What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have?

Posted by: Oldboy

What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/24/08 10:56 PM

Can anyone tell me how much of in impact does buying the various ornaments have on the game. Also what does the sea horse do. It doesn't seem to do much apart from take up additional space in the tank, as you lose a place that a REAL fish could use. If it doesn't do anything I can't see the point in getting it... for the above reason. Any suggestions?
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/24/08 11:45 PM

Uhh... I'm pretty sure the seahorse takes up no space. There has been a very good discussion about what people think seahorse does, try searching for them. ;\) And buying ornaments increase the beauty of your tanks, as well as the number of customers.

EDIT: LadyCFII corrected me about the seahorse taking up space, read her post below. \:\)
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/24/08 11:49 PM

The seahorse does take up the space of one fish, but the task of figuring out exactly what it does rests with the player. I'll never tell.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/24/08 11:58 PM

Hmmm OK then, thanks for that Barbara lol I'd better start doing a bit of research. Psst if any one knows you could alays PM me maybe "big Sister" won't notice

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 12:00 AM

and you kasey too. \:\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 12:02 AM

Nobody that I know of (at least here on our forums) has figured it out yet. \:\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 12:20 AM

Hmmm A challenge, I like that lol. I'll get back to you when I've found out, ........ Don't wait up, I think I maybe quite some time.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 12:31 AM

You might be... \:\)
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 02:44 AM

grrr, can we hypnotize LadyCFII?? i want to know \:\)

*sinister laugh* wahhahahaha
Posted by: Crazy VV3 Fan

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Robert1220
grrr, can we hypnotize LadyCFII?? i want to know \:\)

*sinister laugh* wahhahahaha

Here, take this hypnotizing ray! ha...ha...ha......ha...ha...ha......ha...ha...ha. lol \:D
Posted by: Krystal

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 03:51 AM

Check this out!

Posted by: Tmac

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 03:53 AM

ladycfii, you are getting sleepy , very very sleepy !
you will tell robert everything about the seahorse !
lolololo

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 04:25 AM

No I won't! Nothing can make me tell! ;\)
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 07:35 AM

What I want to know is do YOU really know LCF? LOL

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 02:23 PM

Yes, I've seen the source code. \:\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 02:59 PM

*puppy dog eyes*

PLEASE?? \:\)
Posted by: arnie

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 03:42 PM

I reckon it gives you something you'll almost certainly already have. If, say, it allows L3 fish to live in a L2 environment, you probably have L3 already as without it you wouldn't be able to afford the price of the seahorse. ;\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/25/08 04:46 PM

thats what i thought \:\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/26/08 01:43 AM

Keep trying to hypnotize her! *points hypnotizing ray at LadyCFII* \:o
Posted by: Houjun

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/26/08 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
I reckon it gives you something you'll almost certainly already have. If, say, it allows L3 fish to live in a L2 environment, you probably have L3 already as without it you wouldn't be able to afford the price of the seahorse. ;\)

You might actually be right as that seems to be a logical conclusion...but that still won't stop some of us from trying to hypnotize LadyCFII so she'll tell us the secret. ;\)
Posted by: Shelli

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/26/08 02:11 PM

I know if the ornaments are in the tank, you have more visitors at your shop.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/26/08 03:11 PM

\:\( , LadyCFII knows EVERYTHING

(whisper)

*psst, LadyCFII, please say \:\( *

*Puppy dog eyes*

*Kneels*
Posted by: Britney

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/26/08 11:51 PM

please

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/27/08 12:38 AM

Pretty please with a cherry on top?
*more puppy dog eyes*
Posted by: Borg

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/27/08 03:36 PM

it is like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop. the world will never know.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/27/08 05:59 PM

"Mister Turtle, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie rool center of a tootsie pop?"
"I never made it without biting. Ask Mister Owl."
"Mister Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie rool center of a tootsie pop?"
"Let's find out. One, a-ta-hoo, tha-ree *CRUNCH!* Tha-ree."

"How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know."
Posted by: layol

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/27/08 06:40 PM

guys! jeez! if you wanna klnow, PM me, cause I do(yay! i figured it out!)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/30/08 12:15 AM

I think you should post and let our Lady decide Go on you know you wanna \:\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 01/30/08 03:19 PM

layol,

Oh yeah?

Don't keep it to yourself. Why not have the courage of your convictions and post it in the open forum? ;\)

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 02/01/08 03:12 PM

yeah PLEASE post it
Posted by: RadicalOne

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 04/16/08 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The seahorse does take up the space of one fish, but the task of figuring out exactly what it does rests with the player. I'll never tell.

