ghosts

Posted by: clover63012

ghosts - 06/07/09 08:27 PM

i just wondered if anyone had a ghost in their game. It is actually pretty funny. One of my parents was on bed , going away and I upgraded the kitchen in the middle. She rose from the bed and started doing chores. Sometimes she has another one of herself going around the house too. You cant click on her and tell her what to do but looks like she is trying to be useful,lol
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: ghosts - 06/07/09 08:42 PM

It's a glitch that was fixed previously.. I think in version .04 or maybe .03.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: ghosts - 06/07/09 09:27 PM

This is something that was fixed in a previous version of the game. If you purchased the game from us, please follow the procedures in this post to upgrade to the current version. If you purchased the game elsewhere, please read the bolded note in the linked post, and contact the company where you purchased your game for the updated version.
Posted by: clover63012

Re: ghosts - 06/08/09 04:03 AM

i already have the latest version .05. just wondered if I was the only one to have this happen. I dont mind ghosts.
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: ghosts - 06/08/09 04:34 AM

I'd like to have a ghost in my game. I think it would be interesting. smile
Posted by: littlewindbird

Re: ghosts - 06/08/09 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: clover63012
i just wondered if anyone had a ghost in their game. It is actually pretty funny. One of my parents was on bed , going away and I upgraded the kitchen in the middle. She rose from the bed and started doing chores. Sometimes she has another one of herself going around the house too. You cant click on her and tell her what to do but looks like she is trying to be useful,lol

That would be so cool to see. Does she still earn money even though shes technically passed away?
Posted by: NiCi

Re: ghosts - 06/08/09 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: clover63012

A ghost would be wicked fun! I'd love watching Mum or Dad still pottering around the place long after they've technically gone...laughgrin

Re: ghosts - 07/06/09 09:48 PM

I have a ghost in my game. well, hes not a ghost anymore, since both him and his double became solid. the wife and daughter are still depressed because they think he is dead, but as you can see from the screenshots, not only is he alive, but he can now multi-task better then before, since theres now 2 of him grin and he still even earns an income. I am running the .05 version of the game. I thought this was pretty cool. wonder how long he will stay alive

Re: ghosts - 07/06/09 10:01 PM

Littlewindbird, did you upgrade to 1.00.05 from 1.00.00 or .01?
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: ghosts - 07/06/09 10:11 PM

How did you do it in .05 littlewindbird????

Re: ghosts - 07/06/09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Xay

I never had the earlier versions, just the .05. I logged in and saw that he was passing away, so to make my family feel less depressed, i upgraded the office. he got up from the bed (his ghost was already gone, but i guess his body hadnt disappeared yet) and celebrated the house upgrade. i couldnt click on him at first, but after a few mins, he became solid, then when i switched familys and came back, his ghost was solid. Heres some more screenshots

Re: ghosts - 07/07/09 04:36 AM

i logged back in to my family, and i had 3 husbands and 4 wives. it was so sad because all 4 of the wives had a headache, and i couldnt help her because she was a ghost. I switched to another family and switched back and all 4 ghosts of the wife passed away. cry so sad that i couldnt have her still in the game with her 3 husbands. this is her farewell pic
Posted by: Parazombie

Re: ghosts - 07/07/09 05:05 AM

Oh, wow, that's totally crazy, but extremely awesome! This is really in the .05 version? I'm very curious if this has happened to anyone else...
Posted by: Elisa725

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 06:10 PM

It happened 2 me.
Posted by: DrDan

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: littlewindbird

I never had the earlier versions, just the .05. I logged in and saw that he was passing away, so to make my family feel less depressed, i upgraded the office. he got up from the bed (his ghost was already gone, but i guess his body hadnt disappeared yet) and celebrated the house upgrade. i couldnt click on him at first, but after a few mins, he became solid, then when i switched familys and came back, his ghost was solid. Heres some more screenshots

This has nothing to do with the Ghost but I see your screen shot there Fargu = 63 & is extremely weak??? I don't have anyone that old yet but is that something I will see when my peeps get older? is there anything you can do about them being weak??

Just asking smile
Posted by: Jamie_lee

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 08:39 PM

it happens when you do something like upgrade the house or praise them
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DrDan
This has nothing to do with the Ghost but I see your screen shot there Fargu = 63 & is extremely weak??? I don't have anyone that old yet but is that something I will see when my peeps get older? is there anything you can do about them being weak??

