Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Gamemastr1

Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/21/10 09:39 PM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 7 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: nely

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/23/10 05:02 PM

What do you do, when the rubble is cleaned?
Posted by: esther1981

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/23/10 05:06 PM

Click to reveal..
heat rocks under the fire. it takes 4 of them. then drag someone to the (i think its a banana tree) between the soapy flower and the blackberries.

Posted by: jeresandy

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 05:07 AM

Click to reveal..
Put the person at the base of the Banana Tree

Posted by: JFuqua

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 05:26 AM

is there a trick to getting the 4 rocks on there and not having them go cold?
Posted by: JessieBug

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 05:32 AM

Click to reveal..
The only reason I was able to do it in time was because I had a runner, maybe as soon as you have someone pick up the hot rock, have someone else put one to be heating, and so on....

Posted by: esther1981

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By: JessieBug
Click to reveal..
The only reason I was able to do it in time was because I had a runner, maybe as soon as you have someone pick up the hot rock, have someone else put one to be heating, and so on....

that's exactly what i had to do!
Click to reveal..
as soon as 1 picked up the rock under the fire, i had 1 picking another one to go on the fire.

Posted by: Becca123

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 07:48 AM

How exactly do you clear the rubble? My villagers are saying "removing these rocks seems technically difficult"
Posted by: Random_Guy

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 07:50 AM

You need
Click to reveal..

Level 2 in Construction

Posted by: Becca123

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 08:34 AM

Thanks a heap random guy! smile
Posted by: Random_Guy

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/24/10 08:51 AM

No problem smile
Posted by: MissTonya

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 12:19 AM

TY Everyone for your help with this one . Very much appreciated
Posted by: zgyt4033

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: JFuqua
is there a trick to getting the 4 rocks on there and not having them go cold?

Just slow your game speed
Posted by: invalidthirteen

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 01:17 PM

but when the game speed is slow, the time taken to take the rock hot also slow, is it??
Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 02:27 PM

Use two peeps.
Click to reveal..
Use one to take the hot rock from the fire to the pit, and immediately drop another on the rock pile to take another rock to the fire. Watch the rock closely, and as soon as it turns red, repeat.

Even better, use a runner. wink
Posted by: Melissa Heerdt

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 06:36 PM

can someone help me with puzzle 7? Its telling me it needs to be covered. what does it need to be covered with?
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/25/10 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Melissa Heerdt
can someone help me with puzzle 7? Its telling me it needs to be covered. what does it need to be covered with?

Read through this thread, the answer is here.
Posted by: Phyllis

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 10:02 PM

I certainly am having alot of trouble getting them all on the pit & stay hot,it is really a challenge.is there any other tips to do this,I have driven myself crazy doing just what other people have mentioned.,but I will keep on trying until I finally get them all on .

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Phyllis
I certainly am having alot of trouble getting them all on the pit & stay hot,it is really a challenge.is there any other tips to do this,I have driven myself crazy doing just what other people have mentioned.,but I will keep on trying until I finally get them all on .

Click to reveal..
As soon as you have a villager pick up a hot rock, get another villager to put a new one on the fire. It can be completed successfully but you must have them ready immediately.

Posted by: Nanato4Ts

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: jeresandy
Click to reveal..
Put the person at the base of the Banana Tree

I did that but my guy was confused and said that the rocks weren't hot yet? I had the water boiling and herbs added. I just need some food! My poor people are starving!! ;-)
Posted by: Sarah=]

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 10:38 PM

When the puzzle is finished, is it permanent? Or will they eventually go cold?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/26/10 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sarah=
]When the puzzle is finished, is it permanent? Or will they eventually go cold?

Click to reveal..
They will stay hot permanently.

Posted by: belleebutton

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 02:00 AM

I have level 2 in construction, and am doing the drop to carry a new rock when the other one is hot. Do I need saltwater? Freshwater? No water? They won't pick up the rock if the pot is empty. I'm so frustrated, lol.
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 02:38 AM

Have you completed the boiling water puzzle?

Um the trees that hold fruit-- do they ever die out of fruit? If so I wonder how long you could depend on that food source...

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 03:44 AM

Click to reveal..
I've got a red, a white and a yellow herb and food from the bin (it looks like he's carrying berries -- if that's the case, and berries won't work, how can I make sure that he carries mushrooms, since the only food sources I have are the berries and mushrooms --> but once they get into the bin, I don't know how to sort through them to ensure that my guy carries only non-berries to the pot) in the boiling water as well as I've taken at least 6 hot rocks to the pot (just how many, I'm not sure because once they go under the pot, I can't see them to count them).
I try as hard as I can to put another rock on the fire as soon as the hot rock is carried off to the pot, but it's hard to time that perfectly since my people aren't runners and I can't "pause" the guy with the replacement rock waiting for the split second that the rock gets hot. I tried putting more than one rock on the fire, but that doesn't seem to work either. No matter what I try to do, the guy I take over to the banana plant keeps telling me that he's confused ... says the rocks are not hot yet.

