Things that annoy you in Virtual Families

Posted by: Hello54321

Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 06/24/11 04:18 PM

Not really bad things about the game,but annoying things

Example:
'I hate when your about to get a collectible and it disappears!'
Posted by: Umineko Otaku

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 06/24/11 08:29 PM

I hate it when parents call the children to dinner over and over and over........and over.
Posted by: TiffanyAnne

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/03/11 07:16 PM

I don't like the fact that you can't go anywhere except the house I would like to be able to live like normal people and be able to go different places cause it gets boring just staying at the house and my person said that she would love to take a vacation and I would love to be able to take my family for a vacation every now and then ya know
Posted by: topaz19

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/04/11 07:24 PM

I'd like to have a fix for my people who were not successful in having any kids throughout the entire game -- not even a little orphan. The adults died, and now I can't start another family.

- Maryann
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/04/11 09:04 PM

Sorry to hear this happened to your family. frown Hopefully you'll start a brand new family and use the tips posted on this page. You just need to be persistent. Do you know how to delete just that family to start a new one?

It also helps to pause the game and make a backup copy of that game slot before your adults get too old to have children. That way if something happens to those adults, you can use your backup rather than having to start the game all over from the beginning.
Posted by: topaz19

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/04/11 10:55 PM

Thanks for responding to my post.

How do I delete a family to start a new one? And how do I make a backup copy of the game slot. I'm not very computer-savvy, but I'm good at following instructions.

- Maryann

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/11 01:59 AM

Hi Maryann, I haven't lost a family yet so I'm not sure what screen you see when you open your game so I'll just go by what I do know and hope it helps. smile If you only had the one family and you didn't add any mods, the easiest way to start over is to click the Start Over button on the game screen (see image #1 below). This will wipe out all the game slots (probably any mods) and start the game from the beginning again.

If you don't see that screen when you you start up your game but instead see a screen with options at the bottom that look like image #2 below, then just click the Menu button and it will take you to the screen that will give you the Start Over option.

If you choose not to use the start over button because you have other families running in the other game slots then look closely at image #1. See where it says "Click name to change player"? If you click in that box (in this case mine says Kathy) you'll see something similar to image #3 shown below (I have 5 different families). Click "Delete" for the family that you want to delete. You will then be able to start over just that game slot and all of your images will be untouched.

You might be saying to yourself "What? I can have more than 1 family at a time??? The answer is "YES!!!" Just give each a name and you can shuffle between them using the screen in image #1.

Here's how to backup your savegame files. Remember to Pause each game BEFORE making your backup copy. Otherwise the family will age right along with the original one and the backup will be of no use.

Hope I didn't confuse you! smile -Kathy
Posted by: Umineko Otaku

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/08/11 01:18 AM

I don't like that a women holding a baby can fix a leaky sink but won't work on her career.
I also don't like that she can play video games and browse the web but won't work on her office career.
It is also annoying that she can work on her hobby in the workshop but won't work on her workshop career.
And last but not least, I don't like that she can prepare a meal but won't work on her kitchen career.
Posted by: Oreocreme

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/10/11 03:51 AM

I don't like the fact that pets are like furniture--in the house forever. You can only switch from one type of animal to another. It is sort of weird if your great-grandmother's cat is still walking around your house. I usually buy a new animal when a new couple takes over the house, but the store doesn't always have one, so I end up with a 100 year-old dog. I think they should be more like members of the family, and I don't think you should be forced to have a pet forever just because you bought one once.
Posted by: FlyersfaninNV

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 12/10/11 09:25 AM

I don't like that 4 year old child peeps can have squeezing a pimple for an action\status.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 12/11/11 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Oreocreme
I don't like the fact that pets are like furniture--in the house forever. You can only switch from one type of animal to another. It is sort of weird if your great-grandmother's cat is still walking around your house. I usually buy a new animal when a new couple takes over the house, but the store doesn't always have one, so I end up with a 100 year-old dog. I think they should be more like members of the family, and I don't think you should be forced to have a pet forever just because you bought one once.

You can always rename the pet_grid.png file and then the pet images won't show in your game. When you're ready to have a pet again, rename the file to the original name. You also have additional pet options in the Pet Listings of the Virtual Families Mod Directory. Of course in order to use either of these options, you must have access to the games image folder. smile
Posted by: idasone

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 12/22/11 09:42 PM

i don't like it when all your kids go to college and the parents don't die fast!
Posted by: boet

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 10/28/12 08:21 PM

I don't like to start new generation when there is a remaining spouse that is living longer. And so it can be boring and take a while for new family. I would not mind the remaining spouse moving out if it said something like moving in with daughter or son....

