Questions About The God Powers

Posted by: Rockmower

Questions About The God Powers - 11/24/10 04:52 AM

Please ask any questions you have about the God Powers in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: DarcyPhin

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 12/31/10 09:10 AM

Click to reveal..
I have angry guards around the knowing totem. How much energy do I need to get a lightening bolt so I can get rid of them?!

Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/01/11 02:46 AM

Click to reveal..
A lightning bolt takes 100 energy points. smile

Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/02/11 12:48 AM

I have a question. I have gotten my way up to the
Click to reveal..
"Hand of Bloom"
special ability and I now have 287 Energy points, (The max so far) and I was wondering how do you get the
Click to reveal..
"Thunderstorm"
special ability?

Note: I have Lvl 2 of everything.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/02/11 01:12 AM

If you look at page 16 of the game guide, you'll see a section about the powers, which says, in part:
Quote:
As your tribe grows, new God Powers will be unlocked.

Posted by: mariner3b

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/03/11 08:40 PM

I'm at max population - 90. I still have all my yellow and red heathens to convert. I still don't have the last 2 god powers. Once i have all the collections will i then be able to increase population and therefore get the remaining 2 powers?
Posted by: cmastro

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/03/11 09:02 PM

I had the same annoying-ness when trying to convert my heathens. You need to collect lots (not all) of *new* relics. This is the key laugh

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/03/11 09:07 PM

thank you cmastro. I only have 2 more relics left to find. And 3 more of science.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/04/11 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: mariner3b
thank you cmastro. I only have 2 more relics left to find. And 3 more of science.

Um the science collectibles don't help with getting more energy/powers. Only the relics do that. Other than that, you get more energy (thus more powers) by increasing your population. Completing some tasks (such as finishing the statue will also increase the amount of energy/powers you have access to.
Posted by: Zuleika

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/04/11 08:19 PM

Points needed for each power:
Click to reveal..
Butterflies -- 10
Bees -- 25
Sunshine -- 50
Lightning -- 100
Hand of Bloom -- 150
Tempest (Rain) -- 300
Fog of Doom -- 400
Time Warp -- 500
Revive -- 600
Grant Youth -- 700
Earthquakes -- 800

Posted by: msnana

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/04/11 09:09 PM

thanks. I was just gonna ask about that.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 01:02 AM

I've tried to "bring a fallen believer back" with the revive energy and can't figure out how to do it properly. Any tips?
Posted by: red3080

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 01:54 AM

they have to be a skeleton
Posted by: ArmyWifeCarson

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 02:36 AM

I used the Youth power on my favorite villager, who happened to be nursing at the time and got this:

Click to reveal..

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 02:39 AM

Oh now that is just too funny!

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 02:54 AM

It won't be quite as funny when you realize that she will be carrying that baby around until she reaches the age where she would have weaned the baby after nursing it normally. eek
Posted by: Mouzzee

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 04:09 AM

Where is the guide?

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 04:28 AM

You can look here in the topic about the guide. smile
Posted by: ArmyWifeCarson

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
It won't be quite as funny when you realize that she will be carrying that baby around until she reaches the age where she would have weaned the baby after nursing it normally. eek

OMG are you kidding me??? It says she only has 90minutes left...now she has like 13 years??? Good Lord....lol.Poor kid!My arms get tired carrying mine around for an hour, can't imagine years!!

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 05:26 AM

The nursing timer will remain at 90 minutes for a long time. eek

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 06:03 AM

Actually, that's even funnier!
Posted by: Jami

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 08:14 AM

I've tried to "bring a fallen believer back" with the revive energy and can't figure out how to do it properly. Any tips?

Click to reveal..
It's the most useless power - soon as I bring someone back, they die again. Don't even bother with it after you restore the fish. And what's with Earthquake the amazing appearing-disappearing power? Ug! I barely get it and then it's gone again!

Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 10:16 AM

I've used that power twice and both died right away. It would be great if I could use the revive and then make them younger, but I don't have enough energy to do that, though I am a fourth into the 800s. Not even sure if I could do it because they seem to die within a few seconds. So, I don't use the power, now.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ArmyWifeCarson

OMG are you kidding me??? It says she only has 90minutes left...now she has like 13 years??? Good Lord....lol.Poor kid!My arms get tired carrying mine around for an hour, can't imagine years!!

at least its not triplets

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 12:31 PM

i used the bring back the fallen and they lived for a few more years
Posted by: cindylouwho

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 06:39 PM

The strategy guide says your divine points, whatever they're called, are directly related to your village size. Mine seems to be stuck in the mid 600s. I have 65 tribal members and have completed all puzzles and tech upgrades. I have converted all the heathens excepting a few that required more 'god' power. Herein lies the problem. Does anyone know how large your village has to be before you get the 2 final powers? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted by: OkieD

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 06:42 PM

Click to reveal..
You have to increase your population.

Posted by: skipper45mn

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 06:47 PM

also have you collected all the relics????
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/05/11 09:22 PM

Click to reveal..
I got my last god power when I got 80-something people in my tribe. I had three relics left and six scientific items left at the time.

Posted by: aoltweety

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/06/11 12:16 AM

You can also restore your god power alot faster if you...
Click to reveal..
Polish the statue once its done.

Posted by: OptiTron

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/06/11 06:44 AM

OH no? i JUST read what i did NOT want to read... My 5 year old child is going to be carrying her twins, yes TWINS, around for 42 years? OMG, what a mess up i can be! Ah well, we learn from our mistakes, right? i hope! <G>

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/06/11 07:01 PM

Just awoke this morning and found out i must have abetter glitch in my game than some others. My mother is 5 with twins and only has 99 minutes before giving birth! Is that the youngest in record history? <G>

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/06/11 07:21 PM

The trophies list says I can use earthquakes to "reset" a project. How do I do that? I've tried hitting a building with an earthquake, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/06/11 07:54 PM

It won't work unless
Click to reveal..
your villagers haven't yet completed the project. It won't work on completed structures or the mausoleum.

Posted by: Aldrya

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/07/11 03:14 AM

Thats to funny..I just 'converted' the Pregnant Heathen..Who is yep a male, a nursing male..lolol..
Posted by: susie-e

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/08/11 04:00 PM

Is there actually any point in using the fog? By the time you have 400 energypoints, most of us would have already destroyed all totems, therefor having all heathens set away in the filthy campsite, where they are not bothering you at all... Is there something else with the fog?? extra collectibles maybe??
Posted by: skipper45mn

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/08/11 04:22 PM

you can use the fog
Click to reveal..
so your farmers can get some fish to the bin as they won't be seen by the yellow masks and they won't see the red masks

Posted by: ShrinkingViolet

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/08/11 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: cindylouwho
The strategy guide says your divine points, whatever they're called, are directly related to your village size. Mine seems to be stuck in the mid 600s. I have 65 tribal members and have completed all puzzles and tech upgrades. I have converted all the heathens excepting a few that required more 'god' power. Herein lies the problem. Does anyone know how large your village has to be before you get the 2 final powers? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Well that, to me at least, makes sense.

Click to reveal..
1-15 Believers = up to 150DE
15-20 Believers = 150-200DE
20-30 Believers = 250-300DE
30-40 Believers = 350-400DE
40-50 Believers = 450-500DE
50-60 Believers = 550-600DE
60-70 Believers = 650-700DE
70-80 Believers = 750-800DE
80-90 Believers = 850-900DE

At least that's what logic would dictate to me, but don't quote me on that, I've not got that far yet (I'm rubbish at these games - no patience, and I've lost about 6 tribes now because I go away and leave it on 'fast'!)
Posted by: scrappydu2

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/08/11 05:40 PM

Click to reveal..
Is your statue fully restored (must have lvl 3 construction and spirituality)This will gain you some powers
Posted by: TorNis

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/08/11 11:32 PM

What's the Sunshine for?

Slowly raising faith of villagers? Haven't noticed that. So what's then?
Posted by: smjjames

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/10/11 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TorNis
What's the Sunshine for?

