[Spoiler] Rare Children

Posted by: Lyssaria

[Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/09 11:00 PM

There has been a lot of genetic experiments floating around the VF forum and I tried my hand at playing around with genetics and observing the children that come out looking different than their parents.

A "rare child" as used in this topic is a child that features a head that does not belong to his/her parents' genetic pattern. For example, if you locate your bigheads00.png file in the game's Images folder, you can use this as a guideline to see how the children should look and whether or not you have a rare child on your hands!

The rare children are programmed into the game as a way to bring some different looks into the family and keep things exciting! Just like in real life, we won't all turn out looking like our parents and that's just another way we're special.

Example 1:
A lot of you have seen my rainbow-haired girl experiment in which I paired Miss Rainbow with Mr. Spike who is right next to her on the bigheads image. To make sure I don't mistaken a unique looking head with a rare child, I open up the bigheads image and find which children the parents should produce.

According to the placement of these heads, my blue spiked hair man and rainbow haired woman can create any of these heads! How? According to the genetics pattern of the game, you can get any children between the parents, the parents' heads and the heads below and above the parents' heads.

With this in mind, I continued my experiment to see if I can get the Mohawk again and try for the female blue hair.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the blue-haired girl but since I have had the Mohawk twice already, it is possible for the families to get the heads outside of the parents' heads as long as it is placed only 1 spot above or below them.

As you can see, I also did not run into any rare children during this experiment (although this family is rare to begin with!), so this did not satisfy my curiosity too well! grin

Example 2:
Mynda posted in another topic that her family had a naturally born rainbow-haired girl and both parents had brown hair.

According to the chart, her children should come out like the following:

This means that Mynda has a very lucky rare child! I decided to recreate her couple and try to find at least two rare children. This will help prove that rare children are random and couples are not limited to having only a certain head show up as a rare child.

The distinct blue borders signify twins, black borders signify triplets and the green outline signifies rare children.

As you can see, I did not get any of the heads that are in that one spot above or below the parents' heads in the chart, but I did receive two different sets of rare children! This is a major contrast to the other experiment I did with my rainbow family, in which I did receive one of the heads above the parents' heads (Mohawk) but no rare children.

We can try to plan our families, but of course there will always be things that we cannot control. Keep backups and keep them updated at crucial points! Don't be discouraged by the rare children either, it's nice to have some diversity too. smile
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/29/09 11:09 PM

One of my couples had dark hair and had a baby from the blonde section of the image file. smile
Posted by: KCJen

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/29/09 11:51 PM

I finally started my second 5 of my families. And got the rainbow haired gal and the spikey guy and had 2 adoptions! Weird, I am lucky to get one! I had an adoption before a marriage proposal actually, first time that happened!

So far on my rainbow haired gal and blue spikey haired guy, I have a mohawk, a rainbow haired girl and a spikey blue haired boy. I have one more spot left but they are being difficult!

I also tried the rainbow gal with a normal guy, and so far all their children are boring normal ones. lol Well one has green hair the boy I guess.

I may do another 5 families and see what I can come up with.

Is it just me or do these wild haired people/children just more naughty then the normal kids/adults. Hmm

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/29/09 11:58 PM

Lol! I was wondering the same thing KCJen.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:09 AM

My poor rainbow family is in chaos, Spike II has already had a grave infection, they've been pretty sick and everytime I look away all of the rainbow kids and the Mohawk kid is either jumping on the bed or banging dishes eek

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:17 AM

Mine too! I did have the thought that they seemed a bit naughtier that most of the other kids in the game. Arther probably programmed them that way.

Hope Spike II gets better. I always worry about losing one of the kids when they get sick but have been fortunate so far not to have lost any peeps other than to old age.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:18 AM

I'm doing my best to nurse him back to health, buying the health enhancers when they show up. That was actually my first grave infection, so I hope I can help him frown

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:20 AM

OMG my spikey kid is a BRAT! I red glove him from the "wall" he goes to the bed. I red glove him from there, he goes to the "wall". I swear, I wanted to give him a timeout!

The rainbow haired girl is no better at going between the banging dishes and jumping on the bed. They really like the jumping on the bed, I think is why my parents arent breeding, they jump up there and get in their way! But I am afraid to use the red glove and hit a parent on accident. *sigh* dang kids!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:22 AM

LOL! I know exactly what you mean KCJen..I also feel bad for having to red glove them so I just end up picking them up and putting them back down until they do something good to make them feel better and hopefully replace their actions with good ones. >_<

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:23 AM

Yeah I need to start that too, this is the first time I have ever had a child "little blue" due to so many punishments! I am starting to feel guilty they will need a therapist soon. lol

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:24 AM

I love their naughtiness. Maybe I'm strange!

Lyssaria, the fruit and vitamins are great to restoring their health. They work best together if you can get them. I try to keep fruit, vitamins, and an energy drink on hand.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:27 AM

Both my rainbow girls were blue from the start, but they got better in a short time. I wonder if it's the hair...:)

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:32 AM

Thanks Lewanda! I completely forgot about the fruit..I've been picking up the vitamins, towelettes and hand gels.

I wonder if your rainbow girls are blue because of how frustrating their hair is to brush..I keep finding mine in front of the bathroom mirror trying to get through that hair.
Posted by: PeaceFrog777

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:32 AM

OK, maybe this was already answered, but is there a specific combination I can use to increase the chances of getting a rainbow haired girl, or does she turn up at random?

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:34 AM

I thought it was kind of strange. I've had peeps be blue when first adopted but not too many that were blue when first weened.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 12:40 AM

So far I've seen the most rainbow girls from pairing rainbow up with the blue spiked hair guy, and that's because there's only 4 possible outcomes you can get in that genetic pattern.

Good luck with rainbow!
Posted by: Robyn Kay

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/30/09 02:49 AM

Jessica is brunette and Marcus has black hair, their first daughter Jocelyn is blond. They are 12th generation. The only other blond is the father in the third generation.

I figure it's just passing down through the generations.
Posted by: PeaceFrog777

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/30/09 09:36 PM

Here is Rainbow's family so far. How can you tell what the kids of a couple should look like? I heard something about seeing the images file in the game, but how does that work?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/30/09 09:49 PM

You go to the Images folder in the Virtual Families game folder found in Program Files. The image you need to look at is bigheads00.png

Once that is open, find the mother's and the father's head and count how many heads are seen in between them.

I counted 64, so half would be 32. The heads closest to the middle will most likely be the kids!

If you happen to get any other kids that show up between the parents or one spot above/below them, they're naturally a part of the genetics and not a rare child.
Posted by: serendipity8777

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 01:41 AM

I'd like to share my very own blue haired little girl. Finally! laugh

Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 01:47 AM

She's beautiful! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 01:50 AM

Thank you. smile I've waited a long time for the right man for the job.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 02:12 AM

Haaa, congrats serendipity.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 02:17 AM

Thank you, thank you. As you can see I got tired of waiting for spike or mohawk so I settled for that blonde guy who's 3 heads away from rainbow girl and it worked!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 02:38 AM

That's cool! Congrats again!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 07:04 AM

Aww what a cutie grin Congrats!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 10:11 AM

Thanks, Lys. smile I hope I can call you that.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 11:52 AM

Of course! I'm fine with just about any nickname as long as it's obvious that it's me you're talking to grin

Are you going to keep her name Lilania? I think it's adorable smile
Posted by: Sammygirl99

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
There has been a lot of genetic experiments floating around the VF forum and I tried my hand at playing around with genetics and observing the children that come out looking different than their parents.

A "rare child" as used in this topic is a child that features a head that does not belong to his/her parents' genetic pattern. For example, if you locate your bigheads00.png file in the game's Images folder, you can use this as a guideline to see how the children should look and whether or not you have a rare child on your hands!

The rare children are programmed into the game as a way to bring some different looks into the family and keep things exciting! Just like in real life, we won't all turn out looking like our parents and that's just another way we're special.[quote=Lyssaria]how do u get that much children!?

Example 1:
A lot of you have seen my rainbow-haired girl experiment in which I paired Miss Rainbow with Mr. Spike who is right next to her on the bigheads image. To make sure I don't mistaken a unique looking head with a rare child, I open up the bigheads image and find which children the parents should produce.

According to the placement of these heads, my blue spiked hair man and rainbow haired woman can create any of these heads! How? According to the genetics pattern of the game, you can get any children between the parents, the parents' heads and the heads below and above the parents' heads.

With this in mind, I continued my experiment to see if I can get the Mohawk again and try for the female blue hair.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the blue-haired girl but since I have had the Mohawk twice already, it is possible for the families to get the heads outside of the parents' heads as long as it is placed only 1 spot above or below them.

As you can see, I also did not run into any rare children during this experiment (although this family is rare to begin with!), so this did not satisfy my curiosity too well! grin

Example 2:
Mynda posted in another topic that her family had a naturally born rainbow-haired girl and both parents had brown hair.

According to the chart, her children should come out like the following:

This means that Mynda has a very lucky rare child! I decided to recreate her couple and try to find at least two rare children. This will help prove that rare children are random and couples are not limited to having only a certain head show up as a rare child.

The distinct blue borders signify twins, black borders signify triplets and the green outline signifies rare children.

As you can see, I did not get any of the heads that are in that one spot above or below the parents' heads in the chart, but I did receive two different sets of rare children! This is a major contrast to the other experiment I did with my rainbow family, in which I did receive one of the heads above the parents' heads (Mohawk) but no rare children.

We can try to plan our families, but of course there will always be things that we cannot control. Keep backups and keep them updated at crucial points! Don't be discouraged by the rare children either, it's nice to have some diversity too. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 03:08 PM

wat i meant to say on the quote was how did u get so much children because editing dident work eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 03:47 PM

Of course! I'm fine with just about any nickname as long as it's obvious that it's me you're talking to grin

Are you going to keep her name Lilania? I think it's adorable smile

Yup, I'm keeping all their names. Although, Tur sounds a little too primitive for me. crazy

Update: they just had a new blue haired baby girl. I think getting a rainbow haired girl from my combination of parents would be more difficult. I keep getting the blonde girls and the bald and mohawk guys. I'm keeping one bald or mohawk guy as my 6th kid, though. For the meantime, I'm aiming for blue or rainbow haired girls.

Thanks for coming up with the experiment. Makes playing more enjoyable. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/01/09 08:05 PM

Here are some screenshots of my 'test family' New sister is Puma.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/02/09 12:08 AM

I have my bored moments when I just cant help myself but do an experiment or something wacky grin I'm glad it helped. Those kids are so cute! I still have yet to run into a little blue-haired girl in my rainbow family, but the next gen is starting soon!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/02/09 12:12 AM

lyssaria how do u get so much clidren?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/02/09 12:30 AM

I didn't have all of those children at once, what I did was:

1. Take a screenshot of the family tree with just the husband and wife or existing kids and open it in my image editor

2. Paused and closed my game, then made a copy of my game's save files as a backup.

3. Opened the game, unpaused and tried for a baby. If it worked, I click on "Family" and then take a screenshot of the new child and add it to the family tree in my image editor.

4. Paused the game and opened up another family, paused that one too.

5. Copied my backup files and replaced my game's files. This will take the baby away so I can keep trying as many times as I want.

6. Repeated steps 3-5 until my family tree in my image editor is full!

I did this for my experiment, but you can use these steps to get the child you want, any husband/wife for your peep that you want and more. smile Just stop whenever you're happy with what you have and always keep backups in case something goes wrong with your little families.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/02/09 02:23 PM

k thanks

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/09 04:11 PM

but all the kids are in the hous right besides the ones that are in collage
right?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/09 06:09 PM

The steps that I gave you would make the new children go away so I could keep making more..you can't have more than 6 kids at a time in a generation.

It was just me showing everyone what kids they would have if they kept on going smile Fake screenshot basically.

Bye bye Rainbow cry

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:29 PM

Aw, Lys that's sad. She has generously provided you her genes for your experiment. I myself am more attached to my 'test' family because they are subjected to my experiments.

Here's an update of my test family. I wish the kids would just stay and not leave mom and dad.

And introducing, my little rainbow haired girl. laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:37 PM

Congrats on your adorable families! I'm glad to see you got your rainbow-haired girl! grin Are you going to give her a different name?

I've been trying to find another Mr. Spike to continue my test family smile I definitely didn't luck out this time, I tried soo many times so far! Had to pause poor Rainbow II overnight.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:43 PM

It gets quite tiring rejecting proposals. Haha! grin

Have to ask the other 'mother' regarding the name. My roommate and I are sharing little rainbow girl. Taught her how to do your experiment and she labored over the proposals until she found Saphetta.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:45 PM

grin That's wonderful! I always have much more fun with games when I'm sharing it with someone. I always let my boyfriend choose the names in my main family since I made us the founders.

He gets random messages on his cellphone at work such as "Congrats on your new great-grandson, his name is Alphi, what do you want to change it to?"

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:53 PM

That's so cute. I love reading about husbands and boyfriends playing the game and getting addicted just like us.

Btw, I'm using your bathroom mod and it's so lovely. smile Thanks so much. My roommate likes it too.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 05:54 PM

I'm glad you two enjoy it! smile I've been thinking about what I'm going to do to that laundry room..I love the modern washer/dryer sets that are round, red and metallic grin

LOL My boyfriend gets tempted to come here and try snatching my hamster mod all for himself because I named it after him!

shocked I can finally move on with my life!

and yeah..I forgot to rename the first Spike II to something else since I only wanted the parents to use the numbered names >_< oh well!
Posted by: Indigo Jo

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 11:15 PM

My hubby ( Marc ) is a total 'hooked on the families' man! We fight over who uses the pc at times when he's home from work. Childish, I know, but come on!! these peeps are SO cute, and you do get so addicted to them it's hard to close the game down at night, and the the first thing he checks on before he leaves for work in the mornings laugh It's a love thing wink lol...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/04/09 11:41 PM

smile That's really sweet Indigo! I know me and my boyfriend have our little arguments about things like naming the children, but if you sit back and think about it, it's really cute that they care so much!

-------
Say hello to the next bouncing baby rainbow!

Posted by: badu

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/05/09 07:07 PM

hi everyone! this is my first post ever.

i just had to announce the birth of my rainbow twins! thanks to the information on this thread, i paired up blue-haired girl Azul with Spike. their family consists of 2 blue-haired girls, 1 blonde girl (?), 1 spike guy and now... the rainbow twins! thanks for showing me how this was possible. grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/05/09 07:10 PM

That's amazing badu! I'm so happy for you laugh Rainbow twins is quite the blessing! I'm really glad my topic made this possible for you. smile

Best of luck with your colorful family!

