[SPOILER] Statue problems

Posted by: scottishlady

[SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 01:30 PM

Click to reveal..
I have been playing Virtual villagers 3 and have just gotten the statue to the top of the slope, and the villagers wont do anymore, the chief wont direct the work either, all he does is say he sees a place to secure statue, and that is it.
Any help please?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 01:46 PM

As the statue nears the top of the path, it becomes more difficult to drop a villager on the narrow hotspot. Try dropping your chief lower on the path, where the hotspot is larger. The entire length of the path is an active hotspot while the statue is being moved.

If that doesn't work, and you bought the game directly from LDW (virtualvillagers.com or ldw.com), please look on the game's menu screen to check the version number. If it says 1.00.02 or 1.00.03, please see this post.
Posted by: scottishlady

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 02:10 PM

Thank you that is it sorted now.
Posted by: RSonnier34

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 06:33 PM

I'm having problems with the statue puzzle. I drop the villager on the path. They see a place to anchor the statue then do something else. I have already downloaded the latest version with no luck. I even have started the game over with no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled too same thing. What else can I try?
Posted by: laurence

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 06:51 PM

Do the scaffoldings appear?
Do you have the plan on the board in the alchemy lab?

You may also look at these thread in Forums List » The Games » Virtual Villagers 3: The Secret City:
(SPOILER!) Statue Question!
(SPOILERS) STATUE HELP PLEASE
[SPOILER] Statue Problem

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 07:05 PM

no the scaffold does not appear, yes I have the plans on the board. I have the 1.00.04 version. They always see a good place to anchor but then walk down the path and go wash face or wash laundry

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 07:16 PM

You must insist until the scaffoldings appear!

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 07:34 PM

ok I'll keep trying..:) thanks
~Rachael~

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 08/02/08 07:43 PM

Keep us inform!
Posted by: graceworks2

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 08/03/08 10:25 PM

My statue is at the top of the hill now and yet it is head facing in... \:o I guess they will turn this breach baby before they push it onto the scafolding... lol

My question is about the time to repair amount. The "Time Until Repaired:" amout varries according to how many people are there pushing. BUT is it VV time or Real time? 'Cause mine is hoverin around 4 hours to repair, but it's right there, you see?

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 08/04/08 12:37 AM

It's real time! \:D
Posted by: graceworks2

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 08/04/08 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
It's real time! \:D

eeks lol thanks
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 08/04/08 02:53 AM

Hours are real time in almost all cases. By the same token, years are, of course, always Isola time.
Posted by: arnie

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 08/04/08 07:39 PM

It's "real time". As the statue gets closer to being completed it will change all the time, counting down to the completion time.
Posted by: dmatriarch

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 01:57 PM

if i have v1.00.02, does it mean i cant solve the statue??

when i reinstall v1.00.04, do i need to start everything from the beginning?? =(

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 02:03 PM

You can complete all puzzles successfully in v1.00.02. The statue requires a little different technique (dropping the villagers and the chief on the path and not the statue, for example) and a little more patience.

If you want to obtain v1.00.04, the updated version will not disrupt your games-in-progress. You can see more details here.

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 03:52 PM

thanx for the tips..i'll be more patience from now on

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 04:00 PM

i've tried so hard..still no one would care about the statue =(

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 05:33 PM

You must have the chief directing the work, or the statue will be ignored.

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/03/08 10:00 PM

i've already put master builder and tribal chief to initiate the work..nothing happens... =( i couldnt updated my game to v.04...it said that the file is corrupted
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/03/08 10:30 PM

Have you tried getting a builder to put it up for you. Or do you have the relevent upgrades fpr the statue.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/03/08 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: dmatriarch
i've already put master builder and tribal chief to initiate the work..nothing happens... =( i couldnt updated my game to v.04...it said that the file is corrupted
You have the scaffolding in place, right? Work can't commence until you've found a place to anchor it.

As for the corrupted file, that means the file is damaged somehow; a likely cause for this is data that was misplaced during the download process. Try downloading the upgrade again, and running it one more time.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/04/08 07:55 AM

i have anchor the statue at one place...after that everybody sees a good place for anchoring but then they went to do other things (fishing, bathing - have nothing to do with the statue)

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/04/08 09:45 AM

i've give up on solving the statue problem...n i cant update to v.04 version =(

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 09/04/08 12:54 PM

You have to have the plans ready in the alchemy lab. You just have to insist on having them anchor the statue until the scaffolding appears. Builders are more likely to be successful, but even a master builder can fail.

