Aging Glitch and Question

Posted by: WinterRose

Aging Glitch and Question - 12/16/12 12:46 AM

Glitch: So my family of four adopted a kid, and within one day the child as aged from 7 to 9, however the rest of my family hasn't aged at all! Any idea why?

Question: I've heard its around 4 hours our time for them to age one year. But do they only age after 4 hours of in-game time that you're actively playing. Or just 4 hours even when the app is off?

Thanks! smile
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/16/12 06:12 AM

Hi WinterRose. smile The answer to your 2nd question is that the little people age the same game off as they do game on, 1 year approximately every 4 hours (after the age of 2).

As to why your other 4 family members are not aging, I could really use more information. Were your family members aging normally when you first started the game? When did you notice they'd stopped aging? Could something have happened that changed the clock settings on your device?

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/17/12 02:44 PM

Yes actually the date was changed around! I never knew that was the problem though (I thought they only aged after 4 hours of in game play) until they adopted.

Woo! I'm glad they age 4 hours all the time. So their aging kid just went off to college. When can I transfer the house over to him? Since the rest of the family is probably going to stay time frozen. frown
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/17/12 07:11 PM

Unfortunately, a new generation (transferring the house to a child) cannot happen until after 1 or both parents has passed. frown

You may want to let it play and see if it sorts itself out, (we have seen games that started aging people as normal once the clock has time to resolve itself) or you can delete the game and start over [but read the comment below before you do].
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/17/12 08:18 PM

You should be aware, though, that if you delete the game and start over, you will lose In-App purchases that you might have made. If you have spent any money on coins, you should not delete the game, since you will lose those purchases.

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/18/12 12:13 AM

Thanks everyone! I didn't purchase anything with real money thankfully. I evicted my currently family and started over. smile it was nice because I got to keep the upgrades I had did on the house.
Posted by: Sarahswati

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/18/12 09:15 PM

Does deleting the game also remove game data? (your family, i.e.)
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/18/12 10:25 PM

Yes, it does. It removes/deletes everything, as noted by LadyCFII above.
Posted by: Sarahswati

Re: Aging Glitch and Question - 12/19/12 12:19 AM

She just said in-app purchases, but thank you. smile