Lookie! My own colorful family just had a rare child! At least rare from what I meant in this topic laugh
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/05/09 09:03 PM

grin That's wonderful! I always have much more fun with games when I'm sharing it with someone. I always let my boyfriend choose the names in my main family since I made us the founders.

He gets random messages on his cellphone at work such as "Congrats on your new great-grandson, his name is Alphi, what do you want to change it to?"

I was reading these posts about boyfriends and husbands and it turns out I started the game the same way Lyssaria did - for my first generation we got a couple that kinda looked like us (me and my husband).

Now, we decide everything: who to adopt, every time a child is born we decide the name (if we are going to change the game name or not), marriage proposals.... So he kind of play the game with me. smile

Oh, and about the colour haired girls, I had Janis who had coloured hair, but all the children were "normal". Now my couple adopted a blue-haired girl (Bluey) and she's going to inherit the house - let's see what happens. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 11:53 AM

Update on my rainbow family. My couple now has 3 rainbow haired girls. smile

A sweet moment between father and daughter.

Final products of my 'test family' I love the little blonde girls.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 06:17 PM

Have to say, these are all so lovely! completely adorable. whilst I have had a rainbow haired girl in the past, I have never had nor helped to create a blue haired girl or a blue haired boy ( black/blue spikey ) I am envious of you all in the nicest way. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 08:52 PM

I'm sure you'll find those two children eventually Indigo! I've yet to produce a blue-haired girl as well but I'm definitely not giving up, she's so cute!

There's so many beautiful families showing up in this topic! I'm excited every time I see a new post. smile
Posted by: poncacityboy17

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 09:04 PM

i have yet to have a blue haired girl but i have had a purple haired girl once
Posted by: manatobia

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 09:29 PM

Is it just me, or does my VF screen look different?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/09 09:44 PM

I've noticed that my sister's with Vista Windows makes the peeps look short and dumpy.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/07/09 09:25 AM

Mine only seems to look odd in fullscreen, but it's probably my resolution or something.

My colorful family just had another little mohawk boy, but still no miss blue!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/08/09 08:05 PM

Oh my goodness, I finally got little miss blue! This generation's genetics are complete.. even with a rare child! Of course even though my experiment is done I'm never going to delete this family, I do want to see how long I can keep the rainbows going. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 04:58 PM

Congrats on getting Ms. Blue, Lyss.

Look what my second gen rare family just had. Triplet rainbow haired girls! grin So cute.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 05:16 PM

That's amazing serendipity! LOL so many rainbow girls shocked

I just started on gen. 3 of my rainbow family.. it took me 3 days to find another Spike haired hubby >_< I'm about to check on them, they had their first daughter.. a rainbow girl!
Posted by: vfmacfan

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 05:40 PM

I got 2 purple haired girls once, but no rainbows or blues smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 05:42 PM

The purple girls are cute! I think they're all precious in their own way grin Grats on your twins VFMF! I just saw that in the SB.

I still haven't had any twins/triplets >_< I'll probably fall out of my chair when it happens LOL

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 05:49 PM

I'm just seeing this Lyssaria. Congrats on your little blue haired girl. smile I know you waited quited some time to get her.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 06:09 PM

Thanks LW! smile She was elusive, but worth it just like you said! I ended up giving her the blue dress.. it's too bad the family tree doesn't update anything >_<

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 06:26 PM

Yeah, it would be really nice if the tree changed their clothes when you did. I hate some of the outfits they're born with.
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 06:34 PM

The two who are circled are two different people with a dirty blonde & a Red head... then they have green haired children & then they have a red/brunett and they a yellow/orange kid.. very wierd genetics...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 07:14 PM

According to Freddie and Jennifer's genetics, the most common children they'll have are found in between their heads on the bigheads00.png image file. smile I hid them in the spoiler box in case you don't want to spoil the surprise!
Click to reveal..

It is pretty cool that you have such diverse looking children!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 07:34 PM

That's amazing serendipity! LOL so many rainbow girls shocked

I just started on gen. 3 of my rainbow family.. it took me 3 days to find another Spike haired hubby >_< I'm about to check on them, they had their first daughter.. a rainbow girl!

Whew! 3 days! Wow, that's a long time. tired My roommate took 5 hours to find the mohawk guy and I thought it was tough but it was nothing compared to your 3 days.
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/14/09 07:37 PM

Wow! Thanks Lyssaria! That means alot to me considering this is my 2nd family.. The first one I thought might've lasted forever.. then the family's daughter died and then they didn't have anymore children so I had to start over! frown
Posted by: flowergirl986

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/15/09 01:58 AM

Okay, I have five families, each in the tenth to eleventh generation, almost all with six kids, and have NEVER seen one of these rare kids! How do I get one? Or is it just luck of the draw like the twins?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/15/09 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: flowergirl986
Okay, I have five families, each in the tenth to eleventh generation, almost all with six kids, and have NEVER seen one of these rare kids! How do I get one? Or is it just luck of the draw like the twins?

Flowergirl, try checking out this post. It's Lyssaria's experiment on how to get the rare children.
Posted by: flowergirl986

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/15/09 02:25 AM

Thanks for the help! I'm off to try and find them. Wish me luck!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/15/09 03:52 AM

Good luck flowergirl! Rare kids sure are rare. smile Let us know how it goes!
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/16/09 06:31 PM

Mine. No luck yet but I am working on it!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/16/09 06:49 PM

That's a very nice looking couple you chose Pokemontrainer grin Good luck! I always did think the Spike-haired guy looked nicer with the Blue-haired girl as opposed to miss Rainbow. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/16/09 07:52 PM

That's a very nice looking couple you chose Pokemontrainer grin Good luck! I always did think the Spike-haired guy looked nicer with the Blue-haired girl as opposed to miss Rainbow. smile

Thanks,Lyssaria. I think they look good too. And it took rejecting 1 proposal first! Before she accepted the e-mail she got a e-mail from a secret admirer. Now I wonder who that could be!grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/16/09 11:10 PM

Only 1 proposal? Wow! That's definitely lucky.. the fastest I got for this Rainbow family was proposal #3. That's cute that she got an email from a secret admirer! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 07:49 AM

Only 1 proposal? Wow! That's definitely lucky.. the fastest I got for this Rainbow family was proposal #3. That's cute that she got an email from a secret admirer! grin

Yeah. Plus they are a perfect match! Both dry fruit packagers.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 08:49 AM

My mum:

Update for my family:

The mum and dad are a perfect match!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 08:53 AM

Pokemontrainer99, that's great! I've only had perfect match couples twice. That's also rare. You have an altogether rare family. Little blue haired girl is so cute!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 05:22 PM

I have never found a perfect match yet shocked you really do have a rare family as Lewanda had mentioned!

Bib is such a cute name grin I love the little blue-haired girls!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 05:48 PM

Family.

Baldie digging for china.

Spike watching TV while it's off.

Family tree.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 05:51 PM

Pokiemontrainer, I named my little bald guy Hairie. You have a nice family going there.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 05:59 PM

Congrats on the little Spike-haired boy smile Hopefully miss rainbow will be coming up next! This is my Rainbow family:

I circled the rare kids (children that are outside of the natural family's genetics) and Pennella and Samba are my first twins! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 06:03 PM

CONGRATS on the twins Lyssaria! You sure had to wait long enough for them. Bet you did a happy dance! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/17/09 06:58 PM

Oh I did! I'm glad nobody could see my little happy dance as it was pretty embarrassing wink I guess happy dances aren't meant to be skillful!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 07:51 AM

I just tried for a baby, with no luck. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 08:10 AM

Aw! frown Good luck next time you try.. are you going to use baby boost?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 08:55 AM

Maybe, I'm just saving up for something.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 01:31 PM

Welcome into the house...

Their kinds of rare! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 07:26 PM

shocked Are they twins? They look really cute!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 07:43 PM

shocked Are they twins? They look really cute!

Yep they are twins. But my family is in havoc because although they are out of their bad habits the only things they do are:
1.Take a nap.
2.Watch TV
3.Play video games
4.Do the dishes
5.Play mommy/daddy

They really don't do much. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/18/09 08:46 PM

Aw frown Have you tried picking them up and putting them back down a few times to see if they'll do anything else? Sometimes if you put one child on top of the other one, they'll have a cute giggle party!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 08:33 AM

I meant to say what they do on their own, plus my spike kid still is naughty.(I posted too soon.) New kid!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 10:13 AM

Aww, another cute little blue-haired girl grin Which child are you going to choose to take over the rare family?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 10:41 AM

Aww, another cute little blue-haired girl grin Which child are you going to choose to take over the rare family?

Probaly Sapphire. I'm writing a kind of fan-fic about her so when it's out I will send a link.

PS. My fan-fic is not true because her (highlight for story spoiler)parents have not died yet(end) and Baldie is not fourteen.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 10:51 AM

Oh okay smile I love sapphire's name, I'll be sure to read the fan-fic when you do get it up here!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 11:44 AM

After I cured her infection:She caught a rough and scratchy throat, so I cure her. I go and cure someone else and when I come back to her she has a rough and scratchy throat again.
Posted by: arnie

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 12:01 PM

Get a doctor's consultation as soon a possible, Pokemontrainer! Almost certainly she's got a more serious infection.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Get a doctor's consultation as soon a possible, Pokemontrainer! Almost certainly she's got a more serious infection.

I already have. On the post it says:After the infection which means that piccie is after the infection and the text is before I cured her.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 06:40 PM

She could probably be sick again and in need of another consult.. it's worth a shot at least so we can make sure she's been 100% cured. Good luck with Bleu!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 06:48 PM

Bleu is fine.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 06:50 PM

Oh okay, smile you should just keep a look out for items that will keep her healthy like the hand gel, vitamins and fruits!

I'm glad she isn't infected with anything serious again.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/19/09 06:58 PM

She does fall asleep more often, like after each cycle of work she is tired and has to go to bed. I think I will give her a break to do whatever she wants.
Posted by: NANNY/PAPA

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 05:52 AM

I got a blue haired girl. There was a soft knock at the door, and I got to adopt her. I'm THRILLED!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 07:36 AM

Congrats N/P! She's really cute isn't she? Are you going to choose her to take over the next generation of your family? smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 01:33 PM

I just sent spike kid off with the talent scout.
Posted by: Safire

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 02:37 PM

I am so thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started a new game and the first adoptee on the screne was a girl named Carrera, and she was rainbow haired! So I adopted her, of course. Then the second proposal she gets is from a guy named Link, and he was the guy with a mohawk! So I married them, and their first baby was a blue haired spike guy! I didn't have to back up files or anything!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: NANNY/PAPA
I got a blue haired girl. There was a soft knock at the door, and I got to adopt her. I'm THRILLED!

Bluey (my blue-haired girl) was also adopted!

Can she only be adopted? confused

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 03:01 PM

Blue haired twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carrera and Link came through! Cyber has two sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 03:12 PM

Oh, you've just answered my question! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 05:14 PM

Safire you are so lucky! You didn't have to work hard at all to get that couple grin and blue haired twins in generation 1? LOL! You're so so lucky

and yeah Moonlyght, a lot of us have been producing miss blue in this thread using the couples seen at the bottom of the head chart smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 08:59 PM

I got Sapphire a new outfit today. She looks super cool in it. cool

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 10:26 PM

Annoucing new baby girl! and the kids having a giggle party!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/20/09 11:40 PM

Congrats on your little rainbow-haired bundle of joy! grin That giggle party is so cute! I love the little colorful heads.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/21/09 01:11 AM

And finally, one mohawk kid!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/21/09 01:34 AM

I'm still waiting for a mohawk!

In fact, I only got coloured-haired girls "out of the family": Janis entered as a wife and Bluey was adopted. Both had children, but I had no luck with them having rare babies. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/21/09 05:13 AM

Safire, you have been so lucky with that family! I can't help but be curious of what your last child will be. smile

Aw, I'm sorry you haven't had your little rare kiddies yet Moonlyght.. they're probably just hiding wink

-------
Looks like I didn't have to wait too long to continue the generation this time! Incoming Rainbow v.4.0

Ironically, the first child is a mohawk.. sorry Moonlyght, I stole yours eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/21/09 02:08 PM

oh... not fair cry

*just kidding*

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/21/09 08:43 PM

Lucky Family Update! I was hoping for one more rainbow, but oh well. Gregur is the closest thing.
Posted by: ajuma

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/22/09 03:49 PM

Ok, first time I'm posting a screen shot. Hope it works! Anyway, I had a black and white haired dad in my first family. He and Trishila produced 3 black haired children and one with purple hair. Dora is adopted.

Now, Soonetta just produced Candy, who looks just like her grandpa. First birth with striped hair in all of my fams! Guess who gets the house!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/22/09 06:26 PM

I decided to start another family. I adopted a Mohawk guy named Yogi, and after an hour of proposals, I found a blue haired girl named Gaga. Their first kid was Trishiana, a rainbow haired girl! Unfortunately I cannot take a screen shot, because this is a really old computer.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/22/09 06:31 PM

Oh!

I want a mohawk too!

(I think that as long as I'm not getting my last bug, I'm changing priorities in the game! *lol*)

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/22/09 09:06 PM

Sorry, Moonlyght, but I started a third family and guess who the first child was! I must be really lucky. I'm sure you'll get a mohawk of your own soon.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/22/09 09:30 PM

cry

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/23/09 12:06 AM

shocked Wow! Now that's just the game taunting you Moonlyght shocked I hope you will be the next one to get him!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/23/09 01:40 AM

I can't see how, Lyss! I only get red-haired guys. *laughs*

Even my adoptees are red haired! *laughs*

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/23/09 01:41 AM

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get him eventually!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/23/09 04:12 PM

All it takes is a little black food coloring and a razor and you can get one too! wink

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/23/09 08:44 PM

Whatever you do, don't give up! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/25/09 02:04 PM

Carrera just died!!!! cry

I gave the house to Cyber, hopefully he will have more rainbow haired peeps.
Posted by: gmomluvsvv

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/25/09 11:51 PM

Safire....so sorry your first rainbow haired peep has died. You have certainly had a huge run of color fortune that Moonlyght and I are both envious of. Moonlyght, I'm with you, think it is time to change my priorites. Actually one of my families I had started with plans for blondes. Somehow, in going for trophies they got blended into that general red group as well.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 12:17 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Safire! I was very depressed seeing my Rainbow die.. now it gets hard still watching her descendants pass away >_<

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 07:56 PM

Pam and Cyber just had baby Vanilla! Isn't she cute? grin

It took me two days to find Pam, and then they had trouble having a baby. But finally, Vanilla!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 08:43 PM

Oh she is so cute Safire.
Posted by: JamieH

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:04 PM

i have a rainbow gal..but..how do you get a baby?? They wont..umm..reproduce lol

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:13 PM

Jamie, just drop one on the other, and they'll try to make a baby. If their first attempt fails you'll have to wait about 15 minutes to try again. Good luck!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:14 PM

You just drop them on top of each other until their action is trying to make a baby. They should go on the bed and kiss. If it works, you get a baby. Sometimes couples are stubborn and it takes a while to get a child.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:28 PM

I mean lol I know how to do it but..they wont make one. Ive had her for a day now..first they were arguing..now at least they are tring

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:36 PM

Jamie, if they argue wait till they stop and try again. Keep doing this until they try. If they don't make a baby after trying just keep trying again every 15 or 20 minutes. Eventually they should make a baby.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 09:54 PM

I did keep trying to get a female with rainbow hair but after I kept trying for over an hour when I started a new game in my 4th player down the list. I gave up and settled for a blond that kept on appering every 3th one. It ment not to happen frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/26/09 11:25 PM

It took me 3 days once to get the Spiked head and it could've taken even longer.. Nothing will help the chance of getting the head we want other than trying more times. smile Just hang in there next time! You will get them eventually. I've already had 4 generations with the parents being Rainbow and Spike, going to be fifth soon!