No work can start until the scaffolding appears. Just threaten to throw them to the sharks, they'll get in line. \:\/
Posted by: TorNis

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/05/08 08:53 PM

I have the same problem. Version 1.00.02
Statue's head is on top, then happened stupid action like "Proud of the tribe" and Chief Directing Work focus dissapeared...and now I can't restore it.
My current state...
Where should I place Chief now? I tried 300~ times in different places.
Is there any hot spot active in 1.00.02? I want complete the game!

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/05/08 08:57 PM

You should read the forum rules regarding appropriate language for our forums before posting again. However, as I stated earlier in this thread, drop your chief on the path (the lower portion works best), not on the statue, to continue having your villagers work on the project (or click the link I provided to find out how to get the 1.00.04 update).

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/06/08 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: TorNis
... Where should I place Chief now? I tried 300~ times in different places.
You may try this: Your current state... \:\)

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/08/08 01:49 AM

already tried...failed... =(

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 09/08/08 02:04 AM

You should be able to obtain and install v1.00.04, which would definitely solve the problem that you're having with the statue. Exactly what error are you getting when you try to get the updated version?
Posted by: Bigfitzy

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/03/08 03:33 AM

ive got the statue almost all the way to the door, but have run out of builders, (had 30+ but all died out over time of old age) and i've got no more construction jobs to train more,ive set at least 20 of my current ones to building as a preference but it hasnt helped

now what?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/03/08 05:28 AM

You will need to train them as builders by having them fix huts or exercise. If you don't have all of your technologies fully researched, there is at least one more building project that could help you, as well. \:\)
Posted by: emri

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/03/08 05:45 AM

I just had my builders fix huts until they became trainees.I was able to use thm to move the statue.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/03/08 09:38 AM

ive got all the hust built including the clothing hut, and all techs researched, whats this about excersizing to train them?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/03/08 01:52 PM

Have you checked out all of the potions that the villagers can make? \:\)

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/04/08 12:38 PM

yes have made the excersize potion but dosent last more than a few seconds, im gathering thats the only way to train builders now?
Posted by: emri

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/04/08 02:29 PM

Just keep placing them on the hut.THy will start fixing the huts.Take them from hut to hut.Before long they will be trainee builders.Ive even trained farmers,to be trainee builders.
Posted by: Dasani

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 04:43 PM

I'm having difficulties with the statue problem in that I am unable to use the chalkboard. I mistakenly dragged a villager to the blank chalkboard and it drew up the plans for the Bath. The problem is that the Bath has already been built and now everytime I drag any villager to the chalkboard, the villager 'refuses' as the plans must be followed first. As the tub has already been repaired, thereby the plans have been followed, how do I remedy this situation?
thanks
Posted by: Havetia

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 04:49 PM

I have two suggestions:

1 have you exited VV and then reopened it?

2 Are you sure you have the right techs?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 05:09 PM

Yeah, I have exited and reopened it. I belief I have the right techs - with the exception of the third nature level and the third science level (which just accumulates points faster, right?) they are all fully researched.
Posted by: Havetia

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 05:32 PM

Well the third science does make getting tech points faster, but it also lets you build the sewing hut. Your third Nature should have nothing to do with this. Have you dragged a villagers down to the bath? I just thought of something else see if you can start the statue. It could be the game had a glitch. Just some thoughts. laugh

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 05:45 PM

Dasani, have you had any puzzle reversion issues before this? You should not have been able to complete the bath in the first place without drawing the plans for it. It would be helpful to know exactly in what order you completed your puzzles.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 10:18 PM

I don't believe I've had any other issues prior to this. Now I'm assuming that not all of the puzzles need to be done in order, although there are some prerequistes for a few. I believe after researching and obtaining level two in Restoration is when the bath was completed. And yes, there were plans drawn on the chalk board, and completed. It's just for some reason, when I put a villager there later on, (just to see what would happen) the plans for the bath came up again. And now I've recently fully researched Restoration, but I still have the plans for the bath up.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 10:47 PM

It appears that you may have encountered a rare bug. Please have a look at the situation discussed in this thread and see if it describes your situation. If so, you should be able to proceed with the statue and ignore the plans on the chalkboard.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 11/11/08 11:29 PM

Thanks for the link wink
The double image on chalk board - it would seem that is what the issue is. No biggie, they're busy pushing the statue now.

Again, thanks.
Posted by: aries

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 12/12/08 02:06 PM

how can i build the statue

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 12/12/08 02:24 PM

There are several steps and requirements to build the statue. You can find complete instructions in the Official Guide to VV3. smile
Posted by: txmom2

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 03/10/09 05:44 PM

My daughter is repairing the statue. It's halfway up the path. Chief is directing work. But the builders are no where near the statue and are confused - there is no more room to help out.

