Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers)

Posted by: Hermanita

Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/01/11 07:45 PM

I don't really know if this is a problem or not, but...

After I converted the "Heathen Mommy", it was revealed that the mommy was a man. I don't mind, haha, but I just thought it was strange. Is it supposed to be like that?

(I tried to add a picture, but the file was too big.)
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/01/11 07:55 PM

As stated in these posts, that is normal (if a bit odd looking!). laugh
Posted by: Hermanita

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/01/11 10:00 PM

Oh okay, thanks. Sorry, I should've used the search feature first.
Posted by: JumpyJennie83

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 01:46 AM

Click to reveal..
I know that you have to help the ones with the purple Masks. Improve their area of expertise or fix something for them but
How do I covert the Mommy?
Posted by: HarleyRebel

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 05:14 AM

Click to reveal..
It takes three nursing moms to convert her at the same time

Posted by: AlicelovesVV

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 02:11 PM

My heathen mommy is also a heathen daddy wink
Posted by: scallerbar

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 02:35 PM

Click to reveal..
i have the 3 nursing mother and all she does is listen, what am I missing ?

Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 03:40 PM

Click to reveal..
You may need more. I needed five.

Posted by: JumpyJennie83

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 04:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your great and helpful answers!
Posted by: sherilee2004

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 04:43 PM

I cant find the heathen mommy, there isnt one frown I now have all the god powers but still no heathen mommy
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 05:15 PM

We found a bug in the game that didn't get fixed until a few hours after the game was released. We fixed and replaced the game quickly, but if you purchased the game within a few hours after it was released, your copy of the game may have that bug. Unfortunately, downloading and installing the updated version won't correct that bug, since the condition is stored in your savegame file. We are working on a way to restore that puzzle in affected games without having to delete everything and start over. We will be notifying affected players when we have a working fix. We sincerely apologize for not catching this sooner.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 05:32 PM

If I was to uninstall and reinstall and start over would that fix it?

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 06:21 PM

Yes, there are actually a couple of things you can do, if you don't mind starting over. The first is to uninstall the game (leaving the savegame files intact - you might want to back them up first, just in case), then re-download and install the free trial (assuming that you're playing the Windows version). Next, launch VV5 and pause the game that you're playing in the first player slot (to preserve it in case you want to continue it after the fix is available). Once the game is paused, go to the Menu, click Change Player, and start a new game in another player slot. The new game should have the heathen mommy puzzle working properly.

If, for some reason, that doesn't resolve the situation, or if you don't want to preserve your existing game, you can completely uninstall the game, delete everything in your savegame folder (located in \My Documents\LDW\Virtual Villagers - New Believers), re-download the game and start completely fresh.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this workaround.
Posted by: Zuleika

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 08:46 PM

I don't have a heathen mommy either. I didn't buy the game until after it had been out a couple of days, so supposedly after the fix. I'm playing the Mac version.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 09:07 PM

If you started with the Mac demo, you will have the problem if you continued to play the games that you started with the demo. The Mac demo did not get the fix.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 09:34 PM

That worked great for me smile Ty

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/02/11 11:30 PM

Hey, that's not cool. Hope that when you figure out a way to restore the puzzle, you'll do it for those of us on a Mac, too. We Mac users hate to be the red-headed step-child...

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 12:20 AM

The full Mac version was fixed; it was only the Mac demo that was not, but we're in the process of correcting that oversight, as well.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 12:28 AM

Hi Zuleika. I am also on a Mac and I basically followed LadyCFII suggestion for a workaround: I deleted the original application (but kept the saveGame files intact) and downloaded the fixed application. When I opened the game that I had already been playing there was no heathen mommy. So I paused that game and started a new game in another slot (you can have 5 games in progress at the same time). That new game has a heathen mommy.

When the developers come up with a way to restore the heathen mommy puzzle I will be able to download the fix and unpause my first game if I want to. It's not likely that I will though, because I learned so much from the first game that I was able to make better decisions for my villagers in my second game. smile

Note: Barbara, I see you replied before I was done. Feel free to delete my post if it isn't helpful. smile
Posted by: RoseArienh

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 01:12 AM

I'm glad I read this.

Click to reveal..
I am at the point where all heathens wearing blue masks, all four masters and the chief have been converted.

