[SPOILER] Underlying infections

Posted by: cjlouve

[SPOILER] Underlying infections - 05/26/09 05:37 PM

Hi, I didn't want to post in the illnesses sticky because this is an hypothesis.

I didn't find the strategy guide helpful when trying to diagnose (without a doctor's consultation) which one of the two serious illnesses a peep has come down with. It may be that I speak French and didn't understand what was written in the guide though.

So after testing for a while I found that someone getting cured but getting sick again within an hour needs Penicillin. Someone who immediately displays another symptom after getting some medicine (not even a second after) needs Vancomycin.

Did someone else notice something similar? I'd like to know whether my hypothesis is right or not. I'm trying to help people on a forum who are just starting the game and the doctor's consultation is expensive.

Thanks!
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Underlying infections - 05/26/09 05:44 PM

Very interesting. I will pay attention next time and see if you are correct.
Posted by: *Vanna

Re: Underlying infections - 05/26/09 06:01 PM

I believe you are correct. I have noticed this with my peeps as well!
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Underlying infections - 05/26/09 06:26 PM

I think that you may be correct too. Just last evening while playing one of my peeps was sick and after I picked them up and dropped them again a few times, it said that they had a sore throat so I bought the throat lozenges. As soon as I game those to the peep, it immediately said they were sick again so I bought the doctor's consultation and was told that they needed the vancomycin (sp?). So, that fits with what you have found out.
Posted by: cjlouve

Re: Underlying infections - 05/26/09 07:44 PM

oops, sorry I didn't think that it was a spoiler, thanks to the person who added it in the thread title. I'll be more careful next time crazy

Thanks Savannah for your help in all my posts smile
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Underlying infections - 05/26/09 10:49 PM

DD here:

That's not always true. If they have 2 illnesses at once they might need the stronger antibiotic, but not always. And if they get sick more than once within a few hours, penicillin might not work. Or maybe they don't need antibotics at all, but that's unlikely. I'll give a quick example: Kristina was sick. I healed her. A few days later (it was unpaused most of the time) she was sick again. I "healed" her, then did a doctor consult. She needed the strongest antibiotic. I found it odd, but I'm glad I caught it early. What I'm saying here is that your theory is not completly true.

BTW, I kept having to fix my mistakes! I'm not good at typing. blush
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Underlying infections - 05/27/09 03:08 PM

I finally had one of my lil peeps get sick, other than just the allergy season event. Sure enough, he had a headache cured with store med, then was itchy cured with store med. I did a doc consult and vanco was recommended. So it seems you are absolutely correct.