Depressed husband

Posted by: Annie321

Depressed husband - 07/08/09 01:12 AM

My poor guy's wife just died and I decided to keep playing with him for a while since he is only 59 and most of my people get to their late 60s. He is depressed and nothing will cheer him up. I even bought him a pool! Any advice??? Can he remarry?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 01:17 AM

It takes a while to affect a peep's mood. Most of the things that you can do to cheer them up do so over time. There are some things that change their happiness level immediately, but not by much.

If the couple had children, a widow or widower will not get the opportunity to remarry.

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 01:22 AM

Thank you... I bought him a sweet mango and now he is just a bit blue. Sadly, he has children, so wont remarry. It broke my heart when I tried to give him perfume to cheer him up and he went to celebrated his marriage.

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 01:42 AM

How do I do/make a screenshot
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 02:58 AM

Perfume and cologne are one of my favorite ways to cheer them up after their spouse has passed. I see it as them celebrating their (hopefully long) married life together. It usually gives a larger boost to happiness than candy or fruit (only a bit less than a professional magazine.)
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 04:24 AM

You can find the information on how to take/post a screenshot Here
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 04:26 AM

Annie321, click here for a thread on how to make and post a screenshot.
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 05:12 PM

I didn't mean to ignore that part of your post, but was called away from the pc before I could look up the link they posted. Sorry. smile
Posted by: DrDan

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
It takes a while to affect a peep's mood. Most of the things that you can do to cheer them up do so over time. There are some things that change their happiness level immediately, but not by much.

If the couple had children, a widow or widower will not get the opportunity to remarry.

SO am I reading this right - I have not been playing that long BUT .. If a couple DID NOT have kids and one dies they can remarry ? is that right?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:15 PM

Yes, remarriage of a widowed peep is possible if a couple had no children (either by birth or adoption). However, if you choose to have the widowed spouse remarry, the new spouse will replace the deceased spouse on the family tree.

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:19 PM

Thanks

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Yes, remarriage of a widowed peep is possible if a couple had no children (either by birth or adoption). However, if you choose to have the widowed spouse remarry, the new spouse will replace the deceased spouse on the family tree.

That is very interesting and good to know smile

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:52 PM

He died!!! frown

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Annie321
He died!!! frown

Sorry Annie frown
Posted by: nate the great

Re: Depressed husband - 07/08/09 07:05 PM

Srry Annie :(:(:(