I never had a heathen mommy, so I suspect I bought the game before the problem was corrected.

I have only one puzzle left to solve. My thought is that I should just wait for the fix and continue to learn with this tribe.

Am I correct in thinking this would probably not take very long?

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 01:33 AM

I actually bought it before I even downloaded the game, because I've been such a fan of the other four VVs. But I just wasn't paying attention to where I should download from and clicked the "demo" button, so that's the one I opened first. Then I realized it was the wrong thing, and re-read my activation email.

Too late, though, unless I want to start over. It's not a huge deal to me, really, and I doubt I'll start over.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 01:42 AM

Rose, I can't tell you how long it might be. Arthur has not committed to a time frame, or even that he will be able to come up with a patch that will restore the missing mommy.
Posted by: RoseArienh

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 01:51 AM

Thank you, Barbara. In that case, I think I'll try your suggestion above. I may wait a bit, just to see if I learn anything else that makes me change the way the next tribe goes about making their way.
Posted by: Lucky13ca

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 03:01 AM

I got a heathen mommy but funny enough it is a "male" with a baby.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 03:36 AM

The heathen 'mommy' can be either male or female, by design. laugh
Posted by: EMMA2424

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/03/11 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The heathen 'mommy' can be either male or female, by design. laugh

WELL, All I can say is hallelujah!!!!!! It is about time! Nice touch! I love it!
Posted by: sinsofangels

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:15 AM

My friend sent this screenshot to me. Couldn't stop laughing.

Posted by: sgreen37

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/06/11 06:24 AM

I'm pretty sure my heathen mommy is a women because she has long hair in the back. I haven't converted her yet though. I only have 2 women that are eligible for nursing. That's kind of weird though. Hopefully he didn't actually give birth to the baby lol.
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/06/11 06:38 AM

HEY? Hold on, what is wrong with one of us guys being a care taker to a baby? Yeah, true, i would HATE to give birth and my sincere condolences - and a heartfelt OUCH -to all you mothers out there, but still, we are in the 21st century and more of us guys are raising kids, k?
Posted by: Cheri29

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/06/11 08:00 PM

I tried
Click to reveal..
5 nursing mom's to convert him or her and it's not working, it's say's he/she is listening to the other mother's but I tried it like 10 times
and it's not working what am I doing wrong.
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/07/11 02:39 AM

Click to reveal..
You need to have 3, yes 3, pregnant women chatting to her to convert her.

Posted by: Cheri29

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/07/11 04:47 AM

thanks I finally got it to work and yes mine was a Female lol
Posted by: Ruaa

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/07/11 05:48 AM

lol i thought i was the only one who had a daddy for a heathen mommy (it was a shock I had to look twice just make sure I wasn't seeing things!!)
Posted by: arnie

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/07/11 11:08 AM

Perhaps, instead of referring to the "heathen mommy" we should talk about the "heathen dommy" or "heathen maddy". smirk wink
Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/07/11 05:07 PM

I got a heathen daddy too.... I thought I was the only one, so I came on here to make a thread, but I'm not! My "mommy" had the same name as one of my males, too, which was weird, so I changed it to Raj (first name I could think of). He/She has their own line on the family tree.
Anyway, here's my picture:
Posted by: stonzee

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/08/11 12:32 AM

Click to reveal..
I used three nursing mothers and put them all on the heathen mommy at the same time to talk mommy talk. She converted.

Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/08/11 07:04 PM

Was it a she or a he, stonzee?
Posted by: laurence

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/09/11 07:32 PM

-
We could get a little game:

"is it a nursing mommy or daddy?"

or a new clothes for the female? laugh
-
Posted by: stonzee

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/09/11 08:46 PM

It was a she. A blond blue eyed she. Her name is Tita.
Posted by: bajacalla

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/10/11 11:39 AM

I got a daddy heathen mommy, too. smile I thought that was very cool!
Posted by: emri

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/11/11 01:19 AM

I dont have one either.
Posted by: spec

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/11/11 02:37 AM

Oh, I thought I was the only one who had a Heathen Mommy-Daddy!! When I first looked at "her" I thought she looks like a man, then checked the detail screen and he is indeed a he! That is too funny! About time a man had a baby.
Posted by: rya2177

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/11/11 05:48 AM

I don't have a problem with a nursing mom, but my heathen mommy was a male named Dado...lol
Posted by: nuttyjuls

