Problems With Nursing Moms

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/10/11 11:05 PM

Update: We have released an updated version of VV5 (1.00.01) that will prevent nursing timer issues when females are made young again. The update will not correct the timers of any existing stuck moms, but it will prevent stuck timers from occurring after the update is installed. See <======== Arthur's Facebook feed at the left of this page for details regarding how to get the update.

There have been numerous reports of problems with the timers for the nursing moms in VV5, which are largely due to the way people are choosing to play the game. Only one of these issues is new in VV5, and many of them have been in the VV games since the beginning of the series. Any activity that interferes with the uninterrupted passage of time in the game will often adversely affect the game's timers, particularly those of nursing moms. If you're having problems with nursing moms (or any game timer), it's likely due to one of the following:
  • Pausing and un-pausing the game a lot for such things as placing multiple children onto collectibles. While many people use pause to help them with everything from breeding to collectibles, the game was designed to be paused while you are away from it for several hours, not as a means to assist with game play.
  • Adjusting your computer's system clock to speed up game play (commonly referred to as "time travel"). While many people do adjust their system clocks to speed up play, doing so affects far more than just the games. Every application in your computer is affected, including the file system and system functions. For all of those reasons, we do not recommend changing your computer's system clock to speed up game play.
  • Having a female villager revert to a younger age, either from an Island Event or by using the Grant Youth power to make a female young again (new in VV5). Whenever a female becomes younger, the nursing timer will not operate properly until she once again reaches her original age, even if she was not nursing when she was made young. If you want to grant youth to a female villager, be sure that you understand that she will not nurse children normally for a long time. You can think of it as a highly specific and limited form of time travel, which has always played havoc with the game's internal timers.

There are a few ways to potentially resolve the situation, depending upon what caused the issue:
  1. If you adjusted your computer's system clock, you can set it to the correct date and time and wait for the game to get back in sync again. It could take a long time for that to happen, though, depending on the amount of adjustment that was made. You can look here for a long, sorry saga of what can happen to a game when time travel goes bad.
  2. If you have been pausing and unpausing the game a lot to give yourself a helping hand in the game, you can try the workaround that is described in item 6 in Mystwalker's post in the VV4 forum.
  3. If an Island Event made her younger or you used Grant Youth (or Revive, in special cases) on the villager, you can either allow her to carry the baby around until she finishes nursing it or you can use Time Warp (VV5 only) on her to more rapidly return her to her original age. It could take many tries to fully "undo" the Grant Youth, since Time Warp ages a villager in small increments.
  4. If all else fails, you can simply wait it out to see if the game returns to normal, or you can start another game in a different player slot and check on the malfunctioning game occasionally to see if it is normal again.
Posted by: Magesteff

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/12/11 03:09 AM

I think I broke my Mommy...
Just to see what would happen... I used the time warp on one of my Mommies...

So... here it is hours and hours later (one child made after she got hers is now 6 years old) and she is still carrying the kid around. Would using "youth" on her help the issue? SHe is an Elder with Devotion that I want to hang on to her...
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/12/11 03:17 AM

Magesteff, your situation is described in #3 above smile

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/12/11 03:27 AM

So taking a time warped Mom and doing youth on them will help get it back on track once Mom is 18 again?
Posted by: goffam05

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/12/11 03:36 AM

I used the grant youth on a nursing mom, and she carried the baby until she was old and died, LOL. I never knew what happened to the baby, because it did not show up in the grave or with the kids. However, I did go down to one less person in my population, and could not replenish that one person (no more babies were allowed to be made). So, I had a max population at 97. I won't grant youth to a poor nursing mom again. ;-)

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/12/11 03:39 AM

I won't do time warp either.
Posted by: jewels_36

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/13/11 08:49 PM

well i got a mom that has been carring around a baby for 4 days now.she and another mom got preggers at the same time which reached my maximum population with one over.after 2 days i got the bright idea if i made her young the baby would disappear,boy was i wrong,lol.she is an adult again and still has the baby,im jus going to let her die,shes no use to me if she cant work,i really wanted to keep her cause she has all her skills maxed except devotion.plus i have another mother having babies at 72 yrs of age.lol.i only paused my game at night the first couple of days til i figured out i get food from the mushroom power,then i jus built my food up for the night and quit pausing so i could get my tech built up.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/14/11 06:28 AM

