Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS]

Posted by: BayouBlonde

Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 08:48 PM

I find the baby boost store description and the game guide description to be a little conflicting and would like to know what people's experience has been with multiple doses.

So, the store description says:
Click to reveal..
Multiple doses can DECREASE the effectiveness.

While the Game Guide says:
Click to reveal..
Multiple doses may cause TWINS or TRIPLETS.

Which do you think is correct? Have you given multiple doses to your little people? Have you had any increase or decrease in fertility? any increase in multiple births?

As for myself, so far, I've stuck to the store description. I give baby boost only when I have a couple of unsuccessful "tries" in a row or a doc consult says one or both of them need it. I've never given more than one dose to the same little person (I use notes in the family section to keep track.) I always have 5-6 kids per couple.
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 09:45 PM

In my experience multiple doses do help them to have a baby. After 2-4 doses the couple is almost guaranteed to get a baby when they try for one.

However, I have noticed no increase in multiple births, even with 10+ doses for each peep (mother and father), so I do not believe it works to increase the chance of multiples at all.

I give baby boost to everybody. Hey, I what else am I going to spend $ on, now that I have all the upgrades?
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 10:48 PM

Gosh.. how did you get all the upgrades so quick?
Posted by: Lewanda

BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 10:51 PM

BayouBlonde, I saw the difference in what the guide and store descriptions said about the baby boost too, and it also confused me.

I used to get mulitple births every time I used the baby boost...They would eventually have twins or triplets if not on the first try. However since upgrade .05 I haven't had one multiple birth no matter how much or how little baby boost I use. It has to have something to do with a change in programming from the earlier versions to this one.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
Gosh.. how did you get all the upgrades so quick?

I have all the upgrades already. Of course, I have been playing since the release. (Like, download/install time is all I was down from the release.) smile

BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 11:00 PM

I never used baby boost before I upgraded to .05. I have had multiple births since .05, but not nearly as many as I had before. I went straight from .00 to .05, so I tend to agree that it is something in the programming of the .05 version that has decreased our chances of multiple births, regardless of baby boost. I saw nothing in the readme notes about any changes though.
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 11:05 PM

I still have .02 and .04 downloads and am thinking about reinstalling one of them to see if I can get multiples again. I really don't see so many fixes in the .05 version anyway.
Posted by: esther1981

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 11:24 PM

i dont see any increase in multiples with or without baby boost. i have only had 1 set of twins on one family and one set of triplets on another. i cant remember if i used it b4 i had the twins, but i know i didnt b4 the triplets. i normally dont use it til the couples in their late 30s or 40s. but even after repeated uses i see no multiples!
Posted by: namesdi

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 11:42 PM

I have 05 and never had the earlier versions. I have 5 families going and all of them are in the second generation. They have twins and triplets a lot! (I've never bought the baby boost) I just thought this was normal for the game and everyone else is having lots of multiples too.

Twins and triplets must run in all of my little peeps families! heeheehee
Posted by: Riograce

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 11:45 PM

The lack of multiples doesn't bother me - it's one of the aspects of the game that mirrors Real Life (tm). I've had one set of triplets and one set of twins among all five of my family trees, and that seems right to me.

And while some of my peeps have taken longer to get preg than others, I haven't had any real difficulty having families of at least three children.

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 12:47 AM

So, basically neither the store information nor the game guide information is correct?
Repeated dosing does not increase the chance of twins or triplets and repeated dosing does not decrease the chance of having a baby?

I'm gonna make myself sound like a real addict here, but since I was updated to .05, I play 14 families. hehe (It started as a way for me to gather data on a lot of careers at one time, then I found myself unable to choose which of the little families to delete.) Out of those 14, I have one generation that had only 4 kids (this was a family created by my daughter) and one that had only 5 kids. All the remaining have had 6 kids per, and I'm striving to keep it that way. At the moment I have a couple in their 40s that have only 4 kids. They've already had baby boost and I'm getting nervous that they won't make 6 before they hit 50+ because they've recently had a few unsuccessful attempts. I've been tempted to try re-dosing them. Hence, my curiosity about everyone's experience with multi-dosing and it's effects.

Thank you all for your replies!
Posted by: esther1981

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 01:02 AM

ive given it multiple times to the same peeps and some go and try and dont succeed so i just give it again wait 15-20 minutes try again. normally they have one! if not i just repeat! lol im an addict too! smile
Posted by: Simsane

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 01:25 AM

I asked about that in an earlier thread and at that time, Lady said that what the description means is that multiple doses will not help more -- not that dosing multiple times will "decrease" the chance of them having kids though. It just isn't supposed to "help" them conceive as much as the first dose does. But I agree with the rest of you, it wasn't well written. Apparently it wasn't well written in either the game guide nor in the game. I have both, but after skimming over the guide, I found that coming here was far more helpful and haven't looked at the guide since.

