[SPOILER] Gophers

Posted by: tkdgrl223

[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/23/09 11:22 PM

I'm on my 4th/5th generation in each of my families but I've never seen a gopher. When do they come? How do you scare them away?
Posted by: *Vanna

Re:[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/23/09 11:26 PM

watch for the children's status to say Playing on the lawn. they will go play by the bird bath. and chase gophers on their own. Sometimes you can place them by the fountain over and over until their status is playing on lawn, but it takes a while... It never actually says chasing gophers though

Re: [SPOILER] Gophers - 05/23/09 11:27 PM

So after they dig to China try that?
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re:[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/23/09 11:32 PM

It has nothing to do with them digging a hole to China, except that the gopher holes look similar to the hole the children dig. Savannah has explained it perfectly. The gophers will appear just above the birdbath and the child's action "Playing on the lawn" is random. You just have to wait for it.

Re:[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/23/09 11:34 PM

Oh ok. Thanks guys

Re:[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/24/09 12:53 AM

Oddly enough, I just had this happen after our conversation here, so I screenied for you.

Posted by: Delaney1971

Re:[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/24/09 01:11 AM

Don't forget that the gophers make kissing sounds followed by 'hey!' or 'whoa!' or 'what??' by the kids. The kids are the only people that can conjur the gophers and they never seem to be able to catch them, but the gophers have fun teasing. If you hear random kisses and 'hey!' or 'whoa!' or 'what??' in kid voice... go to the yard near the fountain/birdbath and you can usually find the gophers out. Praise the kid doing the chasing and get the trophy.
Posted by: butter

What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/29/09 06:43 PM

Anyone know how to get the peeps to chase the gophers? I have 5 fams going and on 3rd generation on all and none yet???
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: [SPOILERS] Gophers - 05/29/09 06:57 PM

In my experience, dropping a child on the lawn close to the birdbath (until the tyke states that it is "playing on the lawn") will start the gopher chasing. However, this is just my own personal playing experience talking. smile
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/29/09 07:24 PM

Keep your ears open, too. If you hear kissing sounds followed by giggles (and no one is trying for a baby), check the lawn near the birdbath, and you will probably find a kid chasing gophers.

I thought at first that the gopher scenario did not occur until a child had "dug a hole to China", but I have learned through playing that that action is not required for the gophers to appear.
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/29/09 07:25 PM

Um....what Delaney said---sorry, I didn't scroll up before I posted (see above post).

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/29/09 10:15 PM

ok thanks alot guys, much appreciated! wink

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 01:27 AM

do I drop him 'on' the birdbath or 'close' to it? Cuz when I drop him directly on it, all he does is admire it. And if its close, is it above or below, or doe it matter?

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 04:47 AM

BayouBlonde, how'd u get the flowers around ur fountain?
Posted by: navaria

Re: What do you love about VF? [SPOILERS] - 05/30/09 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: butter
BayouBlonde, how'd u get the flowers around ur fountain?

That's what I want to know too lol.
Posted by: *Vanna

Re: [SPOILER] Gophers - 05/30/09 06:02 AM

The flowers that are around the fountain are a mod that Lewanda Made! They are gorgeous aren't they

[SPOILER] Gophers - 05/30/09 10:54 AM

We have some really great user created mods in the mod section of the forums here. Just be sure to read the sticky post on how to install them before using any of them.

Yes, the flowers are by Lewanda. Most of the mods I use are - I love her work! smile

For help with the shed and other stuff, see this post.

I don't really know that dropping them on the ground is such a good way to try for the trophy. The activity is random and you could be dropping them 5, 10, or 500 times before it ever comes up. In my opinion, you're better off just playing the game and listening / watching for the kids to do it on their own. But, if you want to try dropping, I suppose I would do it in the area above the birdbath, on the grass where the gopher holes show in the screenie I posted.

Posted by: emri

Re: [SPOILER] Gophers - 05/30/09 11:35 AM

I did all of Lewandas mods.I love them.