Jamie if they argue, you don't have to wait for them to finish you can interrupt them and get them to keep trying until it says "Trying For a Baby". If it isn't successful and the family is wealthy, it's good to use a doctor consultation to see if they need baby boost to have a baby. If this is the case, try using baby boost next time before they try again. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 12:35 AM

Vanilla won the beauty contest!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 03:09 AM

grin Vanilla really is special! Congrats on the contest win!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 03:09 PM

Since there are so many experiments going on with genetics, I've decided to try to get ALL (or almost all) of the different heads in my fams. I've pretty much given up on getting the same career trophy, so I'm going to see what combinations come up from my random pairing. If a head's been in my family, I'll choose a spouse who is different.

Lyssaria, or anyone, have you ever bred a rainbow or blue girl without using mohawk, blue spike or rainbow girl?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 07:39 PM

I just got a rare child!! maybe I can get a screenshot later, but he is my second child. If you number the head chart, the parents are numbers 34 and 39 and the first child is number 36 or something like that. And the rare child is number 9! He has jet balck hair when his brother has bright red hair!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 11:30 PM

WEll..I started Family 5 in my set and so happens I found a rainbow gal!! So I got her married off and tring...crosses fingers!!

Edit:
And theres a baby!!
Boy names Balino?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/09 11:53 PM

Ajuma there have been rare Rainbows reported in the past outside of the parents' genetics but that's completely random and very rare indeed smile There is also adoption although that also isn't a part of genetics.

Congrats Jamie!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/28/09 04:48 AM

Reflecting on the search for those special ones....Blue Girl and Rainbow Girl, I have started three of my families on the way to meet that goal. Remember, this game will follow the same math genetics pattern as our Virtual Villagers did. If I'm wrong, sure Lady CF will tell us. But if not,the path of this exploration will be thus:
Identify your parents heads by number, add them together and divide. There is your 'mean' expected child's head, with a leeway of 5 up or down. Example: Family #1 parents are #30 & #47,,,their child will most likely be #38. And first one is!
Anything beyond that 'norm' [34 to 42 in example] would be a rare, random child for that particular family.
So I will be slowly building down into the larger numbers, which will give me back my blondes and eventually the truly hard to acquire Blue & Rainbow girls.
Wish me luck....gotta do something waiting for those dratted triplets in four of the families, much less bugs. frown
Will keep you posted from time to time how many generations I have to deal with to get there.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/28/09 08:41 AM

My family. Strange as it seems, only Pierozo is adopted.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/28/09 04:55 PM

Good luck gmom! It sounds like you're in for quite the experiment smile

That family is so unique looking PT! and I also had a blonde boy as an adoption in my rainbow family.. kind of odd how the blondes are closest to those colorful heads and we keep getting them as adoptions even though its supposed to be random grin I see you also have a rare child, Lucina! Congrats smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/29/09 03:51 PM

Gmom, great idea! I'm going to try it. One question though...do the 1s and 2s cycle back down to the rainbow/blue haired girls, or does it only work in one direction?

I think I'll try a couple of fams going up and a couple going down to see what happens.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/29/09 04:57 PM

So far I've only seen the bottom hairstyles produced with the heads directly around them which means the top hairstyles didn't work out.. I haven't really looked too far into this so it's definitely worth experimenting ajuma! smile

Just be careful because you'll likely run into a rare child that throws off the genetic formula grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 12:25 AM

My rainbow family generation 2 is complete! Saphella was born 2 minutes ago, Pam and Cyber are nearly 50, and Vanilla and Eva have left for college already!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 05:12 AM

Congrats on a successful generation 2 Safire! I hope they all have good health smile

I was going to wait until I finally got Spike V(5) to post this.. but here is what I've done to keep my interest going with finding him:

The black dots represent 1 proposal from the male it is sitting on, a white dot represents 2 and the star is the head I want. When I do find him, I'm putting the black dot in the middle of the star.. 151 proposals! ugh! This isn't even all the proposals I've done, I only decided to do this after a day and a half worth of proposals.

Here's to hoping I get to continue Rainbow's fifth generation tomorrow. eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 05:52 AM

Good luck Lyssaria! That's why I took the bald guy. smile He's a pretty good little peep though, and I'm satisfied with him.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 06:02 AM

Ajuma....no, the 1's & 2's are of no help in getting our 'special ones'. Best way to explain....Hubby Is #1 and Wife is #50. Add the two together, divide and the child head you can
anticipate is #25....give or take 4 heads either way.

Not on subject, but my little ones have been such naughty children today that it is comical. Draw on the wall, red glove, take a breathe and he is right back drawing on the wall. It just went on and on through all the families. Well, except for the little adoptee Harry who happily took the trash out.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 04:19 PM

Looks like the little adoptee is the one with the good behavior and the others are naughty.. Perhaps it runs in the family's genes? wink I always lift them up and put them back down until they do something good and praise them hoping they'll learn better >_<

Thanks Lewanda, I didn't even see the bald guy pop up on the proposals yet. frown *Sigh* Still no sign of Spike V.. seeing a lot of black dots on these guys right now!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 08:58 PM

Patience will pay, Lyssaria. So far in my 'experiment' the blondes have been very cooperative, showing up withing no more than four proposals. Know it will get harder a generation or two from now.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 09:14 PM

Oh I'm quite familiar with patience by now from looking for 4 generations worth of Mr. Spike. grin This has been by far the hardest search yet frown

309 proposals eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 09:18 PM

WOW Lyssaria, When did you start looking for him?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/30/09 09:20 PM

A little over 2 days ago, but I don't sit here opening proposals for 24 hours grin Just a few hours a day when I have nothing better to do.

The backup I'm using was made on the 28th at 12:51 P.M.

I did at least 100 proposals before recording them on that picture.. making that total about 409 proposals eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 03:57 AM

Oh, Lyssaria, had so hoped to check in and see an elated 'I got him!!!!'. Maybe tomorrow.

On the subject of rare children, which is how the last two heads,male and female, are referenced in our posts.....thought I would mention that there seem, at least in my games, to be far fewer truly rare...i.e., not within the mathical gene pattern of the parents......in VF than there were in the VV games. Did get two today. Just as an example for those who might be interested enough to delve into this new for VF approach:
Parents #46 and #14 should have children within the head numbers of 27 to 35. So up popped a VF math genetics rare, #12 girl.
Parents #47 and #14 should have children within the head numbers of 25 to 35. And I got a #40, which am quite thrilled about. This family could well be the one that will get me quickest to
Ms Blue & Rainbow and their male counterparts.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 04:06 AM

You have much more patience than I Lyssaria. smile Good luck Sweetheart!

The second generation of my rainbow-mohawk family had the little bun girl today. Now I've had all six heads in rainbow and mohawk's genetic line, so I guess their genetic linage is complete now.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 05:13 AM

Sounds like you have luck on your side gmom! I'm about to go on another proposal spree to see if I can get Mr. Spike. Sonny wants me to get Mr. Baldy but I'm being strict on my Rainbow-Spike family here grin

I love the little bun girl Lewanda! Grats on completing your genetic lineage smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 06:35 PM

I am really starting to think my game has banned me from getting any of the last 3 heads from the game.. I must've hit at least 600 proposals now and I have yet to see them let alone Spike.

To get one specific head like Mr. Spike is a 2% chance if proposals truly are random.. to get one of the 3 is a 6% chance. Tiny chance, but this increasing amount of proposals is tiring me out horribly!

I wish we could choose the husband or wife without having to rely on a random generator.. it may take some excitement out of it because there's something fun in not knowing what you'll get, but that's why there's always a "Random" button or something. I'd love if it worked just like the initial adoption screen too.. cry I really want to continue this family!

Edit: Lol! Right after posting that I got the Mohawk man to propose.. too bad it's not Spike but at least I know it's still possible to get one of the last 3 heads.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 07:02 PM

I'm not sure if this counts as 'rare' in children but my baldy pop peep and my wayward haired mom peep have just given birth to a purple haird little girl called bitmap. I've seen plenty of them when it comes to choosing a peep to begin a family with but I haven't ever generated a purple peep of my own til now. laugh correction! make that two I have a new baby on the way again with purple hair. laugh laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 07:16 PM

Congrats on the little cuties Jo! The purple girls are natural to that couple but they really are something special grin If they were boys, they'd have the green hair.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 09:49 PM

Ooooh thanks Lyssaria, I can't wait for my first little boy then! They sure are cuties and they make the funniest little noise too, a bit like a baby owl trying to twit awww......

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 11:11 PM

The bald guy is a rare head also Indigo Jo. The purple head girl and green haired boy is also rare, but I've had both of them born in several families. The bald guy is more rare that they.

I have a family right now that has all six of the rare heads at the bottom of the image file. smile
Posted by: esther1981

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/31/09 11:13 PM

i THINK i got rare kids. i started a red haired family and got 2 blonds! thankfully i waited because i was going to use my backups to marry another red head b/c the very first kid was blond! but the second was a flaming red hair boy!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 12:21 AM

Little Arto and Pasha are part of that couple's natural genetics as well esther. smile

On the bigheads image, Pierone and Decimal are side by side which means the kids will likely either turn out looking like one of them, or one head above or below them. Dono & Saul are above the father, Arto is below the father, Pasha is below the mother and Lilila is above the mother.

That really is a cute family though!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 02:02 AM

I can see we have generated some enthusiasim for finding your
very own 'rare peeps' within a family circle:)
Just remember the formulas:
Dad's head # plus Mom's head # = total. Divide that total by 2 and your children should be that number or within 5 of it, up or down the scale.
Heads are numbered from 1 [black] to 50 [Spike & Rainbow}
Easiest way to determine is to copy the head images to your computer and print out to number. Or, still copy and pull up whenever you are curious, numbering in your head at the time.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 04:17 AM

I do need to thank you for posting that formula too in earlier threads, I was using a more complicated method of counting both male and female heads (100 heads) and instead of adding their numbers, I'd count the heads between them and divide that by two!

You can see evidence of that on page 2 of this topic grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 04:40 AM

Knew you had a system that worked well for you, Lyssaira, but
this 73 year old brain found it easier to go with one already committed to memory:)

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 04:45 AM

I do really prefer yours! I'll be using that from now on. smile Thanks again!

I'm actually trying to find Mr. Spike again right now cry This is a record for me.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 06:25 AM

Mr. Spike is here with my peeps Lyssaria. grin He and his wife had twins for their last 2 children, 1 head up from Rainbow Girl.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 06:31 AM

700+ proposals and still no Mr. Spike >_< I knew he must've been hiding somewhere!

I wonder if he'll ever pop by my game again grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 06:51 AM

I'm sure you'll see him again. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 07:03 AM

I have two spike babies if you want to wait for them to grow up. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 01:30 PM

How is THIS for bad luck? Every kid from the same row! If there ever was a time when I DIDN'T want triplets, this was it! laugh
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 04:35 PM

I hope you let Wiki inherit the house. The gene is so strong in the males, most likely all their sons would look just like them too. lol

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 05:20 PM

Lewanda, I wouldn't be surprised if I had to wait until your little Spikes grew up before I'd find one in my game. grin

That's a lot of little baldies ajuma! I do think they are cute, but there's such thing as too much sometimes. eek
Posted by: etinka

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 08:49 PM

Woow, Ajuma, who is going to inherit the house?

Ok, I have decided to start my own Rainbow family, initially I was planning for at least one little rainbow girl...I have such a soft spot for the little blonde bun girlies, thou, that I have decided to see how long it'll take me to get another rainbow girl in a next generation...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 08:54 PM

Here is a screen shot of my Rainbow family hopefully...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 08:56 PM

Ok, still not proficient at this...Gregozo was adopted before the marriage. CalicaI is also a runner, yay! And the lil blonde bun girls are natural triplets, no baby boost shots. The two blonde boys are not twins thou.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 09:04 PM

How sweet etinka! I love the little bun girls. I have one right now and named her Bunny. smile She's so very cute!

gmomluvsvv, add to your formula the very heads of mom and dad, and also those directly above and below them, as they too are part of their genetic inheritance.

ajuma, I think they're adorable! I've really come to love that little bald guy. I have one game about to go into the fourteenth gen, and I've never seen a peep fix the bathroom shower on it's own until my little bald guy. He also cooks dinner without my intervention and is an excellent worker. I'm in love with him! Lol!!!!!

Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 10:35 PM

I had the blond haired boy like Phantom and the redish-brown one like Gregozo and the 2 next to him as well. I had twins females also with the redish-brown hair.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 10:48 PM

While I was doing an experiment, I adopted the blonde female with the bun and her natural name was Blondie. I was so tempted to keep her, but I ended up needing to try adopting others to do my experiment. >_<

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 10:53 PM

In one of my very first games I got a Blondie. That was before anyone realised how rare she was ...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/01/09 10:57 PM

grin Blondie doesn't look too blonde, but at least she does have some blonde in there somewhere!

You're very lucky to run into her that early.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 02:33 AM

Yeah, probably Wiki will get the house. Even though I like the baldies, there are just SO MANY of them!

A little background on this family: I was going to try for an all blond family, when Mariana showed up 3rd in the adoptions. I said what the heck and took her. Cosmo was her first proposal!

