The filthy encampment

Posted by: Masquerade

The filthy encampment - 01/14/11 01:49 AM

Click to reveal..
So, I converted all the heathens, including the yellow and red masks, and the Rascal. I've read that the mud hut or filthy encampment is either rebuilt or transformed. How? Am I supposed to use a god power, or do the villagers fix it up? Under what conditions? I've looked around, but I couldn't find any answers. I'd really like to know please.

Posted by: goffam05

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/14/11 02:11 AM

Click to reveal..
Drop your builders on the mud hut. This should work if they don't automatically go and start working on it.

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/14/11 07:09 AM

I just finished the game again, and when I reached the last heathen being converted

Click to reveal..
Everyone ran to fix up the mud house automatically. It was swamped with peeps. I didn't have to do anything buy watch. Hope yours worked in the end...

Posted by: emri

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/14/11 05:35 PM

Click to reveal..
How do you know if the mud hut is fixed?Some of the villagers were fixing it,and quit.I dont know if it is finished.

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/14/11 10:03 PM

You can tell because

Click to reveal..
it is covered in flowers, and the grass is grown back with wildflowers. Try dropping some builders on it to see if they complete it if you didn't see this.

Posted by: emri

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/15/11 12:10 AM

Thank you goffamo05
Posted by: Whimsey

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/17/11 10:55 PM

Is there a trick to it? I've dropped several villagers onto it, including an elder, fully trained. They just ignore it. I'd realy like to clean that spot up, since I first started playing.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/17/11 11:49 PM

Have you converted all of the heathens? Blue, yellow, and red-masked?

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/18/11 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Have you converted all of the heathens? Blue, yellow, and red-masked?

Yes, all the heathens are converted, all the puzzles done, and I still have all the powers.
Posted by: VVCX

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/18/11 02:29 AM

Click to reveal..
My villagers (1 farmer and 1 builder or 2 farmers) automatically re-decorated it after last heathen had been converted (although due Island Events there's been 2 heathens after that).

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/18/11 05:29 PM

Since writing, I've dropped many villagers, of all skills, onto the encampment. No results at all. Is there a special spot to put them on? I've tried the mud hut, the dead fire pit, all around the edge...everywhere. Does everybody but me get a flower garden? eek
Posted by: VVCX

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 02:40 AM

Your villagers should automatically goto decorate it so sounds like a bug.
Posted by: Fabala

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 03:00 AM

I can't get my encampment cleaned up either. The game is finished, I got almost all the trophies, eveyone is converted, but nobody sees the encampment anymore and walk off if I drop them on it.
Posted by: SykoSofie

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 03:04 AM

Click to reveal..
I thought it was quite humorous that their idea of fixing up the mud hut was to put flowers on it. I mean, you can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig... laugh laugh laugh I think they should have kicked it down, made a bunch of dust clouds and such, and then built a nice hut over it.

Posted by: toxxikk

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 03:51 AM

I must have the same bug then because my game is completely finished too except for this hut. I also feel like I have tried everything. =/
Posted by: kjistaken

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 04:41 AM

how do I convert the yellow and red heathens
Posted by: aoltweety

Re: The filthy encampment - 01/19/11 06:47 PM

I have two games in one after I converted everyone
Click to reveal..
I had three children in blue masks show up after "being lost". when I converted them then my villagers cleaned up the mud hut.

But, in my other tribe nothing has happened and it's a older tribe with everyone converted like three days longer.

Click to reveal..
earthquke will give light above them u just have to do it over and over till they slowly change. You need to wait though till the light goes off to redo it or it's just a waste. So it takes a few days.

Posted by: Cyborg

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/19/11 08:37 PM

I don't get it I can't get any of my villagers to fix the encampment. I try dropping them on it to fix it but they just stand there and do nothing. Can only master builders fix it or does there have to be a mix of skills. PLEASE HELP ME
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/19/11 08:52 PM

As far as I know,
Click to reveal..
no particular skills are necessary. It's always happened automatically in all of my games once the last heathen has been converted: Villagers run over to the encampment and 'transform' it. Just takes them a few moments (not minutes), you will not see any scaffolding or % completed. I have attached an image below.

Other players have said they've had to drop a villager on the mud hut once the last heathen has been converted to get the process going. I've never had to do that. I am on a iMac running OS X 10.4.11

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/19/11 10:26 PM

But my villgers only walk through it to get to the lake they never stop to fix it or anything. Could this be a glitch? Also how did you get the huts to look like that?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/19/11 10:32 PM

Cyborg, did you install the update (1.00.01)? MissKathy's huts are a product of a modification (a.k.a mod).

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/19/11 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Cyborg
But my villgers only walk through it to get to the lake they never stop to fix it or anything. Could this be a glitch? Also how did you get the huts to look like that?
You can download the huts from the VV3 Mods section here.

