Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Gamemastr1

Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/21/10 09:49 PM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 16 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: Erbjen

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 10:26 PM

Click to reveal..
Where do you find the flowers for the lei?

Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 10:31 PM

Click to reveal..
Follow the hummingbird.

Posted by: kissy06

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 04:40 AM

What do I have to do first?
Click to reveal..
I haven't seen a hummingbird.
Thanks!
Posted by: anyonebutme

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 04:49 AM

i followed the bird and i got 6 floweres on it and it said not enough flowers
Posted by: RoseRed

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:05 AM

Click to reveal..
I got the rope, laid it out and repaired it, followed the hummingbird and put an adult villager on the flower. It says "this flower is in full bloom" but the villager will not pick it.

Am I missing something?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:14 AM

Click to reveal..
AHA! I figured it out. The rope was not all the way repaired. I had to drop the villager on the rope again to finish repairing the rope.
The rope (lei) should look like this before adding the flowers to it:

Now that the rope is repaired, using the cloth leaning against the sewing hut, I can pick the flowers by following the hummingbird and grabbing a flower with an adult villager.

Posted by: dixie50

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:23 AM

How
Click to reveal..
do you get a rope

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 06:02 AM

Click to reveal..
First you get a length of rope to make a lei from the boxes here:

Then the villager will lay the rope out across the flat rock near the shoreline.

You'll need to make sure you've figured out how to make cloth before doing this one.
If you have, then you'll need to put an adult villager on the piece of laid out rope (lei in the making) once or twice until the rope is repaired. They'll use a bolt of cloth or two to repair it.
Once it is repaired, you need to watch for hummingbirds:

Follow the hummingbird to a flower quickly with an adult villager and grab the flower it is floating above once it says "the flower is in full bloom"

The villager will take the flower back to the lei and attach it.
Do this 6 times until you have 6 flowers on the lei and the villager will take the lei to the tree:

The first lei on the tree:

You'll do this 3 times each, ending up with 3 leis across the tree, helping the tree to heal smile

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 07:46 AM

The final product:

Click to reveal..

Posted by: kissy06

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 08:34 AM

Thanks RoseRed!!!
Posted by: blinkyfbnbg

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 04:41 AM

Actually, children
Click to reveal..
can pick flowers too! I like to use them, because they are much faster! I can get all the flowers I need with one hummingbird.

Posted by: Becca123

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 11:33 AM

Great walkthrough, RoseRed smile

And by the way:
Click to reveal..
Children can collect herbs and flowers too! laugh

Posted by: Aiko1997

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 10:59 PM

can someone tell me how to solve puzzle 16 cuz when I click on page 1 my computer freaks out
Posted by: spyrogirlkim

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/28/10 03:56 AM

do you need to be level 3?
Posted by: spyrogirlkim

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/28/10 03:58 AM

mine says in full bloom but nothing hapends

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 02/28/10 04:03 AM

Click to reveal..
You have to make sure your rope is fully repaired before you can pick the flowers smile
I did the same thing. Laid my rope down and went after a hummingbird and couldn't figure out why I couldn't pick the fully bloomed flower.
Then I went back and put my villager on the rope again.
Initially, I thought maybe you had to repair it twice because I could have sworn I already put the villager on the rope to repair it.
I must have just missed because you only have to repair it once.

And thanks blinky and Becca! Didn't even think to put children on the flowers. Considering how much faster the children move, this makes a huge difference in how many tech points you can rack up!

Posted by: invalidthirteen

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/06/10 01:13 PM

HELPP!! I followed the hummingbird, and wait for the hummingbird the 'bloomed' up the flowers until it flies away, and put children on it. They take the flowers on the lei. I put six children on the flowers and they've put the flowers on the lei, but, it still says that the lei hasn't enough flower. HOW??? Do i have to wait for the hummingbird to comes six times???
Posted by: laurence

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/06/10 04:56 PM

I also noticed that there is a lei that is longer needs more than 6 flowers. So, yes, I had to wait for another hummingbird (it wasn't not very long)and I put the most of people I could on the flower!! laugh
Posted by: tlmo

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/17/10 12:03 AM

I had a hummingbird-identified flower collected after the leis were finished and
Click to reveal..
it was taken to the lab and if it wasn't a coincidental point surge, I got about 300 tech points for it.
Anyone else try this with the same result?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/17/10 07:29 PM

Yes, these flowers bring some tech points! eek
Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/19/10 02:22 PM

I think it's 250 rather than 300, but I'm not sure.
Posted by: Krelxean

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/19/10 06:39 PM

Click to reveal..
The hummingbird seems to never appear. Ive only seen it a couple times. Also, whenever i put a villager on the flower, it flies away! Help!

Posted by: Jenny23

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/19/10 06:42 PM

Click to reveal..
Wait until the hummingbird flies away to pick the flower, but be quick, as it won't stay in full bloom long.

Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/22/10 04:20 PM

Click to reveal..
I've not timed it, but a hummingbird seems to appear about once every 10-15 minutes. Follow it carefully and take careful note of which flower it stops at. Once it has flown away (not before) you can drop a peep on the flower to collect it for the lei.

TIP 1: Use kids rather than adults as they run faster.
TIP 2: Don't try to pile all the kids at once onto the flower. They'll quite likely start a jumping or racing contest instead. Wait until one starts moving away before dropping the next.
TIP 3: Don't pause the game, at least in the current version. Version 1.00.01 has a pause-related bug that might mean that the game will crash and you'll lose up to the last 10 minutes.

Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/22/10 11:58 PM

How do you get the villeger to pick the flower once it in full bloom. every time I drag a villager to the flower and at the bottom it says this flower is in full bloom. Just stands there or goes off to retreve fish etc, I tried several times once
Click to reveal..
the humming bird polenets them.

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/23/10 01:50 AM

You have to put the person on the flower just right to get them to pick it, can be tricky. And wait until one person walks away before putting the next person on it. I have collected as many as 8-10 blossoms from one flower.

Also, the hummingbird appears about every 4-5 minutes, at least in my current game.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/23/10 11:10 PM

I still can't get them to pick the flower and I tried every which way and I got really mad If it to be 250 flowers I no chanch of solving this not ever unless I got to get puzzle 5 and and 14 before they pick it I am getting nowhere.

I was missing something after all I forgot to make the
Click to reveal..
rope lie
I thought I never get it phuee
Posted by: pwenzler

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/28/10 07:42 PM

I got the rope, I have cloth but the villager wants to just walk away. They say the rope needs to be repared but want go get the cloth. What I'm I doing wrong?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/28/10 09:07 PM

Click to reveal..
Keep putting your villager on the ropes until their status says "repairing the ropes". They will then go and get the cloth to repair the rope. You need to do this each time you want to repair a rope.

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/28/10 09:11 PM

Drop a villager to the rope and he'll use one bolt of clothes that's on the left side of the clothing hut.

How many bolts of clothes did your villagers makes? you'll need 3.
Posted by: pwenzler

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/28/10 11:03 PM

I finally figured that out. Thank you. Now I'm waiting on the last fish scale.
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/29/10 04:53 PM

Sorry, but I have done everything everyone has suggested and still all I see is "this flower is in full bloom." But no one-child or adult picks the flowers.
Sorry to sound flip, but any other bright ideas?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/29/10 06:12 PM

I dunno what to else to suggest. You seem to be the only one having this much trouble with this puzzle.

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 03/29/10 07:12 PM

Mocha, don't forget that if the rope is not repaired, they will not pick up the flowers. You must also try to drop several time the villager on the flower.
Posted by: gacajunlady50

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/08/10 02:54 PM

Click to reveal..
The hummingbirds are so fast it's hard to keep up with them. Any suggetions about grabbing a villager before the time limit?
Posted by: Mbee

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/08/10 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: gacajunlady50
The hummingbirds are so fast it's hard to keep up with them. Any suggetions about grabbing a villager before the time limit?

This is what you need to do when you see the hummingbird:
Click to reveal..
first follow it yourself on your screen, so scroll to the screen you see it fly to. Wait until the hummingbird is finished with the flower and remember where that flower is located. Then grab villagers and put them on the flower. I assure you this will work smile

Posted by: Scully

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/11/10 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: tlmo
I had a hummingbird-identified flower collected after the leis were finished and
Click to reveal..
it was taken to the lab and if it wasn't a coincidental point surge, I got about 300 tech points for it.
Anyone else try this with the same result?

It was no coincidence! grin I discovered today, quite by accident, that
Click to reveal..
if you follow the hummingbird to a flower, and have a child pick it, the child will carry it to the lab, and you will gain tech points. The sweet thing is, you can have ALL your kids pick flowers from that plant, as fast as they can, and taken them all to the lab! I gained 250 points from each flower, and got about 5,000 points overall before the flower stopped blooming. Can't wait for another hummingbird to appear!

Does anyone know why only collectibles (shells, wind flutes, lab pieces, and mausoleum pieces) can be dropped, and you still get the points...but if you drop flowers and mushrooms, you don't get the points for those?
Posted by: Nancy40

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/17/10 01:52 AM

I must be blind. Where is the rope for the lei?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/17/10 02:19 AM

The rope for the lei is
Click to reveal..
in the lab. It's in the baskets on the left.