Lyssaria, I know that you're looking for Spike (and I hope you find him SOOON!) but does the rainbow girl get depressed? I'm trying to get either Spike or Mohawk (went through maybe 80 yesterday) and she went from being happy to depressed!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 02:41 AM

I leave my Rainbow paused and only unpause her to open up the proposals.. she's been happy constantly. Not sure why yours would get depressed unless you leave the game going for a while or something. crazy

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 03:06 AM

Nope, paused it, switched to another paused slot, replaced the savegame file, switched back to rainbow slot.

Oh well...it doesn't matter. I got Mohawk this morning...with this result! I'm cursed! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 03:07 AM

*Giggles* Looks like Mr. Baldy has "nested" into your game. smile I hope you get some diversity in their kids this time!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 03:58 AM

I got a rare child (by rare, I mean outside of the "expected" children range) in my main family...and it shocked me, as I wasn't expecting it. wink I double checked the heads file to make sure, but there he was. I guess his great great great great (etc etc) grandfather's genes popped up in him :P

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 04:05 AM

grin Congrats on your little rare cutie Xay! It definitely keeps the game interesting because we never know what we'll get with these kids.

What I do know is the impending pain I'm about to get from putting in another 100 proposal rejections in search of Mr. Spike #5. cry

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 04:19 AM

Maybe she was blonde before tydying her hair. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 06:11 PM

*just a little update* LOL... remember me saying I had two purple haired little beauties? Well......make that THREE and a bright red head. Wonder how many girls I can get in one game? hehehe...

The last little cutie has yet to be named. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 06:28 PM

I love those little girls Jo! grin The names are really cute too because of how well they go together!

My constant search for Spike 5 is getting crazy.. I just had my 2nd proposal from Mr. Mohawk and the only two guys that haven't proposed yet are Mr. Baldy and Mr. Spike. cry

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 09:14 PM

Lyssaria, have you checked with Lewanda to see how old her Spike boys are? Does seem as if you may have to wait for them to graduate from college, doesn't it?
Your patience is astonishing. I would have given up by now!!!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/02/09 09:25 PM

Spikey is ready Lyssaria. He's gone to college, but little Dude is just 15. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 12:10 AM

wink Maybe my luck with Mr. Spike will grow now that Spikey is in college. I tried enough times earlier today, going to relax now!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 12:55 AM

OH NO!!!!!!!!! Now I'm on the search to find mister spike too! I guess we'll have to fight over Spikey! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 01:15 AM

cry I`ve literally rejected over 800 proposals for him, I hope I get him first!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 01:38 AM

If you get Spikey in your game let me know so I won't adopt him to take the house. We wouldn't want the poor little guy split into two personalities. Lol! smile He was a good kid...Always cooking and washing dishes.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 05:55 AM

grin Don't worry Lewanda, if I do find him I'll take good care of him! Organic food, vitamins, fruits, exercise.. the works! Lol

Incidentally, I just ran into Mr. Baldy for the first time.. kind of tempting to just accept him and draw some spikey hair on him.. maybe some crayons wink..

It's official though, I have seen all heads except Spike. Suspicious much?

Alright, it's official! The game is teasing me.. I just received another proposal from Mr. Baldy.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:16 AM

If my baby comes to your VF house I trust that you'll treat him good Lyssaria. smile I'd gladly loan him to you.

Baldy really does make an awfully good husband and worker. You might want to try him sometime. As for Spikey, he may not be quite done with his college studies. I told him there was a cute little rainbow gal waiting to meet him at your house. smile He'll show up soon!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:17 AM

Oh thank goodness!! Thank you for raising Spike V for me Lewanda, I'll take it from here! grin I do feel bad for rejecting all those peeps, I'll probably try baldy in another family and give him a chance!

Let's see what child they have to offer for my patience...
LOL!! They failed, gave her a doctor consultation and it says she'll be needing baby boost.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:19 AM

Hope they have triplets! smile I started a 14th gen today, and they had triplets right off the bat.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:21 AM

Oh! I would love to see some triplets grin They'd be the first in my game overall! I wish I could stretch my patience further to wait until they will try again for a baby, but my hand seems to be inching towards my clock for some minor time traveling magic blush .

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:23 AM

That would really be sweet! I'm going to do that happy dance with you when you have your first triplets. smile

Oh yeah, you know the baby boost keeps working, so if they have them with the first baby they very well could later.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:27 AM

There we go, the time travel fairy has gifted me with their first child:

I guess this is the game's way of apologizing for hiding Spike from me. grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:58 AM

Note to all users: It is never recommended to time travel in any of our games, as it has messed up many a computer, and LDW does not offer support for time travel issues. Those that wish to do so, please remember it is at your own risk. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:00 AM

Thanks for the reminder Xay smile I should've mentioned that there's no 100% safe way to do it.

I really don't condone time travel or recommend it to anyone else, I just get reckless sometimes with this laptop *points to the two missing keys on the numpad eek * Ironically, I broke them today from trying to make them work better.. they kept getting stuck. Now I get to deal with finding a replacement >_<

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:03 AM

How sweet Lys, your very first one looks like dad.

Here's my newest triplets:
Destiny, Despina, & Desarae

Dad's a green hair, so I'm hoping for another little purple haired girl from him.
smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:04 AM

They're so cute! It looks like the one on the far left (Destiny?) is looking outside, it kind of brings lots of ideas to my imagination grin

Beautiful names! The mother's head is actually one of my favorites. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:07 AM

Mine too! smile Plus she's name after my mom who passed away last year, so I had to pick her.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:09 AM

frown Sorry about your mother! I definitely understand the choice ^^ This game is great when it comes to naming our peeps after people we're close to and having our beloved pets modded in!

I hope you get another little purple girl! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:13 AM

My mother had strawberry blonde hair that was curly like hers, so she had to have her name. smile

I've had the purple haired girls before, but it's been quite some time since I had one. They can only have three more, so I'll need some luck getting her. smile I was going to hold out for a black haired guy for Susie, but when the green haired one came along I couldn't pass him up.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 08:31 AM

Oh thank goodness!! Thank you for raising Spike V for me Lewanda, I'll take it from here! grin I do feel bad for rejecting all those peeps, I'll probably try baldy in another family and give him a chance!
Let's see what child they have to offer for my patience...
LOL!! They failed, gave her a doctor consultation and it says she'll be needing baby boost.

I've got 5 baldies...you're welcome to one (or more!) of them any time you want! They've been the naughtiest children I've ever had. I'd move one away from jumping on the bed, then have to stop another from banging dishes. I even had TWO of them drawing on the wall at the same time! Now that they're teens, they seem to be behaving better, except that they always want to chat on-line and mom and dad both have office careers! mad laugh

PS: Congrats on Spike V! You deserve 6 of him since you tried so hard to get the one!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 08:34 AM

I had two little baldies in my last gen, and they were great kid's ajuma. Maybe you just got a bad egg...or five bad eggs. Lol!!!!

The hubby of my rainbow girl that inherited the house is a baldy too, and he's the best thing. I've found myself wishing my real life hubby were more like him.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 03:09 PM

Well, after my little bald guy in my Rainbow and Mohawk family, it seems that the game took pity on me! I'm hoping for Spike in one of the last two slots! Or even another Blue Girl!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 05:15 PM

I love those little girls Jo! grin The names are really cute too because of how well they go together!

My constant search for Spike 5 is getting crazy.. I just had my 2nd proposal from Mr. Mohawk and the only two guys that haven't proposed yet are Mr. Baldy and Mr. Spike. cry

I now have 5 girls and four of them purple!! LOL..... I'm going for all six girls. what a choice I'm going to have when the next gen eventually comes around eek and I'm SO sympathysing with you on the proposals. I think I should drag my ex mom inlaw round to *cough* have a WORD with Mr. Baldy Bonce & Mr. Blue Spikey. Threaten to rearrange spikey's hair & fix it with mega hold gel and make Mr. Baldy Bonce wear a wig til they give in a totter off to propose with a very big 'sorry to say' - and a huge bank balance to make up for the delay grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 05:44 PM

Congrats on the kids ajuma! smile I think the game was just teasing you when it gave you Chip or something, sometimes I just can't help but feel like it has a mind of its own. grin

Lol!! Lewanda, I couldn't help but giggle when you mentioned that sometimes you wish your real life husband were more like Mr. Baldy. grin Can't beat that testimonial, there must be something great about Mr. Baldy!

LOL Jo! That would certainly give me some interesting results grin I did end up getting Mr. Spike afterall smile All it took was a little patience and over 1000 proposals. *cough*

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 05:45 PM

Spike should be coming along for someone as he just died here.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 05:46 PM

Sounds like that'll be Safire's Spike. smile Good luck girl!

Sorry about your loss Kathy frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:53 PM

Hopefully he'll come along soon! Poor Saphella is waiting for him smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 06:56 PM

I am so happy right now! I just finished the antique photo collection on my main family and my Rainbows have had another birth!..or 3

Say hello to my game's first adorable set of triplets grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 07:55 PM

HURRAY Lyssaria on your 1st set of triplets! And they're all beautiful! Congrats!
Posted by: Elisa725

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 09:06 PM

I'm waiting for miss rainbow for Cooper. He's the mohawk person.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/03/09 11:28 PM

Good luck finding Cooper's Rainbow Elisa, and thanks Kathy! grin I finally get to sit back and watch these colorful cuties run around and live their daily lives. I always dread when they're elderly and it's just about that time to hit the backups again. >_<

They are sooo worth it though!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 12:28 AM

Lyssaria......Mr Spike V and TRIPLETS.....your very first.
Trumpets and fireworks are shouting the news skyward!!!!!!
Almost makes that 1000 proposals worth it....????????
It has been so long since I have had triplets.....well, except for that one darn prolific family of mine smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 12:33 AM

Congrats Lyssaria! I'm doing a happy dance for you. smile

My girl with the triplets had twins today. smile ...but they didn't have purple hair. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 12:37 AM

Update: Cooper hasn't found her... yet...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 12:37 AM

Thanks! grin

I'd do much more than 1000 proposals for these beautiful little twins smile Good luck with getting some more multiples gmom! Outside of that one family at least.

frown Aw, no purple hair? Twins are still cute little gifts for us to enjoy anyway so congrats!

I'm sure you'll find Cooper's Rainbow soon Elisa.. at least I hope so eek Wouldn't want anyone to have to endure as many proposals as I did.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 12:41 AM

She has one more baby to go, so they could still have the little purple haired girl. smile I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 02:39 AM

Update: Still no rainbow... and Cooper's acting odd... talking to plants, feeling depressed, did I mention constant emails to me about all his complaints, and lots more...
Poor Cooper... Now I know how you felt, Lyssaria...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 02:40 AM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Lewanda! Best of luck with finding Little Miss Purple again smile

Rainbow didn't really get a chance to complain to me, I never kept her unpaused for more than 30 seconds or however long it takes for them to read their email grin

I feel sorry for Cooper! I hope he does get his Rainbow. frown Are you using the backups method?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 11:01 AM

Has Cooper's Rainbow any connection with Finian's Rainbow? laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 01:40 PM

Well, it looks like the game was just teasing me by giving me Chip! Look at the rest of the family!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 03:13 PM

Cute family ajuma! grin So far I've had 1 spike-haired boy, blue-haired girl triplets and 1 mohawk boy.. I hope I get a Rainbow to continue the Rainbow family. eek Making a backup just in case!

Lol arnie, I wonder if Cooper has snatched a pot of gold from a leprechaun too shocked Perhaps a gopher will come across it in our game. Unless in this case, the gold would be Rainbow's bank account wink

She'll be renamed as soon as she touches the floor grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:25 PM

To answer your question, Lyssaria, I'm using backup files- to no avail.
Edit: For those of you that have read Artemis Fowl, I have one word to say: D'Arvit! Cooper's old friend, Jimmy, just sent him an email about his wife that's a model and a scientist, and how he's extremely rich! Normally, I'd ignore it, but this time, it made me mad !

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:31 PM

I'm glad you got your little rainbow Lys! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:35 PM

I adopted a girl, and it was a rainbow girl! Cooper's saved the torture of backups and emails! laugh smile OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:36 PM

Poor Cooper! I love the Artemis Fowl books Elisa grin

Jimmy has some very bad timing to show off.. be sure Cooper sends an email Jimmy's way when he does get his Rainbow. wink

Thanks Lewanda!

Edit: Wow! Congrats on the wonderful luck Elisa grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:39 PM

What should I name her, what should I name her...
Ack! I'm tooo exited!!
Miss rainbow and Cooper are to be pampered like crazy... right after chores! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:45 PM

I would name her something in relation to your luck getting her grin Those kinds of names look really nice on the Rainbows.. things like Dream, Wonder, Fortune and Bless. Or even taking a word and making it sound more like a name..

For example, Dream can be Dreama and Fortune can be Fortuna. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:46 PM

My little rainbow girl, Sunshine, just died at age 67. I was keeping my game up, because her hubby, Baldone, died this morning and I knew she wouldn't live longer after that. I took a screenie of her right when she turned 67, and not five min's later the screen zipped off to the bedroom where she was lying in repose. frown Sniff, sniff! She was one of my very favorites! Off to start a new gen now...I don't know which of their kids to choose from...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:46 PM

I would name her Miracle, but it's already taken by another family's girl!
Any good name sites?
Edit: So sorry, Lewanda. frown She must have meant alot to you.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:48 PM

Destiny is a nice name Elisa. I also like Patience!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:48 PM

shocked I was going to edit in Sunshine and Mist/Misty in my above post when I saw you post that Lewanda!

