Before You Post...

Posted by: Krystal

Before You Post... - 04/24/09 04:42 AM

I felt this needed to be said.

Before you post a new topic asking for help, please have a look through the other topics. Many questions are being asked ten or more times over.
It is understandable if you don't wish to look through all of them to find the answer to your question. In this case, please refer to the Search Box.
This can be found at the top of your page on the navigation island. It is the seventh link across in the row of links containing the link to the Forum List and Portal Page. Through a search, you can check to see if your question has been answered previously.

Thank you for your consideration. grin
Posted by: gran3

Re: Before You Post... - 04/24/09 04:58 AM

I did do a search before I posted my question and nothing came up. Maybe because the board is so busy. Guess I'll wait for questions for a week or so.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Before You Post... - 04/24/09 05:00 AM

A piece of additional advice is to narrow down your search by hitting the advanced button, then choosing ONLY the Virtual Families forum.

I don't believe this thread was pointed to anyone in particular, so there's no offense intended.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Before You Post... - 04/24/09 05:03 AM

Nope, no offense intended. I just felt it would help people find their answers faster. smile

Also, if you can't find your answer, try rephrasing your search terms. Sometimes that helps.
Posted by: chawnee11

Re: Before You Post... - 04/24/09 05:15 AM

I think it would also be helpful if people didn't title their posts things like "a little help" or "help please" Hard to do i know. I'm sure i've been guilty of it. But Help with Fan (i don't think there's a fan so that's why I chose it) as a Subject makes it easier to find things too.

my two cents *grins*
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: Before You Post... - 07/17/09 08:51 PM

That's a good point chawnee smile Using a general title like "help please" may get more people to view the topic, but they may not know how to help after reading the problem so it's best to put what you need help with in the topic.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Before You Post... - 07/17/09 09:09 PM

The "Search"option is available only if you are logged in to your account.
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: Before You Post... - 07/20/09 08:57 PM

I would also suggest reading the frequently asked questions in this post and checking the guides section to see if your question is answered there. If your problem is more technical related, there is also a support FAQ and an entire forum for tech issues.
Posted by: AnnabelleR

Re: Before You Post... - 11/30/10 07:03 AM

Thanks for sharing the information with us... smile
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Before You Post... - 12/01/10 12:16 AM

I understand search for the thred with the topic want answers too smile as they always somewhere.