Arg, it is just a game but jeez....
Posted by: candypanda57

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 10/30/12 04:55 PM

I like that when you start a new generation you get a marriage proposal pretty quickly. I hate that if you reject the first proposal you have to wait quite a while to get another one. I had to wait an hour one time. That's why I usually just go with the first proposal that comes along.
Posted by: Andy'sGirl

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/07/12 08:49 PM

It annoys me how pets are treated like furniture. They are too cute to be ignored.
Posted by: JudasFm

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/09/12 05:31 PM

Two things:

1. The fact that when your kids have moved out, you're just waiting for the parents to die. It's not so bad in the beginning, as you can still buy upgrades for the house, repair floors, walls etc, but once you have everything, it's just tedious.

2. The fact that some collectibles only appear when it's raining, and often not even then. I like the collectible aspect, but not this part. I'm on Generation 12 of my current family and I have two bugs. Beyond frustrating.
Posted by: Magesteff

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/16/12 04:25 AM

In most of the games (Virtual Villagers etc) it's the female characters that end up doing the first two years of child care. It would be nice if it was random chance (50/50) between which parent spends the first two years carrying the child around. It seem to penalize the female characters - they can't progress in any skills in any of the games when there is a child.
Posted by: GypsyFade

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 12/12/12 07:25 PM

I wish there were more options than just Caucasian couples.
Posted by: RaggDoll

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 01/14/13 10:44 AM

Why is it so hard to get a rainbow family??? I try and try and try, but even when I get a rainbow gal, or blue/black guy; no rainbow proposals come I. These tow are so in frequent it is annoying. have one game for trophies, and a couple more to make rainbow families. My peeps get too old for more than one kid by the time I get a decent mate to show up. GRRRRR...... Other than that I love the game, but won't be getting for any apple product, get it out for androids.
Posted by: IsolaFlower

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 01/31/13 10:52 PM

I know the problem very well and it bugs me! But what I usually do is have a rainbow\blue haired girl\guy and then wait till I get a Blonde proposal...because as you can see here...
http://teacherkathy.com/VF/bigheads00.png
The blondes are RIGHT by the "special people" so its alright if you can't find another in their range, just settle for a blondie that's close to them and you still have a good chance for special kids smile
Posted by: PoptartChris

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 03/23/13 11:22 PM

LOL squeezing a pimple XD What i dont like is that they dont have much furniture i nearly bought almost everything same for the upgrades they should put a house upgrade they they update the WHOLE entire house and add a second floor decorating furniture like in VF:2 would be nice
Posted by: MaddieMoo

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 03/24/13 02:20 PM

What annoys me is that virtual families 2 hasn't come yet, that's what I dislike about it but patience is a part of the game too :{
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 06/28/13 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MaddieMoo
What annoys me is that virtual families 2 hasn't come yet, that's what I dislike about it but patience is a part of the game too :{
VF2 alredy came out!!! laugh
Posted by: Thandi

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 06/29/13 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: GypsyFade

I also wish there were more races.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 06/29/13 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Thandi
Originally Posted By: GypsyFade

I also wish there were more races.

Yes, me too. But it is hard to do, graphically.
Posted by: Rozzy47

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/02/13 03:14 AM

What annoys me is watching the little boy or girl looking for mommy and mommy is in the same room. Duh! LOL! And wishing for closets and they are looking outside. LOL! Don't you just love the lazy maids?

On the next VV they should allow the families to order pizza. Just saying and have a mail carrier and a delivery guy to drop off packages. It would really be cool if the families had visitors... Like families and neighbors just saying. smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/02/13 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Rozzy47
It would really be cool if the families had visitors... Like families and neighbors just saying. smile
Yes OF COURSE!!! That would be waaaaay cool, and also I got the "birthday" e-mail and it would really be nice if it was a peep's birthday or holiday and friends and family came to visit and gave gifts!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/02/13 04:27 AM

All suggestions should be added to the appropriate Suggestions thread in the Developer Feedback forum, so they are all in one place for us to use when appropriate. smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/03/13 02:55 PM

oh, okay sorry, just, you know, someone starts this and we all get carried off, not that I blame you Rozzy47. smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/13 05:22 PM

The bug collection. I wish there was an option (maybe for 10,000 or some other high price, so as not to make it too easy) for your people to hire a surveyor or something and turn up a rare collectible. Bit like the chief in VV3 smile
Posted by: arnie

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/13 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JudasFm
The bug collection. I wish there was an option (maybe for 10,000 or some other high price, so as not to make it too easy) for your people to hire a surveyor or something and turn up a rare collectible. Bit like the chief in VV3 smile

