Token

Posted by: mydogspal

Token - 05/17/09 05:11 PM

Unfortunate name came up for adopted child with dark, curly hair. Did it happen to anyone else?
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Token - 05/17/09 08:47 PM

What do you mean by unfortunate name Sweetie???
Posted by: BootsElven

Re: Token - 05/17/09 09:14 PM

??? ... Oh, I get it! A Lord of the Rings reference, right?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Token - 05/17/09 09:23 PM

More like South Park ...
Posted by: mydogspal

Re: Token - 05/18/09 12:20 AM

yeah, like South Park
Posted by: mspeepers

Re: Token - 05/18/09 12:31 AM

I've had a couple of kids named "Spot." Sounds like a put down to me.

Re: Token - 05/18/09 12:34 AM

Lol! They are much like puppies...You train them with praise and treats. smile
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: Token - 05/18/09 01:56 AM

I had a girl named Diskette.
Posted by: KaeChan

Re: Token - 05/18/09 02:51 AM

Lord of the rings def. smile
Posted by: *Vanna

Re: Token - 05/18/09 02:52 AM

i had one named Input
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: Token - 05/18/09 03:10 AM

I had a girl named Adware. Poor kid.
Posted by: KaeChan

Re: Token - 05/18/09 03:12 AM

awww Poor Kid indeed hope you changed it's name.
Posted by: stonzee

Re: Token - 05/18/09 05:01 AM

I had twins named Bug and Bluto.
Posted by: Water4in

Re: Token - 05/18/09 06:17 AM

A girl called "Global" and her younger sister called "Zodiac". The wife from another family called "Atlas". One called "Comet". ^o^

Re: Token - 05/18/09 06:35 AM

You can rename your peeps whatever you want.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Token - 05/18/09 06:44 AM

KaeChan; your avatar is ever so adorable, is she from VF?
Posted by: AlicelovesVV

Re: Token - 05/18/09 12:52 PM

I adopted a little girl named Portal. Currently playing with a guy named Legend.
Posted by: tehaleks

Re: Token - 05/18/09 01:03 PM

Ahh, silly names... some of my girls names: Global, Smiley, Spell, Tiny, Pasha, Webby, Piana.

My boys all have... kind of normal names. They sound maybe foreign. Bingu, Burhi, Burory, Tono... and one normal little boy named Zak.

I actually quite like most of my girls names, despite how odd they are. ;x Spell is like my little goth girl, Smiley is bright and happy and wears a yellow dress. It's like it gives them personalities! Even little Zak wears an argyle sweater like some sort of preppy college boy...
Posted by: antonia

Re: Token - 05/18/09 08:59 PM

I had a little babyboy and they named it 'typo' I had the feeling they didn't even wanted the kid cry I renamed him as soon as possible, poor kid and he was so cute.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Token - 05/18/09 09:03 PM

I think the majority of names are cool, especially the ones that are take-offs of computer related things. You got to keep in mind that these aren't people who live in the outside world; they are living in your computer.

Re: Token - 05/18/09 09:11 PM

I realize they are virtual and not real smile But I was so sorry for the poor kid, am I weird or what? I guess I'm too much addicted to them. By the way, this is the only name I changed how odd the others may seem I just let them be.
Posted by: melanoma

Re: Token - 05/18/09 10:40 PM

No, you're not weird. Games like these nurture emotional connections in us. Sometimes I'll play for days in a row, then grow bored, leave it, and then return 6 months later. It's all for fun.
Posted by: scrubbs

Re: Token - 05/18/09 10:56 PM

I had twin girls named Electra and Statica.....LOL
Posted by: fluffysue

Re: Token - 05/18/09 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: antonia
I had a little babyboy and they named it 'typo' I had the feeling they didn't even wanted the kid cry I renamed him as soon as possible, poor kid and he was so cute.

OMG that is horrible...considering typo=mistake. LOL

I've had weird names like Fra, Sigma, Opus, Wiki, Nappa, Bengur....most of the names are unusual, aren't they? Although I did get a "Gregory". My favorite name I ended up with was Aspen.

I think "Adware" that someone else mentioned is one of the funniest...also sounds a bit like something unwanted, though. Anybody get a kid named "Spam" yet? LOL
Posted by: platonica

Re: Token - 05/18/09 11:26 PM

One of mine was named Token. I usually change the names, but this one was simply too irresistible.