I have about 6 moms where the timer has stopped, and another four with the timer running. I've tried switching speeds, I've tried to grant youth (had one that stopped one at 51 minutes that had been counting down but she was in her 70's and I didn't want her to die). Ine thing I have noticed, and maybe it is just in this one game, all the ones with broken timers are Elders some even having four skills at Master level. The non-elders don't seem to have a problem carrying to term.
Posted by: VVCX

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 05:00 AM

I have similar problem as Magestaff has except only 1 is esteemed elder, I used Time Warp on 1 mom (hoping to get runner) and she birthed baby fine but after that all mothers have carried babies to near death (or babies have born after mother has died) and oldest mother was 79 and still timer said 246 mins (I think) and due that mothers aren't gaining anny skills (2 has been trainees (parent and devotee) since they got pregnant days ago.

I haven't adjusted computer's time except few secs few times when I have checked that computer's clock is right and only paused for few secs many times to find children to pick up mushroom or collectible.

edit: I haven't used Grant Youth to carrying mother only older villagers who have devotee-skill (and 1 of those eternally carrying mothers is villager from begiinning who has Master Devotee-skill) or were close to become JOATs (3 or 4)or to get babies (previous + 5-6) due villagers living so long and being on pop-cap (not saying its a bug but atm avg age of death is 75-77 and maybe half dozen has died as 79 and at previous games some died earlier).

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 05:31 AM

Just to be clear... your problem was caused by Time Warp, and you had not used Grant Youth at all up to that point? And, if you're pausing a lot to assist with collectibles, that's going to compound any problems you're having.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 05:45 AM

I think it was caused by Time Warp (not sure since that mother birthed baby normally and also few others after that but now some mothers have carried same babies for days and atm youngest baby is 7 years old), I pause maybe 3-5 times per day for few secs if there's no kid near and paused for maybe 30secs-1min at somewhat midway of game when I made mushrooms and dropped kids on those to collect those and that didn't cause problems (mothers carried babies normally until few days ago when eternal carrying started (and like I said oldest mother was 79 and she died last night and maybe birthed baby that way).

I did same pausing at previous VVs which had collectibles or gather villagers to pool party or builders at VV4 to remove blockage on river (since they didn't keep it open during times VV4 was closed).

edit: It doesn't matter much if its eternal carrying baby since I've done all puzzles and got all heathens (only ex-Chief is alive cause I need him as teacher) and atm only looking missing collectibles and trying to get JOATs, other major trophies I have got (besides collections-trophy) and few minors are missing.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 06:10 AM

Thanks for the additional information. We're trying to collect as many experiences as possible, in addition to our own testing.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 07:23 AM

Now its really odd, 1 of my esteemed elders died (half hour ago) and 1 of women came pregnant and she's carrying baby now and timer says there's 216 mins left on nursing but others who are carrying babies have timers still at 246 mins.and next villager to die is 1 of those mothers who carry a baby (she's 65 so 10-15 years left) and 1 candidate to become JOAT since she has devotion-skill as trainee (as it has been past few days).
Posted by: pitapoo

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 03:37 PM

I'm having the same problem with nursing moms. I used time warp for the build off and on one child. The nursing moms I'm having trouble with are the ones I used grant youth on, since they are maxed in devotion. I've only paused the game twice when I had to step away for a while. I've been able to start the clock my dropping a male villager on them. Since the nursing moms keep running away I keep dropping a male villager on them until they are waiting for someone. For some reason this starts the nursing clock up again.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/15/11 04:38 PM

That's a very interesting observation. Thanks! laugh

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/16/11 01:51 AM

My other mother who carried baby forever died last night but her baby didn't get borned and atm that other mother still carries her babies.

I have also used Grant Youth on all mothers (1 has got it twice) who carried/carry their babies forever, their babies when they were at 20s got borned normally but after 1 mother got Time Warped (she didn't get Grant Youthed) its been messed.

Other pregnant mothers carry their babies normally and 1 has already borned.