Click to reveal..
"The bug whisperer" will produce one or two rare bugs for you. He only appears as an event, though; you can't buy his services, so it's possible you won't see it for ages.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/13 05:36 PM

Or ever.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/13 06:16 PM

I'd forgotten another thing.
Click to reveal..
There's a creepy neighbour who spies on you and sometimes sends an email that he's spotted a rare collectible in the yard. That won't necessarily be a bug, though, it could be one of the leaves and nuts collection or a bone.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if the first one I mentioned is in VF1; it might be only in VF2. The second is definitely in both games, though.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/05/13 06:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the first one you mentioned is in VF2

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/07/13 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Click to reveal..
"The bug whisperer" will produce one or two rare bugs for you. He only appears as an event, though; you can't buy his services, so it's possible you won't see it for ages.

Yeah, I've had that three times. The first time got me a nice new rare bug, the second time got me a rare bug I already had and the third...well, I zipped around the garden, but the rare bug never turned up. I guess it doesn't always work wink
Posted by: Madame Dossier

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/08/13 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Rozzy47
It would really be cool if the families had visitors... Like families and neighbors just saying. smile

I agree. They seem so isolated, with no other houses in sight, no visitors, and they never leave the house themselves.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/08/13 06:18 PM

I suppose VF2 includes a small step in that direction; there's the maid, gardener and the workmen, although it's not possible to really interact with them.

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 07/08/13 06:58 PM

Yes, it's not possible to interact with them, but its a nudge in the right direction!
Posted by: idasone

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 10/22/13 11:21 PM

i hate it when your parents can't have children, walk really slow, there are no more kids (like young ones to pick up collectibles), and they just DONT DIE! why do they live so long?

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 10/23/13 08:25 AM

Quote:
why do they live so long?

I would say the opposite: Why are their lives so short?

The peeps die in their early 60s, generally. A 65-year-old is rare, and a 70-year-old almost unheard of. That's 10-20 years earlier than in most modern first world countries. The fact that they slow down so much at 55 is also unrealistic. Most people nowadays are fit and active until they are 65-70, often a lot later.

It's obvious Arthur is still a young man!
Posted by: austin2010a

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 10/24/13 10:23 AM

I am soooooo with you on that Arnie. Why DO they die so young? My Aunt in Chicago stopped playing because she said according to the game she had already over stayed her time on earth by almost 10 years. She is over 70 years old and I swear she could beat me in a marathon. Well, I don't know if she would beat me or not but I sure as heck wouldn't bet against her. LOL And yes, some of the lil peeps at 50 act more like they are 90.
Posted by: AlicelovesVV

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/06/13 03:21 PM

I like to give my peeps lots of personality (likes/dislikes), because I think it makes them more human, so one of my dislikes is that I can't add dislikes. But I understand that it's not possible because the game should be a positive one.
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/07/13 06:18 AM

Along the same line, I dislike the fact that I can't remove a "likes". I mean, who likes turnips?!? grin OK, my dad liked turnips, so I guess that's one's possible. (Actually I don't remember if the turnip example was from VF or VF2.) But sometimes I have a peep with a particular like and I think, "Oh, this is a dumb peep!"

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/07/13 09:42 AM

I can't say that I dislike not being able to remove a like. Granted, some peeps do have some pretty weird likes or dislikes, but that adds to the fun of the game; they'd be a pretty boring lot if some didn't have their little quirks.

In VF2 I'll only remove a peep's dislikes if they adversely affect their work. In essence, that would be "running", "learning" or "work". I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Posted by: gamefan34

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/17/13 02:31 PM

Yes I agree, and when you try to get 2 people to collect the same collectible and it doesn't work smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/17/13 02:51 PM

Not sure where to find the Developer Feedback forums, I'm new to this smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/17/13 07:43 PM

Hello gamefan34. Welcome! smile The Developer Feedback Forum can be found here. If you ever want to view a complete list of LDW forums you can click the "Forums" link at the top of the forum page. Clicking the "Forum List" link will take you to the same list. smile

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 11/18/13 12:38 AM

Thanks for your help smile
Posted by: mlw1980

Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families - 05/16/14 02:46 PM

One thing that really gets me is that pop up that says and I quote: (Want to chat with other players or get the scoop on the puzzles , then all you got to do is like our page) well something like that!! I liked the stupid page like a few weeks ago and am still getting that annoying thing. Think the least they can do is make it stop once we have liked their page!! This is vv origins and vvf 2 I'm talking about!!