[CONTAINS SPOILERS] Unknown chemical question

Posted by: TerriDean

[CONTAINS SPOILERS] Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 04:27 PM

P.S. Sorry, folks....

Is the unknown chemical ALWAYS a bad move? Should I only use it on fish I'm willing to lose?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 04:41 PM

The unknown chemical can be very advantageous (or even produce a Magic Fish), but it shouldn't be used on a fish that you want to preserve. Since it affects only the fish in the tank that you place it into, it's easy to 'protect' fish from its effects - just move them to another tank prior to using the chemical.

If you search the forum, you'll find lots of discussion about the unknown chemical. \:\)

Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 05:16 PM

Thanks for the quick response!

So far, I've only read the bad things about it but since I'm sorta at a stand-still in the game right now, I think I'll give it a try. I am getting all of the same fish right now.

Thanks again!

Terri

Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 05:21 PM

It's easy to get stuck in a rut with your fish breeding. If you want another (cheaper) way to get unstuck, I have provided a method in this post that will soon have you producing new kinds of fishies! \:D

[SPOILER] Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 08:59 PM

OK I just want to report that I used the unknown chemical and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

What a waste of money!

I am still at one dead magic fish (#1) and two live ones....the orange snooper and the speckled leafish (Is that the right name?)....

Should I buy the unknown chemical again? I think I may need to buy the original batch once again and breed those to these? I wish they'd let us have 30 per tank instead of 20! WE NEED LARGER TANKS!!!!

Ok...when is FISH TYCOON 2 coming out?

It would be so cool to have seahorses to breed and sponges & dolphins & flounder, etc....

Bye,
Terri

Re: [SPOILER] Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 09:07 PM

The unknown chemical affects only a small percentage of the fish in a tank. If you use it when there are only a few fishies, you may very well "waste" that dose. As I said before, it can be very useful, but it takes some (expensive) experimentation to determine how to use it well.

If you have a lot of fish dying, you'd be better off spending your money on Fish Environment research and using the method that I outlined in the post that I linked to above. It's effective and costs none of your hard-earned Isola Bucks. \:\)

Re: [SPOILER] Re: Unknown chemical question - 12/26/06 10:39 PM

Actually, my fish are doing a lot better now. Just a random sickness here & there and I delete those troublemakers. I'll try the unknown chemical again. Thanks!
Posted by: Thiris

Re: [SPOILER] Re: Unknown chemical question - 01/30/07 09:29 PM

its a good idea to get common eggs ues the cheimcal when the tank is full of adult fishes age 20 and up then presto changeo
and sell all the fish u dont need
Posted by: Bluecoral

Re: [SPOILER] Re: Unknown chemical question - 02/08/07 11:23 AM

so far i only have 3 magic fish and two of those were found thanks to Unknown-Chemical! \:\)