VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE

Posted by: Borg

VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 04:58 AM

In the guide section the Virtual Seed Tray program has been upgraded a little a few minutes ago. The previous version would start to have trouble when there were more than 200-300 seeds in the file. this was because the sort routine was elegant but not very efficient. The sort routine is now 99.99% efficient and I am looking at a file with 1500+ seeds in it right now that has no problem loading/sorting/saving.

I am not sure but I think at least 1 person who had a lot of seeds in the file was affected by this problem. So if you are using VST and plan to save a lot of seeds, download the new one. It is compatible with files created by the previous one.

The other addition to the program is a print button on the foliage / flower pages, which was requested a few days ago. Before you actually print it, on the printer setup page, change the orientation from portrait to landscape. I forgot to set landscape as the default in this release, but in future releases the default is already landscape.

Cheers,
Borg

EDIT: PS Here is a link:
Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, read the non-spoiler information at the top, and keep reading until you reach a point that warns you of spoilers. then scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 05:16 AM

Borg, I can't find the file to download the upgrade for VST
Posted by: laurence

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 09:36 AM

The link is just above your post!! \:\)
In the PT guide section, it's "[SPOILERS] Improved Virtual Seed Tray by Borg"
Posted by: biddy

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 10:35 PM

I downloaded the link at the bottom and it worked for me.

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 10:40 PM

if you have any problems, suggestions, or comments, i would love to know what they are \:\)
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 10:42 PM

Yea, when's the Mac version coming? If you need a beta tester, tho I have no experience and LadyCFII probably won't let me, I'm free no charge.
Posted by: biddy

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 10:46 PM

Shall let you know
Though I think I might have set it up incorrectly - the current _bug_ slider bar is not there and it only shows the _bug_ that I caught when I set it up.
Otherwise it is showing what bugs I have and the names and Nos. of them perfectly
I shall let you know more when I have had a bit more time to check it - but so far it is great.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 10:50 PM

Jazzo, you can test any of Borg's utilities (when there actually is a Mac version of them), since you don't have to sign any legal documents to test them. Charley tested the VST, and he's younger than you are. \:\)
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/06/07 11:21 PM

\:\) good. Well, u guys take yer time tho.
Posted by: kerippi

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/18/07 05:42 AM

Is there something similar for the fish tycoon?

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/18/07 03:24 PM

No, there isn't.
Posted by: lp7p

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/18/07 04:41 PM

yall know Borg needs a mac.....u can take me up on the GET BORG A MAC fundraiser if ur that anxious for a Mac version. rofl
Posted by: Christy79

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/24/07 09:45 PM

HELP!!!

I am trying to move some of my files to my new computer and can't firgure out how to move the virtual seed tray with all of my seeds. WAAAAAAA!!!!
Posted by: Kadgii Kailali

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/24/07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Christy79

HELP!!!

I am trying to move some of my files to my new computer and can't firgure out how to move the virtual seed tray with all of my seeds. WAAAAAAA

coudn't you just copy the files over?

ps just so u know i am not an expert its just what i would do in that situation \:\)

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/24/07 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Christy79
HELP!!! I am trying to move some of my files to my new computer and can't firgure out how to move the virtual seed tray with all of my seeds. WAAAAAAA!!!!

What kind of computer did you get? Lucky you!

I've not tried this but it should work:

1. Talk to the vendor you bought Plant Tycoon from to get an activation code for it for your new computer.
2. Install Plant Tycoon on your new computer. Enter the activation code per whatever instructions were given to you by the vendor in step 1.
3. Copy all the files from your Plant Tycoon save game folder on the first computer into the Plant Tycoon save game folder on your second computer. The save folder is usually located in:
My Documents > LDW > Plant Tycoon

Try it and let us know if it works. Best of luck to you \:\)

Happy Holidays,
Borg

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 01:38 PM

I got the Plant Tycoon reloaded and copied files. I think it worked. I copied them before and I think I might have put them files in the wrong spot. VST seems to work now. just a tiny bit slower, but I dont think I have lost anything! Phewww. I am so close to having all the seeds and plants discoverd.