But, now that I've said that -- yes, I given more than one dose and always end up with at least a single baby still. I have ten families and most are either on their third or fourth generation now. When I got the .05 version, I completely uninstalled my game, reinstalled it, added the game code that was in my email back in and started as though I had just received the game.

I have had at least 5 sets of triplets and 2 or 3 sets of twins. I actually get more triplets than twins. Several were born "after" I dosed them, but at least one set of triplets just happened on my first try -- before using the baby boost. So, maybe my game is like that other person's game where her peeps just seem to carry the "multiples" gene or something. smile

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 02:20 AM

Ahh, thanks Simsane. I ran a search for "baby boost" before creating the thread, but it found over 200 posts and I gave up reading after the 5th page or so. I think I'll just stick with my method of one dose per person as it seems like more than one doesn't really do anything. I'll just spend my extra cash on changes of clothes, movies, books and extra fruit, or seeing how many groceries I can cram into the fridge. hehe

I have had triplets and twins since .05, just not nearly as many as with .00, but then again, I'm not up to as many generations yet either (even though I have five more families.)
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde

I'm gonna make myself sound like a real addict here, but since I was updated to .05, I play 14 families. hehe

I have 12 myself. blush

But, it's really more fun to have more families. I picked one to be my "favorite" and I use Twitter to post about it. It makes it even more fun.

Okay, yeah, I'm addicted, what else is new?
Posted by: Simsane

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 03:54 AM

15 and 12? smile I thought I was bad, lol! Yea, this game is fun and the more the merrier, I wholeheartedly agree!

BayouBlonde, I've only given more than one dose in a few instances. I have had at least 4 peeps now that were told by the doctor's evaluation that they needed a baby boost even though they had just taken over the house and were between 23 and 27 years old. With those, I will give them one and then if they only have a single child and aren't willing to try again for a long time, I will sometimes give them a second one. hmmm, I'm not saying that quite right. If they have one and then 5, 6 or 7 years later they have another one and then when they are in their mid-40's I decide to try again, THEN I will give them another one to try to help make sure they have that last child. Based on what Lady told me, that shot still helps, just not as much as the original one did.

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 05:59 AM

I've had couples who didn't succeed in getting a baby the first time. So we tried again, and again and again. Many times. Eventually they are with child. No baby boost. Just patience. (I'm too tight to spend $500.00 on the shot, LOL)

In one of my first generation families I had a woman who had 5 children. It took her a long time to make a family. I would have to put her and her husband together over and over. By the time she had her 6th child she was 54.

I always write down if they are twins or triplets in the place for notes. Here's the multiples I've had with no baby boost.

Family 1:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples.
Second generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins

Family 2:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins, 1 set triplets

Family 3:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set triplets
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins

Family 4:
First generation - 6 kids - One set twins
Second generation - 4 kids - no multiples yet

Family 5:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples
Second generation - 4 kids - No multiples yet

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 04:40 PM

Ok, using the info Simsane posted and the advanced search feature to weed out all those other "baby boost" posts, here is what I found:
Post 1
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
You can give as many baby boost shots as you want (and can afford). What "diminished effect" means is that, after the first shot, each additional shot provides less of a boost than the one before it, but it still provides some amount of boost.

2nd Post
When it comes to using Baby Boost, you really only have two choices: guesswork or paying for a doctor's consultation. The doctor's consultation will let you know for sure where Baby Boost might be useful. Guesswork can be expensive, but may be effective anyway. Regardless of which option you choose, multiples are still largely random. You could spend all of your money on Baby Boost and still not get twins or triplets.

3rd Post
The description says, "Note that repeated applications have a diminished effect." That means that each additional shot will be less effective than previous ones, but it does not have a negative effect on ability to have babies.

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 05/31/09 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: namesdi
I've had couples who didn't succeed in getting a baby the first time. So we tried again, and again and again. Many times. Eventually they are with child. No baby boost. Just patience. (I'm too tight to spend $500.00 on the shot, LOL)

In one of my first generation families I had a woman who had 5 children. It took her a long time to make a family. I would have to put her and her husband together over and over. By the time she had her 6th child she was 54.

I always write down if they are twins or triplets in the place for notes. Here's the multiples I've had with no baby boost.