Can't try pitapoo's trick cause I have full pop and oldest villager is only 61.
Posted by: scrappydu2

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/16/11 05:20 AM

I broke 3 of my mommys (2 on purpose before I read the forum) and 1 by accident trying to get a male to study medicine. I tried the suggestion of putting the males on the nursing mothers...unfortnately that didn't work for me. My 2 females just returned to their original ages before I granted youth, and one has finally delivered (age 62), the other now only has 5 more minutes (age 60) smile

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/18/11 02:21 AM

Getting nursing mother embraced didn't work for me, I Grant Youthed mother (prolly 3rd or 4th time) and reaged her to 18 and dropped male villager on her and few times there was embrace and few times she was waiting but no luck. Such a shame that she was gonna be 1st female JOAT. Darn it.

I think father who impregnated her had also been Grand Youthed (either ex-Chief or my 1st JOAT) so that apparently bugged nursing.
Posted by: misha rf

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/18/11 03:37 AM

I have a mom who's been carrying around a baby since yesterday. She's the first one I granted youth to (she's my first Devotion Master), and the only one this has happened to so far. She was well into her 40s before this baby came along (still don't have all the relics, so I had to wait for my population to drop low enough first). I haven't reset my computer clock (too lazy). I only pause it overnight or if I'm going out now that I've solved all the puzzles. I've tried time warp on her once, which aged her a year, but the timer hasn't changed at all. I've tried dropping a male villager on her, but since my population is currently maxed out, that hasn't worked. Yet. I've got some old ones that I'm waiting to die off & then I'll see if that works, lol.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/19/11 02:29 AM

I got 2 more of eternally carrying mothers (and those 2 were gonna be JOATs) and neither of them were Grant Youthed (can be Grant Youthed's kids although) so I'm quite sure that if father is Grant Youthed then mother carries baby/babies forever (before dies). I de-aged all my curent JOATs

Its very hard to get JOAT during 1 lifetime so those eternally carrying mothers (mine are Esteemed Elders who have mastered Devotion) really messes game.
Posted by: chemayla

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/19/11 01:52 PM

HI got 3 moms stuck. I didn't mess with the computer clock. I timed warped them on one occasion but they we're NOT carrying children at the time, and I waited until they were old enough to get pregnant again and now they are all stuck. I also didn't pause the game.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/19/11 03:24 PM

Unfortunately, it does not matter that they weren't nursing a child when you used a power on them. The Grant Youth power (for sure, and possibly Time Warp, as well) messes up a female villager's internal clock, and the nursing timer doesn't ever operate properly after that.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, we are looking into this issue in order to come up with a way to solve it.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/20/11 01:02 AM

Add-on to my last post: It doesn't mess on all Grant Youthed father's, 1 male whois close to be JOAT has been GY'd at least twice and women who got pregnated by him carried their babies normally.

Sadly can't know with who those eternally carrying mothers had baby (on my case either ex-Chief or my 1st/2nd JOAT).
Posted by: smjjames

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/21/11 01:33 AM

Erm, I Grant Youth'd my ex-chief, so I hope that doesn't mess things up.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/21/11 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Erm, I Grant Youth'd my ex-chief, so I hope that doesn't mess things up.

as you can see it might. If Grant Youthed is father then it might mess up timer.
Posted by: Cindy522

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/21/11 03:27 AM

Quote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, we are looking into this issue in order to come up with a way to solve it.

You ALSO said
Quote:
We're trying to collect as many experiences as possible, in addition to our own testing.

You seem irritated that people are continuing to post about this issue.

---------------
My daughter was concerned about the woman dying while holding the baby. I assume there would be no dead baby... since you all never would have coded a baby skeleton... then again, children can die of starvation at the beginning.

So, please advise if you can.... if we allow the nursing mother to die, will there be a dead child in the heap as well?
==============
Also, upon seeing her as a 5 year old "showing baby the river", she is now really sad. Maybe Ill run the game on fast mode over night so she can look at it again without a little girl having a baby.

(this isnt about religion... no matter what, its sad for a 5 year old to have a baby - like it or not, these are great games for people with kids.)

============
Perhaps you should send an email to all purchasers stating #3 in your initial post here... that granting youth to an elderly adult will have her nursing timer stuck.

I THOUGHT the PURPOSE of granting youth was so the village could continue once all the adult women were over 50. Thats when we restored youth to this chick. Since there is a reason to do it, and its not a consequence of people working around the game (pausing to move people around, etc), it seems like something you should announce.

We did then get a female heathen or two converted, so thats whose been building our population, instead of the youth-restored person.

