Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Rockmower

Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 11/24/10 04:46 AM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 9 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: RoseRed

Re: the heathens - 01/05/11 04:57 AM

I keep using the
Click to reveal..
time warp god power on an esteemed elder...over and over again for the build off challenge.
It doesn't work.
Tried it about 12 times now.

Re: the heathens - 01/05/11 05:06 AM

13 times now. Very frustrating. Wasting energy.
What am I doing wrong?
Click to reveal..
My Esteemed Elder is old and probably going to die before I figure this one out.
She is a Master Builder, Scientist and Devotee.

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: the heathens - 01/05/11 05:10 AM

Are you
Click to reveal..
using the power before or after starting the build-off?

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 05:13 AM

I've tried both before and after.
Sorry, I can't find the function to hide spoilers. Been awhile since I've been on these boards.

My Elder just turned 60 and is slow now. Is she just too slow for the challenge maybe?

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 05:25 AM

Yeah, it's not a good idea to use any slow peep. Have you tried
Click to reveal..
Making her young first, then using the time warp?

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 05:30 AM

I don't have
Click to reveal..
the Youth God Power yet. I'll try that when I get it. In the meantime, I will work on getting another Elder, just in case.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 05:41 AM

That's a good idea! laugh

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:08 PM

Still not working. Is it bugged maybe?
Click to reveal..
Does it have to be an Esteemed Elder or just a Master Builder?

Posted by: skipper45mn

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:36 PM

I have found that it does take a bit longer to go from adept to master. As for the challenge with the heathen master builder you need
Click to reveal..
a master builder construction level 3 and the time warp god power that is all I had. when I did it. I did try it with construction level 2 and failed.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:39 PM

Click to reveal..
You don't need an Esteemed Elder, although it's always a good idea to have a few of those around for other important aspects of the game.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:47 PM

I have the
Click to reveal..
level 3 construction and tried both Master Builder and an Esteemed Elder with Master Builder.
I tried using the power before the build-off and when that didn't work, tried using it after the build-off.
I just can't figure out what I am missing here.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:48 PM

Is the heathen master builder right there when you try it?

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 06:56 PM

Yes. He is building his frame, finishes before I do and then it says that he is not impressed and he chases me away.

I just have a feeling I am missing something silly and I'm getting frustrated with myself lol

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 07:11 PM

Maybe you should tell us exactly what you're doing, and in what order, since it seems like you have everything you need to make this work.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 07:39 PM

Okay, I got it.

Click to reveal..
Apparently, when you click the villager to use the ability on, you have to keep the villager selected, hovering with her/him in mid-air.
At least, this is what finally worked for me.
Before, I was simply clicking on the villager and then clicking the Time Warp icon.

I knew it was something simple that was eluding me!

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 08:28 PM

That was it.
Click to reveal..
In order to use any power, you must first grab the power to select it, then click it where you want to use it - in this case, your builder.

Posted by: MustangGirl

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/05/11 09:07 PM

Well every time i try it my builder runs off and will not stay on the task and when i try to put him back on the task it says that the build off is not ready yet! what am i doing wrong? why will he not stay on the task?
Posted by: LZN

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/06/11 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MustangGirl
Well every time i try it my builder runs off and will not stay on the task and when i try to put him back on the task it says that the build off is not ready yet! what am i doing wrong? why will he not stay on the task?

I've got the same problem. I tried using the god power on the villager before and after putting him on the task. He always run off to do something else.
Posted by: keri

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 03:15 AM

I tried with construction 3 and master builder, she ran off in the middle. Well, disappeared before my very eyes I should say. Perhaps this shouldn't be tried with a runner LOL!

And again with a different esteemed elder, master builder. Again he ran off before it was done and then it won't let you restart; have to wait on the power again.

*sigh* The Heathen was not impressed.
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 06:15 AM

There is a very certain timing trick that i succeeded at first time, not bragging, but
Click to reveal..
First wait until your designated Master Builder ( i developed my lover of running to be the Building Maven) when set right next to the Heathen Master is noticed by the believer. Pause the game. Then with two hands ready, click the clock god power, unpause and right after you click that power on your believer and quickly hit pause again. This makes the dust devil stop and you can grab her/him and set him on the Heathen's square to start the race, unpause and watch for some dueling builders!

Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 10:02 AM

Don't put the villager in the build-off area until you've administered the god power and caught up with him/her again after s/he runs off. Use the details button to focus on the villager and s/he can usually be found fairly quickly. Once caught and picked up, drop on the build-off area.
Posted by: jvbs

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 04:28 PM

I am so totally frustrated!!!
Click to reveal..
I have tried every way described in this thread, with 7 different master builders. I have level 3 in every tech except medicine. I have used the god power before and after, I have paused, I have tried it every way possible. Is my game bugged??? No matter which order I follow, the MB starts work then vanishes only to be found somewhere else. When I take him or her back, they won't start work again.
This is the only piece of the necklace I don't have.

never mind. Finally on about the 200th try, it worked

Posted by: tracylynn20

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/10/11 01:39 AM

My heathen master has disappeared, I cannot find them anywhere?? I have torn down the blocking totem and cleared the debris but he is no where to be found? Any ideas?
Posted by: Sailorben

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/10/11 02:41 AM

He often wanders around the scene, very slowly so is gone for a while. Also if it rains he joins the other heathens in the sheltered area and doesn't come back out till it's sunny again, then makes his way "home" very slowly. If this doesn't explain his absence I don't know what to tell you!
Posted by: tracylynn20

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/10/11 03:26 AM

Thank you, he has been gone for hours now, I can see the sheltered area now and he is nowhere to be found rain or shine. I have tried closing the game, starting the build off, looked everywhere? I think he is gone for good I don't know if I had an event where he joined the believers? I am playing 2 tribes and I really can't remember. Thanks again for trying to assist.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/10/11 03:55 AM

I've added the heathen masters to those we need to check and exclude from certain Island Events, just in case.
Posted by: ayoayo

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/11/11 06:33 PM

Every time, my villager STARTS
Click to reveal..
building but then gets distracted and then runs away and fixes huts or goes crazy
. Why won't they STAY at the site?
Posted by: smjjames

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/11/11 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ayoayo
Click to reveal..
building but then gets distracted and then runs away and fixes huts or goes crazy

I think your villager is too distracted, use a different one.

Click to reveal..
You did use a certain god power on the villager, right?

Posted by: jenunique

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/11/11 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Originally Posted By: ayoayo
Click to reveal..

I think your villager is too distracted, use a different one.

Click to reveal..
You did use a certain god power on the villager, right?

Just in case this is a spoiler...Having the same issue.
Click to reveal..
Is distraction really an issue? I mean, I think I am noticing a slight progression of the framework, but, it could be in my imagination. smirk Maybe this needs to be done multiple times-- however frustrating it is to have to wait on energy refill.

Update:
Click to reveal..
Answered my own question. smile

Posted by: Whimsey

Master Builder challenge, can't keep villager on task - 01/11/11 11:03 PM

Sorry, I couldn't find anything about this in Search. I know how to convert the Master Builder, I have the right power, I've tried it with 5 different villagers and still keep running up against the same problem. Even the villager I trained *only* in building wont stay on task! He keeps running off to do something else. And once he's left the spot, it resets the puzzle, so its no good bringing him back. If you've solved this, how did you keep him at it?
Thanks

edit: BTW, I really looooove this game!
Posted by: VinyaOst

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/12/11 02:55 AM

Click to reveal..
The heathen Master Builder has converted - how do I get the last necklace piece?

Posted by: smjjames

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/12/11 03:04 AM

Click to reveal..
Same way as you got the others, have someone pick it up.

Posted by: Sailorben

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/12/11 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: tracylynn20
I think he is gone for good I don't know if I had an event where he joined the believers? I am playing 2 tribes and I really can't remember.

If you have already converted him
Click to reveal..
there will be no construction stuff where he normally sits; that disappears once he's converted. If it's still there and he's not you may have a glitch. You should also have his necklace piece. smile

Posted by: VinyaOst

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Click to reveal..
Same way as you got the others, have someone pick it up.

Click to reveal..

It's not there - he converted through an island event, not the build off.

Posted by: CEO

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 03:08 AM

Like many previous posters i've used the correct power on the correct person in the correct order. But like others, my builder warps away in the middle of the project. It is VERY frusterating to have to wait anotehr hour to get the power back to try again ... It must be due to number of tries

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 10:20 AM

You're starting the project too early.
Click to reveal..
Don't give warp power to the builder during the project. Instead, give it to him before, then catch up with him and drop him in the build-off area to start.

Posted by: catlikegrace

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/18/11 06:28 AM

I'm having some trouble with beating the Heathen Master Builder at a build-off. I have a villager who has maxed out building and is actually an Esteemed Elder on top of that, but whenever she challenges him, she finishes building well behind him and he is not impressed. I think it's because he is a runner...he runs and hurries to finish while my villager works more leisurely.

What should I do?
Posted by: PollyMT

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/18/11 12:42 PM

You need to

Click to reveal..
use time warp on your master builder

Px
Posted by: bethie

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/23/11 01:40 AM

Grrrr!! It keeps happening, even when I time warp my master builder BEFORE I start the challenge, he still runs away and won't work on the challenge, what am I doing wrong??
Posted by: bethie

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/23/11 02:42 AM

several tries later, I got it, I just waited longer after time warping my builder before I dropped her on the challenge.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 01/24/11 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: bethie
Grrrr!! It keeps happening, even when I time warp my master builder BEFORE I start the challenge, he still runs away and won't work on the challenge, what am I doing wrong??