I ended up getting a new Emachines (with VISTA)about a week before black friday. Awesome video and 320 gb HD. I got one of those package deals. Goofy me thought it came with a LCD acreen. Now I am stuck with a CRT that Best Buy won't take back or exchange for me.
Anyone need a new monitor? :-)

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 04:58 PM

OKIES. mmmmmm now when I open VST I get like 5 of them popping up!

Not sure what this is about.

I am thinking when I transfered my old files using this marvalous (sp?) contraption called a transfer cable, I might have transfered some conflicting files. THe stupid program doesn't let you pick exactly which files you want very easily then I couldn't figure out where VISTA put them. sigh! lots of new stuff to learn.

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 06:19 PM

I wouldn't really call it a stupid program; it's just a nice utility that Borg created for all of us that allows you to do some very handy things that are not programmed into Plant Tycoon. Since it is not intended to be a full-featured application, you have to make sure to set it up properly and manage your save files properly or bad things can happen.

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
I wouldn't really call it a stupid program; it's just a nice utility that Borg created for all of us that allows you to do some very handy things that are not programmed into Plant Tycoon. Since it is not intended to be a full-featured application, you have to make sure to set it up properly and manage your save files properly or bad things can happen.

Oh no! NO! I meant the transfer program. I LOVE THE utility! I promise!!

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 06:51 PM

Oh, THAT!! That might be a stupid program - many of them are!
Posted by: Suneebeeches

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/25/07 11:38 PM

I downloaded & unzipped, opened and transfered my seeds but the chart just shows the grid with no words....what did I do wrong???

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/26/07 05:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Suneebeeches
I downloaded & unzipped, opened and transfered my seeds but the chart just shows the grid with no words....what did I do wrong???
For the spoiler information ("words") go to Options and change what is checked there. The default values are to hide all the "spoiler" information, but you can reveal as much or as little of it as you like by changing the check marks. The options are very straightforward, but if you are confused there is a complete review of the options in the guide section (or you can certainly post any questions here as well).

Happy Holidays,
Borg

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/26/07 06:37 AM

Didn't help, I get a window saying

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continure, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. etc,

so when I click continue is when I end up with just the grid work with no plants......

what now????

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/26/07 07:10 AM

are you running the program from within the zipfile?

you want to move the program out of the zipfile to someplace else, such as the desktop, or the plant tycoon save game folder.

any other information you can provide? an unhandled exception error could be a lot of things.

anyone else ever had an unhandled exception error or is this the first one?

Borg

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 11/26/07 10:31 PM

This is the detail window that for the error. Maybe this will help. and yes it is unzipped and out of the file on the desktop.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize)
at VirtualSeedTray.FormChart.InitializemyDrawingArea()
at VirtualSeedTray.FormChart.LoadMyChart()
at VirtualSeedTray.FormChart.FormChart_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VirtualSeedTray
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/VirtualSeedTray.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 12/17/07 10:01 AM

just discovered something in the chart

example:

fragrant astera can be mutated into and from

fragrant orchid
fragrant Gladiatus
fabled Astera
Blazing Astera

yep,

the four plants in the north, south, west and left side of the plant you are trying to mutate are the mutation results \:\)

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 12/17/07 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Suneebeeches
This is the detail window that for the error. Maybe this will help.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.
I did a google search of this problem and there are several ways the Arial font got corrupted and several ways to fix it. Are you using Windows XP, Service Pack 2 - if not you might want to upgrade to that and see if that fixes the problem. Or, if you click the google link above, some of the links there tell you how to delete and replace the arial font on your system.
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 12/18/07 08:41 AM

AWWW BOO HOO!!! I'm pretty finished with PT but am working on FT now ... would love to have a auto checklist on fish found ... I have a manual checklist but think I might have missed a few checks lol ... my handwritten/computerized Microsoft Works spreadsheet is missing a few compared to the stats .... lol ... ugh!!

Re: VIRTUAL SEED TRAY UPDATE - 12/18/07 10:57 PM

cure the arthritis in my fingers and i would gladly write one for you \:\)