Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Gamemastr1

Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/21/10 09:43 PM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 10 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: dutchgirl32

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/23/10 10:02 PM

i got it

Click to reveal..
use the krabs on te beach drag at least to kids to where a krab is and they will distract so it goes slower, then use an adult to carry the krabs to the mossy stones and they will be uncovered

Posted by: RoseRed

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 09:10 AM

This puzzle will not work for me. Every time I try to do it, it crashes me out to my desktop.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 10:17 AM

Not to sound goofy but
Click to reveal..
What crabs?
I'm not seeing any. Do I need something else first?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 11:31 AM

Quote:

They're a sign that life is returning to the Tree. You need to have solved Puzzle #12 before they start to appear.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 07:24 PM

Thanks Arnie! Exactly what I needed to know. smile
Posted by: Serafinos

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 08:28 PM

Crabs -- big time spoiler!
Click to reveal..
On the beach above the docks - there is a red crab that will jump out once in a while. Once you see it, grab a kid & place it to "distract" the crab. Grab another kid. While their distracting the crab, grab an adult to catch it. laugh
I was able to have 2 adults catch them in one round. laugh
The crabs will add a lot of food after the rocks are cleared, to the food amount, too. Very worth while using if food is still low.
grin

Posted by: RoseRed

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 12:17 AM

Anyone else try to pause during this puzzle and crash to desktop with an error message : Access Violation

I'm trying to figure out if pausing caused my crashing or not.

Might be helpful to others to know if it is that or having Firefox open.

Or maybe it is just me! haha smile
Posted by: pawtet

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 12:38 AM

I had the same prob. when I tried the pause thingy. There must be a better way to catch them buggers.
Posted by: bubbly38

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 04:50 AM

Click to reveal..
My kids keep running away. How do I get them to stay there? Do I have to pause the game just as the crab comes out of the sand?

Never mind, I got it smile But I am also having the crashing problem when pausing the game in this spot.
Posted by: armybeans

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 07:39 AM

I hate this one. Those are some fast little buggers and I can't seem to be fast enough.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 08:52 AM

Please report actual crashes in the Tech Support Forum. If possible, write down the exact error message (if it gives you one). There is a known (windows version) bug that will occur if you try to hurry this puzzle too much.
Posted by: erindors

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 02:35 PM

I so HATE this puzzle my reflexes arnt as fast as they used to be so I must admit defeat on this one I dont think the peeps who thought of this puzzle were thinking of us oldies who arnt as fast as we once were ......
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: yorzah
I so HATE this puzzle my reflexes arnt as fast as they used to be so I must admit defeat on this one I dont think the peeps who thought of this puzzle were thinking of us oldies who arnt as fast as we once were ......

This oldie got it. If at first you don't succeed; try try again.
Posted by: erindors

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:03 PM

Well my kiddies must be faster than yours cos I cant keep them in one place long enough lol

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:07 PM

I'm an oldie too and had no difficulty once I realised what the solution was.

Click to reveal..
Once you drop the first kid on the crab they'll start 'distracting' it. There's plenty of time to grab a second kid, and then an adult to do the actual catching. No need to pause the game.

Posted by: invalidthirteen

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:31 PM

Please guys, i can't even find a crab! Help me out pleasseee!!!!

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 05:37 PM

invalidthirteen, do read the rest of a thread before posting a question; in particular read my earlier post to this thread].

Posted by: eleanor1183

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 06:46 PM

I was having a really hard time until I started using older kids...they kept running away fast as soon as I put them on the beach...only have one caught so far...this is a toughy!
Posted by: ILikeRunners

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 05:14 PM

It's not that tough as long as you wait until
Click to reveal..
the crab appears before dropping the first kid on it. I hold the kid by the beach above the pier and wait for the crab to jump up. As soon as it does, I drop the kid, quickly grab another kid and drop him/her in the same place. Then you get an adult. You have to repeat this five times
to complete puzzle #10.
Posted by: Caireann

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 03/01/10 11:44 PM

I found it very easy... I just,
Click to reveal..
Dropped two kids on the beach, North of the pier, then wait for a crab. As soon as it comes out, immediately pause. While paused, drop a kid on the crab. Unpause long enough for the kid to start 'distracting' the crab, then immediately pause again. Drop another kid on the crab and grab an adult. Unpause and wait until both kids are 'distracting' the crab. Then drop the adult on it.

My game didn't crash once.
Posted by: Krelxean

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 03/02/10 12:51 AM

Click to reveal..
I only used pause once on this puzzle...

BTW, the tree of life in the cutscene has aerial roots and seems thicker, while the tree of life in-game has no aerial roots other than those fused into its "trunk".

Posted by: Lilas

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 03/04/10 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:

They're a sign that life is returning to the Tree. You need to have solved Puzzle #12 before they start to appear.

It doesn't make sense for me to have to have puzzle 12 solved before 10. Really?
Posted by: chiniakbay

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 03/10/10 12:56 AM

Every time I put an adult on the crab they just say "no".
Posted by: laurence

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 03/10/10 05:18 PM

chiniakbay, look here! and click on the blue words wink
Originally Posted By: arnie
invalidthirteen, do read the rest of a thread before posting a question; in particular read my earlier post to this thread].

Posted by: Ila123

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 07/06/12 05:19 PM

I thought this forum was supposed to be for iPhone/iPad game. Seems like there is a lot of references to the desktop version of the game here.

Is there a quick way to pause the game on the iPad? I read in the Windows/Mac version you hit the space bar, but that won't work on an iPad. Is there another way of getting he crab othere than pausing the game?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 07/06/12 06:32 PM

This sub-forum is (as you can see at the top) is for "Windows/Mac Games (and Palm/Pocket PC)". We do have a sub-forum for the iOS version of this game here. Since the puzzles are the same on both versions, iOS users can find puzzle help in the Windows/Mac forum as well.

Unfortunately, the only way to pause the game on an iOS device (iPad/iPhone/iPod) would be to go to the main menu, select Options, and select "Paused". Remember to press "Done" to have the settings take effect.

It is possible to do the puzzle without pausing the game, however. smile
Posted by: Gertie

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 01/19/15 03:36 AM

Impossible to do this puzzle on I Pad mini as there is no way to pause game while having a kid distract the crabs.

Thanks. Had not found that forum so far. Will look there.

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 01/19/15 11:08 AM

Gertie,

Pausing the game makes it easy to complete the puzzle (so easy it's almost like cheating) but it's certainly possible to do it without pausing. Admittedly I could do it on a PC rather than the smaller screen of an iPad mini, but see my earlier post in this thread.
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: Questions about Puzzle #10 (contains spoilers) - 01/23/15 02:04 AM

I got it done by pausing.