Are the effects at least good enough to outweigh the disadvantages?
Posted by: Pookie9

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 04/20/08 11:15 PM

Reading this thread makes me want to go back and start a new game of FT. Of course, it will take me forever to be able to afford that seahorse since I'll have to start from scratch! \:\)

At least it will pass the time while waiting for VV3 to come out, but once it's out I'll have to remember to pause my fishies so they won't die of starvation! \:D

If someone figures out what it does, please post here so I won't be working my few brain cells to figure it out. \:D

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 04/21/08 12:21 PM

Quote:
If someone figures out what it does, please post here

Don't hold your breath! \:\) No-one in the forums has figured it out in the time since FT first came out so don't expect an answer soon. ;\)
Posted by: SecretSeahorse

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 05/05/08 08:28 AM

We could try...I bet its because no one ever tried hard enough..
LadyCFII, do I have permission to hack FT so I can find out what it does? (pretty please with a cherry on top)

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 05/05/08 03:53 PM

You obviously haven't read the forum rules, or you wouldn't ask for permission to hack FT. \:\)

Quote:
Posting or soliciting cheats, hacks, cracks, warez, piracy, any means of defeating copy-protection, or any behavior that constitutes a violation of local, state, national, or international laws or regulations is strictly prohibited on our forums.

Posted by: SecretSeahorse

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 05/08/08 09:46 AM

Oops...I'm so sorry...I promise I won't hack it and just sell fish until I get enoguh money...
Posted by: CLshark

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 01/22/09 12:49 PM

I don't think the seahorse does anything worthwhile.

Got so fed up with it using up one of my fish places for no apparent advantage that I got rid of it!

Haven't noticed anything different about the game:

Fish breed, age, sell, get sick, get cured, are just as hungry as they were before. I have found all of the fish without ever purchasing the seahorse too.

Perhaps it's more of an advantage at the beginning of the game (someone suggested L3 fish surviving in a L2 environment) and perhaps the reason that you are able to bin it is because when you have researched the top levels you no longer need it?

I have a couple of spare user slots so will play identical games, one with and one without a seahorse. Watch this space...

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 02/18/09 04:25 PM

I've been playing 2 identical games simultaneously. One with the seahorse and one without. I haven't researched any upgrades for either game.

I haven't found any differences between the two, though frown

1. Delicate fish deterioate at the same rate, regardless of whether the seahorse is in the tank or not.
2. I've made fish sick by overfeeding. Both games take exactly the same amount of food before the fish get sick.
3. Fish do not heal quicker because of the seahorse.
4. Fish do not sell quicker if the seahorse is in the selling tank.
5. Fish do not sell for more money if the seahorse is in the tank.
6. Fish do not grow faster nor have more babies if the seahorse is present.

I'm flumuxed. I don't believe there is an advantage to owning the seahorse. Other than it looks quite pretty in the tank. crazy

So, LDW, if there is an advantage then please put us all out of our misery!
Posted by: Havetia

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 02/24/09 04:32 AM

Please somebody tell us. cry Please? I want to know if it is worth the money of the sea horse.
Posted by: layol

Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h - 02/26/09 03:13 AM

OKAY everyone after being gone for like a YEAR I have realized THAAAAAT.... I was wrong. XD IM SO ASHAMED T-T
Posted by: Snow Ball K0

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 04/05/09 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Oldboy
Can anyone tell me how much of in impact does buying the various ornaments have on the game. Also what does the sea horse do. It doesn't seem to do much apart from take up additional space in the tank, as you lose a place that a REAL fish could use. If it doesn't do anything I can't see the point in getting it... for the above reason. Any suggestions?

The ornaments are to bring more shoppers in your store, it says that in the beggining
Posted by: dd52

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/10/09 11:00 PM

I thought some fish had the babys quicker. The seahorse was there every time I think. That is all I came up with.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/13/09 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: dd52

I thought some fish had the babys quicker. The seahorse was there every time I think. That is all I came up with.

I never play with the seahorse in my tank. Some of the fish species do reproduce quicker than others. Stickfish and fatfish are quite slow, but fruitfish and goldbulbs are faster and more likely to respond to the use of the growth hormone.
Posted by: happybluebird

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/25/09 06:16 PM

The seahorse does have a significant purpose in the game. I found out what it was by accident. Not sure if I should spoil all the fun of figuring it out by posting what it is!
Posted by: Havetia

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/26/09 06:11 PM

You could post it in one of these Happy blue bird:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/26/09 08:45 PM

OK! Twist my arm!!! wink
Click to reveal..
If you have the seahorse in the tank, your fish will never die! They will get hungry, ick and fungus, but you can go for months without checking on them and they will be fine!

