Desperate for a Master Builder

Posted by: PollyMT

Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/05/11 06:22 PM

I have played all the other VV games but this is BY FAR the most challenging. I don't think I have ever really run the risk of losing my tribe to starvation but I think I might this time . . .

The skills seem to build so slowly I am certain they are never going to make it. It was a late night last night waiting for the skill bar to creep up and then my closest villager was dead when I opened the game up tonight. I hate to leave the game on pause but it think I am going to have to walk them through every stage of this.

Ah well, it's certainly a challenge!
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/06/11 06:35 AM

Funny cuz i thought learning went a LOT faster, especially getting to Master mode. The trainee level just takes a few tries more but all in all a LOT easier to get Esteemed Elders! Once you get them trained, you'll see! i love LDW! Can i marry them?
Posted by: PollyMT

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/06/11 09:23 PM

Aargh! Still waiting. She has taken about 6 years to go from trainee and is STILL not a master.

I am sure they will die.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/30/11 06:17 AM

I am in the same situation as PollyMT. I basically just bought this game a couple of days ago. I have converted a few of the heathens and have most working at the science table. I figured the first tech I would buy would be Construction because that's usually pretty needed in these VV games. A Master Builder is normally very important as well, so I have one builder that's been building the first hut. It's now at 67% built and he's still only at Adept. Plus, it really doesn't look like his bar has moved in over a day.

Is it because he already had some building skill when I started the game? I tried to pick one with Building skill, one with some research skill and one with some Devotion skill. The 4th adult had no skills or likes/dislikes and then one kid.

I realize that there is a puzzle that would help raise the building skill, but that's way too well protected for me. I only have up to Bloom and when I've tried things to chase them away, it's never for very long. No where near long enough to make it worth using up the devotion points.

Oh, but I have already gotten one Master Scientist and she started out with her Research in the same spot as my builder's Building tech started. Neither have likes/dislikes that should have any effect. So, what am I doing wrong?

I find this game "extremely" challenging -- to the point where it almost isn't even fun. frown
Posted by: serious36

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/30/11 07:01 AM

Help!!! How do I build skill in devotion? All of my heathens have been converted long ago.....Thx
Posted by: swedane

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/30/11 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: serious36
Help!!! How do I build skill in devotion? All of my heathens have been converted long ago.....Thx

Here's a link to that particular subject: Devotion Skills - Possible Spoiler!
Posted by: VVCX

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/31/11 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Simsane

Is it because he already had some building skill when I started the game? I tried to pick one with Building skill, one with some research skill and one with some Devotion skill. The 4th adult had no skills or likes/dislikes and then one kid.

Oh, but I have already gotten one Master Scientist and she started out with her Research in the same spot as my builder's Building tech started. Neither have likes/dislikes that should have any effect. So, what am I doing wrong?

Builders work slower (and have longer distance to travel to get needed things and rascal harasses them more) than scientists so they gain skill slower.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 01/31/11 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: VVCX
Originally Posted By: Simsane

Builders work slower (and have longer distance to travel to get needed things and rascal harasses them more) than scientists so they gain skill slower.

Yea, I figured that out, but thank you for replying anyway. smile I discovered that I didn't actually have to have a Master Builder to be able to do what I wanted to do, so all's good.
Posted by: crosstitcher

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 02/06/11 02:21 AM

Yep. I bought this game Feb. 1, I lost my 1st tribe the 1st day as I left and THOUGHT I had enough food, NOT, and I'm having the SAME problem with my ADEPTED builders. I have my Master Scientist, Master Devotee, and STILL NO Master builders or Farmer. I pick my tribe with SOME of the building skills as others have in here. I have coverted several. MOSTLY children AND the ones with their arrow in the middle of the Devotion meter. God Power is up to Bloom. I have destroyed ALL totems that can be HIT by lighning and the kids totem. I have L2 in Science and Construction. I am working on my 3rd hut. NONE of my peeps are of elderly YET. They DO seem to age SLOWER in this one.
The trick I found, and it's BORING and FUSTRATING, is to keep my nursing moms as the ones being chased, as they are EASIER to pick up with the baby, to get the builders to build, but as others stated in here, they DO work SLOWER in this VV as it's NOT the case in the other VV's. I SWEEP the tribe with the nursing moms to get ALL the yellow maskers down to the lake area,as this is the area that I found will make the yellow maskers LONGER to get back to their areas. I have paused the game when I leave and the buildings are STILL at the % level when I returned.
I can't think of ANY OTHER way to get my builders to the Master level.

Happy VV gaming.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 02/06/11 04:24 AM

crosstitcher, pausing the game means no progress will be made. Also, don't close the game until
Click to reveal..
your building construction is at least 1%.

Posted by: Gertie

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/12/15 02:32 AM

I have the love hut and two other huts. One Master builder died while I tried to train another so I could begin to demolish the blocking totem. I now have 35 people, but really NEED to build more huts so I can train builders. How many people do I need before I can start building again?

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/14/15 05:02 AM

I have completed all the puzzles that don't require master builders. But I can't get my aging adept builders to "Master" because they have nothing to build and the building trade is painfully SLOW. RIGHT NOW, my game is stagnant and my villagers are all over age 27. No babies because of not enough huts. I NEED HELP WITH MY GAME PLEASE.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/14/15 06:34 PM

Hello Gertie! smile Master Builders take time. Have you completed
Click to reveal..
Puzzle 14?

Here are a couple of links that you may find helpful. I’ll hide them in a spoiler tag:

Also, there are plenty of construction projects to complete. The materials for each project will automatically appear when you have the required levels of technologies.
Click to reveal..
There are a total of 7 huts to be built, 3 of which are population huts.
I hope this helps. laugh

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/21/15 03:37 AM

Thanks Kathy. Things have moved right along for me since I wrote the above message. But if you could supply a couple more spoilers about how to get the Master builders to demolish the Idol by the Mosoleum I'd appreciate it. I have had no success at getting my builders to demolish that thing. I've used a whole lot of lightning. Thanks loads.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/21/15 09:00 AM

I suggest you read the posts in this thread:
Click to reveal..

Re: Desperate for a Master Builder - 05/22/15 04:55 AM

Thanks Kathy, helpful.