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 12:11 AM

How do I download it I don't see anything that says download.
Posted by: BlueRiverWynn

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 12:28 AM

I would like to know how to modify the huts also. I have tried before, but could never figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by: BlueRiverWynn

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 12:30 AM

When and which villagers? I have tried and absolutely nothing happens. I don't even see any villager comments (like xx sees what might be a hut, or xx sees the science...)

Odd that it is not even mentioned in the guide.

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 12:38 AM

Hmm you're right it doesn't talk about the encampment in the guide.

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 01:07 AM

@Cyborg and BlueRiverWynn: I posted the answer to your question here, as it doesn't have anything to do with the 'filthy encampment'. smile

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Cyborg
Hmm you're right it doesn't talk about the encampment in the guide.
Perhaps because it's not a puzzle that has to be solved nor an obstacle to be overcome. Just a thought. smile
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 01:19 AM

The guide was written, edited and sent to the art team prior to the addition of the transformation of the encampment, which is why it's not mentioned there. There is a fix for the filthy encampment situation in the 1.00.01 update (it's mentioned in the readme file as "Fixed interrupted island cleanup sequence.").

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/20/11 04:26 AM

Actually it doesnt really matter to me even though I am not able to fix the encampment I will not start the game over. I love my villagers and I will continue to take care of them.
Posted by: Nancy40

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/21/11 02:29 AM

I had the same problem. After all heathens had been converted the encampment was beautified. I never saw how it happened - all the villagers came to celebrate and after that the encampment was cleaned up. This time my last heathen was converted by an island event and the encampment was not fixed up. I've dropped farmers, builders, esteemed elders and the retired chief on it and they just walk away or go fishing.
Posted by: arnie

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/21/11 12:25 PM

That is evidently a bug. Since it depends on a relatively rare sequence of events it was presumably not picked up during the beta tests.
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: The filthy encampment - 02/21/11 10:21 PM

I think I read somewhere that if you ever get an event that gives you more heathens, and you then convert that heathen, you have a second chance to fix up the filthy encampment. I've had events give me more heathens after I had already converted every heathen and fixed up the encampment, so you can certainly hold out hope that this will happen to you.
Posted by: Charity322

Re: The filthy encampment - 03/21/11 02:41 AM

I'm surprised that the encampment wasn't one of the puzzles. That and converting the red and yellow heathens.
Posted by: zippie

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/03/11 08:35 AM

Click to reveal..
My first time through the game, the villagers just cleaned up the encampment on their own after the last heathen (hate that word) was converted (hate that word too). Second time I played it, I converted the Chief last, and the villagers just ignore it. Sigh.

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/06/11 09:58 PM

Zippie, the issues you are experiencing were fixed in a later version (1.00.01).

I can assist you with receiving the update, since I see that you purchased it from us earlier in January. Please fill out this Support Form and I'll help you with that as quickly as possible. smile

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/06/11 10:47 PM

Thanks Heather. Will I lose my tribes? My grandson has a tribe going and I would hate for him to lose it. As for myself, I can't see myself playing through this game again. It's my least favorite of all the VV games. It was fun to figure out all the puzzles the first time through, but I find this game very annoying. I've gone back to playing VV1 now smile

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/07/11 12:33 AM

There's a backup procedure that will help you keep his tribe safe, but the problems, unfortunately, will only be fixed in future tribes. (link to the backup below)

http://www.ldw.com/faq.php?game=14&platform=9&f=101&q=1222#answer

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/07/11 04:05 AM

Thanks Heather.
Posted by: Jedimaster

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/21/11 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: kjistaken
how do I convert the yellow and red heathens
I have the same question in version 1.0.0
Posted by: nonoholymolly

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/22/11 03:49 AM

Hello everyone smile

I have been a long-time fan of the virtual village series of games and am thoroughly grateful for the latest, vv-5.
Click to reveal..

All the puzzles are done, level 3 on all counts, population is booming at 65 last count and all the blue-masked heathens have been converted. I just got the 'Gain Youth' God Power.

I've looked through a lot of discussion strings and can not find the answer to where I am stuck: How do we convert the red & yellow masked heathens? I Have been shining sun on them - don't know if that is actually doing anything. From all the discussion, it seems to be the next thing to do?

thanks,
Posted by: they8pizza

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/22/11 07:40 AM

Click to reveal..
You need the earthquake power to convert them. Just keep using it as soon as you get the chance everytime and you'll have them all in little to no time.

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/22/11 11:08 PM

Hello nonoholymolly smile You have to
Click to reveal..
continue to increase your population so that you can get the Earthquake God Power.

Posted by: nonoholymolly

Re: The filthy encampment - 04/23/11 01:22 AM

brilliant! thank you so much!

smile