mod forum links invalid

Posted by: tara71

mod forum links invalid - 03/28/13 04:00 PM

Hi, I started to do mods with my VF game , I have everything worked out and my only problem is the white lines that had the guides to separate each maps. If anyone know about the links that used to be in the forum, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: mod forum links invalid - 03/28/13 06:02 PM

Hi tara71. I'm not sure which forum for Virtual Families you're asking about. There's the Virtual Families for Windows/Mac Games (and Palm/Pocket PC), which also has a sub forum called Mod Discussion and Comments, and there's a Virtual Families Mod Forum, just to name a few.

There had been a forum crash some time ago and we've been working on fixing broken links. If you post the link to the particular thread(s) that contains broken links we can certainly fix them. smile

Re: mod forum links invalid - 03/28/13 09:57 PM

Thanks for the reply MissKathy, your teams is so helpfull and all the people here.. just love it!! I use PC version of VF and i just wanted to know what to do about the lines between the maps.. i think i just need to go back and re-edit them with new layers! :-)I also worked with GIMP ..thanks to the tutorial from bayoublonde excellent work! :-)

Re: mod forums link invalid - 03/28/13 11:13 PM

I just wanna get rid of these lines.. can't find anything that can tell u how to use the maps after you are done putting them together! i added a screenshot as a files ;-) i hope i did this right

Re: mod forums link invalid - 03/28/13 11:58 PM

You should have a total of 16 maps/images. Each has to be exactly 512 pixels by 512 pixels. If they are even a pixel smaller, I have seen lines similar to what you're seeing. I know how frustrating it can be! crazy

I've also seen the lines when I've had "wet edges" turned on (I used Photoshop when I used to Mod). It makes the outside edge of each image a light color, similar to what you're seeing.

Could either of these be happening with your images?

Of course there are other possibilities, depending on the steps taken to create the mod, but the 2 things I mentioned are a good start.

Re: mod forum links invalid.. I think i did it!! - 03/29/13 03:58 AM

well tytyty for all your help.. my lines are gone!!! yippeee!!! now i just need practice and i will show you my new house :-) thanks again MissKathy ;-)

Re: mod forum links invalid.. I think i did it!! - 03/29/13 04:17 AM

HURRAY!!! laugh You're very welcome! smile What was the cause? Can't wait to see your new house!

Re: mod forum...I did It!!! my new house - 04/01/13 12:03 AM

ok I had a hard time with mod... but i wanted to show my new house. :-)Thanks MissKathy!!!

Re: mod forum...I did It!!! my new house - 04/01/13 03:20 AM

It's beautiful Tara! Great job!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: emri

Re: mod forum...I did It!!! my new house - 04/01/13 09:39 AM

Really nice!