[SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments

Posted by: thena

[SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/17/10 06:26 AM

I'm interested to know if anyone is conducting rare child experiments (twins/triplets/rainbow-haired) for the iPhone/iTouch version of Virtual Families. I was just reading about such experiments for the Windows/Mac version, and I want to know if I can do similar things on my iTouch game.
Please reply if you are conducting an experiment or if you know someone who is. Thanks!
Posted by: Midii

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/17/10 08:23 AM

Nobody's experimented with rainbow-hair for the iphone/itouch version of V.F., so I thought I'd give it a go.
Part 1
I had to choose the right person, which took forever since tapping endlessly on 'try again' isn't the funnest job in the world, but I finally got my rainbow-haired girl called Blondie, which seems kind of funny.
I'm still rejecting marriage proposals right now...I'll post more updates later.

By the way, how do you post photos?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/17/10 03:39 PM

Look here.
Posted by: arnie

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/17/10 07:17 PM

Quote:
I finally got my rainbow-haired girl called Blondie, which seems kind of funny.
In one of my first families (on the PC) I got a rainbow-haired girl called Blondie, as well! At the time I didn't know that there was anything special about her, though.
Posted by: thena

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/19/10 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Midii
Nobody's experimented with rainbow-hair for the iphone/itouch version of V.F., so I thought I'd give it a go.
Part 1
I had to choose the right person, which took forever since tapping endlessly on 'try again' isn't the funnest job in the world, but I finally got my rainbow-haired girl called Blondie, which seems kind of funny.
I'm still rejecting marriage proposals right now...I'll post more updates later.

Thanks for trying Midii, I hope you get the results soon
Posted by: Midii

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/19/10 09:13 AM

Quote:
In one of my first families (on the PC) I got a rainbow-haired girl called Blondie, as well!

Did your Blondie look like this, arnie? I hope I attached the photo correctly.

Posted by: laurence

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/19/10 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Midii
... I hope I attached the photo correctly.
Yes, Midii, it's almost good!

Anyway, your Blondie is very cute! grin

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/20/10 09:30 AM

Yes, that's her. In fact, her name seems popular for rainbow-haired girls. There's a pic of my Blondie, and mention of another, here.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 10/20/10 10:21 PM

Ok, I have to show off here! This was part of my experiment for getting Rainbow Families. There were more families that came after these but I'm sure you get the idea. smile Mine was not done on an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch.
Posted by: familygirl228

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 01/11/11 03:36 AM

I've never done that sort of experiment before. I just like to let the game take its course, but maybe one day I might just get a rainbow haired child. But I don't think it will work with this family I have because they mostly have brown hair. Oh well. Perhaps another time.
Posted by: Dedawen

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 02/17/11 11:26 PM

How does one get a compatible partner? I mean, I can click myself into carpal tunnel & finally get a rainbow woman, but the marriage proposals she is going to get are totally random, with the chances of her getting a Mohawk or blue spikey haired husband very very slim.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 02/18/11 09:37 AM

It is much more difficult (and at times seemingly impossible!) to find a specific partner on the iOS version of the game, simply due to the inability to create backup save game files. Those were used in the Windows/Mac version of the game to restore the game to a previous time to 'try again' for a compatible partner.
Posted by: Dedawen

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 02/18/11 10:15 AM

Yeah I've recently purchased the PC version of the game and am doing that...its definitely a trail of patience.
Posted by: Virtual Livin'

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 02/09/12 12:47 AM

I've really been wanting to try this. I FINALLY found a woman with rainbow hair that wants kids. Now I'm having trouble finding a husband.

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 02/09/12 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtual Livin'
I FINALLY found a woman with rainbow hair that wants kids. Now I'm having trouble finding a husband.

I hope you're not rejecting any that don't want kids. Even though they may say that they don't want them, they are still likely to have them, although it might take a little longer before they "catch"*. It's hard enough to find rare peeps as it is!

*Much like Real Life, in fact. smile
Posted by: maowang

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 03/25/12 08:04 PM

how did you do that? Is it a cheat?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: [SPOILERS] Rare Child Experiments - 03/25/12 08:08 PM

It's not a cheat. smile

Rare children are a facet of the game that many people enjoy experimenting with and is explained in the first post in this thread. smile