Thanks,
Cindy

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/21/11 03:53 AM

I'm not in the least bit irritated. I just want to reassure people occasionally that we are still looking into these bugs. That's all. I'm sorry if I sounded irritated. We're all pretty frazzled here after many long months of development, testing, and launch support, and maybe my choice of words wasn't ideal. blush

In VV1, there was no age limit for females to bear children, and if an elderly nursing mom passed on, the child did too (although there is no physical evidence of that fact). Because of that, VV2 and VV3 both had an age limit (which also upset people, for different reasons). In VV4 and VV5, the age limit was removed, although it's not as common as it was in VV1 to see elderly moms.

We do understand the issues associated with this complication of the use of the powers. I'm afraid that, for now, the only way to avoid them is to refrain from sending villagers (females, for sure) on a trip back through time.

As for getting the word out about this issue, that's why I created that post and will add an answer to our Support FAQ, as well. We are a very tiny studio, and we all have families and children who like to spend time with us. We have to depend upon our forums and support pages to provide people with the information that they need, since we simply don't have the resources to send emails to everyone who bought the game. blush

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/22/11 03:21 AM

today (very recently) 1 of mothers who was etenally carrying her babies isn't carrying those but 2 others are still.

no idea how that happened since few hrs ago she still nursed her babies. total nursing time over week.

father isn't JOAT but is Esteemed Elder (not sure if Gyed or not)) so bug didn't happen on my case that Retired Chief or my 1st JOAT (villager on my starting population), who have both GYed couple times, would been father.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/24/11 04:44 AM

all those mothers who were carrying their babies for a long time started eventually getting near end of carrying, 2 mothers carrying ended before death but I think 1 mother died before baby was born (mother had 2.5 hrs left of nursing and age was 72 atthat time and no baby was shown at proper age), baby isn't at Mausoleum nor is mother (she had devotion selected and no Master Devotee at Mausoleum on last 2 rows) but that could be due that villager who carried her got targeted by adopt parent (I have several trying to Master it).

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/26/11 02:28 AM

got eternally carrying mother again, I Grant Youthed 2 of those mothers who nursed their babies over week and 1st nursed fine but now 2nd has nursed her baby couple days now.
Posted by: BiggleLover12345

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/29/11 11:23 PM

maybe it is like the teenager that never leaves home in real-life.. Some babies stick with the Mom their whole life.. *smirk (just hoping to add some levity to the seriousness of this disturbing problem)

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/30/11 02:27 AM

no idea if babies stick to mother eternally or do they born when mother dies since so far all eternally carrying mothers (except 3 mothers atm) timer has started ticking again (1 was very close if baby got born or not).

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/31/11 12:10 AM

atm I have 3 eternally nursing mothers and all those have been Grant Youthed 2 or more times.
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 01/31/11 12:56 AM

I also have 3 eternally carrying mothers, Sirah, Kolea, and Tita. They all have been Granted Youth at least once. All other mothers that I have not Granted Youth seem to be doing ok.
Posted by: pitapoo

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/02/11 04:17 PM

Just another FYI. When I drop a male villager on a nursing mom to get her to wait for someone, I've found it doesn't always happen on the first try. Sometimes it takes days, but the clock eventually did start. There was one nursing mom that no matter how many times I dropped a male villager on her, nothing happened. I granted her youth a couple of times, but I eventually let her pass away. When she did pass away, the baby was born.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/11 12:49 AM

1 of my eternally carrying mother has 204 mins left of nursing but she's 71 so .............. others are 60 or under so will be a while until they die.
Posted by: PrinceJoanna

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/11 04:22 AM

i dont have a problem with Nursing moms but how about Nursing dadsi was playing vv5 and i just got the heanon mom taskand there he was (i dont know how to post pics) but this is just WEIRD

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/11 05:05 AM

The Heathen Male Mommy is talked about here.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/11 06:35 AM

My heathen mother actually turned out to be a female -- after reading posts here, I thought she was going to turn out a he, but nope. smile

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/05/11 04:28 PM

So far all eternally carrying mothers clock has started ticking again (last 2 unless my last original villager (she's JOAT) gets pregnant (she's apparently somewhat popular amongst male parents but so far she hasn't got pregnant again)) and apparently babies have born but no idea what happened to few mothers since they aren't on mausoleum.

looks like it if mother ends nursing baby eternally she carries baby 1-2 weeks if she gets Grant Youthed while nursing eternally but sometimes it really goes close if nursing ends before mother dies.
Posted by: Ldyma

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/05/11 10:06 PM

I read the entire thread here and in technical issues...Im a bit angry that there isnt a fix...Esteemed Elders 9 ofmwhich are female and only need a few more increases to become Jack of all trade...so naturally I wanted to preserve their lives...They got pregnant and are all stuck in this loop...they were not pregnant when I granted youth..I only use pause once every three days....and I NEVER change my clock...This sucks and Im angry...
Not to mention the other baloney about the Jenga Earthquake thing not resetting anything thats 100% and you dont get earthquake until the end of the game when you have at least 90 villagers...really we deserve updates on these two...