What do we do to fix this?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 03/10/09 06:05 PM

As the message says, they have no more room to help - the path gets narrower higher up. Some of the builders will still be pushing. Just leave them to get on with it, and eventually they should complete the task.
Posted by: txmom2

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 06/07/09 03:52 AM

DD once more:

Arnie, reread my other post. The builders were next to the bath and were confused. I was confused at this.

Night all

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 06/07/09 05:07 AM

Arnie's answer was correct. The builders don't have to be anywhere near the statue for that to happen. The villagers "decide" what to do next while they are still at the site of their last task. If they decide to work on the statue, and all of the available 'pushing slots' are full, they will be confused, because there is no more room to help. Then they will choose a new task (which could also be pushing the statue, in which case they'll be confused again, unless a slot has become available).
Posted by: Lewanda

txmom2 /Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 06/07/09 05:24 AM

I think what Arnie means is that they don't have to be anywhere near the statue. No matter where they are if they get the thought to work on the statue it will register 'confused' if there isn't enough room for another worker to help push it. This job is best started at night and left on half speed. When you get up in the morning the job will have been done.

Big hugs!
Posted by: sleepy_always2k9

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 06/07/09 08:16 PM

exactly how many builders are required to finish this task

Thanks

Im new!!!

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 06/10/09 07:02 PM

At least... one! frown in plus of the Tribal Chief!

The more you get some builders, the more it will go fast.
Until that the piece of statue is in the middle of the pass. Then, you may put 8 or 6 builders only, because there is no place enough.
Posted by: Hsspink24

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 01/13/10 06:16 PM

Ok so here is my problem... I think I have the anchor in place but wheni pt the cheif to the statue to direct work it says he needs more leadership?? What do I donow?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 01/13/10 06:59 PM

You need to get to the highest level of leadership technology before your chief will know what to do. laugh
Posted by: megisawesome

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/13/10 05:32 PM

Not sure if any of this is a spoiler but idk how to do that special spoiler alert jargon. smile

My master builder won't even write the plans on the board. My bath is repaired, lift is repaired...but when I take my master builder to the chalkboard, he just gets confused and says more research is necessary. What am I doing wrong.

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/13/10 05:55 PM

Have you researched Level 3 Restoration and Level 3 Leadership? Those are both required for the statue.
Posted by: megisawesome

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/13/10 06:05 PM

Sure haven't. Dang. Guess well just be passin time earnin tech pts. Thanks!!! smile
Posted by: Midii

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/14/10 10:39 AM

I have a problem...i've made the scaffolding, lv3 restoration+leadership, but i just can't get the villagers to start working on it. There are plans, but whenever i drag them onto the slope where they 'find a good place to anchor the statue' (I'm using master builders here) they don't do anything and just wander off. am i doing anything wrong?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/14/10 07:40 PM

The game guide is always helpful, but in this case, have you
Click to reveal..
tried lower on the path?

Re: [SPOILER] Statue problems - 10/15/10 09:09 AM

Click to reveal..
After one of the master builders has found a good place to anchor the statue, you should drop your chief on the statue to supervise the work, followed by as many builders as you can.

Posted by: Tess_L_C

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 07/06/13 10:09 AM

Can anyone please point me to a link for the 1.00.4 update/fix?
I've been playing version 1.00.2 and have now hit this statue glitch; nowhere on the path or even below it works as a hotspot - my chief will not direct work on the statue anymore.
I have level 3 Leadership & Restoration, scaffolding is up and the statue made it to the top of the path, then the chief went off to look at a sick person and won't direct the statue building anymore :-(
I even let him die and tried a new chief, but he won't do it either.
I've read every post about the statue and clicked every link - they all take me to the portal page, not an update.

Please can someone help? I don't want to leave the game unfinished.
Thank you :-)

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 07/06/13 07:14 PM

Just go to the VV3 download page and click the 'Try it' button. You'll get the latest version, 1.00.4. Then install it over your existing version. It'll pick up your registration key so you'll have the full version.

That's assuming you originally downloaded from the LDW site; if you got the program from a games portal, I suggest you ask them if they've updated the game.
Posted by: Tess_L_C

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 07/06/13 09:59 PM

*Thank you*, Arnie! I d/loaded the update and the game is working from where I left off smile
Chief is busy burying the dead at the moment, but villagers are now pushing the statue.
Many thanks again smile
Posted by: crosstitcher

Re: [SPOILER] I have a statue question... - 12/08/15 02:16 PM

Not going to "ruin" the "surprise" of the Statue puzzle, but your "peeps" will be "rewarded" handsomely for all their hard work.
Wonderful job in the game to all the people that made the game.