Posted by: Mel21

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/20/10 07:28 AM

I have completed all the other puzzles, but for some reason no hummingbirds have showed up at all. I have never seen them at all. What am I doing wrong?? Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Posted by: Dandep

Re: Questions about Puzzle #16 (contains spoilers) - 04/20/10 08:37 AM

Mel 21, all I had to have completed to get the hummingbird to come was purifiy the tree, cut off the dead limb, make sure the stream is flowing by the tree, and have a lei repaired. Then the hummingbird came. By the way, when the hummingbird comes, you have to follow it quickly, stay with it while it fertilizes the flower, and put your villagers on the flower. Each flower has a certain spot you have to put your villager on, or they will walk away. But you will know immediately if you have found that spot because they will automatically stoop to pick a flower. After you have all the leis repaired, the hummingbird comes to visit often. Then the villagers take it to the research table for tech points - 250 each. I have been able to pick as many as 39 flowers, but usually I get an average of 25-30 (it helps to have lots of children so I have one child waiting, holding it above the child that is picking the flower, then drop the other child as soon as the first child is away. As soon as I drop the child on the flower I pick up another child and hold it above the previous one. I repeat this process until the flower is no longer in bloom. Sometimes I use adults, but children run faster and are available to use again quicker than the adults.). Sorry this is so long. I hope this helps you.
Posted by: BaileyLove15

Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 03:05 AM

So I have tried just about everything to make the lei to help the tree for the humming birds, but nothing is working!
Do I need level 3 in Dendorology?
I did the meditating with my most skilled person but nothing happened. He refused to do anything...
And I also dragged him to the boxes of stuff thats for the lei,s but he still refused...what do I do?!?!

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 03:14 AM

Have you solved Puzzle 8 yet?

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 03:20 AM

yes I have..

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 03:46 AM

Do you have any cloth?
Click to reveal..
You need 3 bolts of cloth made and available before you can repair the ropes in the baskets.

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 03:56 AM

according to my clothing hut, I have 6 bolts.

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 05/31/10 05:22 AM

You need to
Click to reveal..
bring the tree to health at least 3 levels better than the tree's starting condition. See where the "hand" is in the picture below? That is at least where your tree's health must be before you can make a lei. You also need to be seeing hummingbirds.
Hope this helps. smile
Posted by: isabell

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 08/26/10 08:54 PM

Hello ... I'm using Google translator ... therefore not guarantee the correctness of the sentence ....

I stopped on qs puzzle ... and do not understand anything ... I tried to translate what you wrote but I do not understand ched points: a rope which I repaired ... and what I bring her flowers.

I did all the puzzles in all technical and / or 3 .... help ..

thank you very much

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 08/28/10 07:21 PM

Hello isabell. smile What language do you speak? I understand that you have Level 3 in all Technologies, repaired the rope and you want to make a lei. Is that correct? Is the rope that you repaired the same rope
Click to reveal..
in the baskets in the laboratory? The rope in the laboratory is used to make the lei.

Let me know and then I can help you further. smile
Posted by: isabell

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 08/28/10 09:42 PM

thank you so much ... translation I understood that she was a person, not a wreath, now I could make all pazzle, it was so simple.

I'm Italian and I know very little English, if you need you can certainly count on me, although I think the game you've already finished, thanks again Isabell

Re: Making the Lei for the Tree HELP:/ - 08/28/10 09:47 PM

You are welcome Isabel. I made pictures to help you if you still needed help. I am glad that you figured it out. I hope you had fun playing the game. smile

If you get stuck again Carla is fluent in Italian. She is an Administrator on the forum and is also Executive Producer of the games here, as well as Arthur's wife. smile
Posted by: PinkNailPolish

Flowers broke. - 08/16/11 06:40 AM

So I decided to start a new tribe on the iPad version a few days ago. I'm at the part where they're supposed to take blooms to make the lei, but they won't pick up the flowers. It just says 'This flower is in full bloom!' and then they walk away. It worked in my previous tribe. Is there something I can do, or do I have to scrap this tribe?

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/16/11 07:20 AM

I've only played the desktop version where
Click to reveal..
you have to wait for the hummingbird to show you which flower your villagers can pick. Are there hummingbirds in the iPad version too?

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/16/11 07:32 AM

Yes, I've done everything I did in the desktop version, and a previous tribe on the iPad version.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/16/11 01:20 PM

Are you sure that you
Click to reveal..
repaired the rope braid before trying to pick and attach flowers?

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/16/11 08:29 PM

Because
Click to reveal..
you have to do it for each basket of rope. If you have rope all ready and you've located a flower but your villager still won't pick it, try dropping them on a different part of the flower.

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/20/11 05:20 AM

lol, I figured out what happened.
Click to reveal..
When I dropped him on the rope to repair it, I didn't watch him do it, so I didn't see that it didn't get repaired because of no cloth, which I could have sworn I had.

Re: Flowers broke. - 08/20/11 05:53 AM

Happy to hear that you got it all worked out. smile Thanks for sharing.