Nothing. Just catch him and then start him off on the challenge. Just don't try to start the challenge THEN give him the
Click to reveal..
time warp!

Posted by: Dragoness

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:12 PM

I honestly think there is a bug with this puzzle. No matter what I try this is not working.
Click to reveal..
Just like the others I am having trouble with my master builder running off after starting the challenge and you can't put them back because now the challenge needs to be reset. I have tried 3 times with 3 different master builders. I am using the time warp on them before starting, grabbing them when they warp away, then putting them on the challenge where they start then run off.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:16 PM

We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our test computers - it works first try every time for us. In order to analyze this situation, we would need to know exactly how to reliably make it happen and would appreciate any insights anyone can provide into how to recreate this.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:26 PM

I wish I knew how it was happening so I could do the opposite frown

Please tell me if my method is sound to make SURE its not just me.
Click to reveal..

I have ALL tech researched. This is my last necklace piece. All totems are down. Everything is built. 2 blue Heathens left, should convert sometime today. I am using master builders, my first try was with a Jack of All Trades, but he has since died. I am waiting for the purple builder to be in his area, then bringing my villager over and placing him/her nearby. Once I am ready, I use the power on the villager and grab him/her as soon as I can and place him/her on the challenge. My villager starts the challenge, but then leaves to do other things and I am right back at square one.
Does it seem like I am doing everything I should be doing? I honestly can't figure out where I am going wrong if this is an error on my part.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:32 PM

You have all the right steps in the right order. This may be a case of timing and certain conditions not being exactly right at the moment you start the task. Have you clicked on the heathen master to see what he or she is doing before you start? Have you tried not being so quick at putting your builder on the task after using the TW?

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:38 PM

The last try I checked him first and he was "staring into space" and I also tried waiting a bit longer. I am going to go see if I am recharged enough to try again now, if not I will try again when i get home from "park day" (homeschool) tonight.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:41 PM

Nope, not enough energy to try now. Will try this evening when I return home.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:44 PM

Well, the heathen is doing the right thing, as well. We many need to have you (or someone) try a few times, noting what the heathen does throughout the attempt, as well as what your builder's actions are. Sometimes these are very tricky things to diagnose.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 09:57 PM

OK I have a few extra minutes, just changed game speed to 'fast' so I should have enough to try in a few minutes. I will record the results and post them. I bet it will work, lol

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:08 PM

And.....it worked. No idea why, I did everything the same. The only thing I could see is that I think in order
Click to reveal..

to be fast enough and not run off the villager has to actually disappear after you use the power on them

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:20 PM

I am thinking that it's a timing issue, and that if you're too quick at putting your builder on the task, they will not finish it. It makes sense that, as people get more frustrated, they try to be quicker, which is exactly what shouldn't be done. I'll see if I can do some checking on this possibility.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:27 PM

I did notice on the last 3 tries before it worked none of the villagers I tried it on actually got
Click to reveal..

fast enough to disappear, they ran fast but I could always see them.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:29 PM

Thanks - I'll specifically check for that.

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:35 PM

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot smile

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/11/11 10:47 PM

Thank you for being observant and willing to try things out that were helpful. laugh
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 02/17/11 11:49 PM

This is how I found how to do it after
Click to reveal..
I saw what the time warp did to a villager so I thought I try out the build off challenged so use it on a master builder and he won and got the another peace of the nick-less and I got her on our side a beleaver

Click to reveal..
When I use the time wrap on a villager but before you do make sure who he or she is as they are hard to catch, then go to your villager details and you be able to locate him/her and then put him/her to the build off

Posted by: Cyborg

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 05/24/11 06:41 PM

Click to reveal..
The first time I tried the build-off puzzle I put the villager on the building supplies before using the time warp. When I used it on him while he was in the build-off he jetted off towards the huts to repair them. I grabbed him and took him back to continue but he just stood there and shook his head. When the time warp wore off and I had enough energy I took the builder back to try it again. Before placing the builder on the supplies to start I used the time warp on him then placed him on the supplies ad it worked like a charm. I guess thats what you have to do use the time warp on the builder then put him/her on the supplies.
I hope thid works for anyone who needs it. P.S. I couldn't find the spoiler button sorry if I am doing this wrong.
Posted by: mysteryshrimp

Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) - 07/02/11 12:21 AM

I've learned a trick to get the builder to not run off.

Click to reveal..
I make my builder study medicine, then use time warp while he's in the hospital. He'll be busy in the hospital for quite some time, and you'll be able to catch him no problem. I also guess that you could do the map-button-floaty-thing, where you would pick up your builder and press the M key before setting him down.