$300 fish

Posted by: hurrihottie

$300 fish - 06/09/11 04:34 AM

so if you click on the poster it says some fish are worth up to $300. um which ones bc i have gotten all the magic fish and havent seen any that high in price..can anyone tell me?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: $300 fish - 06/09/11 05:43 AM

That's part of the mystery that is playing the game. laugh

However, you'll find that the Fish Tycoon Guide Forum has many helpful guides, including this one that includes a price list.

Good luck!
Posted by: hurrihottie

Re: $300 fish - 06/10/11 03:10 AM

well the price list, if accurate...has nothing close to that price..so i guess its a mystery fish..lol...thanks for the link
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: $300 fish - 08/27/11 12:35 AM

i was gonna ask about that topic here myself. I found EVERY fish with EVERY fin, all 441 versions and even made a great completed spread sheet. And the highest paying fish is $179.00, the Canary Fire Arrow. Nope, nothing comes close to 300 bucks. And i tried "warping" my extreme fish to see if there is a "hidden" fish. Spent 20 grand on the mutating fluids, again and again. No "unknown" change from the Twin-fin Shark and Spotanus. No change from the Silky fin fish of same breeds. Nothing. So what is this hidden fish? Anyone find out?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: $300 fish - 08/27/11 04:17 PM

Pricing is affected by the game difficulty that you have set, which can significantly influence the price that fish will sell for. However, even on normal difficulty, I have been able to sell certain fish for significantly more than $300. Also, each game you start will be a bit different, since some factors are randomized during initialization. You may have to play around with the pricing to find the best trade-off between selling speed and price. laugh

Re: $300 fish - 08/28/11 06:30 AM

Ah, thanks! I forgot about the ability to change prices. Not that i needed it. Was just curious to see if there were more hidden fish (Boo hoo, guess not). And since i did the game at normal difficulty, again a fact i forgot, i garnered average prices. So now i know. Greatly appreciate it! As always you all ROCK!!! But while we are on the subject, all other LDW games have modifying abilities and i found some awesome fish pics i was hoping to modify the given species in Fish Tycoon. But realized i cannot alter as I only have a .dat file... Is there a way to modify Fish Tycoon?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: $300 fish - 08/28/11 02:32 PM

Unfortunately, the images aren't accessible to the player in Fish Tycoon. We started packaging our games differently after that (Fish Tycoon was our first Windows game), but there isn't a way to modify Fish Tycoon's images.

Re: $300 fish - 08/28/11 10:59 PM

Aww, oh well! Too bad, so sad! <G> Thanks though, Barbara! Appreciate the prompt reply. Take good care!