I understand your technicalissue with the game timer....and nursing Moms but cmon put a disclaimer up front tell people about women and pregnancy leave lol...or just fix it for us
Posted by: Jemi97

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/07/11 10:34 AM

I used the Grant Youth power on all my 5 pioneers (3 men, 2 women) of my village so that they could be JOATs. And then the nursing problem happened to Kolea & Konichua, the 2 women. I tried dropping a man on on them, and using a time warp on them, and various other methods that have been mentioned, but nothing happened. So I sadly decided that my last resort was to let them pass away, bring them back to life and grant youth to them (hoping that the baby isn't still clinging onto them).

But when Kolea (the older one) reached 55 years (the age where they get bald/white/grey hair at level 3 medicine), the baby detached from her and was running around! I was so happy that she & the baby survived and Kolea could continue on her way to JOAT. So I thought that the same thing would happen to Konichua. But sadly, it did not. She's now 56 years, with grey hair, and the baby still clinging onto her!! Grrrrr!!

So I've decided to use the last resort I've said earlier. And if it suceeds, I will never, ever, use Grant Youth or time warp on villagers studying to be JOAT. Ever.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/08/11 09:00 AM

I have only played the game twice, but never experienced any of what has been reported in this forum. That's not to say it doesn't happen! I just haven't run into it in my games. I did grant youth to 5 Esteemed Elders, who all grew into JOAT's. The one thing I did different, was; not getting them pregnant. I didn't want to waist their valuable learning time. I do pause the game. How often? I couldn't tell you. The Jenga Earthquake never worked for me either. Which would be a nice touch for new and upcoming builders. I'm not crazy about the amount of people needed to generate an Earthquake, to me that really sucks. Your disclaimer idea, in my opinion, is a fair statement!

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/08/11 07:37 PM

Hey guys, just letting you know that there is a patch out which should fix the grant youth issue. I haven't experienced the issue myself, so I don't know whether it fixes current games.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/08/11 08:00 PM

The VV5 update (1.00.01) resolves most of the issues with females who have been made young again; it will not, however, correct the nursing timers for females who are currently nursing babies. If you have any nursing moms in the tribe who are stuck nursing, their nursing timers will not be affected by the update.
Posted by: Kanza

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/08/11 10:26 PM

Of all of the things mentioned that we could do wrong and cause problems with the nursing moms' timers, I did not do. And therefore I am not a happy camper and then to hear their patch will not fix the problem entirely is very disappointing. I paid for the game and expected it to work properly. I don't think this is the way to treat paying and not to mention, loyal customers.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 12:34 AM

They can only do so much, and besides, the patch is to PREVENT the bugs from happening, maybe they weren't able to really do anything to fix the eternal mothers that are already stuck.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 01:27 AM

LadyCFII, I downloaded the patch, everything went fine. I check to see if it worked. I dropped Taunga on the nursury. Natawa started to "Learn about Reading!" I made Papaya have a baby to test out the nursing timer bug, I check it 15 minutes later, still at 246 minutes! eek What am I doing wrong?

Edit: It now has been 25 minutes... nothing.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 01:50 AM

Maybe the nursing timer thing is only fixed for new games? No idea why they couldn't get it fixed for current games like with the nursery.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 03:35 AM

I specifically tested the update with a game in progress that had females who had been made young again. Some were still nursing, others were not. In every case, the females who were not nursing a baby, even if they had been made young again, were able to nurse their infants for the correct amount of time (i.e. 2 game years).