I am as diligent as I possibly can be to try to get some stew brewing ... but I'm at the point now where I think this is just too darned difficult to be possible under normal circumstances. Do I need a special level of something? Am I missing some important step? Please help me because I'm just about out of food and my tribe will slowly but surely starve to death. :-(

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 03:58 AM

Puzzle #7 has nothing
Click to reveal..

to do with the pot! Puzzle #7 deals with the oven pit which can be found next to the two fruit trees.

Posted by: belleebutton

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 04:25 AM

Thanks! I'm not done the puzzle yet, but now I'm on the right track smile
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 04:28 AM

Click to reveal..
What I did:(I forgot I had to put bannana leaves on and it still worked!!!) is I put one on and waited about -15 seconds?- and then put one person back on the rock pile and did the same thing

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/27/10 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
Puzzle #7 has nothing
Click to reveal..

to do with the pot! Puzzle #7 deals with the oven pit which can be found next to the two fruit trees.

Sorry. I read the All about Food thread and this thread was referenced as informational. Sorry.
Posted by: Calimero

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 02/28/10 11:08 AM

I see you talking about a runner, but how do you get one?
Or should I be lucky enough that there is a runner born?

--

I've finished this one! Without a runner
Posted by: P-L

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/06/10 09:26 PM

I'm at level 2 at Dendrology but they still says; Removing these rocks seems technically challenging. And i've tried with Build Master,Scientist Master and Farm master.Pleeaasee help me!!
Posted by: frogboy

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/06/10 10:33 PM

You need level 2 in Construction to move the rocks. grin
Posted by: P-L

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/06/10 10:46 PM

Oops! i read wrong before , no i've vested 3000 teach points

Thx for helping anyway!grin
Posted by: George T SLC

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/19/10 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Calimero
I see you talking about a runner, but how do you get one?
Or should I be lucky enough that there is a runner born?

You should be so lucky! laugh

In other words: Yes. A runner is a villager who has "running" in their "Likes" space, and keeps on moving like a kid after they turn 16. Perfectly random.
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/21/10 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
Have you completed the boiling water puzzle?

Um the trees that hold fruit-- do they ever die out of fruit? If so I wonder how long you could depend on that food source...

I haven't run out of the yellow fruit yet, but as soon as you can,learn to make cloth, it's needed in one of the other projects for food

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 04/21/10 01:34 PM

That's right. The trees never run out of fruit. However, not many food points are gained, espcially as it takes the farmers so long to shake down the fruit, cook it, then take it to the food bin. With a moderately-sized village you'd need several farmers to keep the village properly supplied relying solely on the yellow fruit. That of course might slow down the village's development elsewhere as they could be better deployed as builders or researchers.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 05/05/10 03:28 AM

I love how helpful everyone is, but there is one thing I am still a little unclear on.

Click to reveal..
Do you need to have one of the people shake down a yellow fruit before you start heating the rocks? Or after? Or does the yellow fruit not actually have anything to do with this puzzle?

Posted by: Jenny23

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 05/05/10 06:34 AM

If you shake down the fruit before the cooking pit is ready, it will just disappear and be useless. Once you have the pit ready to cook on, then have someone start shaking down the fruit.

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 05/05/10 06:52 AM

Thank you, Jenny23, that helps a lot! smile

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 05/06/10 04:45 PM

Quote:
Once you have the pit ready to cook on, then have someone start shaking down the fruit.

In fact, it's quite likely that, once the fire pit is ready, the farmers will start shaking down the fruit on their own, without any prompting from the Guiding Hand. cool

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 05/06/10 05:17 PM

Thank you, too, arnie. smile It's completed now, but I don't remember if I had to drag someone over to the tree or not. I don't think I did, so you must be right about them doing it on their own as soon as the pit is ready.
Posted by: neickm

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 03/10/21 06:06 PM

I need help with puzzle #7. I have the hot rocks but nothing else Took some of the villagers to the tree and nothing happened. does anyone know how to finish that puzzle?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 03/11/21 11:28 PM

Hi neickm. Have you
Click to reveal..
placed the 4 hot rocks on the fire pit near the tree with the hard, yellow fruit? After that, you'll need to cover the fire pit with banana leaves, to retain the heat. There's a banana plant to the right of the blackberries. Drop a villager at the base of the banana plant and they should pick up some banana leaves and take them to the fire pit. Once the pit is properly covered, drop a villager at the base of one of the trees with the hard, yellow fruit and they'll do the rest.
I hope this helps! smile

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 03/17/21 04:44 PM

hot rocks are in the pit villager is shaking tree but only the fruit is coming down. no leaves

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 03/17/21 05:31 PM

need help with puzzle 14. where do I get the seet plants from?

Re: Questions about Puzzle #7 (contains spoilers) - 03/17/21 05:51 PM

got it thanks for your help. do you know how to solve puzzle 14 at all? need to find sweet plants but don't know where to find them> if you can help please help thanks.