I'm so sorry for your loss frown I lost my main family's gen 6. hubby at age 67 while he was preparing his dinner. I'm sorry you lost one of your favorites, but she did have a long VF life. smile

Edit: How about the names Surprise, Fate, Angel or Heaven?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:49 PM

I'll name her Destiny, then, 'cause she's the destiny of the house. Thanks for the names, Lyssaria and Lewanda!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:50 PM

I was hoping she wouldn't die so soon after hubby though. frown Sigh! That's life...er VF life.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:50 PM

I thought that would be a good name for her since you waited so long for her Hon. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:51 PM

Destiny really is a great name for Rainbow. grin If I wasn't just naming mine Rainbow #, I would probably go with that weather theme or a luck theme.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:53 PM

I like Sunny, Sunshine, and Rain too, but I've already used those in my rainbow family. I don't have any idea of what I'll name my next little rainbow baby.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:54 PM

She is the brightness in Cooper's life; he's happier now. He even sent me an elated email!
Edit: With all of us cramming into this topic, it's hard to say who'll be posting next!
Destiny took her toll, cleaning up the house for Cooper. He gets the weeds! smile Destiny likes cleaning.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 05:56 PM

That's so cool Elisa! smile

I guess I'll choose Rain to carry on since she's the only rainbow baby they had, and the last two gens began with rainbow gals. I'll be back later...gonna go get Sunshine's kid started on her new life. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:00 PM

Aack! Dee's looking for mommy!(I call her Dee for short) Hey, you! Destiny! You don't have a mommy!(maybe she wants her real mommy! frown )

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:01 PM

Lewanda, how about the names Sunrise, Sunset, Dew, Humidity, Light, Mist, Breeze, Wind or Chill.. just to name a few grin

I'm glad Destiny likes cleaning! For some reason my rainbow families make the most mess for me to clean up >_< That's sad though, looking for her mom frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:05 PM

OOOOH I like those names..Going to copy and paste them so I'll remember. I especially like Sunrise, so that will be their first rainbow baby's name! smile Thanks Lyssaria!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:06 PM

No problem! The name Sunshine got my mind going on a weather chain of names there. grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:10 PM

Well, wish me luck in finding Rain the right hubby. He has to be Spike, Mohawk, or Baldy. She won't accept anything other than those three. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:11 PM

You r all right about one thing: those rainbows can be naughty!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:12 PM

Good luck! It's a 6% chance you'll find 1 of the 3 smile Much better than my 2% of Spike Lol!

I hope I'm encouraging you and not discouraging you with those numbers eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:16 PM

Oh I know Hon. I had a hard time finding Baldone for her mom. It just takes patience. It took me days to find Mohawk for her grandmother. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:18 PM

It's scary how close I get to just giving up this precious family.. it helps to remember how much work I already put in and I should only stop if I know for sure I have other things to do or it's really affecting my health.

Although I love casual games since they don't really interfere with life. You can't put a pause button on life, but you can in your games grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:18 PM

Well, it started raining just as Rain was checking out the house. That has to be a good sign. smile Lol!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:20 PM

Yes, you can always pause them if you need to rather than giving the game up.

Rain just found a rare bug! We're starting out good.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:22 PM

Looks like Rain is a good omen! I had that same luck with Rainbow V although they were finding rares they already had.. but those triplets they had are so sweet!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:25 PM

I bet they are! smile The little blue girls are precious anyway, even when they are triplets.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:29 PM

It kills me having to pass up so many good guys for her. smile Lol! I'm persistent though.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:35 PM

grin It helps to be determined with these rare families! I get so tempted sometimes especially if I see a funny career/name combo or likes/dislikes. smile

I remember passing up a rocket scientist named Astro and he had the black + white hair!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:47 PM

I love the dark haired peeps and just rejected one of my favorites. At least I have three guys to choose from, so it won't be as hard as you have finding your spike. I do it this way, because I like the diversity of the kids you get with three mate choices. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:49 PM

That's a good point smile I do get tempted to bring a little more diversity, but I still find it thrilling to see the same 4 pop up along with some new random ones thanks to adoptions and the random element in their genetics.

They really did design this game skillfully in consideration of things like the genetics. grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 06:52 PM

You had a fairly diverse family with your last gen.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:03 PM

I've definitely lucked out in diversity in my Rainbow family smile Too bad I forgot to have the 6th child in Generation 4, I wonder what kind of child they could have had. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:06 PM

I did that in one family too. I really had a hard time believing that I'd forgotten to have the last kid and had to go back and check to make sure that I really did.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:13 PM

Cooper and Destiny are doing great!
I'm gonna download a new mod for them. They deserve a nice house.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:15 PM

That's great to hear Elisa! grin You're definitely pampering them really well.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:39 PM

Yay!!!! I got Mr. Spike, after only 48 proposals!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:41 PM

That's awesome Safire, congrats!

Lol anyone new reading this might be thinking "only 48??!?!?! that's a lot!".. I hope I never have to go through another 1000+ proposals again.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:47 PM

Rainbow family generation 3 has begun!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:48 PM

Congrats Safire..Hope I'm as lucky in finding Rain's Hubby! Lys, I don't know how you were able to endure that many proposals. I put Rain on hold for now, as I already got tired of rejecting suiters. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:49 PM

Best of luck with your 3rd generation! Sunny is a really cute name for the Rainbow girl shocked

I don't understand how I was able to do it either Lewanda.. I suppose keeping my TV on nearby helped a tiny bit!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:50 PM

One of my girls was named Sunny. It suits them I think.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:56 PM

I'm surprised I didn't think of that one considering my fiancé's name blush Oopsy!

He's very close to my main family like I am, but I have trouble getting him interested in the Rainbows. grin Maybe I can name a Rainbow girl Sunny next generation if I have more than one!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 07:59 PM

That would be good Lys. Maybe it would get him interested in your little rainbow's.
Posted by: stonzee

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 10:14 PM

How can you get the rainbow person? I've looked and looked for her to adopt but she never shows up.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 10:17 PM

You just have to keep on trying until she shows up! And she must be married to a Spikey haired guy or a Mohawk hair guy in order to have rainbow kids.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/04/09 10:57 PM

Destiny had a serious infection! cry
Probbably because she might havebeen on the streets for the first few years of her life. frown
Cooper is fine; married to normal Lina.
I'm hoping Destiny will have a few rainbows and blues. smile She's only 4, but she's growing fast!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 01:51 AM

Actually a rainbow girl can have a rainbow baby with any guy, but the odds aren't as good as with the three last heads: Baldy, Mohawk, and Spike. Those are the ones I look for.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 02:18 AM

I'm sorry about Destiny's health Elisa. frown

I was starting to miss my Rainbow family's constant antics.. in my main family one of the twin girls will always be caught jumping on the bed or banging dishes while I'm trying to take care of the other twin but nothing can compare to the Rainbows grin

That looks like no accident! It's a perfect pair of socks one right after the other. >_<

I think these 2 of the triplets have outdone the one twin girl in my main family.. but they look so sweet! You can also see Rainbow VI napping peacefully in the top-right corner.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 02:59 AM

I am so mad at my brother! He fiddled with the time and I just got to see the last two years of Lina and Cooper's life- Destiny went to college without me getting a chance to say goodbye! cry

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 03:39 AM

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry Elisa! You're lucky nothing worse happened to the game or your computer though.. eek I keep backups saved every night just in case something does go wrong, did you have any saved?

Also gotta remember to have the game paused while you're making the backup, otherwise they'll catch up to the current time which can go wrong if you made the backup along time ago. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 03:47 AM

Oh Elisa, that's just awful. I'm so sorry! You worked so hard to start that little family too. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 03:52 AM

Lol Lys, in one of your screenshots where spike is standing beside your hall light fixture...for a few secs I thought the fixture was part of his hair and he was having a very bad hair day.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:19 AM

LOL! That's hilarious Lewanda, it really does look like his hair is frazzled.. I think that'd be a pretty cute feature! An added head for when they get sick or tired or something grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:23 AM

I thought it was cute too. It looked like he just got out of bed. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:29 AM

Aw, I'm not ever going to find Rain a hubby. frown And I'm getting tired.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:30 AM

frown Aw! Don't give in to the sleepiness quite yet Lewanda, sometimes they show up with just those last few forced efforts wink sometimes they don't though, so I hope you don't lose any sleep over this!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:33 AM

I think I might just have to keep her paused overnight. I really feel extra tired tonight. Zzzzzzz! Lol!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:33 AM

I can imagine Miss Rain singing as she picks up laundry around the house "Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match. Find me a find, catch me a catch". LOL! You'll find her one Lewanda. I have faith in you! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:36 AM

Lol! I now have that song stuck in my head grin

We definitely are some picky match makers, but we do try for the best for our little peeps grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:37 AM

Thank you Miss Kathy! smile She sure is making me weary though. Lys, I don't know how you held out as long as you did.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:38 AM

LOL! Not only do I have the song in my head too... I have pictures to go with it! Uh, oh, now I see the father dancing and singing "If I were a rich man..."

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:40 AM

LOL! smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:46 AM

OUCH! I've had to turn down that cute frosted hair dude three times already. Gee, it's getting tempting...

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:52 AM

Don't give in Lewanda! Lol grin Perhaps you could post up a picture of your rainbow family to keep you motivated!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 04:54 AM

Nah, I can't give up. I'm just going to pause her and go on to bed. Night Sweetheart!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 01:10 PM

I love my little rainbow, blue and mohawk peeps, but I've decided to go in a different direction. I'm starting in the middle of the group, #24 and #25 I think, and see what "rare" kids I can get from these peeps. I'll keep picking boys that look like dad and girls that look like mom, generation after generation. It'll be interesting to see what happens!

Actually, I'll only be playing these peeps for 3 more weeks, then it's back to 3 days in one place and 4 days in the other. I'll experiment on both computers to see if there are any differences!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 05:32 PM

I know these are not that rare, they can be found almost anytime you search for a new peep to begin a new family with but when I chose My mom peep Zebranna the very FIRST proposal came from Flick with the same hair type and just look at my georgeous little girl who will be called 'Panda' I wonder if the whole family will be the same? I know it's silly but I'm quite excited at my stroke of luck smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 05:47 PM

It IS rare to get the zebra peep on the first proposal! Congrats! It will be interesting to see if all the kids look like mom and dad!
Posted by: halidog

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 07:28 PM

I think that they all should, but I'm not sure.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 07:37 PM

They all should, unless the children are one up or down from the mom and dad, or you may get a rare child.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 07:51 PM

Sometimes in my Rainbow family where the mom and dad are right next to each other, I'll be getting the kids one up or down from the mom and dad more often than the Rainbow or Spiked boy! It's random, but yeah you should see a lot of kids that look like the mom and dad.

I love the black and white hair, that's going to be a beautiful family! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 09:24 PM

Very nice family IJ! I'd love to have a family with the frosted haired couple. They're one of my favorites.

Hey all, I just found Rain's man. He's a mohawk. The game named him Malibu. I think I'll keep that, as it seems to fit him well. Happy happy!!!!! Now I have to go make a baby. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 10:38 PM

I've gotten the blue haired girl. I really like her.
If you married her to a red haired guy would they get rainbow haired girls?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:22 PM

No. The blue haired girl would only get rainbow haired peeps if she was married to the mohawk guy or the spikey haired guy.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:33 PM

Hi stonzee! Any peep can have babies that are their own heads and the heads above and below them. The head directly below the blue haired girl is the rainbow girl. So yes she could have a rainbow haired baby. Though the odds are more for her if she marries the bald guy, spike haired guy, or mohawk guy. The chances are better with spike then mohawk after him. Hope this helps you Hon. Hugs!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:37 PM

Hello. Destiny hasn't found anyone yet, even through 11 backups. frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:43 PM

She will Hon! Just be patient. I didn't think I'd ever find Rain's hubby, but I finally did this afternoon. I almost gave in several time, and I'm really glad now that I didn't.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:48 PM

It took me 48 tries, and Lyssaria over 1000 tries! Just hang in there, and you'll find him soon. (hopefully) smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/05/09 11:52 PM

I quit counting when looking for Rain's hubby Safire. Lol! I think knowing how many times I had to do that would have discouraged me even more. You and Lys have lots of patience. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 12:17 AM

Next time, I wish you could propose, too.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 12:43 AM

Oh what I wouldn't give to just be able to choose Mr. Spike when I need him.. but in the end all of the work I put into this family brings me that much closer to it grin

Not that I feel that 1000+ proposals should be necessary.. no one needs to spend that much time rejecting and breaking the hearts of these poor peeps eek

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 01:32 AM

Amen to that sentiment, Lyssaria! There are times I truly do feel bad having to say 'reject'.
Three of my families are all in the blonde genetic numbers, Will likely spend one more generation trying to get the lowest blond numbers/heads and hope for that magical happening.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 09:25 AM

I'm sorry I have not posted much, as I'm still on vacation(No families frown ) and there was a fault with the computer which meant that I couldn't access the forums and post.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Lewanda
I quit counting when looking for Rain's hubby Safire. Lol! I think knowing how many times I had to do that would have discouraged me even more. You and Lys have lots of patience. smile

Did you marry her off to the next guy who proposed?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 05:28 PM

I've found another Rainbow for my experiment. She and Destiny will be taking turns.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 06:37 PM

Congrats on your new Rainbow Elisa smile What's her name?

etinka, I think Lewanda meant that she doesn't count how many times she had to reject a proposal to find the right husband for Rain. smile I can't see her giving up on finding either Mr. Baldy, Mr. Mohawk or Mr. Spike.

Welcome back to the forums PT! I'm so sorry about your computer frown That happened to someone else recently and it must've been horrible not being able to visit.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 06:53 PM

The new rainbow's name is Delta. So far they've both had very interesting proposals. But none I've really wanted.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 07:16 PM

I've never gotten the option of the mohawk guy or the bald guy.
Never gotten the spikey haired guy either.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/06/09 07:44 PM

Welcome back to the forums PT! I'm so sorry about your computer frown That happened to someone else recently and it must've been horrible not being able to visit.

Well...
It's not mine really. As I'm 8 I'm visting my grandparents, so it's theirs.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/07/09 12:57 AM

I like the name Delta Elisa, I hope you find a husband for her. smile

shocked Stonzee, I hope you do run into one of those 3, they can be great guys for our peeps!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/07/09 01:04 AM

Removed

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/07/09 02:12 AM

Lewanda, I think you should name Rain's husband "Rainsman"! LOL! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/07/09 02:25 AM

I'm so glad that you got him. smile

I think you're very patient. I was contemplating deleting one of my families so that I can adopt a rainbow girl but just can't bring myself to do it. So instead, I started playing Virtual Families today on Windows as well as my iMac. I adopted a rainbow girl and we'll see what happens. I don't have the patience of you and Lyss to exit and replace the game with a back-up if I don't get the proposal I want.

I just got done feeding Rainbow girl, now I need to go feed me. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/07/09 06:57 AM

Best of luck with your families you two! smile Each day brings me closer to having to test my patience again eek
Posted by: halidog

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/19/09 09:07 PM

Well, I've started my own rainbow family with a Mohawk man, and (with no backups) I got a proposal from a rainbow girl laugh !

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/19/09 09:13 PM

Very LUCKY halidog! smile That won't happen again in a kazillion years.
Posted by: ShoeQueen

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/20/09 04:39 AM

I finally got a rainbow girl!! I got her through a marriage proposal, and as soon as I saw her, I just clicked "Marry" without even looking at anything else! Yay me grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/20/09 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ShoeQueen
I finally got a rainbow girl!! I got her through a marriage proposal, and as soon as I saw her, I just clicked "Marry" without even looking at anything else! Yay me grin

Same thing happened to me - I got Janis as soon as she appeared - didn't even look the rest of the description. smile

Shame they didn't have any rainbow daughters.
Posted by: ShoeQueen

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/20/09 05:50 AM

My family hasn't had any rainbow daughters yet, either, but they only have 2 kids so far. So there's still hope!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/20/09 06:45 AM

Sure!!! Let's get our fingers crossed!!!