If there are still issues, I need to know what exact steps need to be performed in order for me to reproduce any remaining bugs.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 04:19 AM

What about the ones that were made young agan and were nursing a baby in your test game?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 04:35 AM

I talked about that here. smile

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 04:53 AM

I installed the new version as you suggested. The females that I used the Grant Youth on that were not pregnant reached 18 years and became pregnant....now their timers are not working either. I have played this game several times figuring out how to play it and I really do not want to start over again.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 05:05 AM

How many times did you use Grant Youth on them?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 06:32 AM

Once.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 12:26 PM

Would someone please point me to the VV5 update (1.00.01)?

Thank you!

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/09/11 05:11 PM

Arthur announced the VV5 update on Monday in his Facebook and Twitter feeds (on the left and lower right portions of the forum), but not everybody looks at those. Here's how to obtain the update:

Windows users only need to redownload and install the free trial from the VV5 page. Mac users will need to send a Support Form to obtain the update.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/10/11 07:43 AM

Thank you LadyCFII, and sorry for not seeing what's in front of my eyes.
laugh
Posted by: VLGRFN

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/11/11 10:07 PM

Actually - I am wondering - do I need to UNinstall the previous version before installing it again, or does it install "in place"? Also, can you back up your game data to open with newest version?

OOOPS! Never mind. Just saw the post at the very bottom. Please disregard.

I have version 1.00. Can I download version 1.00.01 that has the nursing Mom's timer fixed? I purchased the game on Jan. 3, 2011. Is there also a way to back up your current game data to open with the updated version? I have 5 games going simultaneously.

Thank you!

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/11/11 10:28 PM

See my post a few posts above this one for how to obtain the update. It can be installed over 1.00 and recognizes existing savegame files. If you want to back them up first, you can see how here.
Posted by: VLGRFN

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/11/11 10:32 PM

Thanks for the link!

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/13/11 12:42 AM

so far my GYed female JOATs have nursed their babies normally.
Posted by: EsteemedElder

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/13/11 05:51 PM

I have two villages in which all the puzzles are completed and heathens are converted. So, my new goal was to keep Granting Youth (GY-ing) to my favorite villagers (JOATs, Retired Chief, runners).

In one village, I GYed a runner nursing mom when she was in her 60s. She's still carrying the baby. I fear that she'll die before I can GY her again. I'm not going to GY her while she's carrying the baby. It's just pointless to keep a runner if she can't do things like fetch the firewood, etc.

In another village, I had no runners at all (bad luck, I guess). But, I had some master devotees and other highly skilled females (no JOATs because I was lazy). Since that village had a lot of untrained adults that never gained skill as children, I was trying to keep the highly skilled villagers in the hopes that I would someday make them JOATs. They were mostly females. I specifically intended not to leave anyone's preference on parenting because I wanted the untrained to die off and I wanted to get my population to a manageable size. I was GY-ing the highly skilled females. Well, they all eventually were nursing moms (even though no one should have been making babies). They became stuck in nursing mom mode as described above. Last I checked, they were all in their late 60s with babies that never leave them. I'm sure they're dead by now. I'm about to go check.

That's been my experience. What I'm gathering from this topic discussion is that if you want to keep villagers around forever, only GY the male villagers. This kind of sucks because my newest village has four running females and no running males.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/13/11 07:27 PM

The update that was released last week helps with this situation.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/13/11 07:58 PM

Which one?

I still can't breed the GYed females, Papaya died because of that. frown
Meanwhile I don't know if Aloha is going to make it...

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/13/11 11:51 PM

Is this situation what you're seeing?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/14/11 01:20 AM

No. Papaya and Aloha were not nursing before the update, but the nursery works fine... confused
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/14/11 01:55 AM

I have a number of villagers (both male and female) who were granted youth in their 70's. My population is at 101 so I haven't been able to have any new babies. I have 7 elderly villagers (ages 66, 68 and 70) that I am willing to sacrifice to test this out for you VFLover09. I'll post my results. I'm only willing to sacrifice them because I made a backup copy that I have on pause. smile
Posted by: Dory804

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/14/11 05:26 PM

How do I get the patch

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/14/11 05:59 PM

I posted the links earlier in this thread. laugh
Posted by: Made in England

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/14/11 09:58 PM

Hi, I still have a problem and I've downloaded the patch. I think I gy'd the females involved before the patch, but got them nursing afterwards and they are still nursing.... I haven't got any females old enough yet to try gying them and then get them nursing now after I've put the patch in. I don't want to start another game as I've solved everything and can't face having to deal with all the heathens again!
Posted by: Artemisia

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/20/11 09:17 PM

Hi, all...I do rather wish you'd mentioned that the "heathen mommy" puzzle would be eliminated by this update...I'm not sure I would have downloaded the "GY/mommy" fix if I'd known. (Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread?) I do enjoy your games, though, and understand that not everything is always going to function the way it was expected to. Maybe if we stopped begging for the next installment, you'd catch have time to catch the bugs before release! :-) (because I'm new to posting, and don't know where to find the smilies!)