Slowly raising faith of villagers? Haven't noticed that. So what's then?

I'm wondering that as well. Although it is useful for stopping rain to keep villagers from dancing in the rain/drinking rain/getting out of the rain.
Posted by: crystal clear

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/11/11 07:10 AM

So are there other projects you can reset with an earthquake other than the huts? I've built 3 population huts, a love hut and a clothing hut... I've finished the statue too. Is there any other?
Posted by: DaveF1

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/11/11 04:25 PM

Nursery?
Posted by: crystal clear

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/11/11 04:48 PM

done that one too frown I don't see how anyone could get that far into the game and not finishing the constructions...
Posted by: Jami

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/11/11 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: skipper45mn
you can use the fog
Click to reveal..
so your farmers can get some fish to the bin as they won't be seen by the yellow masks and they won't see the red masks

Click to reveal..
I haven't found that to be true - they run away even with the fog.

Posted by: goffam05

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/12/11 03:56 AM

I am wondering what uses people have used the powers for. For example...I use the bees to:

Click to reveal..
gain the chance to speak to the blue masks.

I use the butterflies to:

Click to reveal..
distract those little terror yellow masked kids, and also to draw the adult yellow masks away for a while to chase the kids.

I would love to know of some ways you have used the fog, revive, warp speed, and grant youth other than the obvious reasons.
Posted by: RoseArienh

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/12/11 11:10 AM

Click to reveal..
I have a question about the Grant Youth power. I have used this a few times, choosing villagers who are somewhat proficient in the Devotee category. I was hoping to retain teachers and give the opportunity to learn all the skills. But it seems that my villagers have a much slower rate of building mastery during their second life. For instance, I have a villager who was an Esteemed Elder by the time she was elderly, with four skills mastered. I made her a builder when she turned 14, and she is now about 30 years old and has still not mastered that skill.

Am I correct in the assumption that skill building takes longer in a villager's second life? What if I attempted a third?

Posted by: emri

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 06:17 AM

I love the Grant Youth God Power.I am so glad Arthur put it in the game.
Posted by: flowergirl986

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 07:21 AM

I have read through the other posts, and while my question topic has been hovered near, it has not been addressed out right. I have used the Grant Youth power on a few of my people to try and get them to be masters in everything. I have noticed that it does seem to take them longer to learn something on their additional youths, but I have just today noticed another annomoly. I have two female villagers who I granted youth to. After they grew up again, they had babies. Now they won't put the babies down. Ever. These are not babies that they were holding when youth was granted, but babies that came well after that fact. I have one who has been holding twins since she was 22 and is now 64. Will the twins appear with the other children when she dies, or will they die with her?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 09:50 AM

Your exact situation is described in this sticky post on item #3. smile

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 04:02 PM

I had a question a few up that I don't think any one read because I spoiler tagged it.

It's kind of an important question to me, and I wonder if someone could take the time and give me some advice?

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 05:26 PM

I did see the other thread, however, it says that the moms will eventually put down the babies, when they reach the age they were before the Grant Youth was used. My ladies are dying, at ages older than they were when I used the Grant Youth power on them, and the babies seem to be disappearing. So does it come down to never use the Grant Youth power on a woman because it will mess her up forever?

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 05:29 PM

I'm certainly no expert, however, that does seem to be what I am experiencing also. They seem to make almost no progress on skills after the Grant Youth power has been used on them. Hope that helps. smile

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/13/11 05:57 PM

RoseArienh, there is something else to consider that might account for what you're seeing. By the time you're able to use that power, most building projects have been completed. There simply are not as many opportunities for building skill advancement later in the game. Fixing huts and polishing the statue are not as effective at increasing skill as building projects are.

flowergirl986, we are examining the consequences that befall females in VV5 as a result of using certain powers on them.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/14/11 02:17 AM

I had this happen too, Flowergirl. My lady died of old age holding the baby, and I lost the baby with her (though it didn't show up in the grave). The game never returned to normal for her (the number three that was mentioned did not fit this scenario, as that post stated that she would have the baby when she reached the age where she had it the first time). I don't use time warp on moms carrying babies anymore. I did it as a test, and discovered that it doesn't work for me. wink