Had boy twins today, one named Spider and the other one Bit. Can't change those names either.
Posted by: esther1981

Re: Token - 05/19/09 04:25 AM

i had a little girl named Geometry laugh
Posted by: miskinsincap

Re: Token - 05/20/09 04:33 PM

I just accepted a marriage proposal of a guy who had 204$ in the bank without even achecking anything else (yeah, I wanted the trophy). Then I realized that his name is 'Master'. I immediately upgraded the kitchen; I'll master my Master as soon as possible grin

Re: Token - 05/20/09 06:02 PM

One of my girls married a guy named "Hubby". I guess he really wanted to get married!

Re: Token - 05/20/09 07:19 PM

I've not seen a Hubby, but I've got one named Hub. With dress-sense like his, I'm surprised he ever got out of the 70s.
Posted by: miskinsincap

Re: Token - 05/20/09 09:24 PM

Master and his wife Viva had a new baby boy named Hobbit, and I got this email from Master right after their celebration:

Posted by: Simsane

Re: Token - 05/20/09 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
I've not seen a Hubby, but I've got one named Hub. With dress-sense like his, I'm surprised he ever got out of the 70s.

laugh laugh laugh

I remember those clothes from that era -- I was a teen in the '70's. smile

Re: Token - 05/23/09 08:46 PM

Oh how's this for an unfortunate name...Rubella? As in, German measles? shocked
Posted by: ~Sam~

Re: Token - 05/23/09 10:03 PM

I had one named Input as well, Savannah. I also had a child named Login.
Posted by: Arletta

Re: Token - 05/24/09 12:09 AM

One of mine is called Login. I thought it was a cute name

Recently, my 3rd generation had a daughter named Bitmap. For some reason I renamed her. Mostly because I wouldn't have been able to look at her name without dying laughing. She's Andrea now.
Posted by: tkdgrl223

Re: Token - 05/24/09 12:36 AM

I had a kid named Friday, but he became a child star before I could rename him.

Re: Token - 05/24/09 07:52 AM

I just had a little boy named dynamite, wonder how much trouble he is gonna cost me smile
Posted by: NiCi

Re: Token - 05/24/09 08:23 AM

That actually explains quite a lot! I've got husband and wife, Pennina and Excel with twin boys Bono and Metro...
Posted by: ajuma

Re: Token - 05/24/09 12:42 PM

One poor little tyke is Gigolo!! I also have siblings Jpeg (girl) and Wired (boy). I don't change the names...they're pretty funny the way they are.

Re: Token - 05/24/09 02:04 PM

I completely agree with you Antonia. They might be virtual but they are so much fun! I think I would have changed the name too. I also haven't changed the names of any of my peeps, despite their odd names. laugh
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Token - 05/24/09 02:59 PM

I like the unique names. Especially those that remind me that they are "living inside the computer." The computer related ones I can remember or have screenies of are: Giga, Jpeg, Bitmap, Micro, Linux, Wired, Login, Rubella (their version of virus maybe?) Java, Logic, Logica, Bin & Binary, Digita, Hub (like a network hub,) Sprite (images,) Humph (chat lingo?) Input, Wiki, Primary, Tech, Zip, and Click.

Add to that all the other unique ones like Idol, Purple, Zest, Bistro, ... I think it's nice that they don't name their kids exactly like we would. It kinda reminds us that they live in a completely different world.
Posted by: dmbson

Re: Token - 05/24/09 03:31 PM

token eh? lol. i'm holding out for butters!!!!

i do have a boeing. i love the odd little names.

Re: Token - 05/24/09 04:24 PM

'Adware' is almost as bad as 'Typo' considering that adware is a terrible affliction that all internet users have to deal with laugh I've only got the one family (my first) and the first person I adopted was 'Pennina' and while it is a strange name I actually really like it. smile

Re: Token - 05/24/09 04:39 PM

You've got to love that hair! laugh
Posted by: EmeriLizzie

Re: Token - 05/26/09 04:48 AM

One of my families just had twin girls ... named

Sigma
Freda

I gathered the Sigmund Freud reference, but to keep from laughing every time I saw them I renamed them Fern and Flora.

