Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge

Posted by: Scully

Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge - 02/03/11 07:10 PM

I have tried EIGHT TIMES to get a villager to beat the Master Builder at her own game. EIGHT TIMES the villager has started the challenge, then dashed off to fix a hut. EIGHT TIMES I have wasted all those energy points trying to get this challenge finished. (And on one of those occasions, I lost a villager completely...she simply vanished when I shut off the game in disgust, and I haven't seen her again since. I posted about this in the Technical Issues section...now that is a definite bug if I ever saw one.)

Why are my villagers refusing to stay on task? They're Master Builders, I have that skill checked, they aren't afraid of wood, etc. It's bad enough that the kids won't stay in the nursery more than a few seconds, but this is ridiculous.
Posted by: gamelover911

Re: Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge - 02/03/11 07:13 PM

Have you used time warp on the master builder I tried the same thing and it didnt work until then
Posted by: Scully

Re: Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge - 02/03/11 11:40 PM

No...my understanding was that you had to use it on the Villager.

I've played this game many times already, even though I really hate the fact that you MUST have a population explosion in order to get things done. I prefer going with a small community so that I can interact with each one. And I like seeing how high I can push each one's skills. Too many running around is impossible to keep track of...so I lose interest, delete it, and then start another game. I'm never going to get all of the trophies........

One other time, I had a Villager ONCE run off while doing the challenge. This time it took me a grand total of ELEVEN tries before finally someone stuck around to finish the job. It was infuriating!
Posted by: VVCX

Re: Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge - 02/05/11 04:41 PM

I guess that who ran away disliked work.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Major Problem with Master Builder Challenge - 02/05/11 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Scully
No...my understanding was that you had to use it on the Villager.
To beat the Heathen Builder:
Click to reveal..
Before starting the build off, you need to use the TIME WARP on your master builder.

Originally Posted By: Scully
One other time, I had a Villager ONCE run off while doing the challenge. This time it took me a grand total of ELEVEN tries before finally someone stuck around to finish the job. It was infuriating!
Pause the game when you see the builder take off, put him/her back on the task. I've only played and completed the game twice, but never had the problems you describe.