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/27/09 12:06 AM

Are you quite sure about this?

Please see my image below. I managed to kill 3 of my fish off by overfeeding, even though the seahorse (bottom left) was in the tank the entire time.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/27/09 02:53 AM

Well...I have never lost a fish to over feeding. However, I have a game going that had 2 full tanks. Life got in the way and I kinda forgot about it and about three months later I opened the game and the tank without the seahorse was full of deceased fish while the tank with the seahorse were all still alive although a few had ick and fungus and all were hungry.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/27/09 10:44 AM

I'll experiment with this then. smile

Watch this space...

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/27/09 10:26 PM

I will be interested to see how it works for you.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/06/09 06:07 PM

Well....here are my results.

I used two tanks. One with a seahorse, one without. No upgrades were researched. The tanks contained similar species of fish. Both tanks were full. (20 fish with seahorse, 21 without the seahorse).

I starved my fish in both my seahorse and non-seahorse tanks.

Firstly, I've noticed that when the 'Fed' bar is empty the fish don't die. It makes no difference if there is a seahorse in the tank or not, they still don't die.
When fish are starving then their health deterioates. This happened at an equal rate between the two tanks. Evenutally, when the health bar became empty the fish died.

The number of fish that caught an Ick or Fungal disease were evenly distributed between the two tanks.

Finally, the fish died at an equal rate.

I conlude that the fish in the tank that contained the seahorse were neither healthier nor lived longer than those in the tank without the seahorse.

happybluebird - I know you experienced a different situation in your game. I think that it was a coincidence that the fish with the seahorse survived and the fish without the seahorse didn't. The fish can survive for several human days without food (I played on 2x normal speed).

If none of the fish become ill then you would expect the fish to live for a considerable amount of time. Only if one or more fish catch a disease will they die more quickly. Once one fish has a disease, the others are more prone to catch it too.

If both of your tanks were full then you'd have had 20 fish in the seahorse tank and 21 fish in the tank without the seahorse. The fish without the seahorse were 5% more likely to catch a disease than the ones with the seahorse. This has nothing to do with the seahorse, but merely that there would be 5% more fish in the tank without the seahorse.

Another factor that may have affected your outcome could have been the stage in which you abandoned the game. If the fish in the tank without the seahorse had been left for longer - i.e. you exited the game having last fed the fish in the tank containing the seahorse then you would expect these fish to be in better health than those in the other tank(s).

Having said all of this, I'm still at a loss as to what the seahorse actually does. confused

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/06/09 07:49 PM

I don't know why your results were different. I still have not fed mine. It has been about three months. They are still alive. When you last posted about your trial, I checked on mine. There were several that were diseased and all had empty feed bars. I closed the game without doing anything to them. When I opened it today, the ones that were diseased are still diseased and the feed bars were still empty. As I said, I had all three tanks full of fish. The only ones that survived were all the fish in the seahorse tank. Sorry it didn't work for you, But I wish I had one of each magic fish in that tank!!!

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/08/09 03:53 PM

What game speed are you playing on and have you bought any upgrades for your tank?

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/08/09 06:32 PM

I am playing on 2x the speed and I have all the research. Kind of weird!

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/16/09 02:16 AM

I've just tried 3 attempts (on level 2 environment) of 2x, 1x and 1/2x speeds and all my fish have died in the tank with the seahorse.

I'll try upgrading all the research and see if that makes any difference.

Have you purchased any of the magic plants?

Oh and also, have you any magic fish in the tank with the seahorse, and if so, which ones?
Posted by: jazzmine54868

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/28/09 01:22 PM

I have all the upgrades, and plants and sea horse. The fish are still getting sick even with the plants and the magic fish of curing. They are still getting hurngry with the magic fish of substance. I havent any idea what the sea horse is for and I would like to know. Also what is the special chemical suppose to do, I have used it twice and nothing has happemed. Does any one have any ideas what the sea horse and magic chemicals are for? Thank you

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 07/09/09 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jazzmine54868
I have all the upgrades, and plants and sea horse. The fish are still getting sick even with the plants and the magic fish of curing. They are still getting hurngry with the magic fish of substance. I havent any idea what the sea horse is for and I would like to know. Also what is the special chemical suppose to do, I have used it twice and nothing has happemed. Does any one have any ideas what the sea horse and magic chemicals are for? Thank you

The magic chemical changes the species of one or more of your fish. The changes are quite subtle sometimes - either the body or fins of just one fish are changed. Other times, many of your fish change. I have used it and not seen any of the fish change species but this does not happen often.