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/14/11 03:00 AM

Are you using Time Warp or Grant Youth? I want to be sure what you're using.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/14/11 03:14 AM

I used "grant youth". Oh, I just realized that I mis-typed when I stated "time warp". Sorry about that confusion! wink

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/14/11 03:25 AM

Thanks! Time Warp shouldn't cause the problems that Grant Youth causes.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/14/11 11:38 AM

Thanks for that answer. I'm still trying to figure out how to plan effectively for a tribe. I have another villager who was a master of farming, building and research when he became elderly and I granted him youth. He is probably in his 40's now, still trying to master healing, so I'm not sure if the problem is with all skills, or if no one really likes to study medicine. I'm certainly having to put student healers back in that area constantly.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/15/11 06:30 PM

Okay, I tried an experiment with one of my ladies. I took a 21 year old woman, with no child, and used the Grant Youth power. I waited until she was 26 and then "encouraged" her to have a baby. She is now 37 and the timer had not started to run on her nursing. I tried the suggestion made on the other board to drop a male on her until she said "waiting for someone", and that didn't start the timer either. So I guess she's stuck for life. My other mommies have all died without ever putting down their babies. The babies are gone too. So the moral of the story, don't use Grant Youth Power on any female villagers.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/15/11 09:07 PM

Are you sure that you had never used the Grant Youth power before? The woman does not have to be nursing a child when she becomes young for things to get messed up. However, whatever the case, we are still in the process of checking out the effects of the powers on nursing moms.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/15/11 10:24 PM

Yes, I am sure she was a first time user of "Grant Youth". That's why I picked her and made her my "Test". I even named her that. smile Anyway, she still has that baby and the timer is still not ticking. It wouldn't have made a difference if the baby's father had used Grant Youth, would it? I'm not sure about him... Maybe I'll do another "Test" in my other tribe. I haven't used Grant Youth there at all.
Posted by: Vicki S

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/17/11 03:03 AM

Also, use your fog to help you convert the heathens when they congregate at the dirt encampment! Worked like a charm for me.
Posted by: smjjames

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/17/11 03:30 AM

I just use the bee swarm to scatter them so that I can get them individually. Alot cheaper than using the fog.

Also, I wish there was a way to get rid of the rascal alot earlier and without having to use the glitch to force him away as I'm finding that I am doing that all the time.

TBH, I prefer it that way...
Posted by: PinkNailPolish

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/19/11 07:52 AM

lol, lol. I used the time warp power on my villager who dislikes running. I figured he would like being fast for a change. He's barely faster than a runner now. lol
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/29/11 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: ShrinkingViolet
Click to reveal..
1-15 Believers = up to 150DE
15-20 Believers = 150-200DE
20-30 Believers = 250-300DE
30-40 Believers = 350-400DE
40-50 Believers = 450-500DE
50-60 Believers = 550-600DE
60-70 Believers = 650-700DE
70-80 Believers = 750-800DE
80-90 Believers = 850-900DE

At least that's what logic would dictate to me, but don't quote me on that, I've not got that far yet (I'm rubbish at these games - no patience, and I've lost about 6 tribes now because I go away and leave it on 'fast'!)

Sorry about quoting you, but
Click to reveal..
I have 13 Believers and 170DE

Posted by: VVCX

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 01/29/11 05:02 AM

With max population
Click to reveal..
105 DE is at 925 and max is 1000 but getting that requires having max pop before converting last heathens and babies coming down on river.

Posted by: MaxCat

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 02/06/11 06:27 AM

I was specifically trying for the Zenga trophy on my third game and
Click to reveal..
I used the Earthquake power with the clothing hut. It reset lower but didn't give me the Zenga trophy.
Is this a glitch?
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 02/06/11 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MaxCat
Is this a glitch?