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/11/11 04:37 PM

I thought it was great one of my nursing mums was actually a dad. Very new age. brilliant.
I did search for the topic but it didn't show up.
Posted by: Birdlady

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 01/12/11 06:10 AM

My "mother" was also male...nice change to see a male take care of the babies for a while!
Posted by: angelofswed

Male mom - 01/19/11 05:53 PM

It is a bug ore something crazzy
Posted by: PinkNailPolish

Re: Male mom - 01/20/11 02:26 AM

lol, I also got a heathen mommy daddy. I dropped a female villager on him to see if they could reproduce, but he ran and the thing at the bottom said "She's nursing a baby!"
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Male mom - 01/20/11 04:00 AM

I found an "actual" heathen mommy, laugh just look at the hair and "dress"!
Posted by: Annic

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/12/11 12:46 AM

I got my heathen parent converted, and he turned out to be male. So there is this male walking around showing his baby things and nursing. Hope he can nurse the baby OK!
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/12/11 01:07 AM

If it is a male then the game should call him "Heathen Daddy".
Only females can be "Heathen Mommy"!

By the way, I got a heathen mommy too!

Posted by: LisaRae

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/15/11 07:55 AM

Is the heathen mommy required to "complete" the game? Should he/she be there from the beginning? I did not purchase my game direct from LDW and do not have a nursing heathen. Thanks

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/15/11 11:34 AM

The heathen mommy is a bonus puzzle only included in the LDW version. If you bought the game from elsewhere it won't be included.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/15/11 04:09 PM

I want to clarify a little bit: the heathen mommy puzzle was a limited-time puzzle that was available for about a month after the game was released. It was a bonus puzzle exclusively for early purchasers of the game and has now been removed. laugh
Posted by: hartwell

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/16/11 12:05 AM

Your clarification answers why I now have an incomplete game. If I had been warned that downloading the game fixes would remove the bonus puzzle I would not have done so. I am rather annoyed especially as I purchased the game early so I would get that extra puzzle.
You really need to make a special version which includes the bonus puzzle and fixes only accessable by the people who purchased early or supply us with a free CD with it on.
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/16/11 02:01 AM

Well, wait a minute. So, if we bought the game early, but then we update it to fix the glitches, we lose the puzzle for any new tribes we start?

That seems rather... unfair.

I guess we can keep the .exe file of the old version, use it to start any new tribes, and then switch to using the new version's .exe once the tribe is under way. That seems convoluted to me, though.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/16/11 02:33 AM

We aren't intending to be unfair. The update was announced by Arthur several days before the puzzle was removed in the hopes that our fans would see it and download the update. We do understand that many people will not have seen the announcement, but that is an issue that cannot be handled in the forums. Please submit our Support Form and explain exactly what happened, so that we can assist you further.
Posted by: Made in England

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 02/22/11 01:16 AM

It would have been helpful if you'd sent an email to everyone who purchased the early version that there was an update and to get it before the puzzle was taken out. Not all of us visit the forum on a regular basis. You must have a record seeing as you have to send a confirmation email to everyone who buys from you.

I'm not very happy that you just 'hoped' everyone would see Arthur's announcement. I loved the Heathen Mommy puzzle.

Hope

BTW I've sent a message to Support
Posted by: poofy

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 03/08/11 08:30 PM

Im working on puzzle 17. But I dont have a heathen mom. How do you get one. I bought the early version but I havent seen a heathen mom. Do you have to do something.

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 03/08/11 10:41 PM

When did you buy VV5? The heathen mommy puzzle was only in the game for one month after VV5 was released, until approximately the end of January 2011.
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 03/25/11 10:59 PM

I visit the forum almost every day - but I had not seen the update. Anyway it is much funnier, if the game is not too perfect. I 've decided to keep my first version with the heathen mommy puzzle smile

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 03/26/11 03:20 AM

As Barbara stated above, you can write into Support and I can assist you. smile
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 04/09/11 06:23 PM

Thank you - I'll try it smile
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 04/11/11 02:24 PM

I noticed thy don't have the Heathen mummy now I wish I kept the other version saved on a desk and played that on another computer bigger laptop maybe in a future time. Still that's gone now.

