Writing Memoirs

Posted by: mspeepers

Writing Memoirs - 05/10/09 12:55 AM

My 49-year-old has suddenly announced that she is writing her memoirs. Does this mean that she is likely to die soon?
Posted by: cjlouve

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/10/09 02:17 AM

I don't think so. I just had someone much youger (late 30's or early 40's I think) do that.

The first time it happened to me it was to someone in his late 50's. It freaked me out a bit, like you LOL
Posted by: SpecialPrincess

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/10/09 04:25 AM

I just think it's sweet. laugh I had Sophella do it twice a couple of days ago - when she was in her forties - and today she died after turning 61. laugh
Posted by: Riograce

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/10/09 05:32 AM

Yeah, that message kinda worried me, too, but so far so good.

I've gotten two other new activities out of my newest game ... my guy keeps putting eye drops in his eyes, and my gal keeps checking the foundation of the house. grin
Posted by: SherriLea

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/14/09 11:43 PM

Do you ever get to read what they write? My first little person just turned 51 and I know it sounds silly but I'll be sad when she is gone. I'll miss her little smiley wave. I hope she stays around a lot longer. frown
Posted by: SpecialPrincess

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/15/09 01:01 AM

No, you don't get to read what they write.
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: Writing Memoirs - 05/15/09 03:36 AM

I have had a few of my peeps do this and, the first time I saw it, I thought that peep was going to die soon after. I was happy to find out that is not some sign they are dying soon.
Posted by: JoJo1962

Writing Memoirs - 06/02/09 11:44 PM

I have been browsing through and cannot find an answer to why my little peeps are writing memoirs. Has anybody else seen this action?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Writing Memoirs - 06/02/09 11:50 PM

This thread has a bit of discussion about memoirs.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Writing Memoirs - 08/04/09 07:49 AM

Hey Lewanda, remember "way back when" when our peeps were writing memoirs I made a comment about not seeing any men writing them so perhaps they had nothing to write about? Well check this out:
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Writing Memoirs - 08/04/09 07:54 AM

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a male doing that. The first time I saw one writing them Miss Kathy it made me think she was about to die. smile I'm sure glad that isn't what it means.
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: Writing Memoirs - 08/04/09 02:51 PM

I only saw one female writing her memoirs, let alone seeing a male shocked

Good to know it works for both genders!
Posted by: arnie

Re: Writing Memoirs - 08/04/09 03:41 PM

I saw someone as young as 32 writing her memoirs, and she lived until her 60s, so it's not an intimation of impending doom. smile Here in the UK some 'celebrities' such as footballers or models will often publish an autobiography in their early twenties if they think they can make some money out of it. They'll use a ghost-writer, though, and probably can't put a comprehensible paragraph down on paper by themselves (cynical, moi?).

Now that you mention it, I've mostly seen women writing their memoirs, but a couple have been men.
Posted by: vfmacfan

Re: Writing Memoirs - 08/08/09 07:02 PM

My peeps always say "writing memoirs" in their old age... I get worried that they're going to pass away eek
Posted by: Terri M

Re: Writing Memoirs - 12/26/19 02:59 AM

As I was checking up on my families before night time lagged too bad, one of females, at 63 was roaming the property looking at flowers & other things, kind of reminiscing. I followed her and checked each thing she did, the last 3 were the paintings in the bedroom, writing her memoirs and looking at the Magic Fish painting. The next morning when I enter her house, she had died at 66, which would have been sometime that night. Her husband also died. I just had a feeling she would be gone. I keep notes on all families and members, matching ages makes it easier to know the age as the game doesn't always tell it.