Why do the twins always have to be of both gender? Has anyone had a set of twin with one girl and one boy? Or will they always be of the same gender?

Re: Token - 05/26/09 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde
I like the unique names. Especially those that remind me that they are "living inside the computer." The computer related ones I can remember or have screenies of are: Giga, Jpeg, Bitmap, Micro, Linux, Wired, Login, Rubella (their version of virus maybe?) Java, Logic, Logica, Bin & Binary, Digita, Hub (like a network hub,) Sprite (images,) Humph (chat lingo?) Input, Wiki, Primary, Tech, Zip, and Click.

Add to that all the other unique ones like Idol, Purple, Zest, Bistro, ... I think it's nice that they don't name their kids exactly like we would. It kinda reminds us that they live in a completely different world.

I couldn't agree more. I doubt very much whether I will ever change the names of my peeps, I think each name is a part of their personality.

Re: Token - 05/26/09 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: NiCi
Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde

I couldn't agree more. I doubt very much whether I will ever change the names of my peeps, I think each name is a part of their personality.

I've had a few new ones and just looking through the thread I see some I missed that have the computer-related theme: Master, Proxy, Adware, Typo, Excel, Bit, Statica, Electra, Bug, Portal, Global, Smiley, Webby, Diskette.

With names like this is it any wonder that our lil peeps can repair routers and sell things online at the age of 2?

Gotta give em two thumbs up for creativity!
Posted by: Megolopolis

Re: Token - 05/26/09 08:17 PM

I had a set of twins. One came with the name WiFi and I renamed the other Twitter. My mother is always asking me what both of those things are so I figured it only made sense. Don't remember Twitter's original name but I don' think it was computer related.
Posted by: esther1981

Re: Token - 05/27/09 08:28 PM

i just got a little boy named Typo! frown i changed it as well!

Re: Token - 05/28/09 02:41 AM

I had a girl named Iota, which I found funny because she didn't look one iota like either of her parents (she wasn't adopted, either). laugh
I now have a boy named Bluff...I just don't know whether he can be trusted...

Typo /Re: Token - 05/28/09 03:00 AM

I always change their names too esther1981. It's really up to the individual who's playing the game. There's nothing wrong with either changing them or keeping them.

By the way, that little guy is one of my favorite characters in the game. I think he's just adorable with his messy hairdo!

Re: Token - 05/28/09 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: fluffysue
I had a girl named Iota, which I found funny because she didn't look one iota like either of her parents (she wasn't adopted, either). laugh
I now have a boy named Bluff...I just don't know whether he can be trusted...

I have an Iota too, and her daughter is also Iota! First time I've had the same name in a family.

Bluff will be fine. He was the first kid in my first familly and he was great!!
Posted by: afamilysomeday

Re: Token - 05/28/09 03:27 AM

I had girl triplets named: Majica, Brania, Karma.

Other girls names: Etna, Burca, Zest, Adry, Galatia, Rupee, Fabette, Bitmap, Bliss

Boys names: Humph, Fargone, Ice, Crisozo, Bistro, Uolle, Hubby, Jumbo
Posted by: Ptuny

Re: Token - 05/28/09 05:56 AM

It must have been a HOOT in the office when the Powers That Be were naming all our little people!
'Sides, what is life without a smile.
~~Kathleen

Re: Token - 05/28/09 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ptuny
It must have been a HOOT in the office when the Powers That Be were naming all our little people!
'Sides, what is life without a smile.
~~Kathleen

I was thinking the same thing. smile I could see them all ROFL when they came up with Omicron! laugh

Re: Token - 05/28/09 04:53 PM

There seem to be two main influences on the unusual names. The ones that Arthur probably had a hand in naming have geeky names like Bitmap and Jpeg. The ones probably named by Carla have names that look Italian to me.

There are, though, some quite "sensible" names. Since Barbara is the most sensible one here, maybe they were her choices? wink

Re: Token - 05/28/09 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: afamilysomeday
I had girl triplets named: Majica, Brania, Karma.