I found that the fish needed feeding less often with the magic fish of substance and the magic plants. The magic fish of curing doesn't prevent your fish from becoming sick, rather that it is quicker to cure them if this fish is in the tank. The magic fish of health is supposed to prevent the fish from becoming sick but I've never found it to make much difference. I have discovered that when you have all of the magic plants, fish can be starved and they still don't die. The fish only die if they become sick and even then you have to wait until their health bar diminishes fully.

I have no idea what the seahorse does either. Someone posted that it kept their fish alive, even if they did not feed the fish. By comparison, they said that all their fish in the tanks without the seahorse had died. But I have not found this to be true. Both the seahorse and non seahorse tanks of fish deterioate and die at the same rate. Have been testing this out and so far have not found that the fish become less sick or live longer etc., because of the seahorse.

I am beginning to wonder if LDW forgot to add the magic qualities of this item when they were programming the game! mad

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 07/09/09 02:41 AM

The seahorse is programmed into the game, and it works. (And the magic fish is called the Magic Fish of Sustenance - not substance.) laugh

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 07/17/09 10:19 PM

The seahorse is programmed into the game, and it works. (And the magic fish is called the Magic Fish of Sustenance - not substance.) laugh

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me, then. I have been studying the seahorse and it's supposed magic qualities for a several months now and it does not make a positive difference to my game at all.
Posted by: Amexyl

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/21/09 02:42 AM

Noooo... is that the end of the thread??? I was sure all would be revealed by the end!!! Grrrr!!!!

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/21/09 11:30 AM

People have been asking this question in the forum pretty well since the release of FT and I've never seen a definitive answer. Barbara insists that it does have an effect, but won't say more, despite various threats and promises. laugh
Posted by: nollie

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/28/09 04:50 AM

I bought the seahorse, and accidentally deleted it having grabbed the wrong fish. Is there a way to get it back? I have enough money, but it won't allow me to purchase it again, saying it is already in my inventory. I have a feeling in order to get it again I will have to reset the game, is it worth resetting to get the seahorse?

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/28/09 12:37 PM

You might want to try the seahorse restocker that's available in this post, but remember to heed the warnings there (especially about backing up your savegame files). We don't provide support for fan-written utilities, so you would be using at your own risk, though. smile
Posted by: nollie

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/30/09 08:50 AM

Darn, I am using the iPod touch version of the game, so I can't use that. Guess I'm out of options?

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/30/09 12:48 PM

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to restore a lost seahorse within the game, and non-Windows users can't use the restocker. I wouldn't have proposed the use of the restocker if I had known you were playing the iPhone version. To avoid confusion, we have a separate section of the forums for iPhone games, since there are enough differences in the platforms to warrant a separate discussion area. smile
Posted by: 57454

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 11/18/09 04:46 PM

I know what the seahorse does... PM me if you really want to know.

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 11/25/09 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: 57454
I know what the seahorse does... PM me if you really want to know.

Why not share it with everyone on here?

Or is the answer 'nothing' grin
Posted by: fishtycoonwiz

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 08/06/10 08:33 PM

Here are my theories about the golden seahorse which boggles our minds(unless you work for ldw)It:
1.does absolutely, positively nothing
2.cures disease
3.feeds fish
4.raises the dead if you leave a dead fish in long enough
5.ages baby fish quicker
6.attracts customers/ makes customers more likely to buy expensive fish
7.kills fish when you aren't looking
8.makes us all write forums about it
I want an answer!
Posted by: wench

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/04/10 06:39 PM

kills fish when you arent looking.......
made me giggle for ages lol
Posted by: esther1981

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 10/04/10 11:12 PM

Hehe I don't think it kills the fish. Maybe though who knows? I'd go with numbers 1, and 8! Also, drives the possessor absolutely insane trying to figure it out should be on that list lol. laugh smile
Posted by: niteowl16

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 11/15/10 11:58 PM

The seahorse doesn't seem to age
Posted by: hurrihottie

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 06/09/11 04:41 AM

maybe it makes the fish more expensive? so u get more money when u sell them?
Posted by: wench

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 03/26/12 09:51 AM

seems to me my sea horse makes my baby fish grow faster.....i could be wrong though maybe ive just got used to the time it takes lol
Posted by: Taco Freak

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 05/26/13 02:34 AM

Does it affect the fish at all? Maybe it feeds them, don't say I won't tell, just say no or yes

