The parents in my family have gone senile!

Posted by: FirstOfMay

The parents in my family have gone senile! - 04/30/09 04:30 PM

The mother turned off a TV that was already off and the father is telling a story to no one. They're only 51 and 50 for crying out loud! smile
Posted by: Riograce

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/01/09 02:18 AM

Yeah, apparently the adults die young in this game, which is a bummer. I wish there was a way to keep them around when the next gen comes back to the house - that would be more realistic, IMO. :-/
Posted by: Dragoness

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/01/09 05:24 AM

I have a set of parents nearing 60 and still in wonderful health! All the others died in their early 50's though. Oh and the nearly 60 year olds have a 3yo, she was just adopted in. Their youngest natural child is 12.
Posted by: clover63012

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/04/09 11:18 PM

has anyone been able to get their people to be over 60? i bought all organic foods and vitamins and still they died at 61 and 63. I know one of the trophies is to get to 70.
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/04/09 11:22 PM

The oldest I've been able to get my peeps was 62. I entered the game, noticed the age (was happy I finally got a peep over 60) and the next thing I knew he was on the bed, 'laying in repose' and was gone. That was just so upsetting.
Posted by: Jo5329

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/04/09 11:30 PM

I lost my Greg at 66 and his wonderful wife Trish at 67. Their youngest was 14 when Greg passed. I believe Trish died of a broken heart after Greg aged to 15. He's since gone to college, leaving the house a mess for his older sister Annie to move in.
Posted by: keri

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/04/09 11:30 PM

My oldest died in the night somewhere between 67-69

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/04/09 11:59 PM

Allegedly the latest updates allow the peeps to get older. I'll be interested to see how much older that is.
Posted by: DDF

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/05/09 12:11 AM

I haven't noticed mine living any longer. They seem to pop off in their 50's. And that's just not natural. Also they move like snails even in their early 50's. Some haven't even finished their careers. Retirement in real life is 65, so I wish they'd at least live to age 70.
Posted by: pebbles22

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/05/09 02:25 AM

The oldest I have gotten were 68 and 64. They were so senile! They couldn't cook anymore. They couldn't do anything. I found them together in repose. I thought I was going to cry. They didn't have any kids left at home so I really had to watch them to get them to that age.
Posted by: belleebutton

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/05/09 02:47 AM

I had one couple die together as well, it was less heartbreaking than one at a time since I'm finding the surviving spouse is often depressed..
Posted by: Rissy

Re: The parents in my family have gone senile! - 05/05/09 05:42 AM

darn.......my fiance and I do stuff like that all the time, he is 35 and I am 42

Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 06:33 PM

Has anyone else noticed their elders getting hung up on one or two tasks, to the exclusion of almost anything else?

My 66-year-old has gotten to where he constantly gets drinks of water. Sometimes he reads the newspaper, but he's usually drinking.

His spouse died a game year ago, but he's back to elated status, and his health (according to the game) is excellent.

I just think it's kind of sad and interesting at the same time, and wondered if it's programmed into the game or is just a fluke with this character.
Posted by: Elisa725

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 06:39 PM

I've noticed. My single gal brushes her teeth and reads magazines all the time!!! I have started to scold her for doing those activities.
Posted by: SarahSmile

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Riograce
Has anyone else noticed their elders getting hung up on one or two tasks, to the exclusion of almost anything else?

My 66-year-old has gotten to where he constantly gets drinks of water. Sometimes he reads the newspaper, but he's usually drinking.

His spouse died a game year ago, but he's back to elated status, and his health (according to the game) is excellent.

I just think it's kind of sad and interesting at the same time, and wondered if it's programmed into the game or is just a fluke with this character.

Does he ever make meals? They'll get a drink when they start to get hungry.
Posted by: maitoi04

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 07:08 PM

They also seem to get a lot of drinks when they are tired, exhausted. It doesn't seem to make any difference what age they are.
Posted by: Jami

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 07:22 PM

Mine never seem to notice groceries until I put them on top of them. They just wander around slowly.
Posted by: melanoma

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 09:24 PM

Why don't you guys move your peeps around then? If you don't like what they're doing, then click on them and move them. Geesch! What fun is it being God, if you don't use your powers??? LOL
Posted by: arnie

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 09:32 PM

The older ones don't seem to bother with celebrations for promotions or house upgrades, either.

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 09:42 PM

Heck, no! It's all about the pinball machine!
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/17/09 10:35 PM

I think they do get a bit senile, because some of my older peeps start doing things they did as kids, for instance: "getting attention". LOL! I think it's cute, and I couldn't scold them for anything. In fact I moved my scolding glove to the very bottom of the tooltray, because I accidently used it once when I meant to praise. If I could I'd get rid of it altogether! Why would anyone want to scold such cute little pixels?
Posted by: Jami

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: melanoma
Why don't you guys move your peeps around then? If you don't like what they're doing, then click on them and move them. Geesch! What fun is it being God, if you don't use your powers??? LOL

I do move them when I buy groceries and they won't put them away. However it bugs me.

It also bugs me their hair goes super grey before they're 50. My grandma died in her late 80s and still had dark black hair with only a few strands of grey here and there. Not everyone is iron grey at 50.

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 10:26 PM

Lighten up, honey chile - it was more an observation than a vent. wink

He has since passed away, but he was a hard worker during his life - had reached Master status - and I pretty much let him do whatever he wanted. I figure he earned it.

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 10:31 PM

See the LOL? It means laugh out loud. Most would read my post as already lightened up. Please don't take offense; none was intended.

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 10:38 PM

See the LOL? It means laugh out loud. Most would read my post as already lightened up. Please don't take offense; none was intended.

That's why I winked at you. If I had been offended, I'd have scowled. grin

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 11:29 PM

Oh. I thought you winked at me because you had something in your eye.
Posted by: bassgirls

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 11:33 PM

My old people keep forgetting what they are doing while they are fixing a meal and walk away. Its like they are hungry but cant remember why. LOL

Re: Senility in VF? - 05/18/09 11:36 PM

haha!
Posted by: BayouBlonde

The elderly - getting senile? - 05/29/09 12:25 AM

I've noticed this in my last 5 or 6 families and am wondering if it's just me and the way I've trained or what. It seems like all my little people once they hit 65+ can't seem to stay on a task, especially preparing a meal. They will begin, then wander off to something else and have to be placed back at least 3 times before they finally complete the task. Even at the treadmill, television, barbeque, radio or other tasks, they don't stay as long as they did at younger ages.

Today I noticed one of my elderly widows was walking down the hallway with the task of "dancing" but before she was halfway there the task changed to "enjoying the sounds of nature," as if she had forgotten where she was going or what she was going to do or simply changed her mind.

Is this some clever "senility" programming? Or am I the only one noticing this?
Posted by: EmeriLizzie

Re: The elderly - getting senile? - 05/29/09 12:36 AM

I have two over 60 currently that don't even notice if I put groceries in the kitchen, and they did before they hit 60! I have to pick up one of them and put them on the groceries to put them away!
Posted by: Simsane

Re: The elderly - getting senile? - 05/29/09 02:04 AM

I've definitely noticed that they no longer care if you put down groceries, but instead of me trying to make them put them away, I just exit out of that family and then right back in and the groceries have "magically" put themselves away. wink
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: The elderly - getting senile? - 05/29/09 02:32 AM

BayouBlonde, yes it does seem that they're programmed to get a bit senile...At least it seems that way in my games. I've noticed them being forgetful also.

EmeriLizzie, sometimes they'll still put the groceries away if you drop them on top of them a time or two. If they don't they still count toward their food units though.

Big hugs!