Family 1:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples.
Second generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins

Family 2:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins, 1 set triplets

Family 3:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set triplets
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins

Family 4:
First generation - 6 kids - One set twins
Second generation - 4 kids - no multiples yet

Family 5:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples
Second generation - 4 kids - No multiples yet

Just wanted to add that I had another set of twins this morning. Family 4, second generation- no baby boost!
Posted by: devotedmommy

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/01/09 05:05 AM

child at 54!!!! I thought 50 was the cut off????
Posted by: kp0712

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/01/09 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: devotedmommy
child at 54!!!! I thought 50 was the cut off????

My peeps have had a child at the age of 52

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/01/09 04:03 PM

I've seen other posts that say 50 is the cutoff for having babies but it's not true. I am 100 percent sure that one of mine had a baby at 54.
Posted by: arnie

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/01/09 06:23 PM

No, it looks like there is no firm cut-off time. People were probably thinking of VV2 and VV3, where there is a cut-off age of 50.

The game guide, under "random tips" simply says:
Quote:
The ability to make children slowly decreases with age.

Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/01/09 06:46 PM

I n my third genaration in one of my other games I started later. This couple only had one child only. Maybe if I used baby boost they would of had more children, but when I saw how much was in the kity and how much the baby boost cost at the time did not have enough money as at the time I used the money to buy food and upgraid the house.

The forth genaration have no problems.
Posted by: Scully

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/03/09 05:46 PM

My parents had 4 single kids without the baby boost. Just to see what would happen, I gave it to them and the next time they tried...twins! It occurs to me that if you want large families, but don't want the mom to lose career time constantly nursing, giving them the baby boost right away will maximize the kids and also give her maximum time to boost her career.
Posted by: Icicle

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/03/09 06:04 PM

I have never used Baby boost, although I got twins the first time I ever tried to make babies!
Posted by: fluffysue

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/08/09 08:44 PM

My first family had triplets the first time, maybe it's beginner's luck! smile It was a long time before another set of multiples came along.
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/13/09 07:45 AM

I'm still waiting for the triplets (I'm on my 8th generation). Till now I only had 2 sets of twins in 2 different generations. All the others were "single children".
Posted by: Joanna

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/13/09 01:23 PM

I've had 4 sets of triplets in 3 families - but no twins yet.
One of the couples had their triplets after baby boosting, but the others had them without any help.

I love how the triplets look running around when they're little - but I sure hated having them all leave for college at once.
Posted by: ajuma

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/13/09 01:40 PM

In the second generation, I had a bunch of money so I gave both peeps the baby boost before they even tried one time...triplets! Hasn't ever happened again. I even chose one of the triplets to carry on, but no other triplets or even twins!

I think I'll try one game with NO baby boost and see what happens.

Joanna, the triplets really are cute running around when they're small, and handy to have around when they're teens. They fixed the floors and the wall, made dinner and kept the place clean. smile
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 06/13/09 10:54 PM

ajuma, I'm going to get your idea!

First thing I'll do when I start the next generation is applying baby boost to my peeps before their "honeymoon". smile Maybe they get all happy and have triplets!

(I'm trying everything for the triplets. If you tell me a chant is needed you can expect to see me dancing and singing in front of the screen! *lol*)
Posted by: IzMeAiNe

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 07/13/09 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Icicle
I have never used Baby boost, although I got twins the first time I ever tried to make babies!

I got triplets :dD i got another pair of triplets later. Im now an official baby maker. I NEVER FAILED! yet.
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 07/13/09 06:42 PM

Since there is such a variety in results with multiple uses of baby boosts I try to avoid using it to see how a natural unmedicated family tree would look ^^

I haven't had any twins or triplets, but I'm going to assume that's just from rotten luck as opposed to no baby boost!

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 07/13/09 07:01 PM

I would have to agree with the "luck" theory, Lyssa. I've had multiples many, many times without baby boost and don't see any relation between it and multiples at all. In fact, when I created this thread, the only time I ever gave baby boost was if they had fertility problems. I never repeated a dose until I got the information that's posted here. Now, if I have one of those "incompatible" couples that fails and fails at having a child, I use multi-dosing because my thinking is that a small increase in chance is better than no increase at all. wink I'm still documenting all doses and all multiples though. One day... maybe... I'll compile it all into stats. heh
Posted by: vfmacfan

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 07/25/09 08:22 PM

I'm pretty sure multiple baby boosts will help, but have less of an effect than the first one did. By "diminished," I think LDW means that giving a person 2 baby boosts will help them more than 1 baby boost, but that the second baby boost will not help them as much as the first baby boost did.
Posted by: gmomluvsvv

Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] - 07/25/09 11:38 PM

In my usage baby boosts don't always result in a baby.....much less multiples. And do believe that most, if not all, of my multiples have been 'natural'. Of course, I do have that one prolific family with 3 sets of twins and 3 sets of triplets:)