Other girls names: Etna, Burca, Zest, Adry, Galatia, Rupee, Fabette, Bitmap, Bliss

Boys names: Humph, Fargone, Ice, Crisozo, Bistro, Uolle, Hubby, Jumbo

The wife of my second gen boy/man Bono is named Karma, that's part of the reason I picked her to be his wife. I think it's a cool name.

Re: Token - 05/29/09 12:01 AM

Hmm... I don't know. I've noticed a few different themes: computers, Greek letters, astronomy. The others sounds like they could have come from a name generator. Some I can identify, others I have no clue. But I can't say I've had any that sounded Italian to me (not that I speak any Italian whatsoever, heh.) Bistro is definitely French though.

Maybe one of them will pipe in and let us know just how they DID come up with our little peeps very interesting and amusing names.
Posted by: jlb67

Re: Token - 06/02/09 12:42 AM

I had a girl named Diskette also she was a real sweetie... I have one named Bluff.... He does'nt like running either... crazy
Posted by: serendipity8777

Re: Token - 06/02/09 07:44 PM

I had a guy named Hippo, he's a redhead. crazy Also a guy named Wired with wiry black hair and Bitmap who is married to Tonic. I'm loving these quirky names. Haven't renamed a single person yet. Used to do that in VV until I ran out of names.

Re: Token - 06/02/09 07:54 PM

Looking through one family tree I see several names that look Italian, at least to my eye. Of course, I may well be completely wrong.

I've had: Marcone, Icona, Feliana, Stephozo, Balino, Lutetia, Logono, and Marcino. That's in just four generations.

Re: Token - 06/02/09 09:49 PM

I know one thing, if I ever have real children and want to give them an original name, I'll know where to look! LOL! Why should my daughter be one of 100 Emilys in her school, when she can be Lutetia, Aspen or Karma? Bitmap might be nice for a boy. laugh
Posted by: Nealsmama

Re: names - 06/03/09 03:02 AM

I have a female food photographer named Flash.

She looks and dresses just like Cher. Her child's name? Sonny!
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: Token - 06/14/09 03:36 AM

I had a boy called Glitch and a girl called Giga.

Re: Token - 06/14/09 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Looking through one family tree I see several names that look Italian, at least to my eye. Of course, I may well be completely wrong.

I've had: Marcone, Icona, Feliana, Stephozo, Balino, Lutetia, Logono, and Marcino. That's in just four generations.

Wow Arnie, you have had a lot of Italian sounding names. I think the most I've had was Stephino. I had an Icona, but I thought it was a female version of Icon. hehe I usually get the computer / techy or just plain weird ones (Boo, Pepper, etc.) It's amazing the variety and depth of imagination they put into our little entertainment. smile
Posted by: ShoeQueen

Re: Token - 06/14/09 08:38 AM

One of my favorites was Bonzo. I just got a Rubella, and she looks kind of like a little VF version of me; same hair color & style!
Posted by: JoClaire

Re: Token - 06/14/09 09:04 AM

I have a decidely Italian sounding family too!

Father - Gepino (makes me crack up when he's in the workshop as it sounds like Gepetto!)
Mother - Zappa (shes anything but.. lazy mare)
Daughter - Trishella
(Adoptive) Daughter - Carette
Son - Token (too cute.. he's the spitting double of his dad and always plays in the workshop!)

Re: Token - 06/14/09 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*

My peep who just passed away was called Giga, I really liked that name. smile
Posted by: Nealsmama

Re: Token - 06/14/09 07:31 PM

I had a family that I decided would be hillbillies. I didn't have to do a thing to the kids' names. The game did it for me: Bit, Bug and Freckles!

However, when they adopted a boy, I had change his name to Mutt. You know...because he was a ragamuffin off the street with unknown origins.

Re: Token - 06/14/09 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: NiCi
Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*

My peep who just passed away was called Giga, I really liked that name. smile

Oh, forgot to mention! Glitch turned out to be a programmer!!! Let's just hope we don't get one of his programs... *laughs*

Re: Token - 06/14/09 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: JoClaire
I have a decidely Italian sounding family too!

Father - Gepino (makes me crack up when he's in the workshop as it sounds like Gepetto!)
Mother - Zappa (shes anything but.. lazy mare)
Daughter - Trishella
(Adoptive) Daughter - Carette
Son - Token (too cute.. he's the spitting double of his dad and always plays in the workshop!)