If you have certain fish they'll grow faster.
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 02/02/16 03:44 PM

Is it still a secret?
Posted by: lorsieab2

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 02/06/16 03:04 AM

Yes :|
I tried asking through support tickets a while ago what the seahorse did (twice), not a peep xD
Lol now I'm curious!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 02/06/16 05:32 AM

It's still a secret smile
Posted by: SilkySpotanus

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 01/25/17 07:10 AM

I bet it doesn't have an effect at all and it just looks cute in your tank, like an ornament. I'm going to test the theories in this thread soon (still have my game! grin).
1st theory:
Originally Posted By: hurrihottie
maybe it makes the fish more expensive? so u get more money when u sell them?

2nd theory:
Originally Posted By: wench
seems to me my sea horse makes my baby fish grow faster...

Oh btw, before I became a member on these forums I read this thread LITERALLY EVERY YEAR hoping for the answer to be revealed... shocked
And even if the answer is forever a secret, so long as somebody knows the answer, I'm ok with me not knowing wink

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 01/27/17 04:08 PM

Wow! This topic has come back to life again (or is that again and again and again?)! Since it's been so long since I popped into this thread, it might help if I comment again for the benefit of people who are newer to the forums. laugh

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but Heather is right; it's a secret! Arthur has always wanted to keep the magical powers of the seahorse a mystery, but he also said that if anyone figured out what it does during their game play, we would confirm it.

I worked on every version of Fish Tycoon (desktop and mobile), and I can assure you that the seahorse does have a positive effect in the game. I could point to the exact location in the code where the effect is programmed. However, as borne out by the fact that nobody here has yet discovered the secret, the effect is not glaringly obvious, especially later in the game when there are a lot of other "magical things" working together.

That's all I'll say, since, well, it's a secret! grin

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 01/27/17 06:07 PM

especially later in the game when there are a lot of other "magical things" working together.

I guess this means we need to compare two games, one with seahorse and one without it. aaand it needs to be without Magic fishes and plants to make it clearer? I finished PT several times before but i don't remember finishing FT at all. so i may try it again and maybe solve the mystery? smile

I also want to point it out for everyone that Fish Tycoon for PC is totally free, so you may also try it immediately wink http://lastdayofwork.com/fish_tycoon.php
Posted by: sunshower

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 01/31/17 11:39 PM

So after all these years, we STILL haven't figured it out? That's so funny.

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 05/16/17 01:08 PM

In FT2, description of Golden Seahorse says;
"This magical Creature increases your odds of selling fish!"
I wonder if same applies for first FT confused
Posted by: horsefly

Re: What effect does the seahorse have? - 07/10/17 09:31 PM

"How does the seahorse work?

Once a long held mystical secret from the land of Isola, we have discovered the golden seahorse's fantastic power in Fish Tycoon 2. Owning the seahorse increases the likelihood of a customer purchasing a fish. The seahorse does not take up tank space."

Taken from the Research and Upgrades page of Last Day of Work's Fish Tycoon 2. Sounds legit. Sounds even more plausible when you take into account that Tanks 1 and 2 hold 20 fish but the Sell tank holds 21. Since we know that the Seahorse takes up 1 space, it makes sense. Almost like the developers were dropping us hints that the Seahorse works its magic in the Sell tank.
Posted by: Terri M

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 11/18/19 06:52 PM

I've been playing Fish Tycoon for about 5 days now and added the Seahorse to Tank 1. Yesterday I began to notice some of the baby fish were born at age 2 days vs the usual 1 day. Since I've only noticed this in the 1st tank, is it safe to say the Seahorse ages some babies by 1 day? Also have Magic fish 1, 4, 3, 7, 2, in that order.
By curious nature, I'm wondering why the Seahorse ages if it has no purpose in breeding and apparently doesn't die, or can it die?
Posted by: Dheft626

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 03/01/21 05:44 PM

I found that when putting the seahorse in your selling tank and tapping on the customers to see their reactions in sell mode 1 out of 5 people or so show a heart with a fish in their thought bubble. When the seahorse is put back into tank 1 this becomes much more rare. However I don’t notice much if any of a difference in sales (Same species of fish sold with same price)
Posted by: Dheft626

Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? - 03/01/21 11:05 PM

Upon further review it definitely makes the customers happier and increasing the rate at which they purchase. I don’t have a whole lot of ornaments in my tanks so I may notice it more than others. I picked up the app a few weeks ago and have been wondering what the seahorse does and thought it was quite strange when no one online knew what it did. I hate to take the mystery out of it though