Just asking smile

Usually the weak and extremely weak status happens because of prolonged illness and or starvation. I have a gentleman right now who is 67 with a completely full health bar. There are some threads that can give you ideas to try to keep your people from being weak. There is a thread about 4 down on the first page of the virtual families forum called Bayou Blonde's Helpful VF Answers and Post Index that can guide you to those threads. smile

Posted by: IzMeAiNe

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 08:51 PM

IM DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMED! My oldest is 57 so that might start happening to her.
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: ghosts - 07/09/09 09:42 PM

My oldest lasting character is still alive and kicking at 66 right now. I'm keeping a close eye on him! I looked away for 2 minutes to send a PM and his wife died at 65.

Re: ghosts - 07/10/09 05:01 PM

Littlewindbird,

Did you get your game from LDW or another retailer? I purchased and upgraded from LDW and was not able to get a ghost when I tried doing the same.
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: ghosts - 07/10/09 07:28 PM

Hmm... I have both the Shockwave version and the version from LDW. Shockwave usually doesn't mess with the programming outside of adding their logo and registration bit, but I could switch back to it and see.

Re: ghosts - 07/11/09 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: knksmiles

Littlewindbird,

Did you get your game from LDW or another retailer? I purchased and upgraded from LDW and was not able to get a ghost when I tried doing the same.

I downloaded the trail version from LDW, and then purchased it from BFG after it was released there. I uninstalled the LDW version before downloading the BFG version. I lost everything and had to start over. I have found out that i can do that with each family. To answer the question about why he was extremly weak, i think it was because he was dying of old age and I brought him back to life, so it gave him a tiny bit of health. I gave him food and a few candys, and that kept him going for a few hours. His ghosts kept dying tho. Guess i should have done the same with them with the food and candy.

Re: ghosts - 07/11/09 05:29 AM

Hmm... Maybe it is a quirk with BFG. I wanted a ghost.

Re: ghosts - 07/11/09 06:29 PM

I do have the BFG version, perhaps I can give it a shot sometime to see if it does happen with theirs.

----
Yeah, as expected it happened to me too. smile I tried it on a test family so I wouldn't risk anything in my main one and..

Posted by: Indigo Jo

Re: ghosts - 08/23/09 11:43 PM

I'm using version 05 and have just lost my mowhawk called 'Alfred' However, he dies, waved at me, walked off and into the wardrobe - or so it looked anyway, but his body didn't disappear!! Maizie grieved in the normal way bless her heart, still after a few mins of her wandering round, Alf's remains haunted her bed.

I switched the game off and restarted after a few mins, only to find TWO Alf's lying side by side on the bed. confused shocked Both of them got up, both of them waved at me and both of them disapepared into the wardrobe. Still two bodies remained.

By this time it was becoming a little spooky! I switched players this time and after a while I hesitated at switching back in case I found three of him this time! There were STILL two bodies of poor old Alf, but after a few mins they did eventually disappear.

I'm not sure what's going on here. The computer was not needing a restart,I was not running more than this game at the time and have had no other such problems before.

Anyone else had a peep that obviously loved his family so much he refused to 'go'?
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: ghosts - 08/24/09 12:55 AM

creepy!

That sort of thing never happened to me - only thing that did happened was I opened my game and on of the peeps had died. He waved and his body stayed there for a little while - longer than the other ones - and then vanished.

Re: ghosts - 08/24/09 01:04 AM

Where did you purchase your game from Jo? So far I know that BigFishGames has a little ghosty situation.. haven't heard of that body issue where it refuses to leave eek
Posted by: Indigo Jo

Re: ghosts - 08/24/09 09:39 AM

Here, Lyssaria smile straight and direct from here. Both bodies did leave but not for quite a while. It was quite creepy seeing two bodies side by side just laid there, not as ghosts either just as full bodies asleep but right up close to each other.

As I said, I've never had this problem before, have no problems with memory issues on the pc and nothing else either on the internet or other games I had played that day had either stuck or run slow.

It may well have just been one of those flukey things that happens now and again. I'll let you know if I have any further issues like this on any other pc and laptops we have. ( All virtual families games, on all pc's and laptop's were bought and downloaded from this site wink smile )I do use Bigfish games for things like Mahjong etc., but that's it really.

Re: ghosts - 08/24/09 06:23 PM

That's something that we do know about, and happens occasionally in the LDW version, usually when, at the time of death, something is purchased that causes the peeps to celebrate.
Posted by: Cheron

GHOSTS? - 09/20/09 05:57 AM

I'm not sure if these are ghosts or not?
She's 66 and he's 68. They were eating dinner when they both disappeared. I found them going to bed to die (sad), but there were now two of each of them! Twins. All four of them waved goodbye and then I got four separate popup death messages, two messages for each of them!
Posted by: emri

Re: GHOSTS? - 09/20/09 03:04 PM

WOW!that is so strange.Looks like four people died instead of two.Maybe it is like the Twilight Zone.
Posted by: ajuma

Re: GHOSTS? - 09/21/09 12:04 AM

That's something that we do know about, and happens occasionally in the LDW version, usually when, at the time of death, something is purchased that causes the peeps to celebrate.