Oh! I had a Trishella on my past generation!

Now I have a beautiful boy called Piccolo! I have this hint he is going to inherit the house... wink
Posted by: Jamie_lee

Re: Token - 06/18/09 10:43 PM

had one named bitmap
Posted by: crazychick10793

Re: Token - 06/20/09 12:13 AM

i have people named Zebra, Beta, Java, Login, Odessa, Zodiac, Icona, Spot, Pop, Glitch, Franola, and Greco
Posted by: VirtualKid

Re: Token - 07/08/09 05:22 PM

Some of my people were named Comet and Pepper. laugh
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: Token - 07/08/09 07:35 PM

I was playing on a test family and the first proposal that I got for my female little person was from "Hubby" grin
Posted by: Safire

Re: Token - 07/08/09 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
I was playing on a test family and the first proposal that I got for my female little person was from "Hubby" grin

I had the exact same thing! LOL!
Posted by: Jamie_lee

Re: Token - 07/08/09 10:11 PM

a lot of Names starting with Trish on my game
Posted by: Annie321

Re: Token - 07/08/09 10:42 PM

I also had a Hippo, but he doesn't resemble one at all.
Posted by: Annie321

Re: Token - 07/08/09 10:44 PM

Me too, I have a Trisha and a Trishie
Posted by: Safire

Re: Token - 07/09/09 03:48 PM

I've had a Logo, Tiny, 2 Hubbys, Pieretto, Pennania, Logic and some others I can't quite remember.
Posted by: ShoeQueen

Re: Token - 07/10/09 04:10 AM

I have Wizzy (female) and Done (male) in one of my families.
Posted by: pam1109

Re: Token - 07/10/09 06:15 AM

I've had a lot of "Soon" names: Soonette, Soonania, Soonilla, Soonina and Soonie. I once had a family where the oldest child and the youngest child had the same name - Happi, both girls. I changed the youngest to Hanna. I've also gotten 2 named Arrow, one was the dad.
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

Re: Token - 07/16/09 08:54 AM

Once I had a chid and a mum both called Cocoa. And when I was choosing someone to adopt I passed a man called Saffron! smile
Posted by: kissy06

Re: Token - 07/19/09 08:14 PM

<giggle> I just had an orphan show up at the door. Her name is Zappa and she dislikes music! laugh
Posted by: AndreaD

Re: Token - 09/22/09 04:44 PM

in my first (now deleted family) the first generation's husband was named Click and the second was named Flicker. I wanted to keep the real words theme going for the next generation but couldn't find a good wife with a real word name.

Re: Token - 09/22/09 10:53 PM

My peep Rosalie just adopted a boy - his name was Saffron - and he is one of those green-haired peeps. *laughs*

Now I'll just wait for parsley, sage... *lol*

Posted by: Krystal

Re: Token - 09/22/09 10:59 PM

...Rosemary and Thyme? laugh (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
Posted by: Rusty4679

Re: Token - 01/16/10 05:42 PM

I've had some called Input, Global, Load, Login and Orbit. :P
Posted by: Twilight_addict

Re: Token - 01/16/10 07:09 PM

I have ha floppy, and two named glitch right after the other. But not twins. It was strange. I have a peep now named Zif. It's very funny.
Posted by: Jenny23

Re: Token - 01/16/10 07:27 PM

I just had triplet boys named (by computer) Link, Legend and Input.
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Token - 01/16/10 08:01 PM

I had a girl named Libra!

Libra is my zodiac sign, too. shocked
Posted by: Parvati

Re: Token - 01/18/10 01:20 AM

Yeah, the names can be pretty bad... I have gotten Jpeg, Portal, Global, Spell (she is all blond and pretty). And some others that I forget. I have a rainbow girl who came named Blondie. XD. I think they need some more normal-name inclined people in the names department.

Re: Token - 01/18/10 01:33 AM

One of my very first peeps was a rainbow-haired girl named Blondie! shocked

I've still got her pic, but I cropped it and removed the name.
Posted by: Parvati

Re: Token - 01/18/10 02:16 AM

What are the chances? She looks just like that!
Posted by: halidog

Re: Token - 01/18/10 03:05 PM

shocked She was reincarnated!