Wrapper in tough place...

Posted by: AtarahPern

Wrapper in tough place... - 07/24/09 11:11 PM

I have a wrapper that I can't get rid of. It's in the computer room on top of the fax machine. I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I've dropped my peeps all over it and at every different angle and all they'll do is Browse the Web.
Anyone else have something similar, or any suggestions? Right now I'm waiting for a certain event to happen and clean it up.
smile
Marcey
Posted by: Uncommon Bug

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/24/09 11:28 PM

Hehe... these things happen sometimes. Well, if money isn't tight, then you should wait for the service that cleans up everything (weeds, wrappers, socks) for $50. I didn't find any other solution for that. So, just be patient. wink
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 12:45 AM

I noticed that sometimes things end up in glitchy areas and the children are more likely to pick it up. If you can't get to it, sometimes leaving and coming back to the family enough times will get the things on the floor to switch positions.

I know I've seen the remote move around, not sure about the weeds/wrappers/loose socks though. Let me know if you try it!
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 01:16 AM

You can also try "occupying" both computers with other family members. It will either cause them to be confused, or they will pick up the wrapper instead of using the computer.

Also remember that only the edge of the circle needs to touch the edge of the wrapper. So, if you can place them somehow away from the computer (maybe toward the bookshelf) with just the edge of their circle on the wrapper, that might work.

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 01:21 AM

If nothing else works, you can just wait for that maid event or if you kept a backup you can use your backups. Sometimes when I make a fresh backup even with the wrapper already existing, it'll move around when I use the new backup and reload the family.

Nothing is 100% for certain as far as I know though >_< Just a few ideas.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 02:03 AM

Wow thats strange crazy I have had some happenings like that but have eventually gotten them...... as others have said I think your best bet is to get the maids to clean it .....
Posted by: Nealsmama

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 03:58 AM

I hope the maids work for you. In my experience, they come in, charge me $50 and leave at least a sock and/or wrapper and/or cobweb. What a help!

I had a weed in the very top hedge behind the house, and I could not get anyone to pick it up. I had to wait for the weed bomb.

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 03:15 PM

Thanks all! That's idea is worth giving a try BB. I wonder what they would do... I'll have to try it when I get home.
smile
Marcey
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/25/09 05:29 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. smile

Nealsmama, I absolutely hate it when I get the event as soon as I open a family. The event actually appears in game BEFORE the new trash does. So, even if you pay for the service, it only cleans things you left there when you closed the game the last time. All the new stuff appears AFTER the maids are done. It's highly annoying, especially when you have an elderly couple without kids and you've been hoping for the event to help them out a lil. hehe

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 07/26/09 07:51 PM

Well I gave it a try. No dice. The third person I dropped on it also said Browsing the Web and stood there for half a second and then shook their head.
Oh well. I'll just keep hoping for that event.
smile
Marcey
Posted by: Ptuny

I have a sock on my computer desk? - 08/04/09 04:40 PM

.I have a sock on my computer desk, and cannot seem to pick it up....
Any suggestions?
After all, my family are neat freaks, and the smell is getting pretty bad! smirk
~~Kathleen

Re: I have a sock on my computer desk? - 08/04/09 04:58 PM

Sometimes the pickup-able items can appear in glitchy areas of the game and typically the only way to remove it is to
Click to reveal..
wait for the maid event that pops up.
It may be possible to pick it up, usually children pick up things easier but it would require lots of precision and luck!

There was another topic with a similar issue but with a wrapper on top of the fax machine, here. Unfortunately we didn't discover any solutions that did work besides waiting for that random event.

Some people make backups of their families every night just in case something like this should happen as well! If you do somehow manage to get rid of that annoying sock, I suggest looking into creating backups as explained in the topic here.

Good luck! smile

Re: Wrapper in tough place... - 09/07/09 11:51 PM

Finally after all this time I got the event I needed. Unfortunately I have another family running that has a sock in that place now. When I have gotten that event it only cleaned up the spots and wrappers and not the socks. Does that mean I'm stuck with this rotten sock on my fax machine for good?
:P
Marcey
Posted by: hpkalika

Sock stuck on the computer - 03/25/10 08:27 PM

I haven't seen a topic with this, but there is a sock stuck on one of the computers. I logged out and back in and it does not go away. I have put my family members in every area near the sock. Any idea how to get someone to pick up the sock?
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Sock stuck on the computer - 03/25/10 10:02 PM

Really, you'll have to wait until you get a maid event, and they'll pick it up. smile
Posted by: hpkalika

Re: Sock stuck on the computer - 03/26/10 01:50 AM

Thank You!