's any other information I could give to help, just let me know.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 09:12 PM

Thank you. I'll let you know if I need anything else. I'm also looking at this issue for another customer who is using Windows Vista Service Pack 2.
Posted by: terik51

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 10:13 PM

my game wont play at all. well it loads up to the oh look a big broken house. then no more. i have unjnstalled 3x now n still wont play. it seems no one can help. please someone help. my name is teresa..teri..

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 10:27 PM

Teresa, someone else reported this issue in another thread here: http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=232977#Post232977.

Basically, their Display settings were making it so they couldn't see the "Start" button. Might be the same for you?
Posted by: terik51

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 10:35 PM

how do or to what do i change them. lol i bet thats it

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 10:45 PM

Teri, I have replied to your support ticket several times, however, this post should help you.
Posted by: kjc51

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/18/13 10:46 PM

Ok, Heather, I attempted to download again and here is exactly what I am getting. "Virtualfamilies2setup.eve is not commonly downloads and could harm your computer. delete/action/view downloads.
If I select "run anyway" from "Action", here is what I get;

Key required: The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. Select "Yes" to enter a new key or "no" to revert to the default setting, (if any).

I am running Vista and am just trying to use the trail of this game. Help!!!!
Posted by: CJJodoin

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/22/13 02:27 PM

For those using the number keys for movement, is anyone having issues with certain keys taking you in unexpected directions?

Found a similar post with reply under the technical issues forum. Thanks!

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/22/13 03:29 PM

Kjc, we are investigating this issue and are hoping to having a new trial version of the game that will not give you that error very very soon. Please note that we do have a work around if you purchase the game from us.
Posted by: moonraker

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 11:44 AM

I’ve just bought Virtual Families 2 and would like to know where I can download the game and get my registration code. (Order 47041573)

Add: Bought using my new email address, forum email now up to date.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 12:59 PM

You should have received an email from Plimus with a link to to download the game. Registration codes are no longer used. See the post at http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233323#Post233323 for more details.

If you can't see that an email has been received, check your spam folder.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 01:41 PM

I got an email from Plimus with two links;one for customer service inquiry and one for 'request product support, see your order information online" etc.
Also says "We have received and processed your order" but nowhere does it mention where to download.

If I download the free trial will it be changed to a full version later?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 01:57 PM

I suggest you open a support ticket with LDW.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 02:21 PM

Moonraker, the email you're describing is the purchase receipt that Plimus sends you, with a subject line containing "Receipt for your Payment" and your purchase reference number. You should have received a second email from support@ldw.com with a subject line containing Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House, the version you purchased (Windows or Mac) and Full Version Order Information. If you don't see that second email, please check your spam folder, since spam filters often catch those emails.

You can do as arnie mentioned and open a Support Ticket and Heather will supply you with the information you need. You can also obtain the information contained in the confirmation email by using the procedures I explained in this post. You will find the download link for the full version there.

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 04/24/13 07:32 PM

All sorted thanks to Heather; working perfectly.
Posted by: shhhonda

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 05/01/13 03:36 PM

I purchased the game yesterday and started to play the game, and when it came time to have a second child this morning, it told me to get the full version. I opened my email and went to the plimus download link and it says "This product is no longer available for download, this may be due to the maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded or the allotted time.
Please contact the manufacturer of the product for support. " I never received and activation code, either. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! - 05/01/13 09:41 PM

Hi shhhonda. It sounds like your download link expired. If you fill out a Support Ticket here, I'm sure Xay will be able to help you. smile