Sometimes you have to use your power more than once. It depends on how much (what %) was already built.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 02/07/11 02:04 AM

The ONLY thing i noticed sunshine was for was for a trophy.
Click to reveal..
First ya hit the village with rain, then with sun. Whoopee... yeah i mean yawn! So, ya get a trophy... almost as bad as that trophy that wants you to destroy a project with the earthquake power. Funny thing is, by the time one FINALLY gets enough god power to USE earthquake, all buildings are built and none will be razed. So, on my third and probably final stab at getting all trophies (this trophy was the only one i was not able to get in my previous two games) i am not building my school until all have been converted and i have my population at its highest ( to acquire earthquake). THEN i will start to build my school and immediately try to demolish it with Earthquake. What a sad trophy hunt!... I MISS MAKING SOUPS!

Posted by: Snugglebuggle

Stuck?! energy bar issue - 02/16/11 03:24 AM

i cant get the bar at the top to gain more than 533 points. the highest special i can see is the Time Warp. ive maxed all my techs and ive done every puzzle but the lake. i have almost all the artifacts and science ones. how do i get to 900 to unlock earthquake and revive?

Re: Stuck?! energy bar issue - 02/16/11 03:50 AM

Look at this post earlier in this thread.
Posted by: geneon3rd

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 03/05/11 08:20 PM

does anyone know what the fog of doom accomplishes?
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 03/05/11 09:49 PM

It makes it so the heathens can't see but believers will still be able to see.
Posted by: OperaLover

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/05/11 02:04 AM

This is good to know since I have 2 villagers in this situation. I have used the youth spell on several of my favorite villagers in order to make them Masters of All Skills. It doesn't seem to work. I made one a nursing mother and her time does not diminish; also the skill levels for the others does not seem to change even though it says that they have improved. Any suggestions?

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/05/11 05:44 AM

What version of the game are you playing, Operalover?

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/05/11 03:54 PM

Operalover, your villagers are gaining skill, even though it may not be immediately visible. There are two factors at work in what you're seeing. The first is that the skill bars are made up of "segments" and won't change until the villager has gained enough skill to move to the next segment, even though they are actually gaining skill with each successful task.

The second is that the amount of skill a villager gains with each task depends upon how skilled they already are and their innate learning ability. An untrained villager can show a noticeable change in the skill bar on the first successful attempt. As they become more skilled, the incremental change in their skill decreases as their skill increases. Once a villager becomes adept, the amount of additional skill they gain with each successful completion of a task is much smaller than it was when they were trainees. It can take only a few successes to go from untrained to trainee, and hundreds more successes to make it all the way to master.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/08/11 05:58 AM

Thank you for your response. I read that in the FAQs also. That is not really my problem. My "youth spell" nursing mother has been nursing 123 minutes for days. I have no problem with any of my other villagers, just the ones that have had the "youth spell". I used it on them to be able to make them Masters of All Skills. Will this work? They don't seem to progress at all. I know it takes a long time and I'm very patient, but they are reacting much differently than my regular villagers. Thank you for your help!
Oh! BTW, I'm using VV5 PC Windows
Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/08/11 10:39 AM

Quote:
My "youth spell" nursing mother has been nursing 123 minutes for days.

That's the main problem that the latest update was introduced to fix. If you haven't already, I suggest you download and install it.

I don't think it will be able to fix the problem with that particular villager (although I could be wrong), but it should ensure that in future it doesn't occur.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/08/11 11:08 AM

If you bought the game elsewhere, you will need to contact the place of purchase for the update, OperaLover smile If you install our version (if you purchased it elsewhere) it will cause your game to revert to trial mode.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/08/11 10:10 PM

Yes, I did buy it elsewhere. (I didn't know you were here! I'm yours now!) Thank you so much for the info. I'll try it!
Posted by: jsweeney

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 04/25/11 02:10 AM

I have solved all the puzzles. I have earned all the trophies. I have 105 villagers. Why is my max power only 925? What is the trick to getting 1000?
Posted by: Maddy H.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 08/03/12 04:17 PM

Thanks i needed that chart to show me
Posted by: ErikB

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 07/23/14 03:14 PM

Is there a limit to using these powers?