You know which peep I really like (even better than the rainbow girl)? The one of the pic. smile

It's my second family with her and as she had a child that looks like her, guess who'll get the house? wink
Posted by: Cheron

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/21/09 02:16 AM

My third gen family was started with Miss Blue who accepted a proposal from Mr. Mohawk. They have been the most ideal couple I have played so far. They had a beautiful family and both were hard workers and good parents. Tech reached master level 8 in his career at age 44 and always started preparing something to eat as soon as I checked on them, without being asked. They are in their early 60's now and moving slowly. Sad to play them that way, when they get prematurely old. I usually only get to check them a couple of times a day, early morning and early evening.

I will continue this family with Cary who is the only child I've ever had who laughed when I picked her up instead of letting out a howl. Too bad that went away when she turned 14. Hopefully I find a Mr. Mohawk or Mr. Baldy (sorry Lys, but definitely a short blond military-style crewcut, if he was bald his head would be the same color as his face) to be her husband.

The second generation had a rare child named Lilella who was so precious when she was young. I am thinking about starting a second family and trying to adopt a Lilella lookalike to start the family. I am enjoying my little people.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/21/09 03:25 AM

What a great family!!!!!

I think the coloured hair genes are in the mohawk guy! All the family trees I see here with the mohawk have this great children.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/21/09 04:18 AM

Best of luck with your family! I still believe Mr. Baldy is bald because:

The skin at the top is darkened as a shadow similar to the area beside his cheek creating depth as the light source is directly on the face. smile The same thing is done with Mr. Mohawk for the balded parts outside of the hair. We all do have our different opinions though and I can see how it looks like the close-shaven crew cut.

Little rare Lilella in your second generation is such a cute surprise!

Technically the best couple for colored hair would be Rainbow and Spike since only the colored hair is part of their natural genetics. The other couples are also great though grin

Here's my Rainbow family all up to date smile

Looks like my current generation has given me another rare child grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/22/09 03:44 AM

Several weeks ago I had posted that I would be playing the
math/genetics game just to see how long it would take to get
a Rainbow girl. Well, it took 4 generations, but not quite
the way I was expecting. Paulono, #47 on male head chart was
looking for a good match.....found a glorious one when there was
Bella aka Rainbow girl. Like others, I didn't check a single
qualification....heck at this point don't even know what her job
is. They have had one child so far, a clone of his Dad.
Noticed above that Cheron has the exact same pairing....here's hoping the LDW gods are as good to me as they were to Cheron:}
An additional 'goodie' of Bella's arrival is the family she chose....the Betts.....who are most certainly the likeliest to
garner me the 100 Trophy award. Need that one bug AND one photo.
Haven't seen a photo, anywhere, for month or more now. Yesterday I celebrated as found the last Rare twig!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/22/09 06:37 AM

Congrats on the very lucky family gmom! I'm sure that luck isn't going to run out any time soon so the children should be really cute grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/22/09 11:52 PM

Thanks, Lyssaria. Mohawk joined the happy Betts family today.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/24/09 07:25 PM

Both Saphella and Paul died, leaving behind their 7 year old adopted daughter Cameron. I'm not up to the mountains of proposals yet, so I'm leaving her in the house for now.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/24/09 09:18 PM

Hi Gmom,

How's your family going? Hope you keep us up to date on their children. Good luck!

I have been away for several days with my family on pause. I snapped this photo of Mr. Mohawk Senior and his son Mohawk Junior this morning. The father's hair has turned gray. The sides of his head have also turned gray where supposedly he was bald. Maybe not bald on the sides afterall (?) Unless his scalp turned gray lol.

May all your children be healthy,
Cheron

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/24/09 09:23 PM

Lys -
You had triplet Miss Blues? Lucky you!
I am still waiting for my first triplets.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/24/09 11:38 PM

Mohawk grew out hair when he grows older similar to how bald parts of their faces grows facial hair grin Mohawk hair is difficult to maintain and I find it kind of funny how it grows out like the facial hair does. You can see how the hair grows in spotted as opposed to solidly making it very noticable! I don't see any changes for Mr. Baldy though besides the facial hair he grows in. smile

The triplets were so cute! As always though, I hate to see them all run off one day to college frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 12:19 AM

i started a blond family, they gave me a rare surprise lol she looks funny surrounded by blonds laugh
Posted by: bluemoon12

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 12:19 AM

i had this is family with black hair then they had a blonde!! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 12:30 AM

lol Bluemoon thats hilarious! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 12:41 AM

Congrats on the rare kids! grin Would you choose the rare one to take over the family or do you try to continue the same type of genetics?

I just go with whatever Sonny chooses or whoever is my favorite whistle As for the Rainbow family, it's obvious I always choose one of the Rainbow girls since they continue the numbered names. grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 01:29 AM

thanks! no i always TRY to keep to what i was thinking of when i started the families. BUT i may change that soon cause i started 5 new ones, 2 blonds, 2 reds and 1 blue. well, in the other blond one one of the kids is the square faced one, and thats who i married for blue and got blue girls, so i might choose him, im not sure yet!! about the names, do u have to change them b4 college or can i wait til i get them back? because in my blue one, i have Mr and Mrs Bleu, then i let the girls keep their game names b/c ive never changed them after and will it mess up my family tree? i want to have MR and Mrs Bleu 2,3,4,5 and so on see? grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 02:06 AM

You can only change their names when you are adopting them, choosing one for the new generation or when they are available in the family detail screen. smile

So if you just wanted to change one child's name and plan on choosing her for the next generation, you can let her go to college with her original name and then change it when her adult version comes back for the next generation. The family tree should update both her child self and adult self with the new name.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/25/09 03:53 AM

ok awesome! thanks!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/26/09 01:59 AM

I've just gone through 93 proposals today, trying to find Mr. Spike. 32 with black hair, 21 with brown hair, 10 with dirty blonde hair, 1 with green hair, 10 with red hair, and 19 with blonde hair. It feels like it will NEVER END!!!!!!!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/27/09 12:05 AM

Safire, just remember you haven't come close the the number of
proposals Lyssaria went through. That should help:)
Cheron, the Betts family is now complete, with wonderful math/genetic numbers greater than the average. Rah!!!
Kids are Atom [#47], clone of dad & reminds me of football player.
Tux [#49], Mr. Mohawk
Barrister & Logo [#48] single births, our Mr Baldy
Montana [#48} adorable blond with the low pony or bun.Love her.
Wiki [#47] touseled, ear length blond have had before. She and
Atom are the only two not new for me.
Wonder who will get the house? Actually at this time leaning
toward Montana.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/27/09 03:01 AM

Today, in my search for my rainbow girl's prince charming, I've turned down a perfect match "waaaaaa" and a rocket scientist "double waaaaaa". I didn't take a screenshot of the perfect match guy, but decided to when the rocket scientist came up right behind him.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/27/09 03:21 AM

Gmom, do you have photos of your family you can post? I would love to see them!

Congrats,
Cheron

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/27/09 04:05 AM

Even if you do reach 1000+ proposals like I did remember that it's best to keep the family paused than to delete them. I'd hate for anyone to lose one of their families eek

Lewanda, that must've been really hard to do! I ran into a perfect match or two in that horrible 1000+ session I had.. it just makes me want to give in to accepting someone other than Mr. Spike and write a new fan fiction story as an excuse for my choice, lol.

Best of luck with your family gmom! Montana must look lovely, she does have beautiful hair grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/27/09 04:29 AM

I'm waiting for the perfect match here to get all the trophies - but my girl just had 2 proposals so far - all the other had tons and just now that I'm waiting for prince charming.... frown

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/28/09 02:29 PM

YAY!!!!!! I found Mary a husband, Bruno today! After 213 proposals! I can only imagine your perserverance, Lyssaria.

Here's Mary and newly found Bruno celebrating their marriage!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/28/09 08:13 PM

I found my rainbow girls 'prince charming' also Safire, and they already have four kids in this order; rainbow girl, twin bunnie girls, and little mohawk boy. I'll probably be trying for baby #5 this evening.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/28/09 08:49 PM

Cool Lewanda.... so far Bruno and Mary have to little spikey haired boys, Matt and Kevin.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 08/30/09 03:32 AM

my sister had me helping her because last generation she had a bald kid and i said cool u can get blue hairs with him! today she called me over to help her. 196 proposals later she got a blond with bun. then 8 times later, she had blue haired twins! she and i were VERY excited!! no screen shots, but i thought i would share! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/02/09 04:51 PM

Mary and Bruno just had rainbow twins!!!! laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/02/09 06:30 PM

congrats Safire!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 02:43 AM

Congrats on all the beautiful kids! Cameron is a really pretty rare child as well, I have her in my current generation and I'm probably going to pick her to take over the house grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 01:03 PM

Oh my gosh!!!! Mary and Bruno had their second pair of rainbow twins!!! 6 kids and they're only aged 34 and 31!! YAY!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 05:00 PM

That's so sweet Safire! smile
Posted by: Purple Princess

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 05:17 PM

Haha, I can't get a screenie right now, but my family has three children =)

They are uber adorable. LOL.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 06:18 PM

That's a lot of rainbows Safire! grin You've been very lucky with the children in that generation! My Rainbow family is still paused, I can't find any time to pair up Rainbow VII with her Spike >_<
Posted by: Bluedog13

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/03/09 06:31 PM

wow never seen so many rainbows in one generation!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/05/09 01:28 AM

Here's Mary telling Theresa, Sandy, Zia and Kate a story. All the rainbows are so cute!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/05/09 03:52 AM

Lol! Thanks for the screenshot Safire, I have never seen that many rainbows all at once grin They really are so cute!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/05/09 04:36 PM

Finally got some triplets in the family. Triplet rainbow girls. Yea! I have a feeling I am going to become a very permissive caretaker as it may become too much for me to keep all three devas off the bed or out of the dirt at the same time! Just thinking about it makes me as tired as their mother lol.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/05/09 06:15 PM

Congrats Cheron! grin I had twin rainbow girls and they were so cute to watch, but my only triplets were the blue-haired girls in the Rainbow family.

I'm sure the triplets will be really cute when they start running around! but definitely a lot to handle grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/05/09 09:08 PM

Newly hatched triplets! One of the first things they did was all dance together. So cute. Maybe it won't be so bad, one of them actually took the garbage out without being asked, although the bag was bigger than she was. The last pic shows all six kids, all girls and all under the age of 14. Feeding time was pure havoc and they all wanted a shower at the same time. So far so good though. I love watching the 2-year-olds also.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/09/09 03:04 AM

I started a Rainbow family two days ago; little miss Sprite got a proposal from Mr. Baldy (in my game named Balozo) as the second proposal (no backups). They had two blond daughters (Mime and Frila), followed by a blue haired girl (Boots), and just now, another rainbow named Lania (I just LOVE that name). I'm so excited that I'm actually going to be able to keep the rainbow pattern going! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/09/09 04:20 AM

Oh my goodness, rainbow triplets!!! I'm so jealous! I haven't even gotten one rainbow in the 5 families I've been running for 4 months! You ladies are extremely lucky!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/09/09 06:13 AM

The triplets went off to college today (sad). Now the parents are alone still in their 50's. That's the down side of having triplets, but it was fun while it lasted. Miss Kathy I think you probably have to start with a Miss Rainbow or Miss Blue to get more rainbow girls, maybe start another family? Although if I had to delete any of my families now, it would be difficult for me. The triplets parents are Miss Rainbow and Mr. Spike.

Congrats on your little Miss Rainbow Krystal. You can keep the rainbow line going by choosing husbands who are right next to Miss Rainbow on the very bottom of the bigheads image file. When I first started this game my very first adoptee was Miss Rainbow and her second or third proposal was Mr. Baldy, and they had several rainbow kids. I only chose him because right before that Miss Rainbow sent me an email saying she was lonely and her status changed to a bit blue, so I grabbed the next proposal without even looking at his stats. I didn't know it was rare at the time or even unusual, except I almost died when they also had a Mr. Mohawk, I sure wasn't expecting that! He turned out to be a great kid and I now feel fortunate if I can find him for a husband. I have since started a few more families and am also enjoying them. One of them started with Miss Blue and Mr. Mohawk, they also had a few rainbow girls among their children.

Would love to see pics of your family.
Thanks,
Cheron
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/11/09 07:31 PM

I just had a purple-haired girl born into one of my families. I was surprised as her mom is blonde and her dad has red hair. However, as I looked back at her ancestry, I did find one other person with purple hair--her great-great-great-great grandmother.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/11/09 07:47 PM

wow I had a purple haired girl with a rainbow
Posted by: Elf-girl

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/11/09 08:00 PM

I got this rainbow girl with this family

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/11/09 08:07 PM

wow! two blond parents and a rainbow girl wow are you going to let her take the house

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/11/09 08:34 PM

I'm still waiting for my mohawk.

And no baby rainbow girls yet. frown

Poor me.
Posted by: VFfan

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/12/09 06:43 PM

I just started a rainbow family and it took me 2 marriage proposals to find a blond short cut!! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/13/09 05:30 PM

I got a rare kid! Marc and Sierra are supposed to have brown haired kids, I checked the chart... Yay!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/13/09 05:50 PM

Congrats on the rare child! grin

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/13/09 08:53 PM

My second rare child of the day, Opus!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/13/09 09:26 PM

And, I finally found a match for Mary's daughter, Theresa! Though he doesn't have blue-spikey hair, he does have a mohawk. And their blue-haired daughter, Omega, who is going to be called Olivia.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/13/09 09:29 PM

Oh, yeah, it took me only 136 proposals!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/14/09 02:40 AM

I haven't found Spike 7 yet but I haven't been trying too hard blush I guess I'm getting all caught up in mods and other things grin

Two rare children in one day? I'm starting to reconsider my use of the word "rare" here wink Congrats on all your luck today!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/14/09 10:30 PM

Thanks, Lyss!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/14/09 11:06 PM

A rare child called Paulor was born into a rainbow family. I was surprised when he was born, not expecting it. The previous generation had rainbow triplets, I chose one of them to inherit thinking I would get twins or more triplets, but that didn't happen, just this unexpected rare child. He sure is cute though!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/14/09 11:31 PM

That male head is one of my favorites! smile Congrats on the cute rare child Cheron grin

All the kids look so cute in that second picture shocked

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/14/09 11:50 PM

No rainbows yet for Theresa and Billy, though they are all girls! Becky was adopted just a minute before the twins were born.
Posted by: Twilight_addict

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/15/09 03:01 AM

Umm i have a quick question on the genetics. I am looking for a chart of all the heads, and i havent been able to find one yet. But i have really been thankful for this thread because i have had a couple of teh rare ones and i didnt know it!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/15/09 03:05 AM

That happened to me too Twilight, when I first played the game I chose Miss Rainbow. Look for bigheads00.png file. In Windows it is under Program Files/Virtual Families. Would love to see photos of your family!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/15/09 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Cheron
A rare child called Paulor was born into a rainbow family. I was surprised when he was born, not expecting it. The previous generation had rainbow triplets, I chose one of them to inherit thinking I would get twins or more triplets, but that didn't happen, just this unexpected rare child. He sure is cute though!

