Fed bar in .05 update

Posted by: Lewanda

Fed bar in .05 update - 05/06/09 02:37 AM

It seems that half that I do in my game now is having them cook meals...Otherwise they're all wondering around looking for snacks. frown However I'm sure he changed it because of someone thinking they should be all the time working in the kitchen.
Posted by: Lesa

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 02:44 AM

I have noticed the same thing! Hungry and preparing several meals a day. I praised them to sit and eat together but dang!

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 02:51 AM

Lesa, I wouldn't mind if they cooked the meals on their own, but they don't. They get hungry and start looking for snacks. Also if your peeps are in their late 50's or older you can hardly get them to cook. If they do it takes them forever, because the peeps are 80 and 90 in their 50's and 60's. frown
Posted by: Vampess

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 02:58 AM

Mine do prepare meals on their own. My 17 year old made breakfast for the whole family laugh

Just praise them when they do so. I didn't see their fed bar decrease a lot, but they do need breakfast and dinner, or else they'll go looking for snacks wink

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 03:06 AM

I do praise them, and sometimes they will fix meals on their own, but more often they'll all just go around looking for snacks. smile
Posted by: Vampess

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 03:32 AM

Are those kids? I noticed that kids with a low fed bar tend to look for snacks, while adults will prepare a meal. I usually drag everyone over when that happens, but I've also seen several kids just grabbing the prepared meal at some point, and of course, the parents ordering their kids to eat laugh

Edit: Here's a useful thread smile

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 03:48 AM

Thanks Sweetheart! I have praised them for making meals using the praise glove, fruit, and candy. Still most of the time I'm having to make them cook. It seems that mostly all I've done in my game play today...Not so much fun. Maybe it'll get better.
Posted by: funnyface

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 04:00 AM

Dang, I can't get my people to prepare meals. If their career is in the kitchen, then they will not cook, only look for snacks. So I started 3 other games with no kitchen career and they prepared ONE meal each and then nothing! If they prepare latte on their own (2 did) then okay, but if they never have, then I can't get them to do that either, no matter how many times I drop them on the stove or the coffee pot!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 04:11 AM

If you drop an adult on the table (where the eat their meals) they will always fix a meal if there's enough food available.
Posted by: bethlham

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 04:12 AM

I have found putting people with kitchen careers at the table helps encourage preparing meals more than putting them at the stove or counters.

I personally prefered NOT preparing meals so often.

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 04:17 AM

Drop them on the breakfast bar to get them to prepare a meal Sweetheart! When the kids reach 14 they can cook too. It seems that I've had more luck with training them to cook than with the adults. I guess it's because the adults have their careers on their minds. smile

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 07:26 PM

Yeah, me too!
Posted by: Mishileena

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 07:50 PM

Ha, as soon as I finished reading this thread I clicked back to the game and...
Click to reveal..
there was a cooking class event in which I had a great meal prepared for the whole family...I WAS going to cook for them but now I dont have to smile YAY!

Posted by: SarahSmile

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 10:12 PM

It seems to me like almost whenever I come back into the game after having been away (even an hour later), the peeps food bars are down to half full and one of them is having to make a meal. Is this happening to anyone else? That seems a little extreme to me.

Also, I've noticed that after making the meal, they hardly ever sit down to eat it. It seems like it should be pretty much automatic to sit down and eat it after making it (and all the other family members should come and do the same, which they usually don't).
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/06/09 10:16 PM

If you want them to sit down and eat more reliably, train them!

The fed bar in the middle is about right, generally. You don't walk around all day stuffed full of food, do you? Earlier builds where they were always >80% fed was not really working as we wanted.
Posted by: namesdi

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/27/09 11:42 PM

When one leaves the breakfast bar I look at the fed bar and it is not all the way over (100%). Do I keep putting them up to the breakfast bar to eat until the fed bar is full (100%)?

Thanks much!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/28/09 12:20 AM

If you want them to be completely full, you can sit them down to a meal as often as you like.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/28/09 01:58 AM

Isn't it amazing that you keep the well fed and I mean constantly full and you don't see any chubbies. I want this diet! smile
Posted by: namesdi

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/28/09 02:31 AM

LOL Margi! Me Too!

Thanks Lady, I noticed that each time they get up from a stool 20 is subtracted from the fridge.
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: FED BAR IN .05 UPDATE - 05/28/09 01:00 PM

I think the problem is that a lot of us (the players) are interpreting a full fed bar as meaning "well fed" whereas Arthur intended it to mean overly fed or overly stuffed.

I think it's pretty clear from his post above that a half full fed bar is normal for the majority of the day, with greater than that being normal for just after a meal. If the bar is totally full, you've just made them completely gorge themselves.

I have to admit, going straight from the first version of the game to the 0.05 update, this was the biggest shocker for me. But as soon as I saw Arthur's reply here, I felt awful for my lil peeps and stopped stuffing them immediately. I'm having a lot more fun now that I'm not so stressed about "starving" them and see the "fed" bar as and indicator of "stomach fullness" rather than how "well fed" they are.