The other night I tried to use the bee swarm and no swarms were brought forth (even though it did drain the energy).

Today it worked again, but after a while the grant youth had no effect (other than draining the energy), the rains kept pouring down, no bee swarms appeared and even no butterflies...

Note that I use the powers a lot.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 07/24/14 03:08 PM

Some additional info:
This morning things were working again, but just now no more powers...

I tried to count my actions and I came to:
10 * Grant Youth
9 * Instant Bloom
10 * Sunshine
16 * Bee Swarm
Of course I may have missed one or two...

After I closed the game and relaunched at least the bee swarm was working again. Unfortunately that was all I had energy for after the failed attempts...

Look like this might be a small bug in some counter that resets on relaunch
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 07/31/14 06:01 AM

Hello ErikB. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers. In order to help us understand what may be going on in your game, I'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions:

- What device (or computer) are you playing the game on? (e.g. PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- What operating system is running on the device or computer? (e.g. Windows 7, Mac OS 10.8, iOS 7, etc)
- Where did you purchase your game? If you're not sure where, the best way to check is to look in the lower left corner of the game's Menu Screen. The place of purchase should be located after the game's version number. If, for some reason, the distributor is not shown there, you can determine that information by starting the game and watching the intro screens. The first screen is always ours (Created by Last Day of Work). If you purchased the game from another game site, a second screen will be displayed that identifies the game site where you purchased the game.
- What is the version number of your game?
- When you use the Grant Youth power, do you use it on the same villager a number of times or different villagers?
- When you use the different powers, do you use them one immediately after the other, or do you space them out?

Once we have the answers to these questions, we'll be better able to assist you. smile

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 07/31/14 03:48 PM

Hello MissKathy,

Thanks for responding. The issue is not really a big thing though. I simply close the game every now and then and relaunch. That way it is fine.

Still I'll try to answer your questions.
- I am playing the game on a desk top PC (purchased at a local supermarket)
- Operating system is Win 8.1
- After the version number it only states LDW (which I guess is yourself) and there is no second screen.
- Version is 1.00
- Grant youth is always on different villagers (though some have received it multiple times, I never use it before a villager turns 18 again)
-Usually I space out the powers except when I notice two things at about the same time (example: I grant youth and notice the crops are almost out) and except for the bee swarms (when the noni are low I always bring them up to 100 or above, so quite often 4 or 5 swarms in rapid succession, even before the previous swarm wears off)

Again it is not really a big deal and I completed the game anyway except for three trophies:
- All you can eat (56% completed)
- Never a dull moment (30% completed)
- Rub those sticks together (22% completed)
Also I think it funny to try and get as many peeps on Jack-of-all-Trade as possible: 30% completed (34 out of 110, including 11 dead ones). Only 6 so far that did not make esteemed elder yet (but they hold at least two masters each).
Not sure though whether I won't get bored before all this is done...
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 08/01/14 05:59 AM

Hello ErikB. Thank you so much for the additional information. smile The good news is that bug you've described was fixed in a previous update. YAY! The current version available on our website is 1.00.01. LDW.

Since you have version 1.00 with an LDW after it, it does sound like your game was purchased from us. If that's the case, all you have to do to update your game is to download and install our free trial version over your existing version. If your game was purchased elsewhere, you would need to contact that site in order to obtain the update, since installing our free trial version over it would make your game the free trial version.

For your convenience, here is the link to our current Windows version of Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers. Be sure to click the blue "Try It" button to download the free trial version.

Re: Questions About The God Powers - 08/28/14 03:40 PM

Thanks MissKathy.
I have been on vacation. Meanwhile I reached a point in the game where it is no longer such an issue. I only run it for short periods now and do no longer use most of the powers. Still seeing whether I can make all the trophies and still having three to go:
- All you can eat (84% completed)
- Never a dull moment (36% completed)
- Rub those sticks together (28% completed)
Also now have 68 JoaTs (61% of my entire tribe) with the other 42 on 5 masters each.