What a great family Cheron!!! I just loved them!!!

You have all kinds of hair and hair colours in there! smile
Posted by: Twilight_addict

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/15/09 01:42 PM

That's the one on windows on the computer? I have it on my iphne and I was wondering if someone just had a picture because I don't have my laptop...I miss my laptop. I miss my little family. I would like to show you them but I have to put them on from my iPhone. I will try though!!
Posted by: TorTor

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/15/09 09:05 PM

Sorry i dont have a screen shot but my dude with slicked back blonde hair married a blue haired girl and had a ligt blonde bun girl,a bald boy and a green haired kid!

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/17/09 09:03 PM

Safire, did you ever get your little rainbow child from Theresa and Mr. Mohawk? One of my families has paired Miss Rainbow and Mr. Mohawk for the last two generations and rainbows are among their children. Although it took a while for me to warm up to his looks, I now love Mr. Mohawk.

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/17/09 10:07 PM

I never had a Mr. Mohawk on my families... cry

Never even showed as a choice for wedding.
Posted by: tkdgrl223

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 09/17/09 10:11 PM

Me neither, the closest I've had is the bald guy.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/18/09 09:17 PM

Miss Rainbow and Mr. Mohawk had triplets today. This is my second set of rainbow triplets, but in a different family. After trying to have a baby three or four times and failing, I gave them a doctor's checkup. The problem was Mr. Mohawk, his desire to have children is "I do not want kids" while Miss Rainbow was "Maybe". The doctor said to give him a baby boost shot. After the shot I put them together again and boom - triplets, and no arguing about it! Mr. "I do not want kids" now has six kids! (poor guy)

They all run in different directions now and I have given up any ghost of a chance to run after them and keep them out of trouble!
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 02:00 PM

I just started a Rainbow family. I had to settle for the bald guy for Flora's husband because I got too bored rejecting all of the proposals laugh

Their first kid was little mohawk, Paul, and Harvey was adopted. Their third child, Sasha (she's not born yet so I can't change her name) was just born, but she appears to be a rare child!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 04:20 PM

CaszaGirl, I LOVE the so-called bald guy! You are lucky to find him for a husband. I always look for him but rarely find him among the marriage proposals, when I do I grab him. He is an ideal partner for Miss Rainbow and they will have Miss Rainbow and Miss Blue children easily.

Here's a snapshot of my families where Mr. Bald Guy is paired with Miss Rainbow and Miss Blue and the children they had. Yes, your third child is a rare child for this couple! Congrats!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Cheron
Miss Rainbow and Mr. Mohawk had triplets today.

omg omg omg! It's so cute!!!

I really loved that image Cheron!!! It's such a colourful home!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 10:36 PM

Lyssaria, I just noticed that in your first post, your rare family tree has WAY more than 6 kids! How did you do that?!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 10:56 PM

Lyssaria explained how she did it in a post near the beginning. I'll just quote it - that's easier. lol

I didn't have all of those children at once, what I did was:

1. Take a screenshot of the family tree with just the husband and wife or existing kids and open it in my image editor

2. Paused and closed my game, then made a copy of my game's save files as a backup.

3. Opened the game, unpaused and tried for a baby. If it worked, I click on "Family" and then take a screenshot of the new child and add it to the family tree in my image editor.

4. Paused the game and opened up another family, paused that one too.

5. Copied my backup files and replaced my game's files. This will take the baby away so I can keep trying as many times as I want.

6. Repeated steps 3-5 until my family tree in my image editor is full!

I did this for my experiment, but you can use these steps to get the child you want, any husband/wife for your peep that you want and more. smile Just stop whenever you're happy with what you have and always keep backups in case something goes wrong with your little families.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/19/09 11:28 PM

Okay, thanks Krystal smile
Wouldn't it be cool if someone figured out how to have more than 6 kids though, lol.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/21/09 12:09 AM

I'd feel so bad for the parents if they really had all those kids at once grin Although I'd feel bad for the kids too since it'd be nearly impossible to give them all the attention they require frown

It would be pretty neat though! Especially if you have triplets and twins and they all run off to college before you know it!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/21/09 05:14 PM

One of my rainbow families seems to have passed the ability to have rare children along. First Paulor in the last generation and now Samba in the current generation. She was a surprise and she's big for her age, at 2 years old she was as big as her 4-year-old older sister.

It's unfortunate that the cute salt & pepper Samba is the "B" word - BRAT. I move her from banging dishes to something more constructive with praise and she's right back banging dishes. I give her salty candy, she runs away, then comes back to banging dishes again. I do not like giving the red glove to any of my peeps, and never to adults, but this was one of those times! She then decided that jumping on the bed and playing in the dirt would be fun, over and over again. I found it best to just keep her busy watering the flowers - over and over again lol!

I have also received the name Samba lately in several different families when I never had that name before. I love the names of the parents Luna (moon) and Sol (sun). Sometimes the game can be so cute!
Posted by: nate the great

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/21/09 11:08 PM

wow... RARE! grin (Har de har har Rare = Rare Children Its funny heh,) and a child with a MOHAWK? and the picture and when i saw the tall children i yelled JUST 2?! SHES LIKE 5 YEARS OLD FOR HER HIGHT!! same people yelled that when they saw me, i was smart and tall, and a child named twinkle? HOW CUTE! grin
Posted by: Caffine

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/22/09 01:48 AM

LOL those guys look so fsionable!!! lol
Posted by: AndreaD

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/22/09 09:36 AM

I started a family with a couple of blonds today,

There first kid is from the row above mom. At least she doesn't have the same shade of blonde hair that her parents do.

And I like the fact that both parents names start with K, I didn't do that on purpose. It just happened. I also think the kid's name is nice. I think I'll definitely let her keep it.
Posted by: emri

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/22/09 09:50 AM

A nice looking family,AndreaD!Blonds are my favorite.I dont get them very often.
Posted by: Lostie

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/13/09 05:33 PM

yay one of my families just had my first rainbow girl! it was the purple haired mum (aged 48) and normal black haired dad (not spikey or mohawk aged 49)! I wasnt even gonna bother trying for anymore as thought they were getting on a bit and they already had 5 kids but thought may as well while i was hunting for bugs in a rainstorm!
have been playing the game for 5 months and really wanted a rare rainbow girl but couldnt bo bothered hunting endlessly for her. glad one finally appeared on its own!!
grin
Cant wait for mum to put her down and for her to start running around!
Posted by: Jersygirl15

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/13/09 06:59 PM

i like all your families guys . congrats all especially for the rare hairs
here's my rainbow&spike family so far

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/18/09 08:28 PM

I got rares--rare for the parents and rare in the hard to get type of way!
Posted by: jeresandy

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/22/09 06:22 PM

I want to thank everyone that has posted to this topic. I tried and tried to get a Rainbow girl and a bald, spike or mohawk married. I saw a post recently about a blond guy and rainbow girl having a rare child. Finally I got one for myself.
Yeah! Plus her name is Sanderella and mine is Sandy too cool.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/09 05:53 AM

Congrats on your little Miss Blue Sandy. She's adorable!
Posted by: red3080

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/09 10:22 AM

is there any way to get rainbow person?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/09 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: red3080
is there any way to get rainbow person?

Usually luck or hard work (or perhaps a combination of both). I suggest you read the earlier posts in this thread.
Posted by: nanhug

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/09 03:47 PM

I got my rainbow (female) when an adoption came up. I never turn an adoptee away and was glad when I adopted her. I have not had one since and she did not give me any rainbow kids waaaaaa!!
Posted by: jeresandy

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/04/09 11:02 PM

finally!
I had a rainbow girl, and saved the file in a backup, played it over and over. Get 3 marriage propsals in 1st half hour of game. That is 6 an hour. Over and over. Finally got a spike on 3rd propsal after 5 times. Resaved that one in backup file. They had a little gir1!
Yeah!
Posted by: photophatty67

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 11/24/09 04:08 AM

Dang!! I'm on my 8th generation, and no rainbow-haired peeps have been born to my families yet! Is there some way to make that happen?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/27/09 03:15 AM

I just got the bald guy 'cause I started a new family with him. The rainbow girl I got by marriage and there's no way to get the mohawk!
Posted by: Bratiskim

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/11/09 04:21 AM

I noticed that there wasn't this particular girl on the chart: the one with the black-and-white striped hair. Where would she fall? Did I miss something?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/11/09 05:29 AM

She's 4th from the top on bigheads00.png (on the original image file). smile
Posted by: mama_1988

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 12/13/09 03:07 PM

does the guy have to have black spike hair???
Posted by: mama_1988

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 12/13/09 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*
I just got the bald guy 'cause I started a new family with him. The rainbow girl I got by marriage and there's no way to get the mohawk!

i started my 4th family and just kept lookin for who to pick and i finally found him. it takes a while.
Posted by: Bratiskim

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/23/09 07:51 PM

OK. If she's at the top, that explains all of their blond kids LOL. I did get a set of triplets; that's cool. They're full of trouble. BTW: Rosy is adopted.

Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/28/09 04:50 PM

I had a rare child named Inky! Luciana is an orphan, and I checked the head files one day because Inky's sisters, Prizma and Cary, had brown hair and she had black, and she's a rare child! I was planning on her inheriting the house. wink
Posted by: 34liger98

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/28/09 06:23 PM

I'm doin a new experiment, and searching through adoptees, I got Mr. Spike! I'll keep you guys updates (no pics grin) His name is Gregu. Uh oh, email! His wife's name is Candy, and I checked the image, but I don't see her. confused
Posted by: horsecrazy123

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 02/21/10 09:26 PM

All my families have been very odinary, with very few and sometimes no rare children. Ok, I just started a family with a rainbow head, so I will post updates when possible.
Posted by: grasshopper

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 02/22/10 02:42 PM

i have a blonde family who has a black haired daughter i will post the screenshot later
Posted by: grasshopper

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 02/23/10 11:48 PM

You go to the Images folder in the Virtual Families game folder found in Program Files. The image you need to look at is bigheads00.png

Once that is open, find the mother's and the father's head and count how many heads are seen in between them.

I counted 64, so half would be 32. The heads closest to the middle will most likely be the kids!

If you happen to get any other kids that show up between the parents or one spot above/below them, they're naturally a part of the genetics and not a rare child.
whe

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/16/10 09:02 PM

I'm starting a new rare(hopefully) family. The computer I had broke down. I've got a family back and am starting a new one.

PT99
PS. Can someone direct me to the post which says how to make backups of your games?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/16/10 09:33 PM

Here's the FAQ for Windows. If you are using a Mac, change the Platform dropdown accordingly.
Posted by: laurence

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/17/10 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Pokemontrainer99
PS. Can someone direct me to the post which says how to make backups of your games?

There is also in each game of The Guides section, a Backing up and recovering savegame files thread.
wink

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/17/10 05:38 PM

I just got Mr Spike as a husband as my first proposal! Will post pictures when the have a child.

Edit:

They have a kid!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/18/10 03:59 AM

What great luck you had getting Mr. Spike so quickly! Congrats!!! Mine currently have 2 spikey-head boys, 1 rainbow-haired girl and their newest child has a mohawk. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/18/10 08:18 AM

Well, I was looking out for a Rainbow and he came along. I said to him "Propose to her when I find her" and that he did.

EDIT: New kid!

EDIT: Adoption!

Lina was just looking for Mommy.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/24/10 08:43 PM

Woah... I just spent like half an hour rereading all the posts I made last summer on this thread... it was interesting to read the history of that rainbow family. Unfortunately, because of school and stuff I forgot about them and they all died. I just started a new family, a rainbow girl by the name of Mysti and a mohawk guy named Arthur. Their first child is not anywhere near their heads on the chart... Devin has dirty blond, long, shaggy hair.

UPDATE: Mysti just had spiky haired triplets!!!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/26/10 08:01 AM

Lucky, you I have had twins and a single which I will publish soon.
Posted by: Pinkanista

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 05/28/10 09:51 PM

how do you get these rare peeps i still only have normal people
although i now have a female with white and black hair is that normal or rare or semi rare?
Posted by: Jo13

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/07/10 12:27 AM

I suppose this has to count as a rare child... In one of my families, Ada has brown hair and her husband Jet's is black with white stripes. So both of their heads are at the top of the head chart.
Imagine my surprise when, after four dark-haired children, they had a blonde, blue-eyed boy, whose head is almost at the bottom of the head chart. shocked

Posted by: Tylieng

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/09/10 05:54 AM

How did you get that much children?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/09/10 07:48 AM

Your families can have up to 6 children.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/09/10 05:19 PM

But she had like 30? o.o

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/09/10 07:22 PM

"she" is a relative term, considering how many females have posted on this topic at any given time laugh

If you are speaking of BayouBlonde's post where she is running an experiment on twins, triplets and rare children, that's a made up (or photoshopped) image that she created, during the course of her experiment. smile
Posted by: The Chief

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/09/10 10:40 PM

I've had great rare ones, who seem to love work.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/11/10 07:03 AM

shocked Ooh Oops >.<
Posted by: deloris

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/19/10 09:12 PM

how do you get the spikey hair dude as a husband for the rainbow chick

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/19/10 10:07 PM

Lots and lots of luck.
....or lots of patience, if you want to take the time to go through multiple proposals using the savegame backup and replace method.
[link] this will show you how to back up your savegame files and [link] this will take you to a topic about using this method to find a Mr Spike for Miss Rainbow. smile
Posted by: deloris

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/19/10 10:11 PM

thanks i just keep on waiting i cant wait!

i dont get it because it just took me to tinyurl in the first link

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/19/10 11:25 PM

Try the links in Krystal's post again deloris. Xay fixed them. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/20/10 01:42 AM

They were supposed to redirect! Sorry about that!
Posted by: Mondegreen

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 06/21/10 05:23 AM

No screenies, but my rainbow girl and her blonde husband had a girl with hair in between brunette and redhead.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 09:36 AM

Leo the 17 year old boy playing with his toys! crazy

Agua and Aqua are twins and Delina is the youngest. No blues! Loads of rainbows! Lina is older than Libra because Libra was two when Lina was adopted at three.

