# of times a plant can yield seeds?

Posted by: Anonymous

# of times a plant can yield seeds? - 11/06/05 10:33 PM

Can a pollinated plant yield seeds more than once (I know they can yield a number of seeds at once, but once they yield seeds can they yield again later?)
Posted by: Archmage

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 11/06/05 10:36 PM

No, only just one time.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 11/07/05 02:47 PM

Thanks.. Ok, just making sure (I'm a real newbie)- they can pollinate other plants thru-out their lives, correct? Lastly, are plants of the same species exactly identical, or can they have different #s of flowers? (It's a little confusing to me - i'm used to fish tycoon where each species has a different name, and it's a lot easier to keep track of..) Thank you for your help!
Posted by: Archmage

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 11/07/05 05:51 PM

Yeah, you can pollinate with others dozens of times. And the flowers are always drawn in a different way in each plant. If they're the same kind, they are always different!
Posted by: Star

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 06/30/06 02:47 AM

Hi, I have just started Plant tycoon and I have found that after I pollinate my plants they will produce one seed. If I do not catch it in time then I will find 2 seeds in the seed box for me to move to my seed manager.

I placed that flower for sale and it did not sell right away so I went to change the price and found out that it produce another seed.

So my plants are producing more than one to two seeds.
Posted by: auntiekim

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 06/30/06 05:54 AM

Some plants have given me 6 seeds, some only 1, if you tap on the information about wether the plant is pollinated or not it will tell you either that this plants seeds are not yet ripe (more seeds to come) or this plant is done producing seeds, thats it for that plant. I have had at least one that didn't give any seeds, but I had been messing with the time, so it could have been me!. However you can only pollinate the plant once.
Posted by: hellcat847

Re: # of times a plant can yield seeds? - 09/12/06 03:48 AM

Yep. PLant always produce at least 3 seeds, thought i have seen up to 6.