about wasp grouper

Posted by: Bluecoral

about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 01:46 PM

what exactly does it do? I've had six offsprings and they were all the same, with the grouper in the tank...
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 01:54 PM

You might want to have a look at the Fish Tycoon Guide . \:\) And the fish has to be in the tank, to take affect.

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 02:47 PM

it's in the tank. it says that "With this fish in your tank, pregnant fish have a chance of producing a baby not related to either parent! "
is it cause the possibilities are slim? or am i just having bad luck?

that makes 9 offsprings now and they're all the same

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 02:49 PM

Well... I think it just comes by random when you get the Wasp Grouper. Do you have the magic fish of fertility in your tank(s).

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 02:51 PM

ok gotcha, so there's no real percentage of chance involved, it just oscillates randomly?

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 02:54 PM

I'm guessing so...
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/10/07 03:31 PM

The Wasp Grouper affects a small percentage of babies. If you are breeding only a few fish, you will see not see a lot of mutations.

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/11/07 08:21 PM

ok.... it's been 22 babies now. All from the same type of fish (golden guppy) and they are ALL Golden Guppies. Isn't 20 a lot for there not to be mutation already?

at least i'm making loads of money though :))

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/11/07 08:25 PM

Well 20 is a tank full, so yeah, it should of mutated them.

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/11/07 08:35 PM

right, i've been breeding them in one tank with about 4 pregnant golden guppies plus the grouper and the greenfin Spotanus in it. So about 12 babies twice...
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/12/07 12:05 AM

It affects the mom, not the babies, per se. So you really only have a handful of fishies that could be affected. \:\)
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/12/07 03:03 PM

Did you make sure that the Grouper was in the tank when you mated the fish? I did what you're doing once, and didn't put the grouper in until after and it didn't affect any.
Just a side question... why are you trying to change the most valuable fish into something else?
\:\)
Marcey

Re: about wasp grouper - 02/12/07 05:08 PM

yep

... i just chose that one cause i already had a bunch of pregnant golden guppies right before i found the grouper... i always keep two of those anyway...