All of the kids watching TV together. And the turtle on Lina's shoulders.
Posted by: Jamie:)

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 08:26 PM

@Pokemontrainer99....
How did you decorate your house like that? Is it some special variety pack or something?? I would really love to decorate mine.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 08:27 PM

Wow. How did u get that picture of ur family?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jamie:)
@Pokemontrainer99....
How did you decorate your house like that? Is it some special variety pack or something?? I would really love to decorate mine.
Hi Jamie:). That house is a mod package that I put together for Pokemontrainer99. You can download it from here. BEFORE installing the new image files be sure to read this and make a back-up copy of your original images.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 10:21 PM

ok. um when i go to paste it into my image folder... what do i do?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/03/10 10:24 PM

wait it says i need administator permission...WHAT do i do... woops caps srry
Posted by: Penesse8

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/10 11:35 PM

My favorite girl EVER in the game (Sophillia) had blue hair. Then her younger sister (Evita) had bright red hair. Then Sopphilias grandkids were twins!!
Posted by: Penesse8

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/06/10 11:36 PM

How did u get ur couple to have so many kids? mine will only have 6

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/07/10 12:46 AM

Pennesse8,the couple didn't have all the children. She took different generations of kids and put them together as if a graph.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/07/10 08:09 AM

I'm really sad as in my family I can't pick Lina, the girl I love. Can someone tell me what the third slot of the menu family is in the file with the games files is? Then I can do that! But only if I know how.

Johnny has died and I'm on the glorious search for spike or mohawk(!) Anyone willing to loan?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/10/10 08:06 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you explain what you're looking for a little more?
Posted by: naomi

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/04/10 04:18 AM

i got a defintly peep(girl) maybe peep (boy) and there first child was single and then they had twins so im not sure if they will have triplets next. maybe smirk

by the way how do you get to take a picture of your game and stick it here? confused i have wanted to take a pictur of my game and stick it up here confused laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/04/10 09:57 AM

How to Post a Picture is a sticky thread in Fan Art. smile
Posted by: naomi

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/04/10 11:48 AM

laugh here is my v.f family with rainbow girl

Posted by: CsocsoOrchid

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/04/10 07:14 PM

I just started playing Virtual Families, I have a Rainbow haired girl, and a black haired husband... And my baby has orange hair!! smile I have a rare child in my first family, first generation for the first baby try!! laugh I feel myself lucky for this!! smile
Posted by: AwesomePerson

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/05/10 02:40 AM

Hey, have you guys ever heard of a zebra haired girl/boy? And, if so, are they rare?
Posted by: squishy

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 12/23/10 02:02 AM

How do you get the image file and chart? I dont seem to have an image file.
Posted by: Jo13

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/05/11 12:46 AM

Brown-haired Aurora and red-haired Fargico's third child, Gepozo, ended up with black hair and a head that is much further up the chart than his parents' ones.

Redheads Brett and Mimi, after four sons who were also redheads, ended up with a brown-haired daughter (again, further up the head chart than them). Their son Theodore is blond, but he's adopted.

And Rowena really stands out among the blonde children of Moira and Inacio, who both have blonde hair as well. Rowena has purple hair but her head is among the brown-haired ones in the head chart.

Posted by: laurence

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 01/05/11 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: squishy
How do you get the image file and chart? I dont seem to have an image file.
smile I wrote it for you here: Forums List » Windows/Mac Games (and Palm/Pocket PC) » Virtual Families » The rarest of people wink
Posted by: XX viola girl XX

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 02/03/11 03:28 AM

I think they are just the people with black hair and white highlights.They aren't very rare.
Posted by: IsolaFlower

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/28/11 03:56 PM

haha i wish you could have more then six! the extras could just sleep in the living room! or on the floor laugh lol!

Naomi: umm...how did you get that hair! it's different than mine and i like it

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/28/11 07:59 PM

User modifications can be used to change the images in the games, including hair styles.

These mods can be found in the Virtual Families Mods Forum, which is at the bottom of the main Forum List. Be certain that you read the Installation Instructions for Graphic Mods before using any mod.

That specific hairstyle mod can be found here.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/28/11 08:02 PM

thanks....i have done mods before but i love that hair!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/28/11 08:57 PM

If you start a new game you can have a rainbow haired girl by choosing her from the adoption options. You just have to reject everyone else until she comes up. Otherwise you have to wait until she comes up as a possible marriage proposal or a child. Lyssaria did smooth out the hair in her mod though. smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/28/11 09:00 PM

yeah i did that, but i kept passing her! i had to keep going! i passed her three times before i finally stoped right on her....i should have married the bald guy! i didn't realize he would have rare kids...i'll try that sometime!
( added) ugh im on the wrong computer! >:( i wanted to upload a pic!
and what is considered a rare child? the spike/mohawk/rainbow/blue. haired peeps? or is it like when you marry and have a child outside of the genetics?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/11 03:51 AM

here! i've done it! i restarted one family ( i didnt like them anyway! lol) i got rainbow girl and on the fourth porposal i got spike man! ( i think rainbow girl gets proposal more often) and they now have Mohawk boy! ( btw thanks for the rainbow hair mod! i like it better then the other one!)

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/11 07:10 AM

Congrats on Miss Rainbow and Mr. Spike. As you've discovered they can also have Mohawk boys (as well as blue-hair girls) in addition to rainbow-hair girls and spikey boys. They can also have others further up the head chart (for this couple they would be considered 'rare children'). For the purposes of this game, rare children are basically those that are born outside of the heads between the parents on the heads chart. Does that make any sense?

Hey, would you like me to fix you up an X2Y1 map so that the entire wall by that stairway is crimson?
*Update* I went ahead and did you up a map and PM-ed it to you.
-MissKathy

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/11 04:46 PM

haha...yeah i noticed that..it happened when i merged it smile thanks!
and is it just me or do they get " depressed" and "a bit blue" easier then the others....EMO PEOPLE!!!
( added )sound the bells a child is born!(ding-dong) blue spiky kid...yay!
oh BTW how old r y'all? im 12

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/11 06:38 PM

I'm 12 also. Congrats on the new baby!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/29/11 08:22 PM

cool! tnx guys! im so happy!( added) aww man! my one family ( not my rare one) my father died and apparently while i was gone he made 3 million! in only like...three hours! now he has 7 million! however he did it i'd like to know! anyway i have now started another G. with head number 35 and he's now married to head number 34! they just had a little girl! head number 32! too cute! i can buy whatever i wanna too...those kids will be too spoiled for they're own good!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 06/30/11 06:14 PM

oh yeah!!!!!!! i just had too blue haired girls!!!! ( no twins) so happy!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/11/11 05:36 AM

well this is sad frown its been so long since someone posted... im now 13!! lol well my mom had to get the computer a new hardrive, and i lost all my families!!!! i had one family that was going on 13th Gen..now i have to start over, very sad indeed
Posted by: maowang

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 03/31/12 04:08 AM

OMG I paired a rare mohawk dude with a frizzy blonde girl and got Montana, a blue haired little girl!
Posted by: Vfplayer

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 07/20/12 07:27 PM

i have 14 generations of ppl on vf and idont want to start over so i downloaded the free version and made a family and skiped like 4 spikey hair ppl and 1 rainbow haired girl and then found another and started with it.
Posted by: Dianna_Bickett

Re: [Spoiler] Children Mutations - 07/27/12 01:56 AM

I don't have an answer for you but i have a question. Where and how did you get children mutations? I have not seen any spikey or rainbow hair. I currently have 30 generations, 81 out of 100 trophies and my money is currently $2,163,793,249,435.00. I have been playing for a very long time and have not seen any children mutations. What do i have to do to get them?
Thanks

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 07/27/12 01:58 AM

If by "child mutations" you mean what has been termed a "rare child" in the forums, then you can read the very first post in this thread for more information.
Posted by: AngelCakes23

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/27/13 04:27 PM

How do you find rare peeps? I tapped retry for all the adoptions and not a single rare peep didn't appear. Can you only have rare peeps on computer? (I have a tablet.....not a computer!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like pie.
Posted by: StarWarrior72

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/27/13 10:37 PM

Hi, guys! I've read eight pages of this post, and I think I understand everything except one teeny tiny little problem.... What IS a rare child? I mean, obviously it's a child, and it's rare, but how do I tell if my family has a rare member? Please reply in PM, as I may never remember to check here again. For instance, this black-haired couple had a kind of zebra-haired girl..

Yeah! I have a little black and white haired girl! I have no idea if she's rare or not though... still waiting to see.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/27/13 11:06 PM

The very first post in this thread states

Quote:
A "rare child" as used in this topic is a child that features a head that does not belong to his/her parents' genetic pattern. For example, if you locate your bigheads00.png file in the game's Images folder [usually only available to be found in the Windows and Mac versions of the game], you can use this as a guideline to see how the children should look and whether or not you have a rare child on your hands!
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/15/14 09:30 PM

Hey, I'm thinking of starting an uncommon family when I get an uncommon person you know (Spikey, Mohawk, Blue, Rainbow) But I haven't gotten any so far.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/26/14 11:40 PM

OMG! My beautiful brown haired girl just married a blue spikey! But since she has brown hair. They won't have a rainbow, blue, or mohawk! Unless a very rare child appears as a rare child or a knock on the door.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/02/14 04:41 AM

Is anyone currently trying any rainbow experiments?

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/03/14 08:25 PM

I'm gonna try a rainbow haired or blue haired experiment so I can get them as children. I really want them really bad:(

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/04/14 03:20 AM

I meant not now just when I get one.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/07/14 01:07 AM

Great news I just got the blonde short cut so I might pick him and have him marry miss blue or rainbow laugh

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/13/14 07:20 PM

Ok, I picked him and he married blonde bun so hopefully they will get me to the bottom of the chart.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/14/14 03:40 PM

After Adria they had Lucky then they had triplets. I'm picking Adria and marrying her to bald, mohawk, or spikey.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/15/14 07:23 PM

Here is a pic of my family

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/15/14 07:24 PM

That sounds like a good plan Christopher. smile Good luck!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/15/14 07:25 PM

And another.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/15/14 07:31 PM

Thanks Kathy I have wanted a rainbow family for 2 months now. And this is the first time I got a person I need for it. When I started my game on file 3 and started with Rainbow I had no idea they could produce look-a-like children. I am so excited! By the way I had the spikey guy but he married a normal girl

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/15/14 07:37 PM

I'm also trying to use GIMP but it is tricky I can't get the rooms I mentioned in my mod merge post together because of the plant outside Moonlyght's Fancy Bddroom.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/19/14 01:23 AM

So everyone is gone in college and the parents have gray hair.

------

I'm picking Adria for sure even though I have only had a girl that looks like Jura once frown
I really want those Rainbow haired and mohawk kids and that is why I am picking Adria otherwise I would choose Jura.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/19/14 09:08 PM

Ok. I just did some mods and now I don't have multiple lewanda dresses now I just have the red one and I used photophatty's all new house along with the fix, who would like to see it.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/19/14 09:29 PM

Here are the pics.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/20/14 11:05 PM

Yay I got the red dress to appear in my store after taking away the mod that is the Mod that is mostly dresses I settled for the red Lewanda's Dress Mod

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/21/14 06:47 PM

The parents are currently 59 (Jessette) and 62 (Marcory). I want to start the new generation now but they won't die. I want to get rainbow haired kids.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/22/14 02:03 PM

Marcory died at age 64 and I picked Adria who said not really just like Jura and I did the backup restore thing and got a proposal from Mr. Spiky for Adria.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/22/14 04:36 PM

Here is a pic

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/22/14 10:54 PM

Child 2 (Mohawk) is now released I gave him 3 encyclopedias and an desensitization kit now he also likes WORK. PS: Sorry I didn't post a screenieshot I'll do it when they have child 3.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/22/14 11:25 PM

Right before they had another mohawk, I got an adoption event.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/23/14 05:28 PM

They have had another child who I have never had before and I can't believe I didn't notice but the two boys are both named Nero!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/24/14 01:30 PM

I just got the bald guy!

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/24/14 11:11 PM

Well, now I'm not so sure what do you guys think should I use the Rainbow Hair Makeover or not?

I decided to stop using room mods, just the head fixes. And I am gonna use the rainbow hair makeover in March.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/26/14 08:44 PM

I decided to do mods again except the transparent stuff and I decided to switch between the rainbow makeover and the rainbow original every month.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/27/14 05:51 PM

Ok, this is what I am trying to say
I had all of Lewanda's dresses now I chose to just do the red one.
I use the rainbow girl makeover every other month.
I decided to do transparent menu bar and tool tray again even though in the post above I said I wouldn't.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/27/14 06:17 PM

Here are the pics.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/28/14 06:39 PM

I chose Ro and she married blonde short cut and had their first child

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/30/14 05:11 PM

They had an adoption event.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/03/15 07:35 PM

I decided it was too hard to get rare families so I stopped doing it.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/10/15 06:07 AM

I decided to restart every single family I had because I wanted to start over.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/16/15 09:34 PM

Look at this and I swear I did not do this. Its clones, daughter and mother.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 01/17/15 06:42 PM

I found out how to make the pictures JPG so I am posting this.
Posted by: strawberriesrock

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 11/25/15 06:56 PM

I have zebra hair girl laugh
Posted by: GamerGirlSam

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 09/17/16 04:48 PM

Are the rainbow-hair kids rare on Virtual Families 2 too?
I also got the blue haired girl on VF1 through marriage, but they never had any rare children.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/16 05:00 AM

But anyway, I started a new game on my iPod touch, and I adopted a rainbow-haired girl named Frau. She married Hubby, who I think is a 41 on the head chart. I don't think that they will have any of the last 4 kids, but I thought it would be interesting to have the rainbow haired girl.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/23/16 05:45 PM

Update: Frau and Hubby now have a son who is a 45 on the head chart named Aketto.
Also, I didn't notice at first, but Frau and Hubby are a perfect match. They're both lobbyists smile

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 10/30/16 04:03 AM

Here's a screenshot of the family. And yes, Tux and Francico are twins. I'm probably going to choose Bretta, Bit, or Lucola for the next generation.
And sorry for the black boxes on the sides of the screenshot. The resolution of the game on my iPod touch isn't perfect.

Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children - 12/12/16 01:46 AM

Update: I chose Bretta to take over the house, and she married a person who looks like the twins in the picture on the previous post. They now have a baby girl.