Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook

Posted by: Distraida

Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 03:04 AM

Hi.

I have had a single village running since September when I bought the game. For some reason 2 days ago, I became unable to make stew. When I try to make stew, villagers will bring harvested food to the pot and not the food bin, and when I drop anyone on the food bin they just keep adding to the pot. I've kept the water hot, added the herbs, etc, etc. It worked fine up til 2 days ago. Did I hit some kind of bug because I've had the village for so long? cry
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 04:39 AM

It sounds like you have begun a special stew that is one of the puzzles. The villagers will continue this behavior until you have completed the puzzle (or reset the stew), and that is normal once that puzzle has been started.

Re: Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 04:59 AM

Ack. Yes, I missed a puzzle

Re: Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 05:12 AM

The game was released a year ago, and no one has ever reported something like that happening, nor have we ever seen it ourselves. Unless we could recreate it ourselves, I really can't say why this is happening. Do you have any recollection of something different that you did that might have triggered this?

Re: Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 06:35 PM

Yup. User error. I did miss a puzzle and that was what was confusing the stew thing. Thank you for your help. Customer service here at LDW is phenomenal. blush cool

Re: Virtual Villagers 4, Stew Won't Cook - 02/25/11 06:50 PM

YAY! I much prefer user error over mysterious, elusive game bugs! grin

Thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad it's all sorted out now! laugh