:Spoiler:??? Collectable.

Posted by: msnana

:Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 12:10 PM

I was just wondering is there certain spots that certain collectables can be found.
Posted by: laurence

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 03:08 PM

I noticed this one:
Click to reveal..
the fish scales can be found near the fish statue, in the pool that is in the southeast of the village

Posted by: Rockmower

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 04:52 PM

The one laurence pointed out happens to be the only one. All other collectibles will appear at random pretty much anywhere they want to.

That said, the majority of collectibles will appear on or around the rocks where the fire and food bin are located, but that's a pretty big area.

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 05:28 PM

okay. thanks.
Posted by: VillageMom

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 06:36 PM

Yes, it does seem pretty spread out (with the exception of laurence's area), so I'm wondering of you can cheat yourself out of collectibles with building placement. Is there a chance that that last piece I need to complete one of the collections has appeared under a hut and I couldn't see it?
Posted by: arnie

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 06:44 PM

You'll never know. cool

Just think of all those collectibles that would have turned up if the game had been running, as well ... crazy
Posted by: laurence

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: VillageMom
... I'm wondering of you can cheat yourself out of collectibles with building placement. Is there a chance that that last piece I need to complete one of the collections has appeared under a hut and I couldn't see it?
laugh I also thought of that!! But as the collectibles will appear again...

Just take care to don't put the hut on... a kid!! shocked
Ooops whistle
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: laurence
Ooops whistle

I don't think you have to worry about that. You can only place a building where the base around it is green. If it is red, as it would be if something (a kid, etc) is in the way, you can't put the building there.
Posted by: VillageMom

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/26/10 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
You'll never know. cool

Ah, that's just mean! cry I'll probably lose hours of sleep now. grin

Originally Posted By: laurence
laugh I also thought of that!! But as the collectibles will appear again...

Ooops whistle

Yeah, it's just that I'm waiting (and waiting and waiting smile ) for the last one in the collection that doesn't show up nearly as often as the others. I'm thinking maybe I should have built everything off in the grass instead of going for aesthetics.

As for the kids... I have a couple that I wouldn't mind dropping a building on. smirk
Posted by: Elegie

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 02/28/10 06:58 PM

The collectibles add up fast in the beginning of the game...when look later I don't realize I only have a little ways to go laugh
Posted by: MsSuzieQ

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/01/10 02:47 AM

I cannot for the life of me find the last science collectable... I have found everything else.

Never mind lol FINALLY done!
Posted by: ajuma

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/01/10 04:29 AM

Has anyone ever seen a fish scale appear during high tide? I kind of think that they're not there when the tidal pool is full.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/01/10 03:12 PM

The scales will only spawn at low tide. However, if one has spawned and the tide "comes in" the scale will remain collectible for the standard duration.
Posted by: Eternlslady

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 08:07 AM

I am having issues with the mural pieces.
I got 10 of them really early in the game but haven't gotten a single one, not even a duplicate of one I have already gotten, in 2 days now.
It's like my game has forgotten they exist.

Scales I am getting duplicates but not the last 2 I need.

I have finished the science and wind pipes.

The lack of any mural pieces is very frustrating!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 08:12 AM

The mausoleum collection is a bit different from the other collections.
Click to reveal..
You won't find duplicate pieces of the mausoleum. Each piece appears until you have collected it, then it will not appear again.

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 11:09 AM

I have the mausoleum and the fish statue but I can't find the last wind pipe and lab piece.

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 01:25 PM

What colors are the rare fish scales? I have one (maybe two) and it's
Click to reveal..
mostly white with bright red swirls

Maybe if I knew what colors I was looking for, it would help! That tidepool is so pretty, I can't help looking at all the detail and I forget to look for scales! blush

Plus, I'm so interested in what everyone is doing, I sometimes forget about the pool because I'm watching the interesting antics of my villagers.
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 03:36 PM

Has anyone else seen
Click to reveal..
a ghost in the tidal pool? Cannot be moved and stands over a green fish scale.

Wow ajuma, I think that is the one I am waiting for!! That would complete my entire list of Collectables. laugh

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: TheGnome
Wow ajuma, I think that is the one I am waiting for!! That would complete my entire list of Collectables. laugh

I'll trade!!! I've had 2 of those!! laugh

TheGnome, could you PM me with the other colors, just so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Originally Posted By: TheGnome
Has anyone else seen
Click to reveal..
a ghost in the tidal pool? Cannot be moved and stands over a green fish scale.

No, but
Click to reveal..
I haven't had anyone die yet!

Posted by: angelbonzo

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 05:10 PM

if i were you i would
Click to reveal..
keep a look out when the fog appears because rare collectibles seem to appear when the fog comes smile

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/02/10 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: angelbonzo
if i were you i would
Click to reveal..
keep a look out when the fog appears because rare collectibles seem to appear when the fog comes smile

Yep, I know that...and I DO look (when I remember! blush and it's low tide. But knowing what color to look for would be a huge help! I wouldn't get so distracted by the pretty flower and such in the pool.
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: :Spoiler:??? Collectable. - 03/03/10 12:16 AM

Sorry ajuma, false alarm frown We just called it different colours.

Will PM you as soon as I have a list ready smile