Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Rockmower

Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 11/24/10 04:43 AM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 7 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: msnana

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 07:29 AM

Do you need something a certain lvl of something because it keeps saying they need more patience.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 07:35 AM

I think you mean "practice". smile

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 07:36 AM

oh dang. That might be why it didnt make any sense to me.

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 07:37 AM

so that mean they need to be master builder or lvl 2 of construction.

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 07:43 AM

I try one thing and if that doesn't work then I try something else and I keep trying until something works. smile
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 09:25 AM

Yes, your villager(s) will need to be a Master in the appropriate area.
Click to reveal..
However, you should try to convert the heathen in that area first. The reason I suggest converting the heathen first, is because he has something you will need later. grin

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 12/31/10 10:38 AM

thanks.
Posted by: scallerbar

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/02/11 02:45 PM

Click to reveal..
Everything I have tried has not worked due to the guy with the red mask. I have 2 masters working on it and have hit the the red mask dude with lightening, twice then bees as I don't have enough power left for 3rd strike and still they have only completed around 20% before he is bk chasing them away. I occupy the 5 yellow masks [thats another thing i haven't figured out yet how to convert them ] with the children to try and give them free rein to get it done, but they are way to slow.

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/02/11 08:02 PM

Sounds like those 2 masters are working really hard. Perhaps they could
Click to reveal..
use more help.

Posted by: Zuleika

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/02/11 08:57 PM

I've tried
Click to reveal..
three master builders and they couldn't get it done either. This is partly because there's now a huge crowd there from the first few puzzles. I maybe should have waited to do the Rainbow Totem, but I needed something to work on to try to get another Master Builder. Sigh.

So now I need
Click to reveal..
at least one more Master Builder and the only way to train them is on the mausoleum or wait until tomorrow when I have enough tech points to level up and build the last hut or the sculpture.

I had trouble from the beginning because the original villager I brought with me with
Click to reveal..
building skill turned out to be SLOW both in learning and in moving back and forth. I ended up getting my second master builder just after the first with one of my other original villagers who had already mastered his first skill.
I will not miss this guy. There were no likes or dislikes that suggested he'd be a bad worker or learner.
Posted by: Jessl

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/02/11 10:30 PM

Well there is another trick...
Click to reveal..

where you can do it with only one master. They only repair the totem while you are playing. So hit them with the lightning as many times as you can, let your master builder work on the totem. When they come back, turn off the game and log on some time later. Then you have enough power for another lightning. The percentage of the totem remains the same when the games is off.
It will take some patience, but it works

Posted by: JumpyJennie83

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/03/11 05:07 PM

How do I convert them? When I try to do the Challenge she beats the socks off of me shes so quick.
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 12:25 AM

Click to reveal..
So, finally got the blocking totem down, but I notice the heathens keep going to repair it. Am I going to have to always keep dismantling it?

Nevermind. Ran them away with bees and they stopped.
Posted by: ShrinkingViolet

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 11:35 AM

I assume you mean the building challenge...? This is because...

Click to reveal..
You need to have obtained the God Warp power. This is the penultimate power you can obtain (I think, not got there myself yet!) You will need to work on your conversion skills!

It does state this in the official guide - do you not have it...?

Sarah
Posted by: Zuleika

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 04:57 PM

Click to reveal..
No, time warp power is not the ultimate power. It's 8 of 11, I believe. But you do need time warp to beat the Master Builder.

Posted by: ShrinkingViolet

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/08/11 12:24 PM

Zuleika

I didn't say ULTIMATE power, I said PENultimate (you do know what that means, don't you...?), but at least I now know I don't have that long to go before I get there... grin

I know the ultimate power is the...

Click to reveal..
Earthquake Power

Posted by: TorNis

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/08/11 10:12 PM

OMG..so many masked guys wants to blocked graveyard, percentage is getting ridiculous high frown
Posted by: Cindy522

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/09/11 06:53 PM

I know I need
Click to reveal..
master builders
, but Ive only been able to get one
Click to reveal..
tribe member to that point
, even while actively/purposefully trying. I do have all levels of construction. I have not
Click to reveal..
gotten the Heather MB converted.

I ONLY want to know if its a glitch that I can only create
Click to reveal..
one Master Builder
, or if its meant to be that way.

We have
Click to reveal..
many other "later" puzzles done
, making me wonder.

Thank you
(I LOVE the cover the spoiler feature, even in the spoilers threads) THIS version is great since we ARE figuring it out ourselves, rather than bizarre unrelated solutions to some puzzles, thanks for that. In this case, I know what I'm looking to do
Click to reveal..
including using the bees, etc, but the one MBuilder is just not gonna be enough

Posted by: Cindy522

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 01/11/11 10:49 PM

OK... I got past my question above. Glitch or not, I was eventually able to create more of what I needed! (not a glitch, it finally happened at a point which made sense)
Posted by: cindyls

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 02/12/11 09:37 AM

I think I will have to restart the game in order to get this puzzle done!
I can't seem to make a master builder anymore. I have built things and still only have two adept ones.[s]
Click to reveal..
I know you can't convert the Heathen one until you have a master builder to beat him.
It's a catch 22 thing.
Click to reveal..
I can't make a regular master builder so I can't convert the Heathen one, so I can't get the blocking totem down.
I do have Level 2 Construction. Sigh. I guess I'm paying for almost losing my tribe at the beginning when I was down to a population of one and built it up ;-)
Click to reveal..
So, any tips on how to make an adept builder into a master one? Oh, I built the nursery school and all the huts plus repaired the aqueduct and dismantled the Pain Totem and the one near the lab and the Rainbow one.

Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 02/12/11 06:29 PM

Just set him on Building and turn the game off for an hour or two (make sure your tribe has enough food). He'll gain skill by repairing huts and polishing the statue, and it will go faster than if you babysit him.
Posted by: hurrihottie

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 02/14/11 05:42 AM

i guess im lucky....didnt need warp power or lighting to do this one
Posted by: Dragoness

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 02/15/11 08:37 PM

Uggg, this puzzle is driving me nuts on my second tribe.
Click to reveal..
One of the red heathens is a runner so he comes back too soon and I can only get one of my builders to master despite trying for 3 days now. Ugggg!

Posted by: Narasan

Re: Questions about puzzle 7 (contains spoilers) - 03/11/18 10:48 AM

Everytime I try to have the building challenge with the Heathen Builder. my master building runs to fix a hut. I have tried with different master builders and they all do the same thing, run to fix a hut. Anyone got any ideas on what to do?