No marriage proposals???

Posted by: Livilulu

No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 12:54 AM

Hi!

I have several questions about marriage proposals.

The first is what might prevent them from coming? My adoptee for the new generation just moved in, a former child, and he hasn't gotten a proposal for 3 days. Is it because his house is messy? Is he unattractive (:P)? There are no issues; he is not married, he has lots of food, I have the newest version, etcetera.

One thing, a couple days ago I noticed my calendar on my mac was one day behind (daylight savings or something like that, I dunno) and I go to my game and everyone's way older. Is this what they mean by real time? Is this what's keeping my guy from getting a proposal?

And with my other family, a girl just moved in, for the new generation, and she hasn't gotten a proposal in 20 minutes. Does she have the same issue?

Thanks!
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 01:32 AM

Time traveling is something that can damage your game. Daylight savings time might have something to do with it. Don't delete your families though. I had the same problem one time, but the guy got a proposal at 39!

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 01:40 AM

Thanks for the help/advice! I turned off the 'automatic time set' option, and the guy got a proposal immediately! Still waiting for the girl, but it'll hopefully come.

Any other heads up about marriage proposals?

EDIT: I suppose it didn't. It must have been luck. frown Any other tips on the same topic?
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 01:41 AM

laugh laugh Good! laugh laugh
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 07:53 AM

Livilulu, what generation is that family in? Also, did you accept the proposal? If so, the wife would have immediately walked through the front door of the house.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 10:52 AM

I think Livilulu means they're still waiting to get a proposal in the game with the girl. wink

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 01:04 PM

Exactly. This is happening to two families; my 34 year old man who just got married with a proposal at 31 (that's the problem, the proposals are coming late if ever) and he started the 3rd generation. The girl is a whole other family, she started the 4th generation, and she has not gotten any proposals for 2 days. smile
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/16/10 07:22 PM

As VFLover09 stated in her post, time traveling can have serious consequences for your game (even when unintentional!) There's more information about that here. The time change to your mac could very well be what is causing the delayed proposals.

Since the game has a real-time engine, time changes of any sort can mess with the internal timing. You'll find a bit more detailed explanation in the link above, along with a few solutions. smile
Posted by: BostonGirl

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/17/10 12:12 AM

Anyone know how many marriage proposals should come in one day?

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/17/10 12:22 AM

It depends, usually they come within 15 minutes of each other, but they get rarer if you keep refusing them.

Thanks a BUNCH, the girl got the proposal and I'll make sure never to do that again. Thanks!
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/17/10 03:02 PM

BostonGirl, When you first start you generation, or your first person, you get the first proposal about 6 or 7 minutes into the game... After that they do become very rare. I've found out in one of my families, that if your person's spouse dies, they might sometimes get another marriage proposal, even if their almost 45 years of age!

Hope this helps! grin
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/17/10 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
...I've found out in one of my families, that if your person's spouse dies, they might sometimes get another marriage proposal, even if their almost 45 years of age!

This only happens if the couple did not have any children. If a person is widowed and has children, they will not receive marriage proposals.

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/17/10 05:37 PM

Thanks Nora Willow and Jenny for the advice!
I have an unmarried woman that adopted a cute boy when she first moved back in at 26 years old. She did get a proposal the first day but didn't take it. Now she's 40 and has only gotten two proposals. Luckily she has the boy to inherit, but I wonder if already having a child limited the proposals?
Posted by: arnie

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/18/10 12:56 PM

Quote:
I wonder if already having a child limited the proposals?

It doesn't normally. As already mentioned, the proposals get rarer the more they are rejected, but adoption doesn't seem to have an effect on their frequency.

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 06/18/10 02:45 PM

Thanks Arnie,
I have noticed the proposals do tend to thin out if the singles are too picky and reject them early on. This woman got a second adoption last night,(never had two in one family before) and this morning she finally recieved a third marriage proposal at 47 years old. Naturally she drug him into the house and started celebrating marriage! Better late than never. Sometimes the game has strange quirks that just make it more interesting.
Posted by: Brina

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/04/10 10:17 PM

How far apart are the marriage proposals if they're rejected? I've rejected two, I didn't like the status he had on wanting children (Boots already has "No way!" as her status) and the second guy I just didn't like him in general, but I've yet to see a third proposal today.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/05/10 12:16 AM

It has been my observation that after the first 2 proposals are rejected, my peeps seem to get additional proposals at the rate of about 1 proposal per 24 hours of game running. Marie was 26 when she took over the house and rejected at least 5 men. I finally decided to marry her off at the age of 42 so that she would be young enough to produce children since no abandoned children had shown up at her door.
Posted by: laurence

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/05/10 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: MissKathy
It has been my observation that after the first 2 proposals are rejected, my peeps seem to get additional proposals at the rate of about 1 proposal per 24 hours of game running. ...
It depends of what generation you are in the game. At the first generation, you may have one proposal per hour! grin
But at the 30th generation, you'll have to wait 24 hours! smirk (I think it's the max)
As for how many proposal you may reject, I don't know but I already reject 5 or 6 without any problem!
Posted by: godzgrl4evr

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/06/10 09:18 PM

My girl peep rejected four proposals so far... er I guess I did lol... None of them want children. Now my girl is 48 years old and has an adopted daughter who is now 15, 3 at time of adoption. I fear it may be too late for my adoptive mother to have more children. *sigh*
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/06/10 09:36 PM

Even if the person proposing marriage doesn't want children, they can still have them. Go ahead and marry your woman to the next gentleman who comes knocking and perhaps there will be enough time to make a baby. An adoption event can still happen as well. Just know that your game will not end after your female passes away because there is someone to inherit the house, the female who is now 15. smile
Posted by: godzgrl4evr

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 11/06/10 09:40 PM

thanks. That's good to know.
Posted by: squishy

Re: No marriage proposals??? - 12/23/10 01:56 AM

I have had the same problem before, but my time settings have never been altered.