How long have you been playing?

Posted by: Naomi182

How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 11:48 AM

Just wondered how long people have been playing with the one 'family'? I looked and I've been playing since May 6. I've only got about 4 more bugs and 1 leaf to find smile
It's become a habit like brushing your teeth or locking the front door to check on my family every day grin
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 12:42 PM

My first family was created on June 12 but I ended up starting over soon after that because they had the remote glitch where it shows up in an unreachable spot >_<

So I guess I've been playing my current family (the one in my avatar) since the end of June.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 02:14 PM

I got mine on Mother's Day (can't remember which day exactly grin) It was my gift to myself. But I started over a few times and had to pause them while I was on vacation, then I lost my original family, but started over again. So I don't have a lot of generations, but I still love the game even with all of that.
Posted by: arnie

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 03:22 PM

On looking through old forum messages I can't find the actual announcement that VF was available. However, from a couple of other threads it seems to have been released on 22 April. I've been playing it ever since then. wink
Posted by: vfmacfan

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 04:20 PM

I've played it ever since the beginning of June, I'm on generation 15 in almost all my families smile
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 05:14 PM

I started playing within the first few days the game was available on LDW. For one reason or another, I have replaced my original families. Once they have most of the collectables and all the upgrades and have all but the virtually unattainable trophies, I find the game boring, since there isn't really a goal to work toward. When it gets to that point I relocate my current family onto that beautiful tropical island they have been dreaming about and start fresh with a new adoptee.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 06:20 PM

I've been playing since the game came out. It was from the moment it was released to now minus the time it took to download. I'm on my 15th generation for my first family, but it has been paused for a few days over the course of the time (computer issues).
Posted by: Elf-girl

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 06:27 PM

I got it the day it came out. My mom would have killed me if I stayed up and bought it the very second it came out...
Posted by: candypanda57

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 09:31 PM

I can't remember the exact day but I have been playing since very early May. I have 2 families going. My original family is currently in the 21st generation and my 2nd family is currently in the 17th generation.
Posted by: Safire

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 10:31 PM

I think I started playing early July, and my current family is on their 8th generation.
Posted by: Bluedog13

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/14/09 10:39 PM

umm I started some time in May-June like a week after the release so Idk when it was released
Posted by: Parazombie

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/15/09 02:15 AM

I started the day it was released with the demo. My mom gave me her credit card the very next day to pay for the full version.
Thanks mom!
laugh
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/15/09 07:39 AM

I started about 23 weeks ago. smile
Posted by: ajuma

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/15/09 04:52 PM

I started playing in mid to late May. I had just started replaying PT on my new computer and came on to get Borg's seed tray. I saw the new VF game and said "You're going to get addicted....don't buy it yet....you're going to get addicted..." Sigh...I made it about 36 hours before buying it.

Because of my job, I have to leave my games paused a lot, but I'm on Gen 10 on my first and favorite game. When I started, the very first thing that happened was the kitchen sink leaking!! I had NO idea what to do! Funny now that I look back on it.
Posted by: Cheron

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/15/09 05:12 PM

I received the game as a birthday present in July. I started with one family and now have several more. I am grateful to the forums for helping me overcome all the ignorant things I tried to do or didn't know to do and for helping to keep my little families healthy and happy.
See you through the screen!
Cheron
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/15/09 11:18 PM

And here *i* am just 2 weeks into owning it... Hmmm. i hate being the newbie, especially being so old! Hey, if the Games-Mistress reads this, suggestions...

1st, in true life, pets die after only 15 years or so, but ours here at VF last through generations. i know this is odd, but come on, growing up, we always had pet cemeteries... and no i am NOT talking Stephen King, but still, what about that in your next version?

And what is up with the next generation. My mother died 5 years after the father, the boy (6th of the family that i was grooming to be the inheritor) was only 18. yet when i went to make him the inheritor, he was 27...3 years older than the oldest that left for college 22 years before...

And speaking of true to real-time, why is money so odd to figure out. Sometimes, computer is off and i make tons of money for one family and the other - yes, i have 3 games going at the same time - make nothing??? yet their "salaries" are fairly comparable.
Posted by: Beth81

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/20/09 05:41 AM

I am a newbie! I just started playing in August and it was paused for a while as it was a trial membership. I gave in and bought it about two weeks ago. I am addicted! smile
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/20/09 06:01 AM

I got the game shortly after it was released, but then I didn't have much time to play it, and poor Chelsea was paused with her husband and baby for a couple of months, but recently I've started playing it again, and I am now on my third generation!
Posted by: Skylar154

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/20/09 08:37 PM

I started shortly after the game was released. I went to gen.24 in my first fam and then my laptop had to be repaired and it wiped the slot out. cry
Posted by: tkdgrl223

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/20/09 08:42 PM

I've been playing since day 1.
Posted by: Smilez10

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/21/09 12:07 AM

I started playing VF in May. I haven't checked on my little families in almost a month. I wonder how they're doing?..LOL
Posted by: ajuma

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/21/09 04:03 PM

Um...probably the kids have gone off to college and the parents have passed away. Time to start a new generation!! lol
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/21/09 06:33 PM

omg! They will not be soooo happy (if they are still alive, I mean...) *lol*

They probably won't be happy if they are dead as well. *lol*
Posted by: swedane

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/21/09 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*
omg! They will not be soooo happy (if they are still alive, I mean...) *lol*

They probably won't be happy if they are dead as well. *lol*

Your post was just too funny to pass up! LOL.. I don't suppose we will ever know the answer to that question!! laugh
Posted by: Naomi182

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/16/09 06:12 AM

I only had three bugs to go and my 3 yr old clicked Start Over on my game.... *SIGHHHHHHH*
Posted by: huskergolfer

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/18/09 05:58 PM

I have been playing since day 1. I had to start a game over though. I think I was on my 32nd generation and my little person never got a proposal, so it told me the game was over. Had over $45 million in the bank too. Drats.
Posted by: Lukerie

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/19/09 12:43 AM

I literally bought it the moment arthur announced it on the SB, around 10PM, even though he said he would release it at 12AM the next day, lol, but it doesnt hurt, 2 hours earlier is even better! Right after I bought it i waited for it to download then i started to play but I had school the next day so i couldnt play very long frown . But now im on my 22nd gen and they have about 12 billion dollars laugh
Posted by: AutumnLeaves

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/19/09 04:18 PM

Just a couple weeks ago...I was on my third generation when both parents passed away at the same time. I must have clicked too many times or something, because I didn't see the prompt to start a new generation. At this time I was naive to the fact that if you go to the family tree you can click "new generation" so I checked back now and again but only found an empty house. I'm ending my second generation of a new family now and hoping I don't keep making such silly mistakes!
Posted by: Indigo Jo

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/20/09 06:21 PM

I haven't really stopped playing. On it's day of general release I was there and I'm still her enow just as enthusiastic and still wondering how on earth they managed to make a baby like THAT!! lol....
Posted by: nanhug

Re: How long have you been playing? - 10/23/09 03:55 PM

I purchased the game on May 5th and have been playing ever since. Boy, I have no life!!!!
Posted by: MathewDavis

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/25/17 02:24 PM

I've only been playing the game since this year. Virtual families 2.. I've tried getting virtual families, but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop. I think it's just incompatible which is a shame because I really want to try it out but it's just not possible :[
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: How long have you been playing? - 09/25/17 04:12 PM

You didn't say where you downloaded Virtual Families from, but our site always has the latest version of our games, which we updated to be compatible with the latest Windows and Mac computers. You might try downloading the game from our site and see if it works any better for you.