By the way I had all 17 solved within that time period up and running village before I downloaded the up dated one only when I decided to start a new game in the 2sd one down so had 2 games on the go, that's when I discovered there was no heathen mommy. Silly me I thought don't have this puzzle in next game one starts. Want back to my first game, and that's when it dawned on me was taken out. what puzzled me is would the baby that was around at the time when it left it's mom age of 2 still be in the game, I don't think I noticed that part. this was after it was solved.

Originally Posted By: laurence
-
We could get a little game:

"is it a nursing mommy or daddy?"

or a new clothes for the female? laugh
-

Now i understand why they took the puzzle out because of this glitch only wish mine was a daddy before it want, oh well

Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) - 04/11/11 09:15 PM

The puzzle was removed because it was exclusive content available to LDW customers who purchased the game within the first month of release. If you bought it directly from us, during January, simply fill out a Support Form with your purchase information, and I'll be happy to assist you with a copy of the game with the Heathen Mommy.

As LadyCFII states here:

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Arthur designed the game to produce both male and female genders of the "Heathen Mommy." ...
smile
Posted by: Taco Freak

Heathen Mommy is a... a... a... BOY!!!!! - 04/02/13 10:04 PM

I converted the heathen "mom" it was a dude!! I heard rumors of it but never believe it until now.
How many people had a guy or girl or can't remember?

Re: Heathen Mommy is a... a... a... BOY!!!!! - 04/03/13 01:18 PM

My first and second heathen moms turned out to be boys. I'd seen forum mention of it before so I knew it wasn't a bug, but I did wonder if they were all boys. On the third or fourth occasion, though, I got a female heathen mom, and since then I think, but can't be sure, that males outnumbered females for me.
Posted by: VF_Life

Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/26/14 01:36 AM

I also have another question. One time I was playing Virtual Villagers 5 when I chose all girls one bcame a boy is that normal.
And I want to get the Heathen Mommy puzzle how can I get it.

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/26/14 02:21 AM

Hi Christopher. Unfortunately the Heathen Mommy puzzle is no longer available. It was exclusive content available to LDW customers who purchased the game directly from LDW within the first month of release. The game was released late December 2010.

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/26/14 06:00 PM

But you didn't answer my other question. Which has nothing to do with the Heathen Mommy.
This is what happened I was choosing my people and they were all girls and one turned into a boy. Why did it do that?

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/26/14 11:31 PM

After you chose your tribe and began playing your game, did you happen to click "Yes" when the game asked you if you needed help? If so, you would have gotten the message shown below. Selecting "No" would have allowed you to play with all 5 of the villagers you had chosen. smile

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/26/14 11:47 PM

Yes, I did but I didn't know that would really affect the game. And where did you get the picture.

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/27/14 12:44 AM

It's a screenshot of a new savegame that I created in another slot to show you. smile If you really want a tribe of all females then just start a new game in another slot (you have 5 games slots). When asked if you need help, click "No."

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/27/14 02:46 AM

I also have another question what happens if you grant youth to a nursing mother
Posted by: Azhlynne331

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 11/27/14 12:35 PM

If you grant youth to a nursing mommy she becomes a kid but still takes care of the baby. It is kind of funny to see a kid running around with a baby. Lol

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 12/01/14 05:00 AM

And I also have something I wanted to share it never did except with my family. One time I downloaded the trial to VF2 and after switching files my file 1 was deleted. Then it happened on vv5 after playing it for 2 months so as you can imagine I was upset. So I thought maybe it was a glith then a month later it happened on plant tycoon.
So here's what I am asking
Why is it only file 1
Why is it happening
Can it be fixed

PS here is some information
Windows 8 64 bit
Big Fish Games

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 12/01/14 11:10 AM

You'll normally have to contact Big Fish Games support about that. This forum only supports games sold direct by Last Day at Work, not those sold via game portals, who typically add their own copy protection or other code to the game.

However, by 'File 1' do you mean the savegame file - named 'Isola21' or similar? On occasion a save fails for some reason, especially if the game doesn't close down normally. That's the reason for the backup savegame files (Isola221 or whatever), which you can rename and use instead of the lost file. See the FAQ.

Re: Heathen Mommy puzzle - 12/01/14 01:49 PM

I just found out back in November. But I didn't know the backups were updated too I made my own backups after the incident.