Cool!! I'm going to have to try that! I'll keep an anti spam disk in my tool tray and wait for someone to pass awat,
Posted by: VVguy88

Re: ghosts - 09/27/09 05:21 AM

I just got one i used the anti spam disk.
It was one of my guys he died 2 times
the 2th time he did die cry. It was sad but i moved on
to my 2th gen oh well. but my new girl etna is doing good
a pair of twins and 3 more kids 5 KIDS!!!.
The Same number of kids in my first gen!!!!!
Posted by: Gabby483

Re: ghosts - 09/30/09 10:25 PM

lol same thing just happened to me.Piper just died and i praised her for lying in repose and she got up and i kept praising her to the point that she got up in her old body and ran away very slowly (old age) and her ghost disappeared and then i tryed to get rid of it and then i got freaked out cuz it was just there walking about and i went to the menu and clicked on one of my other families and went back and then Piper re-died and i let her die lol

Re: ghosts - 09/30/09 10:26 PM

Question: when you have just ghosts, are you able to start another family? Or the game thinks of them as living people?

Re: ghosts - 09/30/09 10:41 PM

You can start another generation, as long as you have an actual living child. Generally, even though they still walk through the house, the game recognizes that they have passed. To be sure, however, when you have a ghost, check the family screen and see if the portrait of the ghosted person is dim or bright.

Re: ghosts - 10/01/09 03:32 AM

Thanks Xay!

I was going to try to have some ghosts, but was afraid to keep stuck in the game. smile
Posted by: Jersygirl15

Re: ghosts - 10/12/09 12:08 AM

i have a new version too but i really wanna try this , is there any hope i can make them have ghosts here ?? or no hope with the new versions ??

and how can i open the family bank account screen like in littlwindbird's screenshot ??

Re: ghosts - 10/12/09 12:38 AM

You can open the family bank account screen by pressing the "$" sign that is by the amount of money you have in the lower right hand corner of the screen in-game.
Posted by: nate the great

Re: ghosts - 10/12/09 07:17 PM

ghosts rule! i love that glitch! or was it a bug.. well anyway.. I LOVE THE GLITCH/BUG(?)! laugh
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: ghosts - 11/29/09 09:54 AM

I saw my first ghost today! I didn't think I would get them since I have the newest version of the game and I thought that glitch was fixed, but it was sort of cool.

The guy was walking around the house and I kept trying to click on him (I didn't know he was dead at that point). Nothing happened. Then I noticed his name, etc was not showing at the bottom of the screen. When I looked at the detail screen, it only showed his wife. He was no longer listed. That is when I realized he was a ghost. I watched to see what he would do. He wandered out by the shed then back into the house and went to bed--normally as he would have if still alive--next to his wife. When I left and then came back to that family, he was lying on the other side of the bed in repose, waving goodbye.
Posted by: Ninah

Re: ghosts - 05/02/10 03:29 AM

Hi,

I am a new member of the forum. Last night, my elderly couple died and left a small child. Their spirits stood up and waved to me, but before they disappeared, I upgraded the kitchen. The dead couple (and their spirits) got up out of bed and walked through the kitchen, danced around, and proceeded to go through their routine for 10 minutes before they lay down again to die. During the time they were walking around, the spirits faded in and out as they walked through the house. I thought this was just a glitch in the program, so I ended my game.

A few minutes ago, I was working on another family and the wife died. I did the same thing (upgrading the kitchen before the body disappeared) and she got up (along with her spirit) and walked around the house. I have attached a picture of this. This zombie is sleeping on the couch while the spirit is by the kitchen sink.

The "zombie" and "ghost" cannot be clicked on, but they move through the house like they are alive.

Is this a glitch, or have I stumbled upon a zombie and ghost situation here?

Believe it or not... the zombie just sent me an email!!! It says:

To Bailey
From Brola

Greetings!

I have to say, I think I'm coming down with something. There are these birds that keep visiting the yard. They look tropical. Got to go now.

Later,

Brola

This is really Creeping me out!!! I cannot click on her or the spirit, she's just walking through the house as if she was alive.

Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: ghosts - 05/02/10 04:28 AM

Yes, it seems to be a glitch... a kinda cool one. Eventually the mother will "die" again as well as her ghost, mine did. One a parent has departed you can start a new generation, wait until both parents depart to start a new generation, or raise the child on his/her own until they leave for college and then start a new generation. The choice is yours.