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/20/11 10:31 PM

AFAIK, the heathen mommy was a bonus for those who bought the game during the first month after release. I still have the heathen mommy in my game and I got the update.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/20/11 10:41 PM

Yes, smjjames, I think you're right. But, I was one of those early buyers, and had the heathen mommy in my first four games. Not only do I not have it in the game I started today after I downloaded the update, the puzzle is gone from the games I had started before the update. I guess the update doesn't always install the same on every computer (and, heaven knows, mine is a bit dated).

Edited to add: After I installed the update (3+ hours ago, I made one of my GY'ed women pregnant...unfortunately, the update didn't work for me; she's still showing 410 minutes to carry the baby. Too bad; sometimes Perfect is the enemy of Good.
Posted by: skipper45mn

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/21/11 12:15 AM

If you submit a customer support form
Heather will be glad to help you.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/21/11 12:36 AM

Please see this post by LadyCFII, Artemisia smile

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/21/11 12:58 AM

Thank you, Xay. I wasn't suggesting that it was "unfair," just that I would have liked to have known in advance. I probably should have searched all the forums, instead of just reading this thread before I downloaded the update. Since the update didn't work for me, I'll submit a customer support form.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/21/11 01:00 AM

I didn't think you thought it was unfair. It was simply the post that explained the problem most accurately. laugh

As soon as I receive your support form, I'll be happy to help you.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 04/28/11 04:02 AM

I have again mother (multiple times grand youthed JOAT) whois eternally carrying her baby (whose father is most likely other multiple times grand youthed JOAT).

I guess its time to stop playing VV5.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 04/28/11 06:46 AM

Is this the only case you've seen, VVCX, or have there been others?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 04/29/11 02:08 AM

1st case after update and after 3 days (when I 1st time checked her status she was 44 and she's now 52) her timer is running again, looks like temp glitch since others gy'd JOAT mother's nurse normally.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 04/29/11 04:04 AM

I'm glad it's running again smile
Posted by: JamieH

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 12/08/11 06:55 PM

i havent been here in AGES!!! Glad to be back!!
I was given this game, and now my mommy is stuck to. I havnt TTed, or done any stuff to her. How do I fix this?
i stated to play yesturday.
When I say given to me, it was a friend and i dont know the code or anything.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 12/08/11 10:18 PM

What version of the game do you have? Open the game, go to the main menu, and look at the lower left corner. You'll see numbers and some letters there. Those numbers and letters tell me what the version number is and where the game was purchased. smile
Posted by: IIF

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 03/16/12 04:59 AM

I have same prob with 2 eternal nursing moms. I have emailed customer support about it and I have had no answer. Please help.

I have the 1.00, RE version of the game

Could I please get the link to the update? I am running windows 7 and I bought my full version in amazon.com. Thanks

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 03/16/12 06:24 AM

IIF, I replied to you shortly after you sent in the support form. I have replied to you again, just now. Please check to see if your spam/junk mail folders is hiding my reply. If you have any questions, please reply to that email and I will be happy to assist you further.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 05/30/12 05:08 AM

What is the newest version of the game? The one that is described on page 1 ? Is it recommended that I download it as I am having the same problem with the nursing mother, who I have granted youth to, and she has been stuck on 410 mins for quite a while now. I believe this happened to me before in another VV game, and I think one of the suggestions was just to leave the game for about 3 days unpaused and see if it has been corrected ?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 05/30/12 01:05 PM

The situation in VV5 is different because it involves god powers. If you purchased VV5 from LDW, you will need to submit a support request through our help desk for the updated version.

If you purchased it elsewhere, you will need to contact the place of purchase.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 06/01/12 03:24 AM

Alright thanks ! I have Windows, and of course I bought it from LDW! smile Tank you...
Posted by: wiccavic

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 06/06/12 02:12 PM

I purchased version 1,oo from IWIN (for windows) and they do not have the upgraded version, do you have a patch I can purchase or will I need to buy the gane again?

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 06/06/12 04:51 PM

You can receive the updated version from us, however, in your situation, you will need to submit a support request to our help desk, filling it out as much as you can. We'll also need your confirmation email, so if you can take a screenshot of that, and attach to your support request, the process will go much faster. smile

~Heather
Posted by: boet

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 08/01/12 05:03 AM

I have VV5 New Believers on my iPad and this just happened to me out of no where. Unplanned at that wink just trying to make room in the hospital and she kissed a male villager LOL. She has been nursing for two days now.

No clock changing or time warp but I have used youth grant to all my esteemed elders with devotion. And she has almost all 5 bars full with the 6th parenting at a quarter. This game is in the advanced stages as all puzzles have been completed with only 2 science lab items to find. My goal has been to carry forward the devoted masters and to obtain 10 or more masters of all skills. I have only 1 so far besides the chief.

Anyways, guess I will see what happens giving her youth or letting her die. ....
Posted by: boet

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 08/02/12 06:52 AM

Wow! She finally gave up nursing at 65 yrs of age and I was able to save her after all smile
Posted by: WPBN

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 05/23/13 11:56 PM

Wow! Activity sure has taken it's vacation.

I downloaded the patch, but how do i use it? There are now two links to VV5NB, the one i downloaded from Shockwave and this:

Continue the epic story of the castaways of Isola in Virtual Villagers: New Believers. Your villagers set out to find the source of a mysterious mask when they are ambushed! Who are these masked strangers, and why have they lost their way?

1:00:00 remaining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy this game for unlimited game play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already purchased? Enter your key here.

Sorry, I don't know how to post images. But... yeah. I don't have any pregnant youth villagers yet, and I'm going to train them to different tasks, but when they've become JOATs (I selected Parenting on all of them while closing the game to advance the population), I would have them to reproduce. Since I read about these problems, I downloaded the patch but ^.

EDIT: Oh, also, I downloaded it from Shockwave only two days ago. I think it should have had the patch, but it says 1.00.SW, not something else.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 05/24/13 05:35 PM

Versions from other sites like Shockwave aren't necessarily the latest version. What you've downloaded is a trial version. That will time out after an hour if you don't buy the full version from Shockwave.

Where did you get the original version from? If it was from LDW you should download the trial from the LDW website and install it over the first; it should pick up your registration key. If you got it from another site you should download the version from there.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 05/24/13 07:20 PM

We have delivered the updated version to all the other portals (Shockwave, Big Fish Games, Real Arcade, Yahoo, etc) after posting our update on Feb 07, 2011, so if you bought the game at another game site, you should contact them and request the game update, as they determine how to handle the game update for their version of the game.

If you bought your Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers game from one of the other game distributors, you should not download and install the updated version from our site. Doing so will cause your game to revert to a demo, since other game site's activation methods will not work with our version of the game.

Posted by: Kianta

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/14 12:45 PM

I purchased the game through Gamehouse a couple of weeks ago and the link to the update is about 3 years old. I've gone to the facebook page but can't track it down,
could somebody please post a link so that I can update properly?
I wanted to try and complete the entire game using the original villagers. It was working up until now, but I've hit the nursing mum issue.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 02/03/14 06:40 PM

Kianta,

See the post from Xay above. If you downloaded from another site you'll need to contact them; other game sites' versions won't work with the version on the LDW site, they'll revert to trial versions.
Posted by: Madea

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 12/11/15 03:48 PM

Hello, I have this game through WildTangent. How do I get the update. I've got about 5 or 6 permanent nursing mothers. lol. I used the Grant Youth to some villagers with almost maxed skills.

Another thing I'm seeing with the Grant Youth is that those villagers don't seem to advance skills past what they had when they were granted youth.

Thanks, years later and I am still enjoying playing these games. I can't wait until the new ones come out.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 12/12/15 10:34 PM

As I said in the post immediately above you'll have to contact the site you downloaded from to see if they've bothered to update the game - lots don't.

Re: Problems With Nursing Moms - 12/13/15 01:43 AM

If you are having trouble getting the update from Wild Tangent, Madea, please fill out a support request on our Help Desk, filling out the form as best you can. I'm asking you to do this because